"My Arrogant Boss". | Kim Tae...

By btssurmise7

"The night of my dream was the beginning of my reality." How can I survive at my workplace when my Boss disli... More

Introduction & Disclaimer
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
EPILOGUE

Chapter 22.

20.3K 856 497
By btssurmise7

[Taehyung's point of view]

My eyes were glued at a random building on the other side from the glass wall of this hotel room.

That would be a lie if I say that my brain was devoid of any thoughts which were being suppressed by me right now.

My phone still had no network but it anyway didn't matter. My vision switched to my reflection over the glass. My hair was a mess and a little damp after the wash. The grey hoodie was a decent option as this city was a slightly cooler, not forgetting that it was the winter and the year had almost ended.

I sighed and walked back to the bed. I tried to face time mom, maybe by luck if I could able to reach her.

After the fifth try she finally appeared on the screen.

"My baby! How have you been?! I tried to reach you but..... anyway. Y/n informed, last night, that your company and Collins are finally dealing up..... that needs a celebration. When are you coming back?", She asked.

"Tomorrow.....", I mumbled showing not as half enthusiasm as she just showed.

"Oh my baby you look tired", she spoke in worry.
"I'm fine, it's just the cold.....is everyone good at home?", I questioned.
"Surely..... tomorrow is the new year eve, have you planned something or should I go with what I've planned?", She asked to which I nodded.

"Go ahead with whatever is in your mind......", I replied.

"Catherine is with you, isn't it?"
"She is....."
"Do you see her as a potential partner?"

I snorted. It was too straight forward.

"Oh look Y/n is here too~", my heart raced when mom called her out to join the face time.
"I'm getting late to see Jade....have to take her for checkups.....", She reasoned from off screen.

"Oh come on you two.....", Mom pulled her by arm and now she was in the frame, looking awkward.

"Well.....I should have some rest, feeling a bit lazy~", I tried to escape.
"Wait— let me finish the talk. So Catherine, the girl is pretty and looks humble. I think she likes you too, why don't you ask her out?", I was trying my best to not look at Y/n but her constant gaze at me was making it impossible. Our eyes met but I immediately looked away at mom.

"My phone's battery is down, by—", before I could hang up the network went off and the call was disconnected.

I kept my phone away and lied flat down.

Something in me felt at ease after I saw her. She looked completely fine but when even did the distances bother her? Never.

There was a visitor at my door who turned out to be Catherine.

"Come in.....", I invited her before shutting back the door.
"This city is a lot colder how are you managing just with the hoodie?!", She exclaimed rubbing her hands together.

She was wearing a thick woolen teal sweater.

"Use the blanket.....", I spoke and she immediately slide her frame into the blanket on my bed as if she was waiting for me to say it. I chuckled.

"I thought we can go out but looks impossible, I don't even want to step out of this comforter!", She explained. I chuckled watching her concealed frame shrinking.

"Should we watch some movie?", She asked with her raised brows.
"If you want to.....", I shrugged.

She rummaged through her cellphone in order to select a good watch.

"Get in it's cold!", She spoke noticing me sliding my hands to my pocket.

I nodded and reached to the room's closet to look for a spared blanket, luckily it had one.

"It's a horror, will that be fine?", She asked before playing after I agreed.

Two hours went by and the movie ended.

"I'm disappointed", Catherine complained like a little child because horror movie didn't haunt her as per her anticipation.

I laughed at her whine.

"Another one?", She asked and I agreed again. We had nothing to do anyway.

The movie played and this time it was so flat that Catherine slept mid way. I shut the screen and stepped out of the bed to invade the couch, accompanied by my blanket and my cellphone.

I plugged in the airpods and made myself comfortable on this uncomfortable couch. The instance, out of blue, reminded me of my business trip with Y/n. That one trip where our things started, but I shook the thought off because all it brought back was painful memories.

{After four hours}

I was woken up by Catherine.

"Come on I've ordered the food in the room itself, you must be hungry, evening is approaching.....", She spoke softly.

My eyelids hurt.

She served the hot food when I joined her on the table for washing up. The set up, again, reminded me of the time when Y/n and I used to have breakfast in our shared room.

"When did you wake up?", I asked scanning the meal and to release the thoughts.
"Just about twenty minutes ago.....we didn't have our noon meal but I also was reluctant to wake you up because you looked too adorable—", she giggled, nonetheless, I kept a straight face.
"—so I thought of getting it here......", She added but I started eating without exchanging a word.

