BLOOD MONEY || bts mafia au

By sxngularityy

Thirty billion won. Two rival gangs. One mission. Objective: DON'T GET CAUGHT *cross posted on ao3* Ships inc... More

intro.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thirty six.
thirty seven.
thirty nine.
forty.
forty one.
forty two.
forty three.
forty four.
forty five.
forty six.
forty seven.
forty eight.

thirty eight.

136 8 2
By sxngularityy

When Jungkook came to, Hoseok was awake.

He felt someone's gaze on him and turned his head to meet the eyes of his best friend. Jungkook nearly broke down into tears again as soon as he looked at him. "Hoseok..."

Hoseok's face conveyed everything, his eyes already filling up with tears as he lay in the bed beside the friend he once thought he watched die. "Jungkook," he rasped, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for leaving you back there. I'm sorry I didn't try harder to do something, sorry that I wasn't strong enough to hold it together for Jimin and Taehyung-"

"Hey," Jungkook interrupted, frowning now. "Don't say that. Okay? You were plenty strong, Hoseok. You found me after all, didn't you?"

Hoseok laughed but it was empty, turning his gaze to the ceiling as he blinked back the tears that had gathered. "But I relapsed."

Jungkook stretched out a weak arm, reaching to give Hoseok's hand what he hoped was a comforting squeeze. "You're here now. That's all that matters." Smiling sadly, he added, "If anyone should be sorry, it's me. I should've at least found a way to get word to you guys that I was okay-"

Hoseok shook his head quickly, grip tightening around Jungkook's hand. "I don't care about that at all. I'm just so fucking glad to see your dumb face right now."

That made Jungkook laugh, the movement making him wince a little as it jostled his injuries once again.

Hoseok noticed the shift in his expression, his gaze flickering down to the bandages on his leg. "What happened to you? Besides the obvious, that is," he added, something crossing his face as he caught a glimpse of the healing burn marks poking out from the collar of his shirt.

Jungkook grimaced. "Let's just say we had an unpleasant run-in with another gang."

"I'll say," Yeonjun scoffed from the doorway, causing both of them to jerk their heads toward the sudden sound.

A crooked smile crossed Jungkook's face. "How long have you been there?"

"Long enough to see your heartfelt reunion," he replied with a similar smile. Turning his attention to Hoseok, he offered a genuine smile. "It's nice to see you awake. I'm Yeonjun."

Hoseok didn't seem to know what to do with his friendly demeanor but attempted to return it nonetheless. "Hoseok."

"I better tell Beomgyu you're both awake," Yeonjun continued, starting to turn back to the hallway. "He'll be happy to see you're so talkative already."

Jungkook snuck a glance to the other side of the infirmary, empty except for where Taehyun was still fast asleep. "How is he?" he asked, not looking away from the red-haired boy's still form.

Yeonjun made a face. "He woke up while you two were passed out. He drank some water and attempted to eat something, but Beomgyu wasn't happy with the amount. But at least he's keeping it down."

Hoseok looked back at his boss, carefully studying his expression as it moved from the sleeping boy to the yellow-haired boy as he disappeared, searching for hints as to what he missed. Or maybe he was just glad to see his face again.

Hoseok's voice was soft. "What happened to you?" It was almost the exact same words as the question he'd asked earlier, but this time the meaning was different.

Jungkook stared up at the ceiling as he searched for the words. Deciding to ignore the question at last, he looked back at the older boy. "I... I've been meaning to ask... How are the others?"

Knowing exactly what he was asking, Hoseok tried for a smile, but it fell flat. "They made it out. But they... didn't take what happened to you - what we thought happened to you - very well. Especially Taehyung."

There was his name, causing Jungkook to immediately drop Hoseok's gaze, clenching his jaw so hard that it ached.

Hoseok continued, knowing that he wanted more information. "Jimin had me search for you for days. He... I don't think he handled the stress of being the leader that well. I should've been there for him more, but I just couldn't..." He cleared his throat sharply, forcing himself to keep going. "Last time I was at the den, Taehyung hadn't spoken to anyone in days. He barely left his room at all. When... when I found your ring in the ashes of the building and we were forced to assume the worst... I think that's when he just couldn't take anymore."

"Enough." The word was quiet, but there was a gentle bite behind it.

"Look, I know that you never discussed whatever was going on between you two and it's not my place to say anything, but I just thought you should know that-"

Now Jungkook's words were clipped. "Hoseok."

Hoseok looked like he wanted to say more, to press a bit further, but he was interrupted by the presence of another unfamiliar boy. This one was leaner, his hair falling in his eyes a bit as he entered the infirmary, his attention involuntarily drawn to the red-haired boy across from them before returning to his awake patients.

