Undertale: Reason to Live

By narvaezmontoy

In this AU, Frisk is suicidally depressed, and it's up to Sans and Papyrus to restore his will to live. Just... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter: 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103

Chapter 27

240 8 2
By narvaezmontoy

After lunch, Papyrus went upstairs after asking Frisk and Undyne to pick up the drawers they flung out earlier to create a more organized environment for a therapy session since "a clean environment was the key to cleaning the chaos of the mind."

Once they picked up the final drawer, Frisk took off Sans' coat and his sweater and asked, "Undyne, what do you think he's doing?"

"With Papyrus, it's anyone's guess," Undyne said sitting down on the couch.

"No, I mean Sans," Frisk said putting the coat and sweater on a chair and sitting down next to Undyne. "Do you think he's okay? I mean. We left him alone with Flowey. What if Flowey wakes up and tries to hurt him? I can't reset anymore. The Holy One took it away. If Flowey kills Sans, I can't go back to undo it! I can't even create another save file yet…"

Frisk looked like he was about to panic. His breaths were getting shallower, he was gripping the cushion he was sitting on tightly, and he started to shake and sweat as tears formed around his eyes.

"Hey, Frisk?" Undyne asked. "It'll be okay. Alright?"

"No, it won't. I could lose him. Sans thought he had to be my enemy for so long, but now, we're finally brothers and friends. I don't want to lose him. I can't lose him. The Holy One can't let this happen. That would be so unfair, but what if He does? I would lose him forever…"

"Frisk…"

"I can't lose him, Undyne. What if he gets hurt?"

"I wouldn't worry about it," Undyne said as nonchalantly as she could manage while putting her arm around him. "You saw that weed, right? Sans almost killed him the first time. That flower doesn't have it in him to fight Sans now. If he tried, Sans would wipe the floor with him. You've got nothing to worry about, squirt."

When Frisk's breathing started getting deeper and he started leaning against her, Undyne knew he was calming down.

"You're probably right," Frisk said wiping the tears out of his eyes. "The Almighty made Sans strong. I've barely seen him fight, but I know it's true. He can take care of himself. I'll just pray just in case."

Undyne suddenly noticed the chain hanging around Frisk's neck.

"Hey, Frisk?" Undyne asked in an effort to get his mind on something else. "I've been meaning to ask. What is that necklace you're wearing?"

"Oh, this?" Frisk asked sitting up and pulling his necklace outside his shirt to reveal the key. "It's the key to the house I lived in with my parents. My Dad made this for me so that on days I got home before they did I could let myself in the house."

"Wait, you said you ran away after they died, right? So, why would you keep the key?"

"I don't know. I've never been able to let it go. I can't really use it for anything. Another family probably lives in that house now. I've never been able to go back, so I don't know for sure. But my Dad made this for me. When I wear this, I feel like I'm carrying a piece of him around with me. I guess that's why. It's also something to show the police to trick them into thinking I have a home."

"Nice."

"HEY! STOP MAKING PROGRESS WITH HIM, UNDYNE! THAT'S MY JOB!" a voice yelled from upstairs.

Papyrus then vaulted over the railing and landed on the floor in front of them. Frisk and Undyne stared at him in surprise. He was wearing jeans and a white sweater with his normal red boots.

"Well, I see the power of this outfit has made you speechless," Papyrus said. "If I knew this would happen, I would have stayed the way I was. I changed because whenever I watch therapists on TV this is how they're dressed. What do you think?"

"Papyrus, you look…normal," Frisk said in surprise.

"Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen you without your armor on," Undyne said. "You look good."

"Why, thank you," Papyrus said. "The goal is to look as unintimidating as possible! Nyeh heh heh! Now, let's begin our session. Wait a second…neither of you are sitting right."

"What are you talking about?" Undyne asked.

"You have to lie on your backs with you heads on the arms of the couch."

"Why?"

"Because that's what patients do in every picture of patients and doctors in therapy sessions in the book. We have to do that for the therapy to be effective. Besides, we don't have a fainting couch."

Although they were confused, Frisk and Undyne laid back on the opposite sides of the couch.

"Alright, now, all I need is a chair," Papyrus said. "Hold on a second."

Papyrus quickly ran into the kitchen and came back out with a chair from their kitchen table.

"Alright, guys," Papyrus said pulling out his chair and dramatically sitting down on it. "Now, where do we begin?"

"You're the one who has been reading that book," Undyne said. "Why don't you tell us?"

"Right, of course," Papyrus said pulling out the book and flipping through for the right place to read from again. "Let's see…cures…cures…cures…here we go. According to this, everyone has three basic psychological needs: self-worth, intimacy with others, and intimacy with the Divine…"

"Well, let's see," Undyne said. "I love myself and I have plenty of friends, but the Man Upstairs and I are not on the best terms. What exactly does intimacy with the Divine One mean?"