"Tae.....", My eyes went on her when she used my nick name which apparently felt peculiar when she said it.
"I'm supposed to say it since a while......I know you must have a hint already because my actions weren't hiding anything.....still.....I wanted to make sure that I express it verbally.....", Her voice was nervous.

I didn't want her to go embarrass so I decided to speak over her.

"Catherine.....I would like to be honest with you without sugar coating any bit, just because we are business partners I'm not obligated to accept anything which could be one sided and my heart does not go with. Also not want to make you feel awkward as well as our future interactions, currently there's a lot going on in my personal life and I'm not willing to get into alliances which I have never seen in any other perspectives but just of business's......", I felt nothing for her and it wasn't because of Y/n, we were done and dusted.

Catherine nodded and continued eating. We didn't exchange a word after that but I think that was right at that moment.

She started to leave after we finished our food.

"A comedy film? Because those won't be as boring as your horrors.....", I didn't want to make things gawky for the future knowing well that we were partners in business.

She chuckled and passed a nod.

Phew!

[Y/n's Point of View]

Kyle took me with him to pick up Catherine and Taehyung from the airport, it wasn't like I didn't want to go, I was dying to see him. Getting to see him yesterday, when he was talking to his mom, my heart was cart wheeling. It was surreal that things went so hard between us and the credit goes to no one but me.

I was reluctant to go but Kyle tricked me into this. This freak left no chance to piss me off.

"You literally didn't have to act and just tell your ulterior motive that you want to bloody reconcile Taehyung and I.......", I crossed my arms.
"Reconcile?", he chuckled bitterly.

"Bold of you to assume that I even care to reconcile the stupid you with your ex, the man deserves way better than a lady who pushed him into a nonsensical dilemma and broke up......", He scoffed.

I couldn't believe I heard that right, he was being mean. Although I was certainly stupid as well, no doubt.

My eyes went blurry and I turned to look outside the window.

"You gotta be carrying my sister's luggage", he added but I stayed shut or I would have sobbed out.

He was so rude with those awful words but I couldn't complain.

He hault the car at the parking area and we waited at the airport's exit.

My fingers were collected into a fist because I was still trying to hold myself from crying but a few huge drops escaped which weren't unnoticed by Kyle. He was talking to me, although I wasn't paying any attention.

He released a deep sigh before pulling me into a friendly hug. His actions broke my will to hold any further and I sobbed in his sweatshirt.

"You are so awful, I hate you.....", I complained with my unstable and muffled tone.
"Tell me something new.....", He replied in amusement which made me more annoyed.

"Now look for the ways you can apologise to him, my job is just to make you feel sad and raged, don't expect anything better, we are nemesis......", He announced making me chuckle in between my weeps.

"Woahh.....", a voice caused me to step back immediately. Taehyung and Catherine were here. The man looked as if he just woke up but he also looked a little taken aback maybe because of my presence.

Catherine went to hug Kyle.

"Why are you here?", She looked at me in contempt.
"Needed someone to carry your luggage", Kyle stuck to his point and walked away with Catherine who was in his warm embrace.

I looked towards Taehyung but he walked behind them rolling his luggage and eventually leaving me by my own self.

My phone rang up. It was mom.

"Baby! Look at your slight left!", She exclaimed. When I did I saw her standing right there.

Her visit was least expected as she called me last night that she couldn't come because she injured herself, she even staged her injury over the video call!

My jaw dropped and I paced towards her to slide into her warmth. I was longing for her embrace. Finally felt like someone who was there for me, someone of my own.

"How did you?!", My suprise was visible in my voice.
"Audra told me to surprise you", she mentioned Taehyung's mom, no wonder his mom could come up with these ideas but I was happy, I badly wanted my mom with me at this new year.

"Y/N!!", A voice called me out. It was Kyle from his car.

I walked to them and introduced them to mom.

"I'll take the taxi with mom.....", I informed and gave them the luggage which I was 'supposed' to carry.

...

"Taehyung has become more handsome, I saw him in-person when he was little.....", She awed at his mature appearance while we saw our way to a restaurant.

