ON CUE | HYUNHO ⚘

By rileysmiley139

Hyunjin decides to join a dance team after graduating, eager to keep a promise he made to his friend. However... More

warnings/thank you's.
one. (prologue?)
two.
three.
four.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
ninteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two. | final.
EXTRA: fun facts.

five.

3.5K 159 103
By rileysmiley139

Play with Fire.

After yesterdays commotion, we just decided to call it a day. We talked a little bit about what was expected and what will be going on, but in the end he just sent me home.

My first official day is today.

I'm not as nervous as I thought. I mean, I already met the guys and explored the building, so there really isn't anything to be afraid of now. If anything, I'm just scared of how the guys will treat me.

I've already come to a conclusion that Minho is a possible raging asshole. I hate assholes, but I'm going to give him a chance today. Because I said possible. Who knows? Maybe he will change.

Jisung is a flirt, one hundred percent. I don't know if he actually is into me, but he for sure has fun acting like he is. It's kind of entertaining, but I don't want to flirt back in the case that we both get the wrong idea. That might be bad.

Seungmin was quiet. He was the one looking at me in disgust, but he was actually nice today. When we were taking a walk of the building, he stayed close to me. Whenever I looked at him, he would smile. Maybe it's just his resting face or something that made him look at me like that on the first day, because he seems to like me.

Jeongin and Changbin were sweet. Changbin was energetic, he kept me smiling. Jeongin was quieter, but he would smile if I looked at him. I think he's shy, while Changbin just wants to make people happy. I like that about them, they are nice people. Not to mention Jeongin is adorable. He's the youngest of all though, so that's expected.

Chan was also nice. I like him. There's really nothing to say about him, he's just overall a nice person. I like the way he is reliable, and the members seem to trust him. He's comfortable, I like that the most.

I pull into the parking lot of the building, whistling to the tone of Arabella. I didn't come with Felix today. He slept at his own place last night, and came in his own car. I keep whistling as I walk into the building.

And as I enter the dance room. And as Seungmin looks up to me. I stop whistling when we make eye contact, and he smiles at me.

"Arabella?" He asks, going back to whatever he was doing on his phone.

I smile, and drop my bag in the corner where his is. "Yeah," I say. "I love the song, and the band."

"I do too." He chuckles. "I didn't expect you to listen to them." He looks up at me, as I take a seat on the couch opposite him.

I look up to him, and tilt my head. "Why's that?" I think I look like an fan, don't I? Do I? I actually don't know myself. I think he sees my frustration, because he starts to chuckle at me.

"You... do? But you don't. I don't know, I just didn't pin you as the guy to listen to music. I thought you would be athletic and more... man." He says.

I chuckle. "More man?"

"I don't know." He smiles bashfully as he shakes his head.

"Don't be embarrassed." I chuckle, looking at him. He looks up at me, and smiles back. "I actually want to hear more.. what do you think I'm like?" I pull my legs up and sit in a way where it looks like I'm giving him my full attention, holding my head with my fist as I look at him.

He looks up at me, and bites his lip. I watch as he turns off his phone, and puts it down on the couch. I like how he's now looking at me, giving me his attention. I want to get to know him, or let him know me, and this is the perfect way.

"You look like you play sports." He narrows his eyes.

"I did." I nod, a sly smile. "Guess which sport."

He looks at me, leaning a bit closer. "Basketball, you're tall." He brings his legs up, sitting on them comfortably.

I look down to his legs, then back up to him before I shake my head with a smile. "Nope. Guess again."

He frowns. "Soccer?" He tilts his head.

"Half correct. I played soccer, and swam." I say, smiling.

"You didn't say there were two." He says it normally, but you can hear the whine behind it.

I chuckle. "That's on me, I'm sorry."

"Do you still play sports?" He asks, tilting his head. "Do you have any other hobbies?"

"I don't really play sports anymore, just dancing is my workout." I say, and look away. "Um, I like to paint. Draw, paint— whatever. I also read a little bit." I say, nodding my head and looking back.

I look at him, and furrow my brows. "Why do you look surprised?"

