Colouring Outside The Lines

By Penelope_Shuettez

Not all first loves are meant to be and not all "meant-to-be" couples end up together. Lucas and Quinn learnt... More

Introduction
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 18

4 2 0
By Penelope_Shuettez

LUCAS

     The beginning of June was already getting hot. I stared out my glass wall that morning after getting off a work call.

    I walked to the bed where Royanne lay tangled in the sheets. She squirmed when I tickled her feet.

     "Good morning baby," I whispered into her ear.
      She quickly pulled the sheets over her head.

     "You're gonna be late for class," I said while laughing.

     "My class starts at two today," She said then pulled the sheets off her face.

     "What's for the morning then?" I asked. Maybe she was free.

     "Uh.." she said while stifling a yawn, "I have to finish Rosalina's dress that HAS TO GO TODAY!!"

She jumped out of bed.
     "Quinn is going to kill me!" she said while running to the bathroom.

     Quinn is going to kill be too because I was going to be late to pick up Takumi. I almost forgot.

ROYANNE

   As much as I loved waking up to Lucas' morning voice, I had to finish this dress as quickly as possible.
     Summer vacation was starting soon and Rosalina's school was having some kind of ball/Prom.

    I did the final touches on the dress. It was a stunning Magenta high-low with a jeweld sleeveless bodice.

    I folded it carefully into the box.

    "Royanne, -" Quinn said while walking in and I began blabbering.

    "I'm so sorry, I know it should have gone last night. I'm taking it right now and I'll -" I blabbered but she cut me off.

     "Breath," she said, "Is the dress ready?"

     I nodded while carrying the box.

     "See, nothing to worry about then. Thank you and I take the box now, si," She said while taking the box from my hands and leaving with room.

     My phone rang after she left. I quickly picked it up.

     "Got into trouble?" Lucas asked jokingly.

    "Nope," I replied.

    "Wow, Quinn is either having a good day or is just more worried about Lina killing her," he said while laughing.
     Lina? Oh wait, he and Rosalina new each other, he dated her sister for four years.

     I shunned it away.

    "So, how about lunch before I go for class?" I asked.

    "uh I don't know. Maybe we'll get takeout or something. I have a business lunch at two," he replied.

      "Okay, see you around one" I said then hung up.

        I sorted out my recent designs into a folder together with the task Quinn had me do and walked to her floor to drop it off.

      I decided to just leave it with her secretary, when Tammy also came by the secretary's desk.

     "Hey Royanne," She said and I said hey back.
     "Hey Clara, Ms. Montanari's meeting with NYN has been moved to tomorrow, she now has a business lunch at two, Crimson Hotel's new LA resort." Tammy said to the secretary, "Also redirect all her business calls to me in case of any."

     Okay so maybe I was eavesdropping. But it could be a coincidence. Don't all business people usually have business lunches. It could be different.

    I met Lucas in the parking lot at one. We had a very short lunch together. I just ended up having mine to go.

     "After the meeting, I'm heading to DC," he told me as he drove me to campus. His hand on my knee.

    "Where are you having Lunch though?" I asked.

    "Crimson Resorts," he replied, "it's part of the Bertelli empire," he replied

    "I'll see you tomorrow when I get back," he said while parking the car.

     I nodded as he leaned in and pecked my lips

    "Bye," I said while getting out if the car and going to class. My mind shouldn't be bothered.

                          QUINN

      "And you didn't come with your driver or assistant," Lucas said as we entered Crimson Resort Parking lot from the business lunch.

     "The beauty is that I get to escape, I'm going home," I told him.

     "After that lunch, I think we both need some rest. Those people are hectic," he complained as we laughed.

    "Hey at least we brushed up on our mandarin," I supplied.

       We had lunch with Chinese Investors/clients who could only speak mandarin. They also didn't want a separate meeting for Lucas and I because it was technically the same project.
        Lucas and I couldn't help joking in Italian during the meal.

       "Well, have fun in DC, send Kit all my love," I said.

     "He'll grow too big headed," he complained.

     "That's the point," I offered.

     We said goodbye and headed our separate ways.

      I opened my car but couldn't help the feeling of someone's presence around. I put my bag in the car slowly and looked in the side mirror and saw someone. I turned to kick the person behind me.
       I looked at him when someone restrained me from behind. In panic, I struggled and dug my heel into their foot and elbowed them.
       The one on the ground tripped me. I tried to put up a fight when two others came and a sack was put over my head and I was tied up.

       After what felt like hours of being in a car. We walked through somewhere and I was settled on a comfortable couch, untied and had the sack removed from my head. My hair was everywhere.

       "Welcome Princesa," The devil of a man said as he stood before me.

      "Couldn't you have organized a more luxurious kidnap 'father'," I spat.

     He let out a chuckle and brushed his hair off his face.

       Couldn't he be those bold, fat dads. He just had to age well and knows it. Whore!

      "Don't worry Princesa, you have my genes, always young," he stated while pouring two glasses of whiskey and putting one on front of me.

     I said that out loud, didn't I?

     "Is that why you're playing around with that little boy? Advantage right?" he continued.

     "Do you always keep tabs on my life?" I asked him while looking at the whiskey on the table.

     "Who? Me? I certainly do not," he said, "How was lunch with Lucas though?"

     He smiled through the rim of his glass.
     "My girls are growing up. My precious Rosa is having Prom tomorrow not so? I'll have do do something to keep those useless boys away," he said as if thinking to himself.
      Poor Andre.

      I drank all the whiskey then stood up and said, "Okay, where are your henchmen and the sack? I have to leave."

     "Have a date? Still trying to keep it platonic with him, aren't you?" he asked while laughing.
      "Always so uptight princesa. Some people get frustrated and leave, don't make him wait too long."

      "Stay in your lane Marco, I'm leaving," I spat.

     "It's papa to you, and I'm just giving advice. I'm technically responsible for who you are. Might as well warn you before you end up some cat lady," he lectured,
     "We're the same Princesa, only difference is that you care too much for others. It's good to be worry about yourself too."

        I turned to leave.

     "Have dinner with me?" he asked.

      I gave him a middle finger.

      "It's just to catch up, maybe lunch," he said.

      "You'll kidnap me either way," I said and he smiled.

       "You know me too well," was the last thing I heard when I walked out of the room.

        I found Darius, his right hand man, and bugged him into taking me back to the resort but he informed me that they'd already take my car home.
        Eventually he took me home.

      I shifted a lot as I lay in bed. I have no idea why Marco's words always get to me.
       I didn't want to be a cat lady, I'm actually allergic to cats but that's not the point. I got schooled by my old man. I need to get my life together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173 14 13
Rayanne-Rose Constantine didn't get much from her addict mother before she overdosed two years ago. Unless you count her long first name, which is a...
2.8M 125K 65
[Billionaire / Fake Relationship] The last thing Livy expects is to fall for Logan, the hot but damaged billionaire who wants to help her pay for her...
89.2K 4.1K 27
"What could possibly go wrong? Dating a legendary rockstar could only mean good things right? Okay, maybe a few bumps in the road. Or maybe a lot. ...
265K 5.8K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...