When The Road Gets Hard (The...

By LiliTheUwU

Luz and Amity are married, with a baby on the way. Together, they go through the pregnancy with a few challen... More

♡Prologue♡
♡1♡
♡2♡
♡3♡
♡4♡
♡5♡
♡6♡
♡7♡
♡9♡
♡10♡
♡11♡
❥♡12♡❥
❥♡13♡❥
❥♡14♡❥
♡15♡
♡16♡
♡17♡
♡18♡
♡19♡
♡20♡
♡21♡
♡22♡
♡23♡
♡24♡
♡25♡
♡26♡
♡Bonus♡
Which Fic should I work on next?
"Back To You" Sneak Peek
Update on my new story!!!

♡8♡

351 10 4
By LiliTheUwU

~Pregnancy Countdown: 17 Weeks (4 ¼ months)~

Unfortunately for Amity Noceda, her wife had to go into work to cover a certain lazy coworker. So, grocery shopping was left up to her. But, some fortune had smiled down on her, because her lovely wife had left her a list. So, to the market she went.

As Amity tries to shop, she struggles to find a few things on Luz's list.

'I wonder if they're human things...' she thinks to herself.

Her thoughts are interrupted when she feels a hand tap her on the shoulder. Turning around, Amity is surprised to find a cheerful-looking witch in a healing track uniform.

A witch she'd never met before this, though they weren't wearing a hexside uniform. So she guessed they weren't from Bonesborough.

"Um... hi?" she says in a questioning tone. The young witch waves at her. "Hi! Um, you don't know me. My name is Aurora." they introduce themselves to Amity, their emerald eyes sparkling. "I'm in the healing track at St. Epiderm. We're learning about pregnancy right now, and I was hoping I could ask you a few questions for homework."

The Abomination witch was too stunned to speak. As she stammers, trying to get an answer out, another witch approaches her. This one was a bit older, probably a fresh graduate.

"Oh! My girlfriend has been trying to talk me into having a baby with her. Is it painful?" He asks.

The two begin asking her more and more questions. Amity backs up a bit, trying to give herself space. However, the two witches kept coming closer, asking more and more questions. Soon, the mother-to-be is backed into a wall.

This is how it ends for Amity Noceda. With two teenagers pestering her for answers, and her slowly descending into madness. Amity shuts her eyes, awaiting her fate.

Game over

...

Hoot, Hoot.

Her eyes open. Off to the side, she spots the brown owl palisman belonging to her wife's mentor.

"Alright you brats, that's enough!" A familiar voice, belonging to the most powerful witch on the Boiling Isles, says from a few feet away. "You two can stop harassing her now." The two teens look behind them at the Owl Lady with questioning faces.

"What? We're just asking questions. That's not harassment." The young boy says defensively. Raine appears at Amity's side, shocking her.

"So backing her into a corner and continuously talking at her to the point of visible discomfort isn't harassment?" Eda says with crossed arms.

"A pregnant woman can't even buy groceries in peace these days? Woooow!" Raine says with a disapproving glare. The teenagers back down, both grumbling about how rude the three were being.

Once they walk away, Amity chuckles to herself. "Wow. Um, thanks guys." She says. "Sorry, I just wasn't expecting that."

Raine shakes their head. "You shouldn't have to expect that." They tell her. "The fact that they thought they could just come up to you like that is completely ridiculous."

Amity nods. "Yeah." she says. "By the way, your Disappointed Look was a nice touch." Raine claps excitedly. "Thanks, I've been practicing."

Eda chuckles a bit. "Anyway, what're you doing out here by yourself Boots?" she asks Amity. Amity pulls out her list. "I was trying to do some grocery shopping while Luz was at work. Only problem is... I can't find anything on the list." She admits sheepishly. Eda takes the list and looks over it. "What the heck is 'tab-ass-co'?"

"I don't think it's pronounced like that, Love." Raine says, looking over her shoulder. "I don't think I care." Eda replies, to which Raine rolls their eyes. Amity giggles at the scene, when she feels yet another tap on her shoulder. However, the person waiting for her was enough to bring a smile to her face.

"Luz? What are you doing here?"

Luz shrugs. "Meh. I just thought you could use some help finding... a hot wife, maybe." she jokes with a playful smirk, wrapping her arm around Amity's waist. Amity giggles. "Sorry ma'am," she starts, wrapping her arms around the Human's neck, "I already have one at home..."

"Ugh, can you two be cute somewhere else?" Eda groans. Luz chuckles. "Hey, I can't help being in love with such an amazing woman."

Amity blushes. "Seriously, hun. What are you doing here?" she asks. Luz sighs softly. "We got a call about some teens causing trouble in the market. Since it's a civil problem, they only needed one of us," she points to herself, "to come and investigate."

"Well we already handled it." Eda says. "Just a couple of crusty gremlins being annoying."

"Well, I still need to go find the person who made the report, make sure it's the same kids." Luz says, planting a small kiss on Amity's forehead. "I'll see you later Babe." She turns to leave.

"Wait Luz." Amity stops her. "Before you go, could you help me with this list? I've been trying but I don't even know what half of this is." she says. Luz takes the list and looks over it, before laughing.

