🌻 When The Darkness Comes |...

By skllington

(edited for spelling and grammar.) Bellamy and Clarke had a relationship on the Ark, and are reunited on the... More

One Year
First and Last
We Aren't Alone
Got Ya, Princess
Slay Your Demons
It Was A Silent Killer
I Need You
Trouble Ahead Pt. 1
Trouble Ahead Pt. 2
Save Her
So Close, Yet So Far
Your People. My People
Holding On
Before The Storm
This Is War Pt. 1
This Is War Pt. 2

A Right To Know

2.2K 45 4
By skllington

On The Ark, Abby had been doing everything she could think of to get herself down to Earth. She needed to know the truth, she needed to know that her daughter was still alive. Clarke's signals had been terminated just a few hours ago, and Abby was holding on to her last string of hope that maybe she just took it off like the rest of them if that was still even the case.

"How soon can you get this thing ready to drop?" Abby asked, walking into Mecha Station.

"I've been scraping up parts to fabricate a pressure regulator." A seventeen-year-old girl named Raven replied. Raven Reyes was the youngest Zero-G mechanic the Ark has seen in fifty-two years, and she just recently found out that her boyfriend was sent to the ground, of course, she was going to strike a deal and help Abby fix a pod.

"Can we launch without one?"

"Yeah, we could. But we'll be dead before we hit the ground. Rautured lungs, air bubbles in the brain."

"Damnit."

"Why? Did something change?"

"Clarke's wristband went out."

"Well, maybe she just took it off. Like the rest of them." Raven took a deep breath, after seeing the look on Abby's face. "I can get a pressure regulator today."

"How?"

"The less you know, the better," Raven said then hopped down from where she had been perched, grabbed her jacket then walked out.

================================================================================================

Clarke, Jasper, Bellamy, Monty, and Octavia, were all standing in a tent, looking down at the knife that was used to kill Wells, and cut off two of his fingers. Clarke had only just learned that he wasn't actually to blame for her father's death and then she lost him.

"Who else knows about this?" Bellamy asked.

"No one. Jasper and I brought it straight here." Octavia answered.

"This knife was made out of metal from the dropship." Monty pointed out.

"What does that mean?" Jasper asked.

"That means that there is a killer in the camp," Clarke said, balling her fists.

"There's more than one killer in this camp. This isn't news. We don't tell anyone."

Clarke grabbed the knife and started towards the entrance of the tent. Bellamy stepped to the side, blocking her.

"Get out of my way, Bellamy." She growled.

"Be smart about this, Princess." He said, looking her in the eye. "Look at what we've achieved. The wall, the patrols. Them thinking the grounders killed Wells is the only thing keeping us from complete chaos."

"What, keep people afraid and they'll work for you? Is that it?"

"Yeah. It is. But it's not just good for me, but all of us. Besides what are you going to do? Just walk out there and hope the killer comes forward?"

"No. Because I know who's knife it is."

"Oh, really?"

"J.M. John Murphy. The people have a right to know, Bellamy."

Clarke pushed Bellamy out of her way and stormed outside.

"Clarke!" Octavia shouted out after her.

"Come on," Monty said. The four followed Clarke outside.

Clarke stopped, and then just stared at Murphy, not sure what to do.

"What are you staring at?" Murphy asked.

"You son of a bitch!" Clarke exclaimed, quickly moving to him and punching him.

"Clarke!" Bellamy roared, then pulled her back.

"What the hell you crazy bitch!?"

"Recognize this, Jackass!?"

"That's my knife! Where was it?"

"Right where you left it after you murdered Wells!!"

That got the attention of the whole camp.

"What? Bellamy, you believe this crap?"

"You threatened him! You hated Wells!" Clarke shouted, struggling against Bellamy.

"Plenty of people hated Wells."

"You were the ONLY one to get into a fight with him and tried to kill him!"

"I didn't kill him then either! This is ridiculous. I don't have to answer to you. I DON'T have to answer to ANYONE."

"Excuse me?" Bellamy asked, loosening his grip on Clarke.

"Bellamy... I... look, I didn't do this."

"They found his fingers on the ground with your knife," Monty spoke up.

"And he tried to kill Jasper," Octavia informed.

"What?" Jasper asked.

"Is this really the kind of society you want?" Clarke asked looking over her shoulder at Bellamy. "No rules? Does that mean, we can kill each other without consequences?"

"I say we float him." A kid named Conner voiced.

"NO! That is NOT what I am saying!" Clarke exclaimed.

"Get him!" Another kid yelled.

A group of people ganged up on Murphy and started kicking and hitting him, one even went far enough to cut him on the arm.

"STOP IT!" Clarke screamed.

"GET OFF OF ME!" Murphy yelled.

The hundred quickly tied a noose and strung Murphy up on a tree.

"Bellamy should kick it out," Connor said, stopping a kid from kicking the box holding Murphy up, from under him.

