Dragon & Dreamer | ONC 2023 h...

By jinnis

Liha wants to avenge his family. If he has to become one of the king's men to do this, he will. But in the ca... More

1 - The son of the blacksmith
2 - Gift or burden?
3 - The Golden City
4 - Bruised
5 - More than a sword
6 - The uncrowned king
7 - Noak
8 - Like a son
9 - Messenger
10 - Not a game
11 - Communication
12 - Reunion
13 - Follow the dragon
14 - Help
15 - The king
16 - The dragon and the dreamer
17 - A dragon's epilogue

Author's note

137 23 11
By jinnis

Dear reader,

It's this time of the year again, when writers push their work aside and try to make room in their busy schedule for ONC, the Open Novella Contest. I'm not different. Why? Well, it is the one contest on Wattpad that truly helps writers connect, exchange ideas, and push each other to new heights of creativity.

The prompt I picked this year brings me back to my roots of writing and the fantasy genre:

#49 "Master the rules of the game until you can play it better than they can." Michael Scott, "The Sorceress."

Now, I won't tell you the long story about me and the number 49. I also won't give you a summary of the extensive fantasy trilogy I based this story on. For it is a true standalone, set several years before the trilogy begins. And while we follow two characters who make an appearance 25 or 30 years later in the last part of the trilogy, we never got to know much about their background.

The prompt above reminded me of Liha, though. And perhaps he has met his Dánirah long before destiny brought them together again?

Here is the story of the lovers who were not meant to be.

Of the Dragon and the Dreamer.

Enjoy!

PS: many thanks to those who encouraged me and believe in me. You know who you are — without you, this story never would have seen the light of dawn over the land of Kelèn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 1.9K 56
Katerin was content with her quiet life of studying the arcane, and wanted for nothing in her life. She had friends, family, and plenty to do. But li...
2.4K 125 45
[Fantasy novel, completed ✓] In a world filled with magic, dragons, witches, demons, deadly creatures and other magical beings, the life of the king'...
23 0 21
Dee is a 54 year old woman who has to take care of her mother who is loosing her memory. Her mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and she is...
21.1K 795 27
TEASER: "No fiancée of mine needs to learn how to fight." His breath flows upon the prickling skin of my neck. I close my eyes, involuntarily shu...