"Oh shoot. I'm sorry Love, I must've given you the wrong list." Luz says, shoving the paper in her pocket. "This was supposed to be for our next day off. Surprise." She smiles sheepishly. "Once I finish up work here, I'll text you a new list. Love you lots."

"Love you too." Amity says, blushing faintly. "Oh! Can I invite Eda and Raine for dinner tonight?"

"You know we're right here, right?"

"Absolutely! I'm always down to hang out with those two." Luz says, ignoring Eda and Raine. "Now Babe, I reaaaallllly need to get back to doing my job before I forget."

Amity sighs. "Fine, go do your thing. I'll see you tonight." she says, letting go of Luz. Luz starts to walk away, blowing Amity a kiss as she does.

Raine squeals. "You two are so cute! I can't take it!" they say, smiling brightly.

Eda rolls her eyes. "Ignore them, they're a hopeless romantic."

"You were literally crying last night because of the movie we were watching." Raine says. Eda blushes. "I was crying because of the lack of arson." "Yeah, totally not because of the chilling love story." Raine teases. "Have you seen it, Amity? It's a sweet love story about two people who were best friends as kids, but then one had to move away and they lost contact. Then, they met in adulthood through mutual friends and fell in love again even though one was engaged."

"OH wait!" Amity stops them. "I've been waiting to watch it with Luz!" She says quickly. Raine nods in understanding. "It really is her type of movie." They say. "That's what Emira was saying too. Luz wants to watch it with Willow too, so we're waiting for our next Girl's day."

"Enough! What are you here for, Baby Blight? You came here for groceries right?" Eda asks, changing the subject. "Yeah, I did. But Luz hasn't sent me the list yet. What did you two come for?"

"King ate all the cookies." Raine says. Eda crosses her arms and pouts. "She's a little grumpy about it." They explain. Amity nods. "Alright. Let's get you some cookies then."

Together, the three make their way to the stand with the cookies. As they walk, Amity notices a few people staring at her, and subconsciously crosses her arms over her chest.

She knew exactly why they were staring at her too: Her baby bump had started to show. And while the difference was indeed noticeable, she hoped that passerbys wouldn't notice. But, like those two teenagers, witches can't help staring.

"You okay?" Raine asks, nudging Amity. "You zoned out for a bit there."

Amity looks up at them, nodding. "Yeah I'm fine. But I think I'll wear one of Luz's hoodies next time I leave the house." she chuckles nervously.

Raine nods. "You noticed it too?" They ask. Amity nods. "It wasn't as bad before. But when those kids came up to me like that..." She starts, not really sure where she was going. Raine nods. "Understandable. You don't really notice the eyes on you until they're right in your face."

Amity nods. "And now, I just want them to stop..."

"5 snails for a bag of cookies?! WHat a rip-off!" Eda yells, catching Raine and Amity's attention. They both watch as Eda gets into an argument with the merchant selling the cookies.

"That's the price, Lady. Take it or leave it."

Eda was ready to start yelling again. Amity, in an effort to keep from causing a scene and attracting more attention, hands them the required payment. The merchant hands Eda the cookies and Raine drags her away, Amity following close behind.

"Hey, what was all that about?" Eda asks, eating a cookie. Raine sighs. "You were about to cause a scene."

"Aaaaand...?"

"And we were just talking about how Amity's not really feeling the attention she's getting right now." Raine whispers to Eda. After a moment, Eda nods in understanding. "Oh..."

Amity looks away in shame. Eda looks at the bag of cookies in her hand. "You want a cookie?"

Amity nods, taking a cookie from the bag and eating it slowly. The whispers began as soon as the cookie graced her taste buds

"Should she really be eating those?"

"That can't be healthy..."

DING!

Amity pulls her scroll out of her pocket, checking the message she received from her wife.

"Oh, Luz just sent me the new list. Did you guys want to come over tonight?" Amity asks the two older witches. Eda shrugs. "Sure. Beats cooking."

Raine chuckles. "If you two don't mind having us."

Amity nods. "And King and," she hesitates a bit, "Hooty are welcome as well."

Eda and Raine stifle their laughter, while Amity looks over the list. "I have no idea what she's trying to make with this..." She says. Raine looks at the list. "Maybe it's a super secret recipe."

Amity chuckles. "Luz can't keep secrets from me."

Eda rolls her eyes. "Let's just go find it."

And with that, the three of them head off deeper into the market.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 14.3K 171
❗Hey! Quick warning! If you're not comfortable with some gorey scenes, please pick another one of my stories! Just some abuse, but don't be alarmed...
159K 4.7K 71
book 1 Luz Noceda gets into fights constantly in her home town. so her mother, Camila, sends her to live with a old friend of hers named Eda until he...
7.8K 325 19
Striking a deal with the devil probably wasn't smart... When Hexside High School's newest transfer student, Luz Noceda, runs into trouble on her firs...
47.4K 1.5K 37
Amity Blight had a strict childhood to say the least. Her family was prestigious and had a very strict way on how to act. Amity never got the freedom...