Parallel Roads ↠ Daisy Jones...

Galing kay starryeyedturtle

PARALLEL ROADS | ❝So, where would you like me to begin?❞ In the world of rock and roll, the paths of Sol... Higit pa

PART ONE ━ blossom
track 001: freight train
track 002: april come she will
track 003: different drum
track 004: california dreamin'
track 005: lola
track 006: our house
track 007: mamma mia
track 008: stuck in the middle with you

introduction

1.6K 61 143
Galing kay starryeyedturtle

.•° ✿ °•.

PARALLEL ROADS
the story of solstice,
daisy jones & the six

.•° ✿ °•.

ALICIA MALHOTRA (biographer, 'Solstice and The Six'): There is an excerpt from my book, which I'm going to read to you now. I think it sums this whole thing up in better words than I can think of on the spot...

"In the world of rock and roll, the paths of Solstice and The Six — as well as Daisy Jones, of course — were delicately intertwined. The lives of the band members often mixed together, sometimes in harmonious ways and other times more turbulent, mostly within one action-packed decade. From friendships to lovers, love triangles to messy fall-outs, both bands were somehow always together in the relay race to the top."

Now, the story of these fates tied together has a simple beginning, really. Well, everyone's stories began somewhere, but this one starts with maybe the most unsuspecting member of Solstice. Francesca Vestri, the virtuoso guitarist of the band, decided she wanted to get out of her hometown and find a place to create her music. Then she stumbled upon The Dunne Brothers, and the lives of neither group or person would never be too far apart again.

Was it fate, destiny? Some kind of parallel universe, where these two bands always somehow ended up at arms or in arms? It's hard to say. But maybe that isn't for me to tell.

FRANCESCA VESTRI (rhythm guitar and backing vocals, Solstice): Is this thing on? Alright... look, just in advance, I have no idea where this is going to go. You've got to understand that I don't do this often. Sitting down and– and digging up the past like this.

But you're different. This is especially for you. And there are some things I'd like to get cleared up, on the record...

So, where would you like me to begin?

.•° ✿ °•.

FEATURING THE MEMBERS OF
S O L S T I C E

Monica Barbaro as
Francesca Vestri

( rhythm guitar, backing vocals )

Dakota Johnson as
Marigold GoldieRhodes

( lead vocals )

Imogen Poots as
Victoria Mercer

( bass, backing vocals )

Taron Egerton as
Harrison HankBowen

( lead guitar )

Danny Ramirez as
Carlo Nunez

( drums )

Jack Quaid as
Doug Sweeney

( keyboard )

AND OTHER NAMES ...
daisy jones & the six cast as themselves
cailee spaeny as iris rhodes
max minghella as antonio 'tony' vestri
sujaya dasgupta as alicia malhotra
emilio estevez as rafael belmonte
nicholas hoult as richie donovan
austin butler as joel crawford
barbara pravi as este rivers

.•° ✿ °•.

DISCLAIMER I do not own the characters or plot within Daisy Jones & The Six, they belong to Taylor Jenkins Reid and the Amazon Prime show. This is a work of fan-fiction. The members of Solstice and extra supporting characters, along with their individual storylines, are mine.

WARNINGS This book is seen by myself as 16+ and will contain some of the following themes: coarse language, sexual references, smoking, drug use, alcohol, addiction, depression/anxiety, homophobia and potentially more. Reader discretion is advised.

DEDICATIONS To any Daisy Jones & The Six fans! But also some folks on here in particular, who are pretty cool and perhaps share the same love for this rock 'n' roll fever dream of a book/show as I do:

stilestastic · Monrox · bIumenthaIs · -newtstilinski
juIianblackthorn · aesthetic-lyss · ROGUEANDOR

.•° ✿ °•.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Well, this was an impulsive fic idea if I ever saw one... but here we are! While I did enjoy the book and some details it had which were erased from the show, I did overall prefer the show because it enhanced the storytelling for me. It just tempted me even more to write a fic for it, and throughout March as episodes were being released, this idea was just constantly cooking in my brain. I'm going to mix up the styles from the book and the show, blending interview transcripts with 'real-time' scenes — all depending on when it feels right to contradict POVs, or shed some light on things that a character refuses to reveal, or maybe even things that a character who isn't around anymore can't say. I will also mix some plot details from the book and the show as well.

My fictional band for the purposes of this fic, named Solstice, is loosely based off Heart: they were the first female-fronted hard rock band, led by sisters Ann and Nancy Wilson, and emerged in the 1970s. But there is also inspiration taken from many other artists and bands of the time, and I can probably best describe Solstice's sound as a mix of folk, soft and hard rock. Creating the individual members of the band has been really fun though — however, Francesca Vestri is the main character who will be focused on the most, and her journey. She arguably has the closest relationship with The Six... so look forward to that, I guess *wink*

More than anything, I'm just excited to write a fic set in the 1970s, because I LOVE this decade aesthetically, musically, etc. and haven't found the right way to write about it until now. Let's just say I had a lot of fun making the playlist!

Expect music, madness and a generous dose of romance...

— Imogen

.•° ✿ °•.

DATES

started 05 / feb / 2023
published 05 / apr / 2023
completed ???

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

13.4K 241 20
Brooklyn Baby/Eddie Roundtree "Well, my boyfriend's in a band He plays guitar while I sing Lou Reed" "They say I'm too young to love you They say I'...
57.2K 1.4K 22
You'll never get away from the sound of the woman that loves you. In Eddie and Juniper's tumultuous relationship, intense longing looks and all-consu...
506 33 8
𝐀 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐥𝐢𝐧, the girl who found herself falling into the position of being the backup vocalist in the band...
316 4 7
A young Brianna Larsson from Pittsburgh PA is friends with a group of teenagers who are intrested in starting a band. Brianna and Warren start to fal...