Just us // Jay Kelso

By Forevernx

Aurora "Rory" Stokes never really found the amusement of doing the same things but what happens when a new gi... More

Before we start!
Epigraph
Playlist
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22

CHAPTER 15

2.2K 48 17
By Forevernx

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

"Looks and Memories"

⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳

It's been a week since everything happened. Ryan and I had planned our date for tonight, and I don't know how to feel about it. I'm excited about the date, I really am! But Jay keeps trying to talk to me I keep ignoring him, but now I'm starting to wonder what he wishes to say.

I'm taking a stroll right now, I just came back from the store and picked up a few new outfits that Nikki can choose for me. The nerves that I have about the date won't go away. Each step I take toward my house makes me more anxious. Ryan seems like a great person, I just hope that doesn't change after the date.

I just have a weird feeling in the back of my neck that something weird is happening. I shrug it off and start to speed up my steps and look down at the concrete sidewalk. While doing that, I turn a corner and accidentally run into someone. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking."

I look up after not hearing anyone say anything. All sorrow from my face fades once realizing who it was. I'm mad at the girl because of what she did, but she did tell me what had happened, so that kind of softened my anger.

I try to walk around her, but she turns around with me, "Wait, Aurora!" I stand still and cross my arms.

"What is it, Gwen?" I hear her let out a sigh, "I'm sorry, I understand that it was wrong. I was furious over something ridiculous, and the thought of not telling you passed over my mind because I was blinded by my anger." I roll my eyes at her confession, I already knew all of this, what was she trying to get at?

"I find it so disappointing to know you would do all of this over a girl you had just met. I've known you since we were little kids, Gwen. The way you completely discarded how I was feeling hurt, you know that, right? I turn my head slightly in her direction.

The look on her face tells me she was sorry, but I couldn't forgive her this quickly. So with that, I walked away from her. Letting those words that I had said sink into her mind. On the walk back to my house, my mind wasn't filled with thoughts for once. It was blank. I just thought about the scenery around my house.

My home was a gorgeous house, I won't deny that. The houses near mine too. Yes, even my neighbor, Jay. I shake my head at that thought and walk into my house.

I had told my aunt about my date with the boy, and she seemed okay with it. She didn't really know about me and the Kelso next door. I think she finally believes we have become friends. That's good enough for me since I don't want to explain all of what happened to her.

Carrying the bags of clothes into my room and throwing them on my bed, I collapse onto it also. I groan and turn on my side and reach out for the phone on my side table. I dial Nikki's house, so she can come over, and we can start the hour-and-a-half adventure.

...

...

...

...

"Nikki?"

"Rory?"

"Heyy, I just got home from buying new clothes if you're ready to come over."

"I'll be right there, I'm so excited!"

I giggle at her excitement, "I am too, I'll see you soon!"

"Bye!"

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

"I'm here!" I hear her yell while walking through my front door. I took all the clothes out of their bags and laid them flat on my bed while I sat in front of them just analyzing. "I'm in my room! The first door in the hallway!"

I reach out and touch the pretty red top I had bought. The color red had always been one of my favorites for some reason. I've always had a fascination with it. You could never go wrong with a nice ruby red. So of course I had to put red as one of my options.

The knob of my bedroom door turns, indicating Nikki found my room. "Okay, let me see these beautiful clothes!" She takes a step in and closes the door behind her.

"Woah, I've never been inside your room before." She looks around before looking up at the stars, "It's so you!"

I smile at her and motion her over to my bed, where everything was waiting for her. "These are the ones I've picked out for you." She looks over her choices and squints her eyes. She lets out a quiet hum, feeling the fabric of some tops.

"Wait a second." She grabs the red top and puts it with the faded blue jeans that I had. She turns around, seeming as if she was looking around for something.

Once she finds it, she walks over to my closet and opens it. Glancing down at my shoes, she grabs a few before putting them down. She glances at dark-colored flats and grabs them. "These!"

She compares the shoes with the outfit laid on my bed and nods her head. "Yes! This is it." She then collects all the clothes and shoves them in my arms, making me fall back slightly. I stand up from my bed. "Go change, so I can do your hair!" She pushes me out of the door.

I stand in my hallway, baffled at how everything happened so quickly. I shake my head and walk to my bathroom. A smile cracks on my face, I knew the ruby red would be good.

I walk into the bathroom and lay the clothes down on the counter. I lock the door and began to strip out of my clothes. Glancing at the shower, I sigh. A shower won't hurt Nikki's patients. I step into the open space my shower has. Turning the knob of the shower, I step away from the liquid, waiting for it to warm up.

Once I see the mist starting to form around me, I take a step into the warm water. The warm feeling relaxed my muscles and cleared my mind. I sit for a few minutes, taking up all the feeling. Not long after, I grab my shampoo and conditioner. I wash my hair, the best I could, and scrub my body with my favorite body wash.

