Hourglass [Quintessential Qui...

Oleh Kiriyarin_

Each of them has their own stories, their own choices. A lot of new characters, new choices and new events, t... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1 - White Memory
Chapter 2 - The Beyond
Chapter 3 - Trouble Divided Into Five
Chapter 4 - Butterfly Effect
Chapter 5 - Stars Collide
Chapter 7 - Encounter
Chapter 8 - All Sides
Chapter 9 - Trickster (Ⅰ)
Chapter 10 - Trickster (Ⅱ)
Chapter 11 - Preliminary
Valentine Special - Foudre
Chapter 12 - Ignite
Chapter 13 - Crisis Management
Chapter 14 - Siren's Song
Chapter 15 - Promise
Chapter 16 - Echoes of Betrayal
Chapter 17 - Confession and the Charming Maid (Ⅰ)
Chapter 18 - Emotions and the Forgiven Maid (Ⅱ)
Chapter 19 - Trouble in Paradise (Ⅲ)
Chapter 20 - Cast Away (Ⅳ)
Interlude Chapter - Friends All Over the World
Chapter 21 - Queen of Hearts (Ⅴ)
Chapter 22 - New Beginnings ( Ⅵ )
Chapter 23 - Someday in the Rain
Chapter 24 - Make a Spell
Chapter 25 - Darkness Falls, a Star Is Born
Chapter 26 - Calamity Fortune
Chapter 27 - Tales of Snow
Chapter 28 - The Melancholy of Nakano Nino
Chapter 29 - Lost & Found
Chapter 30 - Break a Spell (Ⅰ)
Chapter 31 - Break a Spell (ⅠⅠ)
Chapter 32 - Connection
Chapter 33 - Operation: True Love
Chapter 34 - A Few Mistakes Ago
Chapter 35 - Dandelions
Chapter 36 - Heartstrings
Chapter 37 - Through Rose-Colored Glasses
[Part 1 Finale] Chapter 38 - For Whom the Bells Toll
Chapter 39 - Begin the Offensive
Chapter 40 - Roll Like We Used To
Interlude Chapter - Whims of Fate (I)
Chapter 41 - The ABC's of Live
Chapter 42 - Trouble Multiplied By Five
Chapter 43 - Calliope (I)
To You, The Worthless Excuse
To You, The Absolutely Worthless Excuse
To You, Who Awaits The Snowmelt
To You, What Hidden Behind Your Eyelids

Chapter 6 - Reflection

752 15 4
Oleh Kiriyarin_

Asuka's POV:

There are certain boundaries that people should not cross. These can also be called the moral rules of society, like you can't kill a person, you can't drive drunk etc. etc. AND YOU CANNOT DRUG PEOPLE FFS!

Fuutarou knocked out to the ground a few seconds after finishing the water Nino had given him. I-I'm shocked, I couldn't think straight yet tried to check upon him. He was unconscious all the way.

''...!''

Nino began laughing like lunatic while I checked on Fuutarou, for being straight like a witch.

''Fuutarou, hey! Oi! Fuutarou.''

None of the girls looked that worried, except for Yotsuba. I'm pretty sure I heard some chuckles. For Yotsuba, she tried to check upon Fuutarou as well, thank god. I have to wake him up somehow. I'll try the method used in movies...

''Wake ...*slap* the... *slap* fuck... *slap* up!''

I slapped Fuutarou's face hard a few times but it doesn't work. All I got was those girls laughing more, and the reds on Fuutarou's cheeks... I won't lie, I've always wanted to do this a few times, but that's not the point! I would be in the same situation if I didn't trust my sixth sense...Shit.

"That's cruel Nino." Miku said quietly, but she couldn't help but holding laugh.

I'm not sure what I'm feeling right now. Part of me is furious with Nino, and other part of me is terrified of what she is capable of.

''What the hell, Nino?!'' Finally I managed to finish a sentance.

''You didn't think I could forgive that pervert so easily did you? Ha?!''

''You f-...We all know that was an accident!''

I don't remember being this angry at someone in my life. What if Nino had used the incorrect medication? What if she hadn't been able to adjust the dosage? She could have almost killed him, but thank god he's just passed out.

