3 Words, 8 Letters

By erica_m

More

3 Words 8 Letters (on hold)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter-ish that my friend made
Finished?

Chapter 8

2.1K 31 8
By erica_m

A/N: I am so sorry it took so long to post. From now on instead of posting after I get so many reads on a chapter, I will just post 1-2 random days a week. Remember that it takes a long time to write a chapter and I still have school so it is hard to update frequently. Well, happy reading! Oh, and I made this chapter extra long just for yooooouuuu;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had avoided Aiden all of yesterday, but I know I can't now because today is the day of the Valentine's Day dance. I know it is kind of silly and we've always been friends so I shouldn't have expected anything but it still hurts and I didn't want to break down in front of him. I stared into my closet really wondering if I should wear the dress I picked out the other day. I looked at the short baige dress with red lace covering it from head to toe, {picture of it in the sidebar} And wondered how I got into buying a dress in the first place. I mean it is pretty, it really is, but the occasion just seems not important now that I know that me and Aiden are just going as friends. It makes feel like I don't need to dress up. However my mom did spend a lot of money on the article of clothing so I guess that I should wear it. I stripped out of my jeans and old Beetles T-shirt, and put on the bloodred weapon of death, okay so maybe it wasn't that evil but it was an emblem of something I didn't want to be reminded of. I walked over to my mirror and observed how it looked on me. I gasped. I didn't realize that I could actually feel beautiful. It fit my figure perfectly and the color really suited my skin tone. If only Aiden saw what I saw. I grabbed a pair of red flats from my closet and went to the bathroom. I was trying to decide what I would do with my hair until I realized I only had 20 minutes until Aiden got here and I still had to do my makeup! I hastily braided it and wrapped it around my head, to make it look like a headband. Once I was satisfied with it (under the circumstances) I grabbed my makeup bag from under the cabinet and got to work. I never actually wore makeup but I thought I should still clean myself up for the event. Yes, maybe it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for but I didn't want to look "under dressed" compared to my other classmates who would be there. I first just took my Smashbox camera ready BB cream and gently spread it over my face. I didn't want to use the normal foundation because I was hoping I would be dancing, so I wanted to put on something light and airy. I then took my stiffling brush and applied the setting power to cover any blemishes. On to the eyes! I took a white eyeliner and put it on the inside of my eyes to make them look more alive and bigger. I then took a primer from Mac and primed my eyelids before applying the eyeshadow. I decided to do a smokey eye with pink tones and use a glittery white color under my brow bone to really define them. I then took a black liquid eyeliner and lined my water line before moving up to my tight line and curving the end upward to make the look more dramatic. I then took my Falsies mascara from Maybelline (maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline) and coated my eyelashes. After that I took a light bubble gum pink blush and applied it around my cheekbones. Finally I coated my lips in Baby Lips then layered it with a vibrant red lipstick that matched the dress. I glanced at my reflection in the mirror and knew I was ready. I slipped on my red flats, just in time. The doorbell rang and just like the chicken I am I yelled to my mom to get it. I peeked over the railing of my stairs to see Aiden fiddling with his thumbs nervously as he waited in the doorway. It wasn't prom or anything like that so he wasn't wearing a tux but he still looked A-MAZ-ING. He was wearing a white v-neck with a black vest and some dark jeans, matched with red converse. Being the awkward person I am I crawled down the stairs on all floors trying to be unnoticeable. But of course I had to go and miss a step, making me scream as I tumbled down the stairs. Aiden soon spotted me and started having the longest laugh attack ever. He doubled over and clutched his stomach as he was soon sprawled across the floor down next to me. Yep, this was normal.

"Thanks," I mumbled sarcastically, as I sat up onto my elbows.

"Wait, let me help you up," Aiden said trying to contain his laughter. He gave me his hand and we helped each other up. And yes, the sparks just had to keep shooting up my arms. Once we were finally standing up Aiden kind if dazed out. I tried waving my hand over his eyes, but what did I get....nothing.

"Hello? Aiden? Are you in there?" I teased, "Hellooooo?"

Aiden's P.O.V.

Wow. Did Charlotte look beautiful.

Charlotte's P.O.V.

"AIDEN!" I screamed.

"Yes?" Aiden asked completely oblivious to what I just said.

"We should probably get going, we're going to be late," I said.

"Fashionably late," Aiden said flashing me that beautiful smile of his.

"Mhhmm, because that's exactly what one hour is," I teased.

"Well, what if we made it two. Would that make it a little better?" He asked.

"What?" I didn't even try to mask my confusion.

"Would you like to go grab some dinner before the dance? Don't worry, you could dance off the calories."

"Sure," I replied. I wouldn't mind some Chic-fil-a. In fact now that I was thinking about it I really was craving some waffle fries.

"Then let's get going," he said dragging me out to his truck, "Hey look, your dress kind of matches the paint on my truck." He commented. I laughed awkwardly. Was that a compliment? He leaned in closer so that he was centimeters away, "By the way you look beautiful," he whispered in my ear as his hot breath tickled my skin. I couldn't help giggling as he took the time to pull me up into the passenger side of the truck.

"What did I say?" He said sliding into the driver's seat.

"That tickled," I giggled.

