STANDARD 100: THE MAFIA HEIR...

By FRSTella

Being heartbroken for the fifth time, Rain decides to stay single and focus on his career. After moving back... More

SUMMARY
2: SIXTH
3: IF
4: THE FAMILY
5: EX
6: LAST NIGHT
7: KISS
8: BED (+18)
9: SPECIAL CHAPTER 1
10: INCORRECT S100 (1)
11: SMILEY
12: TWELVE
13: INCORRECT S100 (2)
14: MAFIA
15: CALL
16: SLIP OF TONGUE
17: SNAP
18: INCORRECT S100 (3)
19: THROWBACK
20: VENICE
21: CIPHER
22: STANDARD 100
INCORRECT S100 (4)
NEXT CHAPTER

1: NINETY-NINE PERCENT

6.3K 211 11
By FRSTella

RAIN

His hands clutched on the gray striped sheets as he moaned in pleasure. He looked handsome as ever as he bit his lip while beads of sweat glistened his tan skin and built body.

He flashed as smile as he thrusted deeper and harder. Another moan escaped his lips, truly ecstatic and breathtaking. However, the name he's moaning in pleasure, the lips on his skin, the waist in his hands, and the hole he is in, aren't mine.

..

It's been days since I caught my two-year boyfriend red-handed. He was fucking my schoolmate whom I introduced at the school reunion last year. I'm not really sure how long they've been playing behind my back but I don't give an ounce of care to find out. One thing is for sure, I gave him a good ol' kick in the nuts that night I caught them.

I just can't believe they actually sued me and I ended up paying his hospital bills. Those jerks. If I had known they would act up, I would've cut his dick instead.

"Ugh... fuck. Shit, ugh!" Curses kept running through my mouth as I drank another glass of beer.

"Hey, take it easy. You've been cursing since we got here." Sky, my best friend, commented as I glanced at him from the other side of the table.

"I knew I should've cut off his--"

"Okay, okay, that's enough." Sky suddenly covered my mouth, stopping me from talking which made me glare at him.

"People will think you'll kill someone if you talk like that, Rain." Sky whispered while looking around as if to check if people were listening in.

The bar wasn't that full since it's the weekdays and only a few tables were occupied. I looked back at Sky before licking his palm that hushed my mouth.

"Ew--you are nasty!" Sky half laughed as he complained and wiped his palm on my shirt, I can't stop but laugh at his reaction.

"Ugh, if only I'd known they'd sue me, I should've hit him harder." I mumbled as I remembered once again.

"You're scaring me hahaha." Sky laughed as he drank.

"Why the hell does this always happen to me? Everytime... just everytime..." I couldn't continue as I remembered how many times I tried to keep my past relationships.

"Everytime you lower your standards, you always fuck up?" Sky uttered as if knowing the words I was supposed to say.

Of course he'd know this since he is my best friend and he knows everything about me. It's a given that he knows how all of my relationships went straight to the drain every single time.

I met my first boyfriend at the university, he was a transfer engineering student while I was a business major. He had the looks and personality but he had the same height as me. My ideal type back then was someone who was taller than me but eventually, he had almost everything I wanted. He was a total 99% but I still tried it out. However, on our sixth month together, he left the university and it wasn't long when I found out that he went abroad with his long-time girlfriend.

That break-up made me change my standards and it wasn't long when I met my second partner. He totally filled up the list but, just like before, he was three years younger than me. I never actually thought of about age when dating but I really wanted to date someone close to my age. Then again, he was the sweetest and I liked that about him so I decided to date him. But like a curse, we broke up after his parents found out he was dating a guy. What's worse is that they were Christians and they weren't just the religious ones. They're the type to outcast a relative if they found out they weren't straight, treating one's sexuality as sin. Obviously, this was more than enough for me to end it.

The third and fourth relationships ended pretty soon as well. The third cheated on me with his boy best friend when they finally confessed their feelings for each other, making me the villain in their love story. Then, the fourth one chose his dream job instead of me. Both of them also met 99% of my current standard.

On top of those heartbreaks, I really thought my fifth one would be different. The day we met was the most magical day for me and it made me feel it might work out. I just got off of work that time when it began raining so I ran to the nearest waiting shed. Just like in the movies, he also came to hide from the rain and as soon as our eyes met, the rain suddenly stopped. We both found it amusing and ended up having coffee together. We began talking and eventually exchanged numbers.

It wasn't long when we started dating and he totally had everything I wanted. From the looks to the personality, he was perfect. However, just like before, he lacked another 1%. On our first night together, I realized that it was too good to be true.

