So take it all

By Anaeherrondale

Alyssa is a shadow, the shadow of her eldest sister Rhaenyra, the shadow of her deceased twin brother Baelon... More

From blood...
Shadow
Dark
In blood
No
Till the end of dragons
Ours
Hot coals
Diner
Together
Truth and dare
Rule
Bird
Blue blood
Debt
Broken
Blood sheets
Oh brother
Small hands
Toss a coin
Of your blood

Crown

4.1K 145 1
By Anaeherrondale

After coming to her senses, Alyssa goes back to her room.

There, she have a sight she never thought she would have.

Aegon, standing in front of the mirror, dressed in a black outfit. His golden chain seems to bring the only touch of color to his outfit. 

Alyssa's heart jumps in her ribcage. He is magnificent. 

He turns his head towards his wife "I'm going to my funeral..."

She walks towards him. "At least we'll be buried together." She hugs him from behind as best she can. She lays her head against his back.

"I always wanted to live free. I'm going to die in chains, on the Iron Throne."

"Don't worry. I'll make sure you die in our bed and nowhere else."

He sneers, "That sound like a plan." He turns around and grabs her by the waist. She now notices the symbol of their family, red and embroidered on his chest. Three dragons forming one. She touches it with her fingertip.

"Do you think it's too late to escape on the back of dragons?"
She smiled, not taking her eyes off the dragons. "A little too late, yes. Especially in that stage of my pregnancy."
Aegon glues his forehead to hers and puts a hand on her stomach.They stay there for several minutes, just enjoying each other's presence.

Aegon breaks this moment by placing his hand on Alyssa's cheek, causing her to look him in the eye. "No matter what, the two of you will always be my priority. I will be husband and father before I am king. And I will love all our children equally. I will not make the same mistake as father. I swear before you two and before the gods"

Alyssa feels the tears welling up in her. The emotions hit her more strongly and quickly since the beginning of her pregnancy. "And I promise, that I will be a wife and a mother before being Queen. And that the first who wishes you harm, will very quickly meet my dragon." 

Aegon smiles "My fierce wife." He kisses her passionately. He looks at them in the mirror for a few seconds, before Alyssa has to break this moment of peace.

"We should go...or mother will drag us down." 

Aegon grimaces "Yes..."

They separate and Aegon takes the cape which is placed on a chair. 

"You help me?" She smiles before taking his hands and tying him up. 

"You are perfect...my king." she kisses his cheek. 

She grabs her necklace that was on her dressing table. "My turn." He takes the necklace and she turns, facing the mirror. He delicately ties her necklace before kissing her neck."You are perfect, my Queen."

She looks him in the eyes, through the mirror. She doesn't want to talk to him about Lord Strong, even less about his bastards...this is not the time.

------‐-

A few minutes later, Aegon and Alyssa are in the Royal carriage with their mother. The now Queen Mother.

Aegon is moody. "Try to look happy, don't you know what it took us to come to this day?"

"Don't you know how much it takes me to do it Mother ?"

"You will be king!"

"And my father never wanted it."

"That's not true."

"He never loved me, never loved us."

Alicent look to her daughter for help. "I'm afraid you won't hear an argument from me Mother. He never loved us, that's a fact." She says, moving in her seat, looking unconfortable.

Aegon moves closer to his wife. "If I do it, it's only for my girls, to protect them." He puts his hand on her belly. "How is she?"

"Restless...She seems to like carriage rides as much as I do."

He laughs "Yeah I can feel it" He gets his head closer to her belly. "Be nice with Mama, sweet girl". The kicking stop quickly.

"Gods...have mercy on me...we are going to a daddy's girl." Say Alyssa.
Aegon smiles wildly. "That's my girl!"

Alyssa start playing with Aegon's hair. "How long the ceremony is going to take mother?"

"An hour...maybe a bit more."

"It's going to kill me...if this travel don't kill me first..."

"We're almost there, my sweet."

Alyssa huff and try to focus on something else.

"Their is something I want to talk to you both."
"What is it Mother?"
"Your Grandsire, the Hand will ask you to put Rhaenyra to death. You shouldn't accept. This is not what your father wanted."

"If she and Daemon were at our places, our heads would be on spikes by now. You know that very well." answers Alyssa resentment in her voice.

"She wouldn't dare."

"Oh she would! I will be first mother as she hate me and my baby is a threat to her." She says, upset.

"Please, I beg of you. Be the better persons."

"We will give her a chance to bend the knee if ask for her." Finally says Aegon

"Aegon!" protest Alyssa

"We have to show, how merciful we are my love. We give her one chance I'm sure she'll never take."

"You surprise me, son. I thought you were not into politics and strategy."

"I can be full of surprises mother. Anyway, I have to be now."

"Ok...I follow you. But one chance."

"Just one." Answer Aegon

"Thank you to you both." Smiles Alicent

----‐‐-----

The carriage stop two minutes later.

Their are meets by Aemond, Heleana Sir Criston and The Hand at the bottom of the steps.
"The New King and Queen will enter the Great Sept together." Says the Hands. "Will be waiting for you there." The Queen approaches them and kisses them. "I love you."

Their family enters, followed by a few guards.

Aegon takes his wife's hand. "You ok?" she asks him.

"I don't know. I'm afraid they'll hate me, call me a usurper, attack you and the baby..."