"Tell me something......don't lie", I had a clue about what she was going to say.
"You are living with them since a while now..... it's not a short time......do you like Taehyung?", She asked.
"Mom.....can we not talk about this? Please....", I requested.

She probably noticed my annoyance so changed the topic.

"Ain't you eating well?! You look weak!", She suddenly started to freak out.

There's a thing about parents, you can never make them feel satisfied..

"Mom I've gained some eight pounds!", I shook my head.
"No way, you must be using a broken machine to measure. Let me treat you the lunch, looks like your boss is making you overwork!", she exaggerate an exclamation.

"How are you doing there?", I asked making an eye-contact.
"When my child is taking care of my convenience even after staying states apart how can I live in discomfort.....", She squeezed my palm gently.

"I'm sorry that I'm unable to take care of you and you have to stay there all by yourself..... I'll try my best to soon find another job in our city......", I assured her.

"You don't have to my child, you have your whole life ahead seek for those which are going to benefit you in the long run.....", She kept a kiss on my temple.

The taxi dropped us at the destination and we lost the track of the hours to our passe memories and a bunch of interesting instances mom had to tell me.

...

We reached back home when the sun was shining over our heads.

The two old beans went into a long hug when they saw eachother.

My phone buzzed up while I was encountering their sweet reunion.

"Y/n! Where are you?! The boss is so mad because your absence is delaying the meeting!", One of my colleague whispered in panic.
"But I did not receive any info", I frowned.
"Did you check your mail?? Come as sooner as possible", he hung up.

"I gotta go", I took my leave soon after.

The mail said that the meeting was scheduled about some thirty minutes ago from the current time.

It took me another thirty minutes to reach.

I knocked at Taehyung's cabin.

He looked at me when I entered. His gaze wasn't the same, he was my boss and I was his mere secretary.

"Is that your office attire Ms. Y/n?", His cold glance was uncomfortable and unpleasant to me. I didn't want it this way.

"You are not here on vacations, do you?", He questioned in his grave tone.

"I'm sorry.....", My head was hung low.
"Unfortunately, your apology can't give me my time back......this unprofessional behaviour from you is expected, I'm not surprised. You just have an hour, don't come in the office when you are not in your formal fit. Leave now", he threw a dictum.

I left immediately, insulted and shattered by his old behaviour at me.

I left to home and came back five minutes before the given time.

I entered the meeting hall where he was already present.

"Provide me the last six months of collaboration data", he asked. I took up his laptop and frantically searched around.

"Here.....", I stepped back after turning the screen at him.

Five minutes past and the other members started entering in the room one after another. Kyle and Catherine were there as well. Of course this meeting was about them.

"The news must have reached you all already but let me make it official. The Collins and our pvt. Ltd. are finally shaking hands......", He continued while I kept standing a slightly further.

An hour passed and now my legs started giving up. It was been a while.

My face scrunched a bit but I immediately went back to my posture when Taehyung was about to turn at me.

He pressed his lips together and I started wondering if he saw me out of posture.

A while later he rang his table's bell.

"Get a chair for Ms. Y/n", he told to the peon.

So he noticed! I mentally grinned but it vanished right away remembering that he had done that in the past too when we were nothing.

It was going to be a hard time.

The meeting was soon concluded. Everyone left except for Taehyung, Kyle, Catherine and I.

"Your mom has planned for a bone fire......does she like anything in specific which I can present to her?", Kyle asked to Taehyung.

Taehyung turned at me instead of answering to Kyle.

"You can leave.....", He demanded. He didn't have to be rude to me but I rather chose to leave.

I was loosing my temper, I was a part of that house too!

I decided to overwork as I didn't want to attend anything belonged to him.

Unfortunately, when today I wanted to overwork I was assigned with the least number of tasks.

When Taehyung and the Collins stepped out of his cabin we all stood up within our cubicles.

"Happy new year to each one of you, as the legacy goes, enjoy the first day of the year with your loved ones and get back to the posture day after."

Everyone looked happy at Taehyung's words. After formally conveying all of us, the three saw their way to the exit.

I sat back on my chair to continue working.

"I have a little celebration at my place would you like to join?", Ivan asked from the neighbouring cubicle.
"I wished to but I have to go back see Jade......she must be alone", I skillfully rejected.

"Oh yes Jade, how is she doing now?", He asked.
"Not her best but she's recovering",
"Pleased to hear that, convey my regards to her", he spoke and turned back to his business.