After I finished, I turn off the relaxing water and step out of the shower. Drying myself with the towel I always leave in there, I glance over at my clothes, making sure I didn't get them wet. When I know I'm fully dry, I wrap my hair with a towel and dress myself. Peeking at myself through the foggy mirror, I smile at the outfit. It was really lovely.

I grab my dirty clothes and make my way back to my room, where Nikki is. I walk in and see her looking through my sketches. Forgot I had them out. I notice her put one away into my drawer and turn around to me with a smile.

"Of course, It looks gorgeous on you!" She walks up to me and glances me up and down, feeling proud of her work. "Now you're hair!" She pulls the towel off my wavy hair, "Shall we curl it more?" I nod at her and walk over to my new curling iron that I had gotten not long ago since my old one had broken. My old one was awful anyway, I'm just glad they made a new one. I sat down at my desk chair.

Nikki grabs the towel and dries my hair more. She starts curling my hair right after, not wasting any time. "Are you ready for this?" She asks me. Am I? I hope so.

"Yeah, I am." She curls more pieces of my hair making sure they look perfect while putting hair spray in my hair too. "Is he picking you up?" I let out a smile at her questions.

"Mhm, He said everything is going to be a surprise." She chuckles at that, "He's planning everything? He must want to impress you, Rory." I blush at the thought. Is he really trying that hard? "I don't want him to be too extra about this, I hope he doesn't think he needs to do a lot to impress me."

Now that's all I can think about. I don't know what he thinks about me, and now it's worrying me. "What time is he supposed to be here?" She sprays the last curl and spins me to look at her. "Uh, what time is it?"

She glances behind me and looks at the time, "5:30" My eyes widen, "Oh shit!" I stand up quickly and put on my shoes. "What? What's happening" Nikki looks at me concerned. "He's probably almost here!" I struggle trying to put on a simple flat. "Can you hand me my perfume right there!" I point at the bottle on my desk. "I finally get it on, and she hands me the bottle.

I spray it on all my usual spots and walk up to my desk. I put it down and head to my closet, grabbing my deodorant. If I get nervous I'm gonna sweat, this is very much necessary. I place that back down too.

"How do I look?" She looks me up and down, then smirks. "Like a Princess." I laugh at her and do a. She also giggles at me.

"Wait, here I brought this from my house for you!" She grabbed her bag and takes out a pair of gold mini hoops and a gold necklace. "I knew they would look good with your hair and skin color so I brought them for you!"

I looked at her with so much admiration. I run up to her and hug her, "Thank you."

This is a moment I'll always think back at. I'm glad Nikki and I are closer friends
now. She gave me them I put them both on.

She was right it does look good. I was going to say something else, but a loud knock from the front door made me freeze in my place.

"It's time! Are you ready?" I nod and start walking out of the room, "Are you going to be okay to go home by yourself?" I ask her, looking back at her. "Yeah, I'll lock up everything, don't worry." She smiles and starts to push me to the door before hiding behind it.

I take a deep breath before opening the door, Nikki gives me a thumbs up too. After opening the door, the look on the boy in front of me seemed fascinating. "Hi," I spoke up.

He breaks out of his trance, "Hey, You look-Amazing." I smile at him, "Well, I would hope so." He holds out his hand for me to grab, Once I did, he had begun to pull me out of the house, "Let's go, I have so much planned."

I make eye contact with Nikki and grin at her before closing the door. "You should tell me what we are doing." I laugh at the boy pulling me. "That would spoil the surprise." He says right after and leads me to the car he came in.

He opens the passenger door for me, and I smile at the gesture, "Thank you." I sit down and he closes the door. I look out the window to the house next to me, not even realizing what I was doing.

The sight I saw made my smile disappear. Jay was watching everything happen with a frown on his face, and when he sees me look at him, he quickly looks away. He walks into his house, completely vanishing from my sight.

"Are you okay?" Ryan asks me, I didn't even notice he had gotten into the car and turned it on. "Of course, I'm actually really excited." I force a smile on my face at him. He smiles back and starts to reverse out of my driveway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

609 0 31
This summer is goin' to be amazing. Outer banks, paradise on the Earth and here I am livin' my dreams. Hopefully... Y/n Routledge is young girl full...
7K 367 33
Christian Westbrook, an emotionless seventeen-year-old who is far too mature for his age, is trapped in a life with his aunt and uncle. It was never...
1.3K 278 28
Pessimistic Stephanie Thorne and her family just moved to a new town, and she's counting on a fresh start. Struggling to get settled, things began t...
2.2M 35.9K 68
[ 𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐃𝐔𝐄𝐓 #𝟏 ] _ In which four guys with a dangerous reputation happening to find interest in innocent girls. _ 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 �...