Instead of telling Nino to shut the hell up, I gave her a death stare and hoped my message recieved. And she went silent for a moment with an uncomfortable look on her eyes.

''He seemed to be fine; just passed out.'' Itsuki said as she kneeled down next to me and check on Fuutarou.

''I'm taking him home. I'll call a cab.''

''I'll call it right away, and you'll look after him.''

''You don't have to do that.''

''I'd still be crying in my room if you hadn't taken care of me today... Consider this a small token of my appreciation.''

''Itsuki...Thank you.''

So I started packing Fuutarou's things before the cab arrived. If he's going to be treated like this, I'm going to ask him to quit this job. Definitely it's not worth it.

And Nino was watching us with a strange expression on her face. It's hard to say what this is, regret? Or is it joy?

''Where are you going?'' Nino asked.

''You got what you wanted. Session is over, we're leaving.'' I gave her the answer she needs. Bitch.

Yotsuba and Ichika seemed to want to say something, but they prefer watching in silence. As for Miku, she handed over her phone number to me in case of anything and we exchanged our numbers.

Itsuki and I quietly went down to the lobby while I was carrying Fuutarou. It's very embarrassing to talk in such situations, so I preferred to remain silent for now. But I was thanking Itsuki from the bottom of my heart, she even went to such trouble for someone she don't like.

''...''

It's already nighttime. We didn't properly set the time because Fuutarou started session late, because of Itsuki. Then our cab finally arrived. I placed Fuutarou to backseat and sat next to him. Itsuki unexpectedly sat in the front seat, which surprised me.

''What are you doing?''

''At least I'll accompany you two to your destination and pay for the cab.''

''You know you don't have to do this, right?''

''I know, I owe him an apology too. He just wanted to train us, and we rejected him.''

''I understand; if he were awake right now, he would cry in joy.''

''Also...'' She said.

''...?''

''When I saw how concerned you were about him, I realized he might not be such an awful person after all.''

I managed to smile a little after what I heard. Maybe tonight wasn't a complete disaster after all.

''You're really a great person, Itsuki. I don't know if anyone has ever told you this before.

''E-eh! T-t-thanks...'' At my sudden words, Itsuki's cheeks flushed and she started looking other side.

After some time, Itsuki suddenly started talking while I was watching outside.

''Shoji-kun...Will you two come again?''

''Well...It's not a situation that depends on me, I'm here today only because Fuutarou asked for my help. It's better if you talked to him about this tomorrow.''

''They all love Fuutarou...I guess except for Nino... but I think...It would be more useful for you to come as well. I-I...I'll talk to my dad about you so you can get paid as well.''

Ha...? I'm surprised by what I've heard but...somehow it doesn't seem like a bad idea. It wouldn't hurt to earn a little extra money for my games...

''I'll think about it.''

Shortly, we arrived in front of Fuutarou's house. Itsuki took cash out of her wallet and gave it to the cab driver.

I dropped Fuutarou off at his house while he was unconscious. Raiha-chan was quite worried when she saw her brother unconscious. But, when she told her about the incident, she also started laughing...Am I the only one who sincerly cares about him?!...as for Isanari-san, he was outside when we came.

So I set off to go home.

At least that was the plan.

Itsuki was still waiting outside Fuutarou's house. I thought she got in the cab and left, huh... Why...?

''I just didn't want to leave you alone at this hour.'' She spoke before I even had a chance to ask.

.

.

.

''Coffee or Tea?'' I asked Itsuki standing while in front of a nearby vending machine.

''Tea...''

A tea person, huh. Glad to know. I took a can of green tea from the machine and handed it to Itsuki. I never liked tea anyway so I got black coffee.

''Thank you Shoji-kun.''

''It's fine, you paid for the cab after all.''

We arrived at a nearby park that was completely deserted after walking for some time. In the morning, this area would typically be bustling with children, but at night, it was completely still and quiet. 

''So...'' 

'I just didn't want to go back home... Would that be a problem for you?''

''I live alone so, It's probably fine.''

''Aren't you a highschooler?'' She sipped her green tea wita and spoke in a curious tone.