The hundred started chanting Bellamy's name, and he gave them what he wanted.

"NO!" Clarke screamed, tears streaming down her face.

"This is on you princess!" Bellamy shouted at her over the cheers of the hundred.

"NO!" Clarke screamed again, trying to get to Murphy, but was pushed back by Connor.

"Let him die! He killed your friend!" Connor spoke, holding her back.

"Let me go!" Clarke struggled against Connor and the other kid who was holding her back.

"Let her go!" Bellamy demanded, trying to push the two boys away from Clarke.

"STOP IT! STOP IT!! MURPHY DIDN'T KILL WELLS!" Charlotte yelled.

Everyone froze and looked at the fourteen-year-old girl.

"I DID!" She finished.

Bellamy stared at the girl in shock.

"Oh my, God." Clarke breathed, finally getting free of the two boys, and getting Bellamy's ax from his waist belt, and then cutting Murphy down, quickly getting the rope from around his neck and the gag out of his mouth, then untied his hands.

---------

"Bring out the girl, Bellamy!" Murphy shouted from outside of the tent he, Clarke, Jasper, Octavia, Finn, and Monty were standing in.

"Why?" Clarke asked. "Why did you do it?"

"I was just trying to slay my demons like you told me to," Charlotte said looking at Bellamy.

"What the hell is she talking about?" Clarke hissed.

"She misunderstood me," Bellamy replied.

"Bring out the girl!" Another male shouted.

"Please, don't let them hurt me."

"Got any bright ideas?" Bellamy asked.

"We have to get her out of here," Finn suggested.

"And go where?" Octavia asked.

"Look, we'll get her out. You just deal with your boys out there." Finn said.

"You wanna build a society, Princess? Let's do it! Bring her OUT!" Murphy continued to shout.

"Charlotte, stay with Finn and Clarke. Okay?" Bellamy demanded.

"Okay." Charlotte sighed.

Bellamy took a deep breath, gave Clarke one last look, and exited the tent.

-------

"Why are you here?" Abby asked, bringing Raven into the check-out station of the med-bay.

"I messed up. I can't get the part. Nygel wants me to..."

"You went to Nygel? Kane's been trying to get her for years."

"Abby, I'm trying to tell you, we can't launch today."

"Are you sure Nygel has the part?"

"She can get one."

"Then, I'll take care of it."

"How? What are you going to do?"

"The less you know... the better," Abby said then walked out.

-------

"It's gonna be night soon, Finn," Clarke said, as they walked through the woods.

"I have a plan," Finn replied. "Don't worry.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?" Clarke exclaimed as Charlotte grabbed her hand. "Just because we saved you doesn't mean you're forgiven. Got it?"

"Clarke... She's just a little kid."

"She killed one of my best friends. Ended his life. A person, who has never done ANYTHING wrong in his entire life. You killed someone." She said looking at the girl.

Charlotte looked away, holding her head down.

"Look at me!" Clarke said grabbing Charlotte's face. "You can't just kill someone to make yourself feel better."

"CHARLOTTE!" Murphy yelled. "THEY CAN'T SAVE YOU!"

"Let's go," Finn said. "Get in."

"What?" Clarke asked.

Finn bent down and opened a door. "Art supplies store." He smirked.

-------

"If I hadn't confronted Murphy, none of this would have happened." Clarke sighed, sitting on the couch.

"No one knew it was gonna go down like that," Finn said joining her.

"Bellamy knew. He seems to always know what's going to happen."

"Okay, now I know something is really wrong with you if you think Bellamy is reliable."

"Bellamy was... never mind. Just forget it."

-----

On the Ark, Abby walked into Mecha Station, waving off the pressure regulator.

"What? How did you..." Raven asked walking up to her.

"Don't worry about it." She said handing it to Raven. "How fast can you install it?"

"I don't know. Maybe a few hours."

"We might not have that much time."

"I'm on it. Don't worry." Raven said, then got back to work.

----

Bellamy was running through the woods, following the sound of Charlotte's screams. Why the hell is she calling for Murphy? Where the hell are Clarke and Finn? Bellamy hoped that something hadn't happened to them, well to Clarke, he didn't care much for the spacewalker. He finally spotted Charlotte and ran to her, grabbing her.

"Let me go!" She shouted.

"I'm trying to help you!"

"I'm NOT your sister, okay? Just go!"

"Charlotte, listen to me. I won't leave you!"

"I'M OVER HERE! MURPHY!" She screamed again.

"Damnit!" Bellamy exclaimed then grabbed Charlotte's hand and pulled her along with him, they ran until they almost fell off of a cliff.

"You can't fight all of us," Murphy said, appearing with a group of people.

"Bellamy!" Clarke shouted, running into view. "Listen, we can talk about this!"

"I am so FUCKING SICK of hearing you talk!" Murphy said, grabbing Clarke's arm and then pulling her to him and putting a knife to her throat.

"LET HER GO!" Bellamy roared.

