In-Between (AVATAR One-shots)

By fadingvoices

This book is an extension to my first story (Eywa's Will) and is a book made for the 3 months you have spent... More

Welcome!
Restless (Jake🌿)
Air Pandora (Trudy🫧)
Skxawng (Jake🫧)
May the Best Win (Jake, Neytiri 🫧)
Bound (Jake🕯️🌿)
Little One (Miles Quartich 🫧)
Blind (Neytiri 🌘)
She's Mine (Neytiri 🫧)
Irritation (Jake🗡️)
Trust Me (Jake🗡️)

Till Death (Grace⚰️)

1K 28 9
By fadingvoices

(Grace Augustine x Reader)
You followed your wife out to Pandora, both of you studying the plants and Na'vi of Pandora, as tensions rise with the RDA you both swore to protect the planet and it's inhabitants. Or die trying.

♡𓆪

Life on Pandora was always seemingly bitter sweet, the best and worst moments of your life happening here.

This was definitely on the list to being one of the worst, definitely the worst.

You looked to Grace, watching as she downed another shot. This was to much, how could all this have escalated so quickly?

You looked to Jake, a look of anger and sadness swimming in his eyes.

You felt anger towards him, but the stakes were high for him as well. But you still felt resentment, how could he do this to Grace? After all she's done for him, after all you've done for him.

"You know," she started, looking to you and Jake. "They never wanted us to succeed." She stated, you looked down. "They bulldozed a sacraed sight on purpose, just to get a reaction." You shook your head, playing with the ring on your finger.

"Fabricating this work to get what they want." She laughed curtly, your eyes slid up to hers. You came to her side, laying a comforting hand on her back. Grace put a hand to her face, rubbing at her temples.

"This is how it's done." Jake states, fingers slamming against the table. He let out a curt laugh, grabbing at one of Grace's book. "When people are-" slam "are sittin' on shit that you want" he growled, throwing the book to the side causing you to flinch "you make them your enemy." He hissed.

"Then you justify taking it-"

"Quaritch is rolling the gunships, he's gonna hit home tree" Trudy gasped, running into the lab.

Your heart sank, you looked to your wife who shared a look of horror.

"Oh my god.."

Grace rose from her seat as did Norm. All of you quickly made your way towards Selfridge's office.

"Dr. (Y/L/N) and Dr. Augustine you can't be up here!" A man yelled, grabbing your wife's arm. You pushed him back, hissing slightly as you blocked his way.

"Stay back."

"Selfridge, stop these are people you are about to-"

Grace slapped the hands of another man off her "Back off!" She demanded, holding up a hand to him.

"They are fly bitten savages, that live in a god damn tree! Look around! I don't know about you but I see thousands of trees!" He yelled at Grace, god you wanted to beat him to a pulp. "They can move!"

"This isn't our planet! This is their home!" You boomed, stepping forward. "We are invaders! Don't you see that?"

"There are families in there!" Grace said, hand coming down to intertwine with yours. A silent way to ask you to settle down, and let her take control. "Babies, are you gonna kill children?" Grace asked, glaring at the man "are you prepared for that blood on your hands?"

"You don't want that kind of blood on your hands. Believe me, ju-p-just let me try and talk them out" Jake begged "they trust me"

You awoke in your avatar, head reeling slightly from being yanked out earlier. You jumped out of your hammock, swinging up the large root above you.

Jake ran by your hammock, offering a hand, you pushed it away face contorting slightly.

"I'm sorr-"

"Stay focused kid, we don't have the time" you hissed, watching as Neytiri ran over to you.

Grace came to your side.

"Neytiri we must talk to the Olo'eyktan, it's important." Grace stated, taking your hand for comfort.

"Follow," she said, taking Jake's hand and quickly taking the lead.

You ran down the roots, following Neytiri and as she reached the bottom she called to her parents.

"Ma sempul! Ma sa'nok!" She called urgently, moving to let Jake speak as the two leaders rose.

"Ma Eytukan, lu oeru aylì'u frapor." Jake said, eyes wide in fear.

"Tìng mikyun!" You said, heart racing.

"Pivlltxe, ma Jakesully" Eytukan said, nodding his head calmly.

"Eo ayoeng lu txana tìkawng." Jake started "Sawtute zera'u... fte fol Kelutralti, skiva'a! Skiva'a!" Jake stressed, fear flashed through the people as they all looked to their leaders.

"Au!" They exclaimed.

"Tell them they are going to be here!" Jake begged, looking to Neytiri.

"Pìyate fìtseng ye'rìn." Neytiri said, looking back to her father.

"You have to leave, or your going to die" Jake said, Grace's fingers gripped yours and you looked to her. Tears were beginning to look at her eyes.

Mo'at looked to her mate then back to Jake "are you certain of this?"

Jake heaved, his chest rising and falling quickly as he prepared to let the people know of his betrayal.

"They sent me here. To learn your ways, so that one day I could bring this message and you would believe it." Neytiri turned Jake around with wide eyes.