"It's nice to meet you, Hoseok," Beomgyu said, giving a shallow bow when he reached the foot of his bed. "I'm Beomgyu, the medic."

Hoseok nodded, trying to let himself relax when the boy crept closer, fiddling with the IV attached beneath his skin.

Mercifully, he was distracted by Jungkook's voice. "I never asked, Hobi, but how did you find me?"

Hoseok kept his gaze on the ground, head turned away from Beomgyu while he checked his vitals for signs of progress. "I-I was out and I overheard people talking... about you. They mentioned the Anarchists and I figured I'd come and check it out just in case." He chewed nervously on his lower lip. "I... overheard them say something about Yoongi too..."

Jungkook felt his heart skip a beat. He wasn't strong enough to stand on his own, let alone defend himself against Yoongi... And Yoongi was bound to be pissed the second he discovered Jungkook wasn't as dead as he wanted him to be.

Beomgyu muttered a curse. "That must be Jay's gang. Stupid Yeonjun, always flirting around-"

Jungkook shook his head. "No one would've thought it would come to this. If anything it's my fault for being in this situation in the first place."

Hoseok glanced between the two others anxiously. "What do we do if Yoongi finds out Jungkook's here?"

Beomgyu was a little pale as he moved on to inspect the bandages on Jungkook's injured leg. "Let's hope that doesn't happen. If the Cobras were to come here right now... I don't know if we could hold our ground. We're not exactly operating at full capacity."

Sensing the shift, Hoseok followed their tentative glances toward the sleeping red-haired boy. "Who is he?" he asked softly.

"Oh, that's Taehyun," Beomgyu mumbled, a faint red hue on his cheeks as he fumbled with the bandages. "Our right hand. He... is recovering."

Hoseok look at Jungkook, hoping to uncover what Beomgyu was hiding. Jungkook was looking down, his mouth twisted, and what looked like guilt written all over his face. Sensing that was a conversation for another time, Hoseok cleared his throat awkwardly. "So, uh, how did you all meet?"

Jungkook shrugged. "I don't know. The last thing I remember was the building exploding and then the next thing I know, I'm waking up here."

"Tried to fight us the second he woke up," Beomgyu grumbled, but there was a slight smile playing across his face.

Hoseok chuckled. "That's Jungkook."

Jungkook smiled, but the humor faded to something softer as he looked back at Beomgyu. "They were kind enough to take care of me, despite all of the trouble I've caused. But if Jay's running around telling people that I'm alive... I better make myself scarce before Yoongi comes looking for me."

Their attention flickered to where Soobin had now entered the room, clearly having heard from Yeonjun that the other gang's members were awake. "I think the Arsonist has other problems on his mind right now. I just heard from our border patrol that Yoongi has relinquished a third of his territory to the Kingmakers."

Jungkook felt his muscles freeze. "What?"

Soobin shook his head, not sure how to take the message himself, much less deliver it. "The border we share with the Cobras is under Kingmaker control now. Almost the entire northern section of their territory has been overtaken."

Jungkook's stomach churned. What could have happened to make Yoongi lose that much of his territory? Jungkook used to know the black-haired male like the back of his hand - there was no way Yoongi would ever voluntarily hand over anything. It would have to be forcefully taken.

Hoseok glanced between Jungkook and the other boss quickly, uncertain. "What the hell happened? Was there a fight? Is Yoongi injured?"

"I don't know," Soobin muttered, "but whatever it is, it's not good. It's only a matter of time before someone decides to come after us, but I don't know who will act first - the Cobras or the Kingmakers."

Jungkook bit down sharply on his lip to keep the angry tears he could feel bubbling up from spilling over. Just when he thought he'd regained a chance of returning to his gang, to his home, to Taehyung, something else had to pop up between them. He didn't know how many more setbacks he could take.

But looking at Hoseok beside him, he thought he could at least manage the strength to try.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 5.8K 21
Tae and Jimin's relationship was already close to its breaking point, with Taes habit of taking advantage of his vulnerable and insecure boyfriend...
4K 174 23
𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞 ׅ꯱ꫀׁׅܻ݊ɑׁׅׅ꯱ᨵׁׅׅ݊ꪀ1 #acebtsbaby #bts #jhope #jimin #jin #jungkook #mafiajungkook #rm #suga #taehyung #yoongi #yoonkook This story i...
43.6K 2.4K 31
Two Angels and two Devils make a bet that they can get one human to fall in love with them first. ------- Bts boyxboy, don't like don't read. No...
240K 9.1K 50
We all have scars. From loving someone too deeply, From wanting to protect someone so much. Jimin saves Jungkook. Jungkook doesn't know it was him...