...

Slowly the evening approached and I was left with nothing to do.

I called mom.

"Maa I'm heading at Jade's place she must be lonel—",
"She's here with us", mom replied and continued.
"Everyone is here except you, when are you coming?",
"Oh..... I'll be there soon, on my way, there's a lot of traffic and freezing cold", I lied.

I stomped my foot as I hung up and turned my phone to airplane mode.

I collected my things and zipped up my coat before stepping out on the windy road. I chose to walk so I could kill time.

After a mile my legs froze. The sky was deep dark till now with no visible stars in the sky. It was the time to call a taxi as I couldn't walk any further.

I found a bench under the street light so sat over it to call.

There was no ride available nearby which wasn't strange because no one was as unwanted as I was on this new year's eve.

I looked around and as expected there weren't many people on the street either.

I noticed a middle aged man walking further, his constant glance at me was creeping me out. I pretended to engage myself into my cellphone.

I felt him silently sitting beside me at a safe distance. My body stiffened but I stayed calm while simultaneously recalling my moves at the Karate classes I took as a teen.

I always wanted to beat the shit out of somebody with those moves I learnt because mom forced me into it, but never found a worthy contender.

For my own safety I stood up and started to walk away as quicker as I could.

Before I could realise I felt my hand being grabbed from behind. With no other thought my elbow swung to strike the neck of this unknown man but my move was defended with an equal force.

It was Kyle. I took a breath of ease.

"I was shit scared!", I roared.
"Yes your face shows it all", he spoke unsurprisingly.
"Where is your cellphone?",
"Oh that died", I lied and he brought his palm forward.
"What?", I was confused.
"Let me take a look", I frowned at his words.
"Why?", I refused.

"Another lie, let's go", he scoffed. So he caught me!?
"Why did you come?", I wish Taehyung would have but I was living in delusion.
"Everyone was getting anxious because you weren't picking the call, especially your mom.....", Yes, moms do that.

"Everyone?", Taehyung too? I wanted to ask.
"Yes", his short answers were driving me crazy. He opened the front passenger seat's door for me.

We didn't talk any further till we reached.

...

"Why was you phone switched off!?", Mom yelled as soon as I stepped inside.
"My cellphone gave up", I threw the same lie at her.

"Is Taehyung awake?", His mom asked the helper.
"They will be here in a moment", the helper replied and left.

"No matter how much I tell him to give himself a rest but who am I even? No one listens to me in this house......", His mom glared as Taehyung stepped down the stairs.

He wasn't looking his groomed self, his hair was a mess but he still looked adorable.

"I'll go have a quick shower", I told mom.
"Come quickly we are in the backyard", Taehyung's mom replied instead. I passed her a nod and went upstairs without looking at anyone.

I locked the door behind me and undressed within the room itself. I was feeling a little uneasy maybe because of lack of sleep in these few days.

I picked out an oversized white pain tshirt and sweatpants, wasn't a good idea to have them on your body at this season because they weren't going to save you from the cold. But I wanted to feel light weighted, alike a feather.

I stepped in the bathroom and filled my bathtub with warm water then I stepped inside. My body felt a comfortable warmth. My eyes were shut and I could feel the water till my neck. I felt too lazy to open my eyes or to even step out of the tub. Everything was good in here.

I didn't realise when I dozed off but I woke up when I started to drown within and the water reached till my nostrils and I was unable to breath.

My phone was ringing in the bedroom but I let it be. After staying for another fifteen minutes I finally stepped out.

I wasn't bothered to check who was calling because I knew that was my person, definitely would be my mom, worried where I was.

I spent almost an hour there but I wish I could stay more.

After dressing up in an inappropriate winter outfit I walked towards the backyard. Just thirty minutes more for the arrival of the new year and I was still the same old, loner and impulsive.

I could see all of them there.

Mom and aunt Audra were sitting together, then it was Taehyung and the ever lasting person glued to him, Ms. Catherine, and it was Kyle and Jade. Kyle was holding on Jade's side which was a good to watch because I knew Jade would have been on the cloud nine.

My goosebumps appeared because darn! It was so cold out in here, but I didn't let it show.

"Is anything wrong? Why ain't you picking up our calls?! And WHY ARE YOU DRESSING UP IN THIS SHEER T-SHIRT!", Mom started to freak out.

