Colouring Outside The Lines

By Penelope_Shuettez

Not all first loves are meant to be and not all "meant-to-be" couples end up together. Lucas and Quinn learnt... More

Introduction
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 5

7 4 1
By Penelope_Shuettez

                         DEMETRI

      Christmas holidays with my family were a tradition I could take to death with me. There was always something do to or laugh about and this year, we spent it at the family Lake house. Of course, leave it to Lorr to cause trouble. Sometimes I wondered if he was older than me. We were joined by our other cousin Josiah joined us too.

      The season was still going on, University is about to restart and I had to keep my grades up.
      My parents were okay with me signing for professional basketball on the grounds that I go to university, get a Bachelor Of Arts in Philosophy so that I can pursue law later on.

With the break almost over, I had to focus on keeping fit for our next game so that I could prioritize catching up with my studies when classes started. I headed out to a gym Josiah told me about. It was really lowkey and could help me focus better cause of the extra privacy.
        Lorr and I made a bet earlier but the wanker cheated and I to move around in an ugly red striped T-shirt on top of my sweatshirt for the rest of the day, including to the gym.

     I spent the whole morning at the gym and it was honestly more of a stress relieving process. At about a quarter past eleven, I decided it was time to wrap up and leave because I was going out with Layla and Royanne later that afternoon. I picked up my bag to leave and that's when I saw her, she was slowly down on the treadmill, casually dressed in grey sweatpants and a white body shirt with her black hair tied back.
       Last I remember, she was a very dark strawberry blonde.

         "You know every time I see you, it's like I'm meeting a different person," I said while approaching her.

        She whipped her head in my direction, "Hello to you too Wiggens."

She must have read the confusion on my face because she spoke up again, "As in Ted Wiggens,"

       I didn't get it at first, then I realized that I was wearing an outfit similar to the character Ted from The Lorax movie.

       "Didn't expect you to know such," I teased her.

      "Of course I do, I was a kid once too," she replied and picked up her bag.
     Ouch! I get it, you're older.

       "Yet you still look like one," I said without thinking,
        "no wait, I was kidding. Brunch? As a peace offering."

          She looked at me, smiled, shook her head and walked out.
      Dude, where is your rizz?

     I was about to head out too when she rushed back in.

     "What's wrong?" I asked her.

      "Paparazzi.. How??" she asked then narrowed her eyes at me, "You!!"

     I was about to defend myself when I remembered a girl taking a picture of me in the parking lot.

      "Apologies, I can get us out. This way," I directed her towards a hallway the owner had showed me this morning and surprisingly, she followed.

        The exit led to a small Cafe on the next block.

      "So, we'll have to wait till it's clear, I'll have someone do a sweep. So turns out Audrey is having breakfast with me after all," I said and smirked at her.

                           QUINN

       I really wish I could wipe that irritatingly charming smirk off his face and stab that dimple of his.
      And the paparazzi!!

     "Fine, let's take a seat Ted," I said to him, dryly.

     "It's Demetri by the way," he said as we sat down.

     "And it's Quinn, not Audrey," I corrected him.

      "Noted Dee," he said and winked. I rolled my eyes and looked at the menu, the waiter came and took our orders. We sat in silence for a while.

       "Out of curiosity, is it Divina or Quinn?" he asked after out food arrived.

"Quinn Divina Montanari. Out of curiosity, why did you approach me again knowing I slept with you despite having a boyfriend," I asked while taking a sip of my drink.

He looked like he was trying to come up with an answer but picked up his glass instead, "touche."

     "I wanted a change, Besides, I've always wanted darker hair," I answered with a grin on my face and took a bite of my waffles.

    He arched his eyebrow.

      "You know, I really thought you were 19," he chuckled.

      "Trust me, I thought you were one of those older guys who just look younger," I responded and he smiled at me.
      The same kind smile he gave me that night. His Cobalt blue eyes, despite looking cold, still mananged to be warm.

       "And your boyfriend?" he asked after sometime.

        "I.. Uh.. Hmm. We broke up," I stuttered, "guess it was bound to happen, just needed me to intoxicatingly screw up."
      I suddenly became nervous.

     "Well, I think I'll go now, thanks for brunch," I said while getting up.

     He looked at his phone then at me and said with a smile, "Stay safe Dee."

     "You too Wiggens," I said and walked out.

                          LUCAS

     Many were the times when I wanted to hit a Jazz club on a weekday but I was too buried in my work to actually do it, but after this not so jolly Christmas weekend I needed it. My friend told me to enjoy myself since I was a bachelor now. Ladies sure didn't waste time when I got to the club.

      "You're really interesting, we should hang out more," The woman I had been talking to for the night said while leaning forward, displaying her boobs. She seemed quite willing. 

      "We should, you free tonight?" I asked her.

        "Definitely," she replied, "I'll be right back."

       "Sure thing...- " I ended there, not wanting to say the wrong name. She wasn't the first girl I flirted with tonight.