'Ugh, fuck, it's in. You're so tight.'

I could still remember how flustered I was when he said those words because I didn't feel him that much. I ended up fake-moaning and had to stroke myself for relief. Still, I never minded the size of his dick. I even thought maybe I was the problem to expect that everyone with a face like that would be huge.

Disregarding his size, he's almost perfect for me. Yet again, he is indeed just another almost perfect. He still had the guts to fuck someone I knew and the worst part is I literally hated the person he slept with. Two years of my life was thrown away just like that, it sucks.

"Hey, that's enough. You need to unpack your things before your vacation leave ends." Sky reminded me but I can only care less and drank another glassful.

"I... swear... I will never... date anyone... ever... again..." I mumbled as I began seeing two Skies.

"Sky, you can do magic hahaha." I laughed as the images rolled their eyes.

"Okay, that's enough. Time to go home."

..

Two more days before my vacation leave ends and the boxes still remained untouched in my new apartment. After the break-up, I decided to move back to the apartment building I lived when I was in college. It's only ten minutes away from the office via cab and for some reason, I really wanted to come back to this place. Though my old apartment number was already occupied, I managed to get the room just next to it. Come to think of it, it's like another almost perfect event for me. I should really stop thinking about it now.

"To fix or not to fix, that's the question." I mumbled as my eyes roamed the dull room filled with unopened boxes and containers.

I still can't find the strength to arrange my things, probably because I've only been drinking on my leave. I had a few utensils and some clothes out, that'll be enough for now. What I really need is rest before I go back to the office. Rest, wine, and healing, that's right.

..

"Mr. Gram? Mr. Gram?" I called out as the man stood and walked to my window.

"All done?" The man in his sixties asked as I smiled and nodded.

"Five thousand in your savings account and three hundred insurance. Here are your deposit slips, receipt, and passbook Mr. Gram." I said with a smile as he reached out the small hole on the tab.

"Thank you Rain. It's nice to know someone in the bank. I get to cut in line." He chuckled and he placed his papers in his usual maroon handbag.

"You're always our priority Mr. Gram. Make sure to drop by the clinic for your Monday check-up." I reminded him as he nodded back before leaving.

Airbank, a government owned bank that has thousands of branches all over the country. High paying job and continuous hiring, this is one of the most stable bank today and this is where I work.

A teller of two years, eleven months and 29 days, I've gotten to know the bank's regular clients and also faced numerous challenges in this line of work. From rude clients to unbalanced accounts, I experienced them all. These years taught me a lot with my profession and receiving compliments from my co-workers really pump me up. It somehow made me forget the recent heartbreak.

..

Just like every afternoon, the bank was hectic as usual but it somehow ended smoothly. It only took me and Alliyah, a teller, an hour to balance the accounts with the bookkeeper's account.

"A great way to start your comeback, huh?" Alliyah joked as we were getting ready to leave.

"Well, it's the usual haha. When are you gonna get your leave?" I asked, pertaining to her maternity leave since her dues coming up in a few months.

"Well not this month for sure. Gotta work for the baby." she said with a smile as she rubbed her tummy.

I glanced at the wall clock just behind me and saw it was already pass five thirty. The office was unusually quiet and it felt weird since at this time, everyone from the supervisor to the loans officers would gather around the coffee area and chatter away while waiting for us.

"Hey, where the hell is everyone?" I asked as I roamed my eyes only to see two of the five guards standing by the door.

"O-oh, uhm... well..." Alliyah began to stutter which made me curious since she only stutters when she's lying.

"Well...? Well what?" I asked as I leaned towards her face and she immediately turned to look away, she's definitely hiding something.

"Uh-uhm..." her eyes avoided mine as I let out an amused smile, she looks cute while trying to reason her way out.

Seeing her act like this, something's definitely up. And the fact that I know nothing about it, I'm sure this has something to do with me.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you~" a familiar voice echoed the room as I saw everyone walk in while the bank supervisor held a cake with him.

"What the?" I mumbled as I smiled while watching them walk towards me.

"Happy birthday our Rain, happy birthday to you!!!" they exclaimed as I laughed at how their voices cracked at the end.

"What the hell is this? It's not even my birthday." I asked since my birthday was a week ago.

"Well, you were on leave so we decided to surprise you when you come back. Surprise?" Alliyah explained as I smiled.

That's right, the night I caught my ex cheating was the very day before my birthday. I ended up drinking my way to my 25th year and having to deal with those two at the police station made me forget all about my birthday.