He wipes the look of surprise off his face right as I say that. "I'm not—" He chuckles. "You just don't seem like the type of guy to paint, so it's a little shocking."

"Really?" I ask, furrowing my brows.

"Yeah." He says, nodding.

He is about to speak again, but the door to the studio opens. The rest of the members come piling in, all in their own conversations. Felix looks over to me, then to Seungmin. He has a curios look on his face, but it changes to a smile as he runs to me.

"Hey you." He smiles, tossing his bag and climbing onto the couch to sit next to me.

I smile. "Hey."

He leans his head on my shoulder, so I lay mine on top of his. Seungmin keeps his eyes on me, or Felix and I, but looks away when I look to him. I look away as well.

"You guys are here early." Chan says at he walks in, smiling.

I don't reply, because I'm watching who steps in behind him. He looks handsome as ever, in all black. He looks over to me for a quick second, his eyes then looking to Felix who lays on me, before looking away. He didn't glare this time, so that's good I guess. However, I like it when he looks at me. I can give him dirty looks then.

"Yeah, I woke up early." Seungmin says, and I look over to him. He stretches, before standing up and walking to Chan. "I thought I'd come in early, but then Hyunjin came in." He looks to me and smiles.

"I thought I'd be the first here." I say, smiling back to him.

Seungmin looks away, still smiling. "Cool guy." He motions to me while he looks at Chan, before waking over to Jeongin and Minho.

Chan looks over to me, then away. "Alright, let's get started then." He claps his hands, and everyone gets up and sort of comes together on the middle where he is.

I bring my foot up, stretching my leg. I continue to whistle, and look around at everybody. My eyes meet Minho, who's leaning against the couch with his arms crossed. He glares at me, so I roll my eyes and stop whistling and look away.

"Okay, so.." Chan turns around, looking at all of us. "I have a special song for Hyunjin to dance too, as his introduction. Just like all of you had, he's going to post a special dance video to kinda reveal himself to fans."

He looks to me. "It's Play with Fire, by Sam Tinnesz." He says. "I want you to create a choreo, and perform it. You can chose the style, what you wear, where you dance. Make it your own, and then come back to me. Okay?"

"Okay." I nod my head. "Thank you."

I start thinking of ideas already. The mention of my own dance gets my excited. This is my chance to kind of show my style, and what the fans should expect. I smile.

He tilts his head, chuckling. "Why are you thanking me?" He asks. I shrug.

He just shakes his head. "Anyway, for the rest of you." He turns to the rest of the group. "For our newest song, I want you guys to master the dance. Also, find a way to fit Hyunjin in."

Everybody nods. "Okay," Chan says. "Then you guys do your own thing. I'll get back to you guys later, I have some work to do in the office. Then after I'm done. I'll be back in an hour or so, and Hyunjin.."

"Hm?" I ask, turning to him.

"Feel free to go in any dance studio you'd like. If you need space, of course. You have three days, then I want you to show us the dance you have. By the weekend, I want you to be ready to film. We clear?"

I smile. "Crystal."

He winks. "I knew I liked you."

He starts to walk away, and everybody else starts to group together and do their thing. I watch as Chan walks out, but he stops before opening the door. "Oh," he says, and turns back to us. "I forgot to say, later today we will be discussing the living situation. Hyunjin, I'm sure you know about the apartments."

I nod my head. I was kind of nervous for this part, but I guess I'm ready. I knew it was coming, Felix told me specifically. I guess I'm just nervous. I don't want to have to live with somebody I don't like.

He nods. "Alright." He looks to his watch. "I'll be back before four, so just do your thing."

We all nod, some hum.

He exits the studio, so I turn away to look to everybody else. Felix looks to me, and smiles. He starts to walk to me, but stops when his name is called.

"Felix?" Minho says. "What are you doing? Get over here."

I look to Minho, and he looks to me. He looks me up and down before he looks away. I look away feeling a bit weird. He looks at me and makes me feel like I'm not human, or I'm the dirtiest thing on earth. It's getting out of hand.

"Yeah, hold on." Felix yells back. He comes over to me. "If you'd like privacy, there is a studio down the hall. There's a speaker system, so you can play your song and practice. Okay? Good luck." He says.