''My house isn't so far away but I decided that I want my own personal space so ...I chose to rent a new one, my family wasn't all happy about it but...I managed to convince them somehow.''

''I understand... Do you remember the things I told you?'' She asked.

''About your mom?''

''We used to live in a small house, like Fuutarou's...''

Ouch...

''My mother had a hard time taking care of all five of us, but we were happy... Seeing Fuutarou's house brought back memories for me, and I wanted to talk about it."

''If your mother is the type of person you describe, I doubt she'd want you feeling sorry for her behind her back. ''

Itsuki gazed at me when I stated those words. She seemed to want to hear more of what I was about to say. There goes nothing...

''It's always important to keep memories alive but there are things that are even more important.'' I sipped from my coffee. Black, perfect for the weather.

''Making new memories is much more crucial than hanging on to old ones, don't ya think? You study that lot because you care about your mother and her legacy, right? This is ...wonderful, in my opinion. But if it's going to cause you to push and exhaust yourself, no one would want that. Not me, not your sisters, not even your father.''

''B-but...What should I do? I-I don't know anymore.''

''First and most imporant, you can always get better assistance. There are many people nearby who can assist you, both psychologically and academically. Your sisters are the ones who will always be there for you...(not academical tho).''

''What if they don't support my ideas... What if they l- ITTAI!''

This stubborn girl is trying to convince herself the opposite of what I want to say, so I made the most logical move possible that every classic shounen anime MC would do.

I bonked her head.

''Baka. They are your family, they are the last people in this world who could laugh at you.''

''Ow ow ow, I-I get the idea but...''

''And now Fuutarou is also involved, don't forget him.''

''Him...?''

''Fuutarou is also here to support you quintuplets. Do you understand why your father hired him now? As for me, I don't know. I was here temporarily.'' I took another sip from my bitter coffee.

Itsuki quietly drinks her tea. She's probably thinking about what I told her, which she should. She is afraid to get help from others from things that she cannot do on her own.

''Let me tell you a story Itsuki-chan, While we were just starting middle school, Fuutarou was different the person he is now.''

''Different?''

''He was a total bum, a grumpy person who always caused trouble to those around him. Of course, at a middle schooler's level... One day, after I left school, some kids started bullying me. Those times, I had neither the strength to defend myself nor the speed to escape. Just as I thought I was done for, Fuutarou came with a broom in hand.''

I never thought I would tell this story to people, but even now, everytime I think about it, It's funny af;

''He tried to wave the stick he was holding around like they do in those knockoff ninja movies on TV. He was swinging the stick so recklessly, lol, that it slipped from his grasp and banged his own head. While he was writhing on the floor in pain, the kids who were bullying me said that we were too pathetic to be bullied and left... We were able to remain alive in exchange of our pride, ahahah... What happened next, though, truly impressed me. He stand up and said ; If they bully you again, call me Asuka! I can take a few more sticks since my head is still intact!''

''Pfft- Ahahahaha! What's with this story?... ''

Itsuki started laughing out loud for the first time. I think I managed to bring her joy back.

''In short, you can trust Fuutarou. He'll try to help you in every way he can, even if he doesn't know why. He is that type of person even If he acts like a total jerk time to time.''

Itsuki stopped laughing and silently looked at me. With a slight smile on her face.

''Let's call it a night.'' I said.

''I guess...so, it's getting late. I don't want to worry the girls, I'm sure they'll think Fuutarou has done strange things to me.''

I got up from the empty swing where I was sitting and looked at the stars, yes I was right. Tonight wasn't a total disaster.

''Shoji-kun.''

''Yes?''

''Thank you. ''

[ The Next Day ]

And a new day began and I went to school as usual. I saw that Fuutarou was at the school before me, he didn't bear any traces from last night. Even though he took enough drugs to numb a horse. He was still at his desk, checking his notebook.

''How do you feel?''

''About what?'' Fuutarou asked curiously.

''I mean, about the last night?''

''Did something happen last night? I don't remember much after we started history...''

W-wait, this mofo experiencing memory loss now? In a way, this is spiritually comforting but medically this is threatining.