"What tickled?" For some reason that made me blush. I had totally forgot what he said to me before I had to act all childish.

"Your breath," I stuttered. Gosh, that sounded stupid.

"But you liked it," he teased pulling out of the driveway. I swear, that boy did not know what he was putting me through.

"Pfft," I replied. That lie was so transparent it wouldn't fool a dog. Actually, dogs are pretty smart, but you know what I mean. Aiden just grinned as he kept his eyes on the road.

--------

Soon we had arrived at Chick-fil-a. I hopped out of the car and was oblivious to the fact that I was waking into a very fancy restraunt.

"Wait.....this isn't the home of the chicken sandwich," I muttered to myself, now kind of nervous. What are we going here? Aiden walked in behind me and casually threw his arm around my waist. We walked to the front desk and waited to be welcomed.

"Hello," one of the workers said kindly, "you are....?"

"Aiden Efferns," he replied kindly.

"Efferns," the lady chided to herself as she peered over a list of names.

"Oh, here you are. You will be seated shortly," she smiled as we went to stand against one of the walls. As soon as she was out of ear shot I scolded Aiden. Well...I tried to, but my tone was more shocked then intimidating.

"Why are we here?"

"What were you expecting?" Aiden asked as if it was obvious. I thought it was a rhetorical question, but apparently he was waiting for an answer.

"Chick-fil-a," I mumbled looking down at my flats. Aiden burst out laughing but suddenly stifled his laughter after receiving a couple of glares from the people waiting and the workers.

"Ahh, typical Charlotte," he smiled, looking at me in, was that.... admiration? No, of course it wasn't.

"Well, what else would you expect from me?"

"Nothing less."

"Efferns," the lady who welcomed us said. We followed her to a table that was topped with a velvet, silk table cloth. That made my mouth water. Not the tablecloth, but the velvet part. I absolutely love red velvet cupcakes. Dang it, now I was craving sugar. And I definitely didn't need any more if that. Oh looky there, I totally started blabbing on about absolute nothingness again.

"Charlotte?" I heard Aiden call form a distance. I snapped out of my trance and looked into his perfect face.

"We both dazed off in the same hour," I observed.

"Yep." There was an awkward moment of silence before we said simultaneously, "Soooo," he chuckled while I just sat there not knowing what to do.

"Well, happy Valentine's day," he said pulling out something from behind him.

"What's that?" I asked, hoping its not what I thought it was.

"How about you take a look for yourself," he grinned. I unwillingly took the card and box of chocolates. I blushed. He was such an amazing, caring, considerate person, and what was I? Terrible. I hadn't gotten him one single thing. It just totally slipped my mind.

"Well, are you going to read it?" He asked, his smile faltering a little.

"Yeah, yeah, of course," I replied looking at the card. The front of it was a picture of Albert Einstein and the words, "I may not be as smart as this guy, but...." I opened the flap to see, "you're copper and tellurium" with the two symbols from the periodic table together spelling out the word CuTe. Dude, things just real. {I came up with this card, but it was inspired by a post on instagram so I'll put a picture of the inspiration in the sidebar}

"Awwwe," I couldn't help moaning. That was so romantic and just plain awesome. Then I remembered my stupidity was still hanging around in the air, "Ummm, I'm really sorry, I didn't get you anything. It was just I was busy with homework and stuff and catching up on Pretty Little Liars....even though I don't even watch that show." I just kept babbling on and on before Aiden leaned in closer. That made me shut up.

"It's okay," he said gently brushing his fingers against my cheek making the butterflies in my stomach, once against turn into gorillas. He rested his fingers under my chin and lifted my head up to make me stare into those mesmerizingly liquidy, warm, amazing, beautiful, captivating ocean-lined blue eyes of his. "You agreed to coming here with me and going to to the dance and that all that matters."

I gulped, Aiden was secretly torturing me. I wish I could just yell at him and tell him to stop messing with my emotions, but honestly I didn't want this moment to end.

After a couple of seconds of just staring into each others eyes I weakly replied with an, "Okay," before recoiling back to my seat. We then ordered our dinner and were soon finished. I shifted in my seat nervously but Aiden didn't seem to notice, as he tracked down our waiter and kindly asked her to bring the check. I just sat there looking anywhere but at him. But finally I couldn't take it and cracked an awful joke, and I seriously mean awful.

"Knock, knock," I said.

"Who's there?" Aiden said chuckling to himself.

"Doctor."

"Doctor who?"

"Dr.Who. Get it?" That. Was. Ridiculous. However, it did seem to get us talking again, until we were finally able to pay for our food and get back to his car.

"Hey, Charolette?" Aiden asked.

"Yes?" I said, dragging the word out.

"Would you mind if we didn't go to the dance?"

"Oh. Okay." Was all I said before slumping into my seat. Aiden must have just realized what he said was wrong somehow because he quickly interjected.

"Not that we're not going to do anything tonight I just have something better planned," he smiled mischievously, but still anxious to see what I would say.

I grinned back. "I'm up for that. Where are we going?"

"You'll see," he replied turning the key in the ignition and taking off down the road, "It'll be good, I promise."

Well, what's the worst that could happen?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I was going to include the secret event but I wanted to do somewhat of a cliffhanger. Mwahahaha.

Continue Reading