"Why? Like you've said, when the Ark comes down, little Princess here is gonna get it good. We won't." Murphy said. "That is of course... you're still in love with her."

"What?" Bellamy asked.

"Oh, I know all about you two. Overheard her and your psycho little sister talk about it. Clarke thought she was over you, then she saw you again... makes me sick." Murphy answered.

"Let. Her. Go. Now." Bellamy growled.

"Give me the girl," Murphy replied.

"Don't hurt her! Please." Charlotte begged.

"I'll make you a deal, okay? Come with me right now, and I'll let her go."

"Don't do..." The knife pressed harder on Clarke's throat.

"This isn't happening." Finn finally spoke from behind them. "Let her go."

"I can't let anyone else get hurt because of me. Not after what I did." Charlotte spoke.

"Charlotte!" Clarke exclaimed.

Bellamy turned just in time to watch Charlotte fall backward off of the cliff. "NO!" He yelled, reaching to try and grab her.

Clarke ran forward, next to Bellamy, they both knelt at the edge watching as Charlotte fell.

"Bell..." Clarke cried.

Bellamy didn't say anything, he just jumped up and stormed over to Murphy and knocked him down. For a few moments, the only sounds were the water and flesh hitting flesh.

"Bellamy!" Clarke jumped up and pulled him off of Murphy. "Stop!"

"Get off of me! He deserves to die!"

"NO!" She pushed him back. "We don't get to make that choice. Not down here."

"So help me God, Clarke, if you say the people..." He ran his hand over his face.

"NO! I was wrong before! You were right, some things are dangerous. But we can't just do, 'whatever the hell we want' NOT down here."

"So what, uh? Are you gonna make those rules?" He asked, he stared at her blues eyes, remembering the last time he did, they were so full of love, now he couldn't even tell.

"For now, we both do. You and Me."

"So what then? Do we just take him back? Uh? Act like nothing happened?"

"No! Okay, we banish him." Clarke watched as Bellamy walked passed her towards Murphy. "Bellamy, Stop!" She cried, trying to grab him, but he just brushed her off.

"Get up!" Bellamy said pulling Murphy to his feet and dragging him to the edge.

"Bell! Stop!"

"If I ever catch you near camp, we'll be back here. Got it?" He said then pushed Murphy down. "As for the rest of you, you can come back, or stay with him, and die."

The group that was with Murphy had turned and started walking away, leaving just Finn, Clarke, Bellamy, and Murphy.

"Clarke let's go," Finn said, reaching for her hand.

Clare pulled away from him, not taking her eyes off of Bellamy, who was glaring at Murphy.

"Bell..." She said softly, walking up and putting her hand on his shoulder.

He finally turned to look at her, and he felt like he was melting from the look him her eyes.

"Let's go." She breathed, then held her hand out.

Bellamy grabbed her hand and they left.

-----

"Damnit! Raven exclaimed.

"What's wrong?" Abby asked, pacing.

"She gave us the wrong damn part."

"Kane is coming down here." Abby thought out loud. "Just, do something. Okay? You get down there and you find out if the hundred are alive and you get on that radio!"

"What about you?" Raven asked.

"I'm going to stall. Now get down there." Abby demanded then left.

"Shit." Raven sighed then quickly tried to think of something.

Abby walked out into the hall, to find Kane and a group of guards behind him.

"I'm hoping there's a logical explanation." He said.

"My daughter..."

"I know, and I'm sorry."

"I still believe."

"What's the pressure regulator for?"

"Regulating pressure."

"Your obsession is now getting you floated. If you don't tell me what's going on, I won't be able to save her."

"You still don't understand."

"Arrest her. And continue the search for Raven Reyes."

Suddenly a loud bang was heard and everything was shaking.

"What was that?" One guard asked.

"She did it." Abby smiled.

"Abby, what have you done?"

"We have to know the truth."

------

".... That's why we've decided to banish Murphy." Clarke finished explaining what had happened.

"Anybody got a problem with that?" Bellamy asked.

When no one spoke, Clarke and Bellamy went into the dropship. As Clarke started to climb up the ladder to check on Jasper, Bellamy spoke up.

"You still love me?" He asked.

Clarke stopped halfway up the ladder. "I don't know, rebel." She smiled, then climbed up the rest of the way.

Bellamy smirked, at the nickname. Maybe things were gonna work out for them after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 322 44
BELLARKE AU Bellamy and Clarke were together on the Ark, forced apart by Clarke's arrest. Will Earth leave them be or make it worse?
23.8K 652 30
Clarke start at a new college, the second year. She need to forget what happened in the past. She need to focus on school. But what happened when she...
35.4K 1.2K 16
Clarke is lost; literally lost. She fled college after a night she can't remember with people she thought were her friends. She never wanted to go to...
679 7 6
Bellamy and Clarke escape capture on the world of Bardo and meet a much more uncertain path... Now they must survive on a new planet, alone, with no...