I sat around the bone fire before answering.

"I was in the shower didn't hear it ringing, and was feeling a little suffocated in the thick clothes, I'm okay stop freaking out", I chuckled briefly.

"Is she always like this or just acting up as I'm here now and she can trouble me?!", She complained to Taehyung's mom.

"She's asking for a good chide....." His mom said strictly, I chuckled again, she had always been my guardian so had all the rights alike mom
"Can you guys stop being so cute!", I exclaimed but my both old gals couldn't stop glaring at me.

"Oh I'm perfectly fine! The bone fire is giving me enough warmth!", No it wasn't but I reasoned anyway.

The night continued, everyone was getting nostalgic but Taehyung was the quietest, it wasn't like I was participating either but I wanted him to speak something. Just anything so I would hear his voice.

Knowing that someone is sad because of you is heart wrenching.

[Taehyung's Point of View]

I saw her approaching but my brows squeezed, she was wearing a thin, half sleeved tshirt and a regular sweatpants. No wonder she was going crazy.

If ever she could be responsible. I rolled my eyes and looked back at the bone fire.

Mom and her mom started scolding her as she rightfully deserved all of that. She was clearly lying that the bone fire was making her feel warm because her goosebumps were sharply visible. I turned at mom who was telling about an incident happened to her when she was a teen.

Although I was focused in the talks but the sight of Y/n kept on distracting me. Her fingers formed into a fist, I even caught her shivering a quiet few times.

I removed my jacket and kept it near mom. As I was already wearing a woolen sweater inside, I was good with the cold.

I had no idea how I could get mom into giving this jacket to Y/n. I spotted the kettle of tea near her.

"Mom pass me the tea", I asked her when she looked lost.
"Look at this stupid girl, shivering out there", mom caught her. Just like I wanted.

"What's wrong with you?!", Kyle scolded her. He started removing his own jacket making me tightened my jaw.

"Here take this.....", Mom gladly noticed my jacket which was kept near her and she tossed it to Y/n before Kyle could.

I noticed her gaze moving at me so I turned at the bone fire.

[Your Point of View]

He wasn't looking at me, I was unsure if I should wear his jacket or not, was he even aware his mom gave it to me? But he perhaps couldn't retort because there were many people sitting near.

But I did what was right at the moment, I slide into it because I was freezing. The fragrance was so him. If it wasn't him then at least his jacket provided me a sense of familiarity, the feeling that he was embracing me.

"Five more to go", Catherine spoke while everyone were indulged into their talks.

I remembered how this day would have been the one when we were about to announce our relationship to everyone here but turned out I was about to carry a guilt from this year to the upcoming ones.

Could there be any miracle that would change the things back to what it was before? Or make me loose the sense that him and I were a thing ever before?

At this point things were so awkward that I had no idea how I could approach Taehyung and have a conversation about everything happened but that would mean that I'm selfish, also a really awful person that I gave up on my love in my insanity.

The fireworks around marked the arrival of new year. Everyone greeted eachother with good wishes while I was still in my bubble.

"Mom I'm really tired, going to sleep", I whispered to mom and walked away without waiting for a reply from her.

I locked my door and removed his jacket just to embrace it while lying on my bed. My eyelids drooped and I dozed off.

I woke up with a jerk when I dreamt that someone was banging on my door, it turned out to be an actual knock. It was half past twelve, I took a nap for almost twenty minutes.

My eyes were half opened.

I hummed with a question mark when I saw mom standing there.

"Baby you look so tired, I didn't want to wake you up but you haven't have your dinner, come quick", she held my arm. I was lead by her to the down stairs at the dinner table where everyone was already having their meal.

"Taehyung looks like you are over-loading her with work~", his mom scolded.

He gazed at me but went back to having his food. He didn't care.

I had a small portion and went back to my room to continue my peaceful sleep during the unfriendly scenarios going around me.

...

I woke up with a startle when my phone rang up near my ear.

"Huh?", My thorat experienced pain as I spoke.
"Good morning sweetie, freshen up and get down, we are going on the beach!", It was mom, she spoke and hung up.

I looked at my phone's screen with my half opened eyes.

"No ways!", I groaned and hid myself under the blanket. I wanted to sleep more, sleep till I wake up myself.

I was in slumber when someone banged on my door.