Still, I'm thankful that I'm lucky with my profession. I never thought that working here would lead me to these warm hearted people who cares for me like family.

"But wait! There's more." Jared, the branch supervisor, suddenly said as he handed the cake to one of the loans officer.

"I am pleased to inform everyone that as of today, Rain is now a senior teller!"

My eyes widened at his words as everyone cheered and applauded.

"And to give your first gift as our new senior teller, we have the new members of our AirBank family!" Jared announced as I tilted my head in confusion.

"New members?" I asked Alliyah as she turned to look at me.

"Yeah, they've been here for a week now. They actually greeted you this morning but you were too busy to even look at them." She informed me as I turned to the new comers.

My eyes landed on the man that held another cake in his hand as he flashed a smile as soon as we made eye-contact. He walked towards my direction without looking away making me stare back.

"Congratulations... sir Rain." the unfamiliar man greeted as I let out a smile.

"Thank you... uhm..." I tried to look for his ID to check his name but it was covered by the cake that he held.

"Phayu, you can call me Phayu." He introduced as I looked back at him.

"Thanks... Phayu." I smiled as my eyes shifted to the new faces that came with him.

"Since we already had a welcome party last week, we'll celebrate your promotion tonight!" Jared exclaimed in high spirits as everyone cheered with him.

..

The night was long as the whole team celebrated my promotion and also my birthday. Lucky enough, they were able to reserve a slot at my favorite bar and restaurant so the noise didn't matter since we were at a separate reception, a whole room for twenty people. Though a few of the staff weren't able to come, a good fifteen people came along with us including the new employees.

"To our new senior teller!" Dion, an assistant bookkeeper, cheered with a flushed face, seems like everyone's already getting drunk.

"Senior teller! Let me pour you a drink!" Dion added as he reached out a bottle of soju towards me.

I'm really drunk and I planned on stopping but it'd be a shame if I refuse him now. With a smile, I got my glass and he poured it full. I ended up staring at the full glass, thinking if I should really drink it all.

"Eh? What's wrong? You don't like it? Do you need a knight? Hahaha!" Dion joked as if teasing me about my current heartbreak.

"Shut up." I hissed as he laughed harder making the others look our way.

Dion and I have been working together since day one, we literally got hired on the same day. He's cute and all but I don't like how nosy he is when it comes to my personal life. He would ask a lot about me and what I've been up to whenever he had time to spare. Also, not answering him would be a waste since he would annoy the hell out of me until I answer. Like Sky, I also consider him a friend whom I can trust my worries with, including my unlucky encounters with men.

"I'll do it." a voice suddenly came from my right and before I could react, a hand reached out for the filled glass and I watched him drink it in one shot.

My eyes gazed at the unfamiliar man sitting beside me as I tried to remember who he was.

"Oh... oh! Phayu! You're the new guy, right?" I recalled as he let out a smile.

Looking at him up close, he really looks handsome. He also had this friendly vibe with him that would make anyone comfortable with him.

"Phayu! Hey, Rain, you should be nice to him, okay? He's so... nice. He even bought everyone coffee on his first day. I can't believe people like you still exist." Dion stated as he wiped the side of his eye, as if crying for some reason.

"You're still dramatic as ever, huh?" I mumbled and I heard a laugh from the guy beside me.

Come to think of it, everyone seemed to be attracted to this man named Phayu. I could catch glances from the other employees and it's definitely not for me but for the guy who's seated on my right.

How lovely. I miss the feeling of being attracted to new people. However, my heart's unable to bear another love interest just yet. No matter how much I distract myself, I keep remembering the painful memory of being cheated on.

I should really stop for now because any relationship would only cause me more despair. I should focus on my career. That's right, being a senior teller within just a few years is a major achievement for me. Though my relationships always end up trash, my profession only gave me happiness. This is where I should focus now.

..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.5K 1.4K 23
Both Payu and Rain hate each other... Let's see how love blooms and who will fall in love first 😍
88.5K 2.9K 24
Arrange marriage!!! The rudest Payu...!!! The most innocent nerd Rain...!!! How will devil Payu falls in love with angel Rain ???
66.5K 2.6K 31
Story will be based on "Enemies to lovers" Rain and Payu both are spoilt rich brats They both flirts with every one And so many instances makes Rai...
77.2K 3.2K 37
What will happen if phayu and rain accidentally meet in a convenience store and fall in love at first sight and can't live without each other. This s...