Maybe it's better keep it that way.

''Uesugi-san!''

A girl's familiar voice interrupted us while we were talking. A sound I liked to hear. Here's our class' energetic ball of sunshine , Yotsuba.

''Hello Yotsuba / Sup Yotsuba? '' We both talked at the same time.

''Ah, Hello Asuka-kun.'' She answered me with a wide smile and turned her gaze to Fuutarou.

''How are you feeling now Uesugi-san?''

''About what?''

''You know that d- HMPF!''

I quickly shut Yotsuba's mouth with my palm and leaned down to her ear, whispered.

''Temporary memory loss, Let's keep our mouth shut for now.''

Although Yotsuba did not understand what was happening at first, she confirmed it with her head after a while. Eventually I took my hand away from her lips. Fuutarou was looking at us with a curious stare but I managed to dodge it.

And for us, another school day began. I think I'll go to the quintuplets' house today too. See how things will turn out. Club activities won't begin for at least a month, so I'll have plenty of time to kill.

[ Lunch Break ]

''U-umm...Asuka-kun?''

''Kiwa-chan? May I help you?''

''U-u-umm actually...There was something I wanted to talk to you about, can you come with me to the backyard?''

That's what one of my former classmates told me. We were classmates in my first year of high school, but she and I were separated from each other. And, I think I know where this road goes.

''There goes nothing—Of course.''

When we went out into the hallway, I saw certain blushes on the girl's face. I witness this scenario all the time. Every day, sometimes multiple times in a single day.

Again, someone wants to talk to him...

Poor girl...

He is unreachable for us.

Don't push your luck, Kiwa.

Whispers had already begun as Kiwa-chan and I moved down the hallway. The school has a vacant area that is never visited. I am frequently asked to go to the school's backyard because that isn't really the best place for students to hang.

After walking for a while, we reached our destination. Behind walls with any sign of life.

''S-so...U-umm...I-I just wanted t-to say...''

With my back against the wall, I decided to wait for the girl to finish her speech.

'' I LIKED YOU SINCE THE FIRST YEAR, P-PLEASE BE MY BOYFRIEND!'' She almost shout!... There goes nothing...every fucking single time...

I swear each time is more difficult than the last... I put my hand on her right shoulder and flashed a fake smile.

''Kiwa-chan...''

''Y-yes...''

''I'm sorry... but I can't respond to your feelings.''

The girl's eyes widened in an instant, the expression I except, I continued talking.

''We had a great time with each other, of course I remember our memories, but...I never saw you like that. All you'll get if I become your boyfriend right now is... pain.

''I-I...-HK...Uhu...'' Tears were starting to flow from the girl's eyes, She couldn't form proper sentences.

''...''

''I--*sniff* What did I expect...*sniff* O-of course you're out of my reach...-''

''Don't talk like that!'' I raised my voice a little bit much. ''I'm the one who isn't ready for a relationship here, not you! You're a beautiful girl, Kiwa. But if I get into a relationship I'm not ready for, it won't do any good for either of us. Don't underestimate yourself, you're a wonderful person. I'm sure there are boys in this school who would risk doing anything for your attention.''

I'm a terrible person... But I want to be in a relationship... but none of this is interesting...

''Y-you mean that?...''

''I mean that. Wipe your tears now, smiling suits you better.''

Kiwa laughed lightly, wiping away her tears coming from her eyes.

''I understand why people are calling you unreachable now, haha...''

''I don't really care what people say to me, but please don't let that affect you. I seriously consider you a dear friend, after today please don't hate me okay?...''

''O-of course, there is no way I can hate you Asuka-kun.''

Thankfully today it closed without a serious disaster. Normally girls would run away from me crying, luckily Kiwa isn't like that.

''Friends forever?''

''Friends forever.''

It hurts.

Kiwa and I walked out of the backyard, and I survived another crisis. We parted ways since her class was on the other side of the school, and I went to mine.

''What happened this time?'' The particular person whose face should have been buried in his book spoke. But interestingly, this time he was chatting with Yotsuba.

''Nothing.''

''Did something interesting happen? I want to know!'' Yotsuba quickly said.