I cried but had to slide off to see who that was.

"Good morning!"
"Jade.....", My voice was still hoarse.

I pulled her wheelchair inside and shut the door.

"Why you had to come upstairs over this?", I wasted on my bed once again.

"Kyle helped me, I wanted to see you......", I stayed quiet but I was unable to sleep further.
"Is everything okay? You were quiet last night, at the bone fire, and didn't even have your meals properly......", She sounded cautious as she spoke.

"Everything's good I was just tired......", I spoke leisurely.
"What about you and boss?", I swallowed but stayed unmoved with her question.

"It didn't work out so we chose to end it......", My voice wasn't the bravest.
"I can't believe", she mumbled.
"Why are you guys acting bitter all over again?", Was that so evident?

"Bitter? You are over analysing.....", I turned and now faced her with a tight smile.
"Maybe.....", She spoke speculating my replies.

"We are going to the beach......get ready soon!", I whined at her.
"I don't want to go! I feel so lazy also beach? When it's freezing cold!?", I griped.
"It's super sunny since the sun has risen, also, you don't have an option, boss's and your mother are the most excited"

I sighed stepping out of the bed finally.

Someone knocked at the door, Kyle was here, supposedly to take back Jade. This Kyle boy was unnecessarily tried to play cold when he was such a nice dude.

...

I took a quick bath and left to downstairs.

Kyle adjusted the passanger's front seat of his car to make space for Jade. I kept on telling myself that he was just doing all this because he blamed himself for Jade's current condition, with the fact that his own step brother was involved in this.

Either I wish them both together or not want Jade to redevelop her feelings for Kyle if the male felt nothing for her.

Taehyung and Catherine were nowhere in the sight.

"Audra and I are leaving with Kyle. Taehyung told me to inform you that you are coming with him and Cath", mom kissed on my cheeks after instructing.

Distances cause people to love you more, in this case I'm not even complaining. Mom wasn't like that when I used to stay with her but now when she didn't get to see me for months she tried to provide me all the love.

They left and all I wondering was, why he wanted me to come with him?

Someone honked. It was Taehyung, they were coming from somewhere.

I walked towards their car and slide onto the back seat. Catherine was sitting beside Taehyung which I particularly did not enjoy watching.

Taehyung passed me his laptop, watching me from the front mirror.
"Here's some data need to be calculated, your deadline is today's evening", he demanded and started driving.

My jaw dropped. And why the fuck was I feeling sick for him?!

"Stop the car~", I tried to calm my nerves down. He didn't give a heed.
"Can you stop the car!", I exclaimed.

"Calm down ma'am and do what you are told......", Catherine glared at me from the front mirror. I noticed Taehyung giving her a swift glance but his focus went back on the path.

I shut my eyes to calm myself but it didn't work. I kept the laptop aside and moved more towards the window to peek outside in order to supress my urge to kill someone. Not literally.

After two hours of journey we reached at the destination.

Catherine moved out because Taehyung had to look for the parking.

"Would you like to have an invitation card?", He looked at me through the front mirror when I didn't go out.
"Sure, if you can arrange", I spoke working on his laptop.

"I don't want to have a conversation with you and ruin the first day of the year so please move out I have to park the car", I hate whatever he was doing.

"I'll work here, once I finish I'll join you all", I did not lift my eyes at him.
"Stay then", he sighed and left the car right there, good thing at least I had the view.

I saw Catherine and him walking further and further but I didn't want anything to distract me.

My back ache but then my phone rang as well.
"Y/n you came here to have fun with us or to work?!", Mom scolded.
"Mom I'm feeling sick, I'll be here please",
"Of course, roaming with barely any clothes on in these cold nights, much expected!", She yelled again.

"Mom don't ruin your fun time because of me, it's just a beach trip. We both will go sometime later!", I tried to convince her but she disconnected.

I resumed working.

Three hours went by with a blink of an eye. I stretched and cracked few bones. I couldn't do that anymore.

I did want to go to them but I also didn't want to watch Taehyung and Catherine together, or any sight of them that would make me insecure so I stayed back and layed down to have a nap.

I guess few minutes later someone knocked at the window. A police officer.
"Is something wrong in here?",
"No officer, everything is perfectly fine", she scanned inside the car.
"You can't keep it stand here, move it to the parking zone", she said in her firm tone.