She puts her hands on his cheeks. "You are the eldest son of the king, he designated you on his deathbed. And if they hate you, it is because they are imbeciles!"

"Only you love me"

"People have to know you to love you. And they will know you my love."

He looks at the entrance of the Great Sept and the world around.

He laughs softly. "We managed to avoid the ceremony with great fanfare for our wedding..." "Fortunately...I would have hated it."

"Not possible to have a coronation in small groups?"

"I am afraid not..."

Ser Harrold approaches "We have to go your Graces."

Alyssa turns to him "You are here Ser Harrold?" she says, slightly surprised

"Yes your Grace...Even though I don't quite approve of what's going on...I have sworn to never fail to protect you, again."

She puts her hand on his shoulder. "I am happy and honored to have you by our side" she turns to her husband. "Let's go?"

"Yes"

They approach the door and could hear the end of the speech of the Hand : "...for as his spirit left us, he whispered his final wish, that his firstborn son, Aegon, should succeed him."

Alyssa and Aegon enter the Dragonpit, to the applause of the people and surrounded by the Royal Guard. The guards formed a barrier between themselves and the people, swords raised.Outwardly, they walk straight, unafraid when in reality they are consumed with fear, not knowing who is supporting whom. As they advance, they feel the swords lower behind them. This proximity of the blades frightens Alyssa a little but tries not to let it show.

Alyssa hears whispers. Some incomprehensible, others clearer."She looks like her." "Our good Queen Aemma." "They are beautiful." 

"Good fortune and privilege to be here to witness this. A new day for our city. A new day for our realm. A new King and Queen to lead us." continue the hand

They climb on the platform and join their family. Their mother smiles tenderly at them and comes and kisses their foreheads

Aegon should be crowned first so Alyssa stands next to her mother. Aegon looks at his grandsire, looking a bit lost. He walks over and gestures for Aegon to kneel down. The High Sept approaches and anoints Aegon's forehead reciting the protection of the seven.

Alyssa watches him intently, trying to calm their daughter who seems to be fighting inside her stomach.

The Great Sept gave the crown to Ser Criston.Alyssa immediately recognized Aegon I's crown, the one Aemond often showed her in his history books.

The crown is placed on her husband's head and she glances at her younger brother, who looks at the king with envy. She knows that Aemond always dreamed of being in Aegon's place and that he had many qualities to be a King. But fate is often cruel and leaves no choice.

Her gaze drift to the person behind her siblings. Lord Larys Strong, a smirk on his face...his gaze sent shivers down her spine. She try to focus back on her husband.

"Let's you all witness, before the seven, Aegon Targaryen as the true heir of the Iron Throne." Aegon gets back up with help from the High Sept.

Ser Criston bows to her, followed by the Queen Mother. Alyssa bows to him but never takes her eyes off him. Heleana and Aemond also make slight bows.

Aegon turns his gaze to his Grandsire who gives him a deep bow, a proud smile on his lips.

The High Septon speaks. "All Hail his Grace! Aegon, second of his name! King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men! Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm!" Aegon begins to turn shyly towards the crowd. The bells start ringing at this moment.

"AEGON THE KING" Howls Ser Criston

The crowd quickly begins to applaud and rejoice. They shout for joy and chant "Aegon the King"

Aegon is surprised but seems to appreciate it. He pulls out his sword and holds it up to the sky, sparking cheers from the crowd.

Alyssa feels relief flow through her. The people love and support him. They gives him the love he deserves.

After a few minutes, the Hand calms the crowd and speaks again. 

"Our good king, has expressed the wish to reign side by side with his wife, in perfect harmony." Aegon extends his hand to her and she quickly comes to take it. 

"Lady Alyssa Targaryen, daughter of the late King Viserys and the late Queen Aemma Arryn. Mother of the future heir to the crown" She turns and faces the High Septon who gesture for her to kneel down, which she do with difficulty, despite Aegon's help.

The High Sept comes to anoint Alyssa's forehead and chest, before taking a crown, smaller than Aegon's. In wrought iron, it forms three dragons that come together. He gives the crown to the Queen Mother, who delicately comes to crown her daughter. She kisses his forehead and whispers "My daughter, my Queen."

Aegon and her mother help her up. She also has bows from her family and turns her gaze to her husband who also bows to her. Showing everyone that they are equal.

"All Hail her Grace! Alyssa, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men! Lady of the Seven Kingdoms! LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!" Howls Ser Harrold next to her.

It took a moment for the people to express their joy and chant "Long live the Queen" "Long live the King"

Aegon puts his arm behind his back and presses her to him. Together they watch their people rejoicing and cheering.

They are kings and queens, they are what they never wanted to be. But they know they are there to protect what is most important to them. 

The love of the people is a sweet gift for them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 42 10
Princess Alice is the niece of Rhaenrya Targaryen, Daughter of Rhaenrya's Late Twin sister who was married to a Baratheon. She was born in 117. She a...
185K 6.6K 25
M-A-M-A. G-I-R-L. Mamas Girl. Alicent Hightower loved all her children. She did, and no one could deny that. But she has and always will love her yo...
196K 6.1K 38
"๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ด๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜€ ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—บ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ผ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—น๐˜‚๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป, ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—น๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ป...
1.1M 49.3K 40
โŽฏbetrayal cuts deep, especially when it comes from loved ones alaenys velaryon is rhaenyra's heir, and the only one of the velaryon siblings with sil...