"I'm not sure. I haven't started that chapter yet."

"Well, I know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna look for some ancient scriptures like the kid mentioned. Do you know where any might be?"

"You can check in my room or go to the library if you don't find any there."

"Okay!" Undyne yelled loudly as she immediately bolted into Papyrus' room.

"As for you, Frisk," Papyrus said. "I think you're the opposite. Sans said you've already been talking to the Divine, so we need to work on your sense of self-worth and your ability to identify with other people."

"How do we do that?" Frisk asked.

"Uh…" Papyrus said. "I don't know…Let me think for a minute."

"OH, MY GOD!" they heard Undyne yell from Papyrus' bedroom. "THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!"

"Have you found the ancient scriptures, Undyne?!" Papyrus yelled.

"No, I found your manga collection! Why haven't you told me about these?! I have never seen any of these stories before! You're not supposed to hide anything from your captain!"

"I'm not done reading them yet. I didn't want you to take them and never give them back."

"Why would I do that?"

"You lost the last manga I let you borrow before I finished."

"Well, whatever. Don't bug me. I have reading to do!"

"Undyne, you're supposed to be getting closer to God."

"These manga have spiritual themes. One of them has angels in them! I'll read them and meditate or whatever later."

"Okay, I guess that works."

"Papyrus?" Frisk asked skeptically. "Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"I don't know, but it's best not to argue with her," Papyrus said quickly. "Now, getting back to you, do you have a good sense of self-worth?"

"What does self-worth even mean?"

"Hold on. Let me check the glossary."

Papyrus flipped through the book until he reached the glossary at the end and said, "Here, it is. Self-worth is the opinion you have about yourself and the value you place on yourself. So, do you have a good opinion of yourself that results in you valuing yourself highly?"

Frisk thought for a moment, but he finally had to say, "I don't know."

"What?" Papyrus asked. "Do you care to explain why? The book says that's an important thing to ask."

Frisk rolled over so that he was looking at Papyrus and said, "The ancient scriptures say that every creature is valuable because they are created by the Holy One, especially the humans and the monsters who were made in His image. I know that, but I don't feel that valuable. I still feel like a screw-up who shouldn't be around anyone besides you guys."

"But I thought you didn't want to die anymore."

"I don't. I mean, He forgave me and told me to live and show mercy and stuff, but I don't know what to do yet. The only thing I really want to do is get my backpack back."

"What do you mean?"

"He left his backpack on top of the mountain before he fell," Undyne yelled down from Papyrus' room. "His Dad's mp3 player is in it, and he really wants to get it back."

"Oh, thanks," Papyrus yelled back to her. "That doesn't sound too hard. Frisk, when you're better, how about we take you back to where you fell to get your backpack?"

Frisk sat up, looked at Papyrus, and said, "You'd really help me do that? You'd really help me get it back?! Even if it meant fighting Asgore?!"

"Well, Asgore's a real softy," Papyrus said. "I'm sure he'd understand, but even if he doesn't, I'll still go with you as long as we come back…"

"Of course," Frisk said letting his legs hang over the couch. "I don't have anyone on the surface. I'm happier down here than I was up there. That backpack is the only thing I want to get. Then, we can come back."

"Okay then, Frisk," Papyrus said standing up, walking over to Frisk, lifting him up in his arms, and sounding more resolute than ever. "I will help you get your backpack back. That is a promise."

Frisk smiled with tears in his eyes and his HP went up by another point. In response, Papyrus gave him a hug.

"Hey?" Undyne asked from the top of the stairs holding a manga in her hand. "What gives? I told you I would be willing to cross the barrier with you to get your backpack."

"I'm sorry," Frisk said. "I didn't know if you meant it or not."

"Well, I do, punk," Undyne said. "I'm going with you, too. Hell, I'll train you in preparation! How does that sound?"

"Okay," Frisk said before he noticed that Papyrus was not letting him go. "Papyrus, you can put me down now."

"No," Papyrus replied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 3.9K 62
Everyone has a happy ending. If you're not happy it's not the end . . . . •°•°☆°•°• Y/n (that being you) fell i...
5.5K 179 11
DISCONTINUED (for now, at least) • • • You and your younger sister, Frisk, fell into a hole atop Mt. Ebott. You didn't realize the journey you just b...
4.7K 132 16
(Y/n) was a normal person. Around 17 years old. They didn't believe in those stupid fairy-tales. One day, one of her friends decided to dare them to...
25.2K 627 29
You are saved from being physically abused in public by a skeleton walking by. He helps you but your journey isn't over. From having a sex addict boy...