Without wasting any moment I crawled to the driver's seat and took the car to the open parking because the last thing I wanted today was to get into some trouble.

I was famished that means I had to go to them but no way I was doing that so I decided to buy something from the street shop.

My legs made a sound when I was finally standing on the ground. The road was busy which I had to cross to go to the other side. I made sure the vehicles slowed down before I run but when I executed my plan I was pulled back through my arm.

"Keep a 'careless' card hanging around your neck so everyone would know", Taehyung scolded. He appeared out of the thin air.

I retrieved my hand away from his fixed grip but he pulled me to him once again followed by a beep of a car passed from too close to me.

He clenched his jaw and held my palm to take me, I guess, to where everyone was but I halt at my spot causing him to turn.

This felt like the moment so I begun.

"I'm sorry......I know this isn't enough. All the things I said to you that day was in impulse and the overwhelming emotions of loosing my dear friend were drowning me.....I take the responsibility of my actions but I can't bear the distance.....", I was tearing up till I reached the end of the sentence.

He scanned my expressions before speaking himself.

"We don't deal with any company when there's no space for trust and understanding.....love relationships sits way above that.....I guess we both need a break.... everyone is waiting for you we should join them.....", His hand slide away from mine and he left me there all by myself.

I followed him with my damp lashes. After covering enough distance I could see all of them having their food.

"Quick, we'll take some pictures after it", mom announced. There were two empty spaces so Taehyung and I sat side by side. Kyle was sitting across him.

I could feel something going on between him and Jade which was absolutely positive.

Everyone on the table was cracking jokes and laughing, I did not hear Taehyung participating neither did I raise my head to look at anybody.

I felt broken from inside.

After we finished food Catherine held Taehyung's hand and pulled him towards the shore.

"Is something wrong?", Kyle stood near me when I watched them. I shook my head because I wasn't in the best condition to speak out.
"Look here.....", He demanded but I didn't, instead he stood right in front of me.

Although I didn't want to but my tears anyway slipped out which were filled within. Creases appeared on his forehead.
"Tell me!", He mumbled.
"I'm absolutely fine Kyle, can you please leave me alone?", I requested.

"Come here Y/n and Kyle", Taehyung's mom hired a photographer and called all of us.

I forced a smile for the infinity pictures which were taken then left to sit at a quiet place. Mom did not insisted to join them because I told her lately that I'm feeling sick.

I hugged my knees as I watch them play around, well just Taehyung was my view.

The thought of moving on was hard. Didn't seem as easy the way things escalated in the start which brought us together.

I pulled out my cellphone at the ping sound. The manager sent an email about another deal offered to our company, followed by his call.

"Y/n I'm unable to connect with the Boss but the meeting is scheduled tomorrow sharp at six in the morning", he informed.
"Six in the morning?!", The night owl inside me fainted.

"Please pass the message", he hung up.

...

We returned home in the evening and the news came that Kyle and Cathrine were leaving.

Such a great news that Catherine was going but Kyle, the man wasn't that bad.

"We had such a wonderful time together", Kyle gave a hug to Taehyung's mom.
"I wish you've joined us earlier", he turned to mom.
"Have a safe journey", mom spoke with a warm smile.

Later both the friends left the five of us alone.

Jade was silent, she must be sad.

"Jade we'll drop you at your place", She nodded at Kyle.
"And Ms. Annoying —", he turned at me.
"My name is Y/n, you mispronounced it", he clenched his teeth to suppress his urge to bring up a smug.
"I must admit, the only thing you are good at is pissing me off",
"And too bad you can't do anything about it", I faked an exaggerated smile.

"You guys must be getting late", Taehyung spoke up and took them outside.

"I'll shift at your place until you couldn't manage your daily routine independently", I told Jade and waved her a bye.
"Take care", Kyle told me while gesturing at Taehyung who wasn't looking, I acknowledged it and they left as well.

"The manager called to tell about a new deal.....the company heads are arriving tomorrow morning, the meeting is fixed at six dot", I told him while we walked inside the house.
"Which company?",
"Mr. Bryne's.....", His expressions were priceless. He always wanted to collaborate with them. That person was the biggest in this firm.

"You sure you are not mistaken?", Mr. Bryne was an old soul with old school thoughts and ponders his whole past before dealing with any new company.
"Your manager confirmed.......", I shrugged enjoying this little thrilled and excited soul right in front of me.