"Thank you." I smile, and he does as well. He turns away from me, walking back over to Minho who watches him. I take that as my cue to leave, and go to pick up my bag.

I sling it over my shoulder, and walk to the door. I look back to the guys one more time, and I meet Seungmin eyes. He gives me an apologetic smile.

Wait, do you think he knows? Why does he look so sorry?

I exit the studio with the questions in mind.

What if Minho talked bad about me?

I danced for about three hours before Chan came peaking in the room as a call to come back to the main studio. I have about a third of choreography figured out, which is really good. I enter the main studio with everybody else, Chan by my side.

They are all sitting on the couches, so I take the empty spot next to Seungmin. I see the way he smiles when I sit next to him, and it makes me happy. I think I made a friend already. However, Felix is pouting on the other couch. I give him a look, and he starts to smile instead.

"Alright." Chan says, taking the empty spot next to Felix. "I think it's time we discuss the rooming situation." He says, and pulls out his phone.

"Why can't Hyunjin just move into the empty room down the hall in our apartment?" Jeongin asks, looking to me briefly before he turns back to Chan.

"Well, I have a different idea." He says, and shows us his phone. "I figured it's time we all move anyway, since we complain about the apartments already. So, with our new salary, I rented us better apartments."

"There is three of them, so one of the apartments will have an empty room since the ones we rented have a total of nine rooms all together." Chan says.

"Do we get to pick our roommates again?" Felix asks, looking to me.

"No." Chan shakes his head. "Because I know who all of you will chose, and it's time we change. So, I downloaded a wheel spinning app." He says with a silly smile, and takes his phone back.

"Really?" Minho asks flatly.

"Shut up." Chan says playfully. "It works."

He types on his phone, most likely entering all of our names into the spinner. I feel the pit in my stomach again. I hope I get somebody that I know— like Felix, or Seungmin. Or I hope I get Changbin or Jisung, so we can laugh together.

"Alright." Chan says. He holds up his phone, showing us. "Dorm one," he says, and taps the spinner.

It spins fast, but ends up choosing Jeongin's name. I look over to him, and you can see he's excited. Chan smiles, and taps the phone again. It lands on Felix this time.

Felix looks up to me, and I look to him. We can both tell that we are hoping its going to pick me next. I think that would be best for all of us. However, it doesn't. It chooses Seungmin instead.

"Okay." Chan smiles. "Jeongin, Seungmin, and Felix. Our youngest." He chuckles, and pull out keys.

"You already have keys?" Changbin asks.

Chan gives him a 'duh' look. The three boys take the keys, and Felix looks a little down. He was hoping it would be me, I can tell. I just smile at him, trying to hide the fact I'm also disappointed.

"Okay," Chan says, tapping the spinner again.

It spins, and my stomach drops when it says my name. Everyone looks to me, and then back to the spinner. You can tell everybody is eager to see who's rooming with me, and it kind of makes me feel special.

Until it doesn't.

"Minho?" Chan asks, lifting his head to me and Minho.

I raise my head to look at him, but he's already looking at me. You can tell just by looking at Chan that he isn't so fond of the idea. "Okay, I guess we will see who else is rooming with them."

We keep our eyes on each other, until I look away. I am super nervous.

Jisung ended up getting the room with us, leaving Chan and Changbin for the last room. Everybody seems satisfied with their rooms, expect for Minho and I.

We had to go home all together in a car, leaving my own car at the building, to the apartment complex. Our apartments are all on the same level, so I guess we are all close. I'm just nervous for how this will turn out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 323 5
Four years and it doesn't get easier. The struggles of not having Felix by his side is drowning him in endless misery. Fences: 2nd part.
20.4K 792 13
A cute love story for a cute couple ;) Hyun Jae, who has been best friends with Chan since birth, has had a small crush on him since... forever. She'...
95.4K 2.8K 12
Hwang Hyunjin known for being a popular playboy/ bully at school. All students are afraid of him. Yuna enters his life and changes him. Yuna who ha...
1K 36 35
Where Hyunjin drag Felix to a dance event and Felix could have never predicted the outcome. 🔸🔸This story is just a piece of my imagination so this...