''I said not-''

''Asuka again rejected a girl, heh. Besides, I didn't expect Kiwa to be the one you rejected.''

''E-eh...!'' Yotsuba gave a small smile, although she was clearly astonished.

''Asuka is like the prince of our school or something.''

Prince my ass you poor-ass edgelord.

''How so...?'' Yotsube tilted her head and looked both of us.

''Let me explain then, Yotsuba, you're a girl. What do you think about Asuka?

''M-me...A-about Asuka?!...He certainly appears charming...actually...'' Yotsuba's cheeks began to blush with embarrassment. Even her bunny-eared ribbon moved spontaneously, if my eyes didn't trick me.

''See? Most of the girls at school think the same way as you, so they always confess to him.''

Don't say it that bad!... She's going to think so wrong about me now.

''I don't have any bad intentions, there's nothing I can do but just reject them.'' I said with a sigh and then sat down on my seat. I took a book from my backpack to distract myself.

''M-Mou... I understand how you feel... Nino and Ichika were often confessed by boys at middle-school.''

''I can understand Ichika...but Nino? It would be more painless to drink cyanide.'' I said.

''Hmpf! I-I know how you see Nino, Asuka-kun. After yesterday of course...But I swear she is not a bad person! She just wants to protect us.''

I looked at Fuutarou next to me. Ah... It would be better if I didn't tell him what happened at night, so I started talking in code.

''She didn't have to do THAT. There are much easy ways to do it.''

Yotsuba sweatdropped and laughed nervously, she probably accepted the fact that what Nino did was an exaggeration.

''A-anyway... Will you come back today, Asuka-kun?'' Yotsuba hopelessly tried to change the topic, cute.

''It's not something that depends on me. Fuutarou?''

''I guess I can't say no to help. Since you're good with gals, you make my job easier as well...''

''Fine, I'll come by. The football tournaments haven't started yet, after all.''

''Yay!''

Eh!... Yotsuba hugged me before I could even react. Her hair smells like candy—

[ A Few Hours Later ]

School had already ended but, I decided to check my notebook while I was still at school. The start of the quintuplets' class was still a ways off.

"All right, then..."

I put my notebook in my bag and left school. Now that I know their house, it cannot be too difficult to find the building.

And seriously, it wasn't too hard either. After about half an hour, I found the place I was looking for. Everyone's probably packed by now, I better hurry up. After greeting the security guard, I got into the elevator and pressed the button for the floor I had to go to. Now I think about... Maybe I could buy something at the store on the way, eh nevermind.

So I knocked on the door of the quintuplets.

''I hope Fuutarou's doing well inside...''

The door then opened. Miku was the one to greet me. She smiled briefly and began speaking when she saw me.

''W-welcome Asuka-kun, w-we were waiting for you...''

''I'm sorry I'm a little late Miku-chan, I was checking somethings at school.''

''Please, welcome. Come inside.''

I really liked being invited in this time. I looked like a thief last time... Thank god no one saw me from the other apartments.

When I walked in, all of the sisters, including Nino suprisingly, were crowded around Fuutarou. Nobody noticed I was here except Miku, so I believe he's saying something important.

''Yo.''

Everyone turned to me when they could hear my voice. They appear happy to see me relying on the smiles on their faces.

''Welcome, Asuka-kun!''

''Great to see you back, Shoji-kun.''

''Hmpf, So you didn't run away after all.''

''Ara~ welcome.''

''It's nice to see you all gathered. What did I miss?'' I asked.

''Welcome Asuka, I had just finished telling the girls about my plan. I'm going to put them to a test soon. If even one of them gets over 50 points on the test, I'll stop being their tutor, so do you.'' Fuutarou said these while checking the papers in his hand.

''That sounds like a pretty serious bet.''

''How do we know that you didn't make the test difficult on purpose?'' The butterfly girl asked, which...seriously a logical question. I would do that If I was the tutor.

''I didn't. To prove it, Asuka will also have this test with you.''

Maybe Nino c- What the fuck did I just hear?!...

''Excuse me?''

''I'm sorry, Asuka. I'll buy you something later, but this is the only way to convince them.''