       "Another drink," I told the bar tender.

      "To prepare for girl number five?" she asked and I looked up at her.
     The girl from the park and photoshoot looked back at me. Her cool grey eyes assessing me.

      "Aren't you a bit you too young to be behind the bar?" I asked her.

      "And aren't you a bit too taken to be whoring around?" she asked back.

    "Correction, I'm a bit too bachelor, so isn't that the whole essence of it baby girl," I replied and took the drink she poured for me.

      "FYI, I'm not that young," she said.

      "Wow, I'm sorry, in must have left my reality specs at home. Yet, you don't even look legal enough to drink," I snorted. This was met with her silence.
         So she really isn't legal to drink. Interesting.

      "Okay, for peace sake, how about a fresh start?" she said and flashed me that adorable dimpled smile, "I'm Royanne King."

       "Lucas Kim-Rea," I replied.

      "See, friendship," she said.

       I quickly took a look at a message that popped up on my phone, my que to leave.

       "I look forward to that baby girl," I said, paid the bill and left.

               THIRD PERSON POV

      Lucas and Quinn's PRs were working to find answers and they meant business. They kept Lucas home and had to drag Quinn to Lucas's house straight from the work.

      "Why am I here?" they heard Quinn rant from the entrance.

      "I'll go handle this," her PR, Angelo, said.

    "Quit complaining honey, it's not good for you, let's go," he said to her.

     "You can't just hijack my car," she argued as Angelo ushered her in and settled her on the seat next to Lucas in his living room.

      "Let's get this straight, what's this about you two breaking up?" Angelo asked.

     "Exactly that," Lucas answered.

    "You two have lost it!" Terry, Lucas's PR said.

    "We were actually thinking when we made the decision," Quinn replied.

    "No you weren't, you both know the impact of this, the world, your images, your companies, gosh!" Angelo said while putting a hand to his head.

     "Our relationship is ours not the world's," Lucas said.

      "But did you realize that both your companies have crucial projects right now, crucial partners and competitors who don't need to know this," Terry said.
      "The impact of your breakup news will be a storm, it's not going to do any good right now."

      "So we have to keep acting happy?" Quinn asked in disbelief.

       "Just don't make any official statements, don't show problems, you don't necessarily have to act like a real couple off camera," Angelo said, "Just until you're out of the Red Zone."

"Look at this from this angle, you guys are a whole power duo, you assert stability and dominance all while showing the human, loving side of things. Everyone relies on that," Terry added, " so lets just melt the ice slowly instead of directly breaking it. You are both reasonable individuals so I trust you to reason."

The room was filled with a deafening silence. Quinn and Lucas looked at each other like they were having a mini conversation in their heads. after some time, Lucas looked at the men.

    "Fine, but you have get in your heads that she and I have broken up so don't act funny," Lucas concluded then Takumi ran into the room and hugged Quinn.

      "You're leaving me too, Divina you promised that you love me, you don't abandon those you love," he said while holding her.

      "Amore mio, listen.. Look at me," she cupped his face, "I'm not leaving you okay."

     "But uncle said-" he started but she interrupted him.

    "Can you please excuse us," She said and the other three left the room.

    She cuddled him closer.

     "Listen bambino, your uncle and I might not be as close anymore, but you.. You still have my heart okay, we'll still hang out," she said while blinking back the tears forming in her eyes.
     "Aishitemasu, and I'm sure whoever your uncle finds will love you too okay."

       He nodded his head and hugged her again. After some silence he suddenly said, "I want... I wanted you to be my mummy."

       Quinn was utterly at a loss of words. She never thought she'd be a children person but this little boy sent that love for children to a whole level. She badly wanted to say yes but it was more complicated.

      "It's not that easy honey, but I love you just as much," She said, "but sooner or later you have to talk to your uncle."

     "I want him to be my daddy," Takumi said.

    "I'm sure he'd love that too," she kissed his forehead, "now cheer up okay, I'll talk to your uncle so that you and I will still hang out."

      "I hope he allows," he said.

       "Me too Bambino," Quinn whispered.

      Lucas on the other hand walked further away when he heard Takumi say he wanted Quinn as his mom. He knew he couldn't give Takumi that. Quinn loved Takumi like a son too, that he knew.
     Only, they could never be a complete family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

392K 12.8K 55
"Sooner or later you're going to fall for me." "You forgot the 'never' option." I smiled fakely. He chuckled. "That isnt an option." "You sure?" I as...
11.8K 248 39
**In the process of being edited** Melanie Newman believed in happily ever afters. That was untill her parents forced her to break up with the person...
1.1M 43.8K 50
Sometimes, the one you have in your heart is not the one you have in your arms. --- "I love this book, it's perfect. I finished it in one sitting, I...
9.5K 2.1K 40
"Because it was easier that way. Pretending. But as they say, you can't pretend forever." . . . . . . . Jai Khurrana had it all - money, fame, aweso...