"What are you saying Jake?" Neytiri looked to him, that look of betrayal that once came to your face reached hers. "You knew this would happen." Her eyes watered, trembling hands coming to his chest.

"Yes." Jake continued to try and explain himself, hands falling to Neytiri's sholders. She shoved him away, tears pooling at her eyes as she cried out.

"Kawkrr! Ke slayu nga Na'viyä hapxì! You will never be one of the people!" She cried, shoving him roughly.

"We tried to stop them!" Grace defended.

"Neytiri please," Jake said dejectedly, eyes watering "Neytiri"

"Ma 'ite."

"Kehe" Neytiri cried, moving behind her mother for comfort.

"Mefoti yìm" Eytukan said through gritted teeth. Your eyes widened in horror, you looked to Grace as warriors began to approach and separate you all.

"You have to go!" Grace yelled

"Please! They are coming!" You begged, flinching as you were shoved roughly to the ground.

"GAHHH"

"GAHHH"

No, no, this can't be happening.. how could this be happening.

Tears slid down your face as your hands were bound togather. You felt as though your heart was being ripped out, you were dragged out of home tree, cries of pain falling from your lips as you struggled.

Every moment from them in only seemed to get worse, home world was destroyed, Jake was outcasted and now here you are, sitting in a holding cell next to your wife.

Your head fell in your hands as Grace rubbed your shoulders, she layed her head in hers. Her short hair smelling of cigarettes and coffee, you looked to her, eyes welling up with tears.

Years of hard work, of so much research. Down the drain, all you've worked for, all Grace has worked for.. gone.

She placed her head against yours, eyes shutting as she sniffled. You looked to her, a gentle hand coming to touch her face.

"When I get my hands on that son of a bitch." Jake growled, earning your attention. You looked to him sadly.

"What's going on brother, long time no see" a voice chimed, you and Grace pulled away eyes widening at the angel before you. Trudy you sexy thing.

"Personally, I don't think these tree hugging traitors deserve stake" she stated, leaning slightly on the meal cart.

"They get stake?" The guard said in astonishment, bending down "that's bullshit I gotta see" he grumbled.

With one swift move, Trudy pointed a pistol to his head, a smirk coming to her features.

Excitment filled you.

"Yeah you know what that is" she chuckled "get down" she demanded, following him with the gun.

"All the way down" once his chin touched the ground, Trudy whacked him with the but of the gun knocking him unconscious.

"Max!" Trudy called, moving around the body and moving it to the side.

Max came running in, coming straight towards the door. You and Grace sprung up, Norm following quickly.

"You beautiful bastards!"

Max chuckled, opening the door for you "thank me later, come on we have people to save." He smiled, moving to the side as you all exited.

Trudy tossed a gun to Jake and Norm then motioned for everyone to move out. Trudy lead the way, gun at her hip as you and Grace trailed behind.

Trudy opened the door to the main hanger, nodding her head after checking it was clear "we need to be fast, they'll know as soon as I turn Maya on." She said, watching all of you carefully before letting the door shut behind you.

"Alright come on," you said, grabbing Grace's hand and moving forward. You headed over to the familiar rotercraft, the tiger that was painted in the side seemed to be a good source of comfort.

"Come on Jake" you said, helping him out of his wheel chair as Trudy ran to turn on the Rotocraft.

Norm quickly ran over to help as Grace took his wheelchair.

A loud hiss sound then, sounds of gunfire, fuck fuck! You turned to Grace "get in now" you yelled, taking the chair from her and motioning her to go in.

Many of the bullet's missed, whizzing past your head, you tossed the wheelchair in the back of the Rotocraft, quickly as it's began to lift. There was a pinch in your side but you ignored it as you took Grace's hand. She pulled you up, flinching as she stumbled back.

You stumbled on top of her, everyone cheering as they made it out.

Pain filled your side, along with a wetness. You looked to Grace, smiling softly as you brushed her hair back.

"Grace.." you shifted and the pain became more prominent. "Shit..." You whimpered. Grace shifted to sit up and take a look, but cursed as well.

You looked to her, fear in your eyes.

Your eyes trailed down as Grace removed her hand from her stomach, blood coated her fingers.

The seering pain engulfed you as you came down from the adrenaline of it all, you almost couldn't believe it. The two of you, hit.

"Guys," you said, voice shaking.

"This is gonna ruin our week." Grace added, chuckling curtly.

"Shit, Grace! (Y/n), they've been shot!" Jake yelled f, Norm quickly stood up coming to your aid.

You were loosing a lot of blood, like a lot. You looked down watching as your drenched shirt dripped. You could feel the wetness in your back as well, no way this was one bullet.

"What are the chances, both of us getting shot?" You chuckled, a sour look coming onto your face as you flinched.

"Well, till Death." Grace smiled lightly, gripping her side.

"Where's the Trama kit?!" Norm yelled, you felt lighter than before it seemed as though you were fading faster than grace.

Norm ran to you, his voice seemed distant even as he pushed you back to lay down.