But unexpectedly he got me in a hug.
"You know right for how long I was waiting for this opportunity??", I nodded while my spine almost cracked but I let it go un-mentioned because this moment wouldn't be back any time sooner or maybe never.

He broke the hug when the realisation hit him. He cleared his throat and was back to his strict and annoying Boss persona.

"Wake up on time, I don't want anything ruin this opportunity for me and our company......", He spoke and left.

I sighed and followed.

{Next morning}

I woke up with severe headache next morning. I removed Taehyung's jacket which I probably was never returning him.

Painkillers in and I started with my day.

Taehyung was nervous till the whole journey to the office. We reached ten minutes early and he made sure the arrangements were rightly done.

Mr. Bryne's and his team arrived sharp at six. They greeted eachother and the meeting soon started. I was taking notes while they spoke.

"I'm impressed would be an understatement, you are a cunning businessman than I thought you would be", Mr  Bryne laughed his old soul laugh.

"You did not introduce us with the pretty lady", he looked at me.
"Hello Mr. Bryne, refer me as Y/n and I'm the secretary to Mr. Taehyung", I extended my palm with a formal smile on my face.
"Secretary I see.....", He looked at Taehyung with an unreadable smile and eventually ignoring my handshake by sliding his hands in the pockets, that seem intentional.

Good luck Y/n, I warned myself at this unexpected behaviour of this reputed old school.

"Is it easier working with a woman? I have seen some rough days", he chuckled at his sexist humour. When this conversation raised up I realised why his company had major percentage of male working.

"I must reveal that Ms. Y/n is a diligent and dedicated co-worker", although I deserved those words but getting it from Taehyung was an achievement because he was a strict boss all along.
"Diligent and dedicated at the company's work or.....?", He laughed again. My brows squeezed because he was going too far.

If this wasn't about our company's reputation I would have kicked him in his shrunken nuts.

Taehyung looked as suprised with the remark as I was.
"Excuse my humour Mr. Taehyung, not everyone's taste", he laughed off his awful remark.

"We'll meet again soon", he shook hands with Taehyung before leaving the hall. Taehyung accompanied him while I went back to my cubical.

"Lord give me patience", I prayed.

After almost an hour later I was informed that Taehyung was asking me to see him. I picked up the notes, my laptop and walked into his cabin.

I knocked before entering.
"There are few non-negotiable clauses, you must take a look at", I opened the spreadsheet and turned my laptop to him.

He scrolled through and looked attentively. His eyes then rest at me.
"I'm uncertain.....", He did not clear the context so I assumed that he was talking about the data I presented to him.
"I can explain that to you", I started to take my laptop back but he spoke up.
"About this collaboration.....", He looked worried.
"Why so?", This was a life time opportunity for him.

"I hunted a little about his history with other companies......he deprecate women in general and we have roughly equal ratio in our company.....", I wasn't surprised just disappointed. I hope he wasn't having that second thought due to that old male's behaviour.
"Still a deal worthy businessman.....", I said. I noticed his Adam's apple move.

He turned his chair to look through the glass walls. Silence occupied the room.
"If that will make it better then maybe take a male at my place until the outcome of this meeting or if there are more to follow", I suggested.

He turned, his eyes piercing through me.
"You want to escape from the work?", I pressed my lips in a thin line.
"No one is going anywhere", he stood up from his chair and left his cabin.

I mentally face palmed, something was certainly wrong with this man.

_____________________________________

I'm not dead but my will to continue this story is~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 2.8K 46
[IMAGINE SERIES] (Bangtan Ver.) THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 101K READS!! (10/25/20) -:-:- Some of my Random Imaginations. REQUESTS are CLOSED -:-:- "Imagin...
354K 13.2K 45
"Why do you hate me so much Y/N ?" He asked me "You seriously don't know ?" "I wouldn't be asking if I know silly" he replied "Well you need to fi...
23.8K 773 26
SEQUEL of "Your Girlfriend" Those memories in your head, is it just wildest dream? Everything happened is not real? How you could move on and forget...
50.6K 2.5K 46
Y/n: Mr Kim I wanna borrow something would you give me. Taehyung: What is it? Y/n: Can I get a kiss? I will make sure to return it to you. Taehyung:...