''You sneaky motherf-*cough* E-ehm, so that's why you called me.''

This guy is a fucking legend. Fine, I'll take that L.

''Is it okay for you Nino?'' Fuutarou asked with a devilish smirk on his face, he pressured Nino all the way. She most likely had no choice but to accept.

''Fine...'' See? I told ya.

''Yeah, Come on girls!'' Yotsuba excitedly said.

''Let's begin.''

Each girl took the paper on which their name was written. Fuutarou had specially prepared the papers so that they wouldn't cheat. The question order of the pages on the paper of each of them was different, so that they were prevented from looking at each other.

''Just to be sure, you girls don't have super-powers right? Like reading and talking to eachother's mind'' I giggled a bit after asking.

''Of course there is; after all, it is something that occurs between siblings.'' Ichika teasingly answered.

''Haaaaa?!!! There was such a thing, and no one said anything to me?!'' And then Yotsuba pouted like a small child. Never change Yotsuba.

''Okay let's begin.'' Fuutarou clapped his hands together signaling us to start.

And I took my own paper as well. Since I have no other choice, it's best to keep up with the environment, let's see...

Simple equations, Japanese, physics , organic chemistry and history...

Meanwhile, Fuutarou was keeping a close eye on us all. He didn't seem to want any of us to cheat.

''Thirty minutes, start—NOW!''

My paper starts with simple equations;

[X - 6 + 2/x = 0 ; X ≠ 0]

X= ?

Heh, easy.

[- (-6) ± (-6)² - 4 (1) (2)] / 2

X= 0,35 or X= 5,65

I guess he didn't want to be too harsh on the girls, I wasn't expecting him to prepare it so simply. Then to the next question...

[28 Minutes Later]

It took me about 20 minutes to finish the whole test. I decided to use the remaining 5 minutes to double-check my answers. Normally, my grades are average, but... even I can solve these. Although I'd like to look at what others are doing, I'm kind of like them right now. It would be very difficult for me to do anything when Fuutarou is looking at me. Man, he's taking his job seriosuly. I respect that.

I flipped my paper over and shut my eyes in hopes of getting some rest.

*Clap clap clap*

''Okay, Time's up, hand over your papers.''

Right on time, me and the girls handed our papers to Fuutarou and he start to checking upon them at the other-side of the room.

''So...How did it go? Hehe...'' I stretched my arms a little and looked at the girls sitting next to me, each of them looked as if they had been punched in the face.

None of them answered to me.

Yikes.

And the awkward silence lasted for several minutes.

''Okay, now that I've finished reviewing your papers, I must congratulate you girls. You all received 100.''

The girls' faces were suddenly filled with the light of hope, their eyes were shining with happiness.

''Combined.''

That ray of hope that shone in their hearts was slaughtered by a wild beast. To tell the truth, I felt sorry for them.

''How much did Shoji-kun score?'' Itsuki asked with a bored face.

''94.''

''It was physics, wasn't it?''

''I found this really interesting that you can memorize the entire calculus formula and not be able to move the fucking vector from point A to point B.'' Fuutarou facepalmed in disbelief. Asshole.

''It seems like we'll have another sessions on the road...Let's start with the basics...''

- - -

{ BONUS SCENE }

Girl: Asuka-kun, I heard that you are good at English. Can you help me for study, please?

Asuka: Of course...Anything I can help with.

Girl: How do you spell ''Dream'' in English?

Asuka: Father absence.

Girl:

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.7K 78 23
Following the events of the manga, Futaro and the Nakano sisters progress into the next stage of their life: adulthood. Who would have thought colleg...
103K 3.2K 86
Y/N, upon death, is isekai'd into an anime. Thinking they would wake up with great powers, Y/N is stunned to realize that they were reborn as the mai...
340K 10.1K 69
Ichika Nakano's life changed when she met that boy As you can see in the title its a Ichika Nakano x Male Reader story. I pick Ichika because of some...
179K 4.1K 39
One day you are asked by Fuutaro to help on a new job he just got to tutor, 5 girls? Damn that's a lot.. This is the story of love between you and t...