Norm rolled up your shirt, letting out a light sob as his eyes fell upon the three bullet wounds. Grace had the same look of horror, hand grabbing at yours quickly.

"No you can't do this, you bitch you can't leave me first." She cried, you could barely hear her.

But there was only one thing left on your mind.

"How does it look? Norm?" Jake crawled over, eyes widening.

"Save Grace" you sniffled, Grace flinched as she brought your hand up to her lips. "Please." You looked to Jake. "Save Grace."

You could feel the flickering, you were beginning to fade, sadness filled you as tears streamed down your face. Pain was slowly fading as you began to see double, Jake shook his head, tears streaming down his face as you turned back to your wife.

"You can't die." She cried, a small smile came to your lips as you weakly reached up to touch her face. "You can't leave me"

"Grace, I love yo-"you managed, your world fading away from you. You tried to hold on you really did, but you felt to weak.

As you let the darkness consume you, you were gifted moments of your life.

𓆩♡𓆪
"Welcome, to Pandora!" You heard over the intercom, you looked to Grace admiring her face. Grace looked to you, nudging your arm.

"Come on what are you staring at me for? Let's go!" She grinned, unbuckling her seatbelt.

"Grace," you said seriously, she looked to you her hair falling perfectly in her face. You smiled, heart melting at the way she looked at you. You lifted a hand to brush her hair back, you used the other to unclip your seatbelt.

"I've known you, studied beside you for 5 long years, and now that we have achieved our dreams I would like to make another come true." You said, standing up and moving to one knee Infront of her "Grace Augustine, will you marry me?" You asked, pulling out a small box and opening it to reveal a diamond ring.

Fresh tears pricked at her eyes as she smiled, Grace rolled her eyes "couldn't have waited?" She joked, looking to you, her face turning a lovely red.

"Couldn't have, I want to leave this airship with you as my fiance." She smiled, offering her hand as the tears slid down her face.

"I would love that too, but only if you promise, I die first. I couldn't handle it if you did"

You rolled your eyes "Grace, you'll probably be what kills me" Grace laughed, offering her finger.

"Then I do"

𓆩♡𓆪

Grace sobbed, watching your hand fall as Norm moved her away.

"Grace come on, I have to look at your wounds" he cried, trying to get Grace to settle down as blood continued to ooze from her wound. He also attempted to get the way the life left your eyes out of his head, he couldn't bare to see you like that. Someone he knew as so strong and hard headed, reduced to this. Hell he was having trouble seeing Grace sob.

Jake looked to your body in horror, hearing the way Grace cried crushed him. Her cries being of utter loss and excruciating pain. What has he done?

Grace cried as Norm layed her back, doing all he can to keep his silent promise to you. He would save Grace if it was the last thing he did.

Grace cried "we were supposed to go togather" she sobbed, gripping Norm's arm "we are supposed to be togather" she cried, hands trembling.

"Till death do we part." She spoke shakily, of the vow you and her made all those years ago, she remembered it well.

𓆩♡𓆪

♡Bonus♡

Kiri smiled softly, hands playing with the two rings that were added to her mother's neckless.

"I just don't get it, these numbers, they show something that is no way in hell possible. It's as if this planet is sentient. Alive, there is something her that's- it's just-" Grace looked up hands coming up slightly, she felt like she sounded crazy.

"It's Eywa" you smiled, coming into camera shot. You wrapped an arm around Grace. "Shes the protector of this planet."

"You really believe that?" Grace asked, looking to you.

"I believe what the people believe. There's reason for it" you smiled, kissing her head "and it's not a scientific one." You chuckled, Grace looked up to you. She was a woman of science, she didn't believe in such things as gods.

Kiri chuckled softly, watching as you two gazed Lovingly at each other. She adored watching the old video logs, she loved watching how her mother learned, and became more aware of the great mother through the years. It made her happy in her beliefs, the next video played, it was you sitting at the table talking, Grace interrupting you to nag about something she wasn't sure off.

You chuckled, shaking your head and looking back to the Camara.

"You know, Grace if your watching this, I really hope our kid is as mouthy as you so you can see what it feels like." You joked, lifting a hand up to adjust the camera.

Kiri smiled, hand reaching out slightly. She wished you were here.

"What was that?"

"Nothing dearest!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 1K 12
#1 jakesullyxreader - tue jan 3 2023 ➜ ❝𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐟𝐭❞ ➜ 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢...
71.7K 1.7K 10
so this is just an idea I had in my head. I hope you enjoy, first time ever posting. This takes place during the "one year later" period in Awow. I a...
178K 4.7K 114
ADVENTURETIMEFANTICS L X READER ONESHOT SERIES 3 BOOK 1 [BOOK 1/3] [UNEDITED] [COMPLETED] Itttssss bbaccckkkk! Over 1000 oneshots wasn't enough for...
460K 13.7K 17
(Y/N) was always a special Na'vi since she was born, and thanks to the Sully family, she grew up in a loved and cared for environment. Though, she di...