When the Wingman Falls | Darl...

By summerqueen07

Jane De Leon, a 4th year college student, has an unbreakable bond with her bestfriend, Joshua Garcia; but wha... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
14
Epilogue
Special Chapter

13

1K 44 13
By summerqueen07

Janella's POV

"Ang boba mo kasi, gurl!" Joj shouted, so I glared at her.

We are the only people here in the room because most of the girls are still enjoying themselves outside.

"Ayyy sorryyy, masakit ba? Deserve mo naman kasi!"

"Truly! Instead na umamin ka kay Jane kagabi, nagpadala ka selos mo, ayan tuloy... nasaktan mo lalo ang Jane namin." Kim added.

Here they go again, fangirling with the girl I love since I was in High School.

"Aaarrghhh! I hate myself!" I covered my face with pillow because my friends are right, I just hurt my Florence's feeling.

"As you should, sis..." I heard from Joj.

Well, my friends make a way to know if that girl named Liza is Florence's girlfriend.

Fortunately, she's not.

She's just a friend na feeling jowa, duuuh!

Anyway, going back to what I said a while ago, it's true... I am in love with Jane Florence Benitez De Leon.

It all started when we became an opponent in Journalism before.

Flashback

"For sure, you will all win the different criteria in this competition... especially you, Janella." Our adviser in Journalism stated, she also looked at me.

I just smiled and nodded at her as I also walked to find the rooms where the feature writing is designated.

"Tssss, why did our adviser let us find the room ourselves?! It's very time-consuming!!!" My crazy moment with myself stopped because someone heard it.

"Hey, miss? You're talking to me?" I look at her before responding.

"No, I am so sorry... This… This is just my way of internalizing before the contest."

What the actual fuck, Janella? That excuse is so lame.

"Oh, okay... Can I join?" I laughed because of what she said.

"HAHAHAH! Napatawa mo ko don ha!"

"Ayown, nagta-tagalog ka naman pala! Nahihirapan na kasi akong mag-english dito, kanina pa, nosebleed malala!"

Okay, she's quite funny and has a bubbly personality.

Also, she has bangs which I found adorable... I mean, she's cute!

"Actually, hindi talaga ako nag-i-internalize. I'm just talking to myself because I am frustrated. I felt like I spent more time walking and finding my room rather than relaxing to come up with the best article." She just nodded at me, so cute~

"Hmmm, what category are you joining?"

"Feature Writing." I quickly answered.

"Okay, I'll help you find your room!" As she began to walk which I followed.

---

"And here is the room..." We also stopped in a room where the word 'Feature Writing' is displayed at the door.

"Thank you!" I also smiled and entered the room after.

I also placed my things in the nearest chair that my eye landed on.

"You're welcome, it's just a small effort." I am confused because she is also in the room.

"As much as possible, I want to talk with you but you need to go to your room. The contest will start any minute." I explained.

"Exactly, kaya nga pumasok na rin ako..." As she walked and passed me.

I was shocked because of what she stated.

Realization comes to my mind...

"Huh? Bakit mo ko tinulungan na halos ikutin ang buong venue if you already knew this room at the first place?!"

I get it now, she's the representative of their School to also compete in the category same as mine.

She just turned around to see my disbelieving look.

"Ang ganda mo kasi eh...

I mean... Parang ang ganda mo kausap ganon...

Tsaka, on-time naman tayo na nakapunta rito diba? Anyway, sorryyy..." She also scratch her nape while smiling, her eyes are also smiling.

"And also, good luck!" She began to walk to the chair she chose.

I cannot control myself... I just smiled back at her, even though I am not sure if she saw me.

End of the Flashback

From that day on, that makulit na girl never leaves my thoughts.

Even though we never saw each other again after the competition, I did all my efforts to know who she was.

Jane Florence, my future wife…

When I knew what university she would go to, I also did my best to follow her.

And that’s the story of how I found love in the most unexpected place and started to admire her from afar.

"Huy, tulala ka naman diyan no!"

"Maybe, she's thinking of her Florence again."

Never had a day that Joj and Kim didn't tease me because they knew it as these girls are also my friends since High School.

"You guys are annoying..." As I sit and faced them again.

"Annoying pero ngingiti naman." And as Kim said it, I automatically smiled which caused them to poke me.

"Guys naman, hindi kayo nakakatu---" We stopped because my phone rang. I immediately accepted the call.

"Hey..." It's her, Florence.

"Hey..." At this moment, Kim and Joj look at me. For Pete's sake, nang-aasar lang sila lalo.

"Why did you called, Florence?" I fucking missed you.

"Ahmmm... Yeah, about that .. Well, can you come here at the lobby this 6 o'clock in the evening?"

"Huh? For what?" Naglulumpasay na ngayon sa kilig si Kim at Joj because they heard it as I loudspeaker my phone.

"For a dinner date, is that okay?"

"Hmmm... See you." I ended the call right away and also jumped because of kilig.

"WAAAAAAAH! Eto na 'yon gurl, tatanungin ka na niya kung pwede ka ba niyang ligawan!!!" Joj statement makes me kilig more.

"Help me girls to prepare! I am so excited!" I also shouted.

---

"Good luck, Jea! Happy for you!" As Kim hugged me.

"Chikahin mo kami later ha! Enjoy!" Joj added and also hugged me.

"Thank you, girls! And yes, I'll just update you later." We stopped our hugging time and I also began to walked outside our room.

Well, I just want to be casual; so, I chose a floral dress, wore flat shoes and had light makeup.

---

"Whoah... I never knew that there will be a beauty queen here." That's the first thing I heard again as I saw her, My Florence.

"Bolera!" We just smiled because of it.

"Ooopppss, you forgot something!" I panicked as she said it.

"Huh? What? I'm so sor---"

"Relax. I mean it's your hands, it wasn't clinging in my arms kasi."

"Seriously, Florence?!"

Halos mapaakyat na ako sa taas tapos ayan lang pala?

"Syempre, safety first u know. Baka madulas ka while we're walking eh." I immediately held her arms and rolled my eyes at her.

We also began to walked which I don't know where the venue of our dinner date is.

"Hindi ka na galit sa'kin?" As much as possible, I want to be direct to the point.

"Nope, bakit naman ako magagalit? Sumama lang talaga pakiramdam ko kanina."

"Ahhh... Okay." My short response.

"Anyway, can I just say na I am so happy to met someone like you." She said out of nowhere.

What else can I do?

I looked at her and smiled.

"So random, Florence." I teased him not to show that medyo kinilig ako.

"Yeah, I know... but... but I guess it's the perfect chance to be vocal and finally say that I am beyond grateful to be at your side for years, Maxine."

Is this your official confession?! (⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)

"Pero iniwan mo ako, you ignored my existence last year." I butted in, also keeping my sanity.

Actually, I was so shocked by those actions of her.

We were good but suddenly, she left me without saying any reason.

"But I couldn't resist you, that's why I go back."

"You came back because I forced you and your friends to join the org..." I answered again.

"But still, look at us now, we're still together... I mean, magkasama tayo ngayon diba?" She has a point, so I stopped the debate with her.

"Just be thankful that I still choose to join the org again kahit na there's a leader na baka sungitan ako araw-araw or always contradict my idea..." We both laughed again because she's right in this part, I am like this to her before... before she became cold to me.

"Ahhh... So you're saying that I am choosy? Ganon ba, Florence?"

"No... What I am saying is... I still want to be with you kahit anong mangyari. I'll always find and come back to the woman who makes me feel important kahit ba ang harsh niya sa'kin minsan."

"I have always admired your kasungitan, intelligence, and your beautiful smile... I know it might sound cringe, but being with you is my safest place."

I am teary eyed now because I felt the sincerity and everything she mentioned.

I also observed that she starts to be emotional.

"Thank you, for everything...

All I want is your happiness, Maxine...

Because of that, I hope you will have a happy ending with him..." As she glanced in our back, so I followed what she did.

Joshua?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 935 31
Jane De Leon, a decent and wealthy woman who was recently hired as an employee in a big time brand company that is owned by a woman named Janella Sal...
137 56 31
*prequel of My Life: Fading Flames* Because Jane's parents realized that she was dating a guy at school, both of them banned her from using her phone...
75.1K 2.5K 44
Y/N finds her best friends after many years, how will that impact her life? Will all her planning and talent take her somewhere further than she is...
15.8K 394 16
Y/n is trying to survive high school with her 2 best friends. Things are going fine for her until she meets Camila. It's no secret Y/n's relationship...