Forget-Me-Not (Varian x Reade...

By CrazyCatTeen35

"𝑾𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’˜π’† 𝒄𝒂𝒏 π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’ π’˜π’“π’Šπ’•π’† 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆." Ev... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1- Rapunzel's Return
Chapter 2- The Coronation
Chapter 3- Lady Caine
Chapter 4- Visiting Varian
Chapter 5- The Best Day
Chapter 6- Science Expo
Chapter 7- The Snuggly Duckling
Chapter 8- Listen Up
Chapter 9- The Compass
Chapter 10- Queen Rapunzel
Chapter 11- Forever Winter
Chapter 12- Lost Time
Chapter 13- Black and White
Chapter 14- Shall We?
Chapter 15- Breaking Point
Chapter 16- Ready
Chapter 17- The Battle of Old Corona
Chapter 18- Battle Wounds
Chapter 19- A Good Heart
Chapter 20- Community Service
Chapter 21- Andrew
Chapter 22- Parties and Promises
Chapter 23- Ball Gown
Chapter 24- A Room of People
Chapter 25- The Wand of Oblivium
Chapter 26- Red Bandanna
Chapter 27- New Saporia
Chapter 28- Angel
Chapter 29- Blue Betrayal
Chapter 30- More Than Just a Dream
Chapter 31- Let Me Make You Proud
Chapter 33- Captain Creighton
Chapter 34- Monster
Chapter 35- I'm Fine
Chapter 36- You and Me
Chapter 37- A Cinch
Chapter 38- Xavier's Legends
Chapter 39- The Pink Shell
Chapter 40- The Things We've Missed
Chapter 41- Nightmare
Chapter 42- The Plan
Chapter 43- Inherently Bad?
Chapter 44- The Truth Will Set You Free
Chapter 45- A Date with an Alchemist
Chapter 46- Hearts Apart
Chapter 47- When The Past Resurfaces
Chapter 48- The Girl Who Has Everything
Chapter 49- Cassandra's Return
Chapter 50- Shadows of the Moon
Chapter 51- Light of the Sun
Chapter 52- Floating
Chapter 53- Awaiting Alarms
Chapter 54- Captian Lance
Chapter 55- Project Obsidian
Chapter 56- The Gopher Grab
Chapter 57- Mistakes
Chapter 58- Safe and Sound
Chapter 59- Through It All
Chapter 60- The Tomb
Chapter 61- Hunted
Chapter 62- Gone
Chapter 63- What Once Was Mine
Chapter 64- Varian's Promise
Chapter 65- The Lost Realm
Chapter 66- Plus Est En Vous (Part I)
Chapter 67- Plus Est En Vous (Part II)
Chapter 68- Something That I Want
Chapter 69- The Garden
Epilogue
Behind the Scenes + Author's Note

Chapter 32- The Threat

1.8K 58 43
By CrazyCatTeen35

I wish I could say that things magically got better after Quirin was saved, but that's just wishful thinking. Just because Quirin was free from the amber, it by no means solved all of my problems. For one, the entire throne room is practically in shambles due to the battle Rapunzel and her crew had against the Saporians. My parents also still have their memories wiped, no thanks to Clementine and the Wand of Oblivium, so now Rapunzel is running the kingdom in their place since they can hardly remember how to rule. Also, Cassandra is doing who knows what with one of the most powerful artifacts on the planet, not to even mention the fact that I have absolutely no idea what caused Varian and my hair streaks to glow when we were fighting the Saporians.

On top of all that, I don't get to see Varian nearly as much as I would like to. Since Quirin was free now, Varian got to live with his dad in Old Corona again. Of course, I'm overjoyed that Varian's life gets to return to some form of normalcy, but it's displeasing to not get to see him as often. I miss him a lot.

That's why I've been so excited for today. After the Battle basically destroyed Old Corona, all of the citizens fled to the city to find shelter. Without Quirin to guide and protect them, they saw no other choice but to leave. Of course, the people were welcome in the city, but the island wasn't prepared for a surge of homeless Coronians, and the number of people was beginning to cause issues. Once Quirin was freed, he wanted to try and rebuild the town so the people could return to their homes.

So today, Rapunzel, Eugene, Lance, dozens of Coronians, and I are headed to Old Corona to try and help reconstruct it. After all, we knew that if we all pitched in, we could have the town rebuilt in no time.

As we stroll into the town, a bright smile spreads across Rapunzel's features when she sees the progress that has already been made, and all of the people who came to help. "I love seeing the people of Corona coming together like this!" Rapunzel happily exclaims, twirling in a circle while she walks.

"Old...er...New Corona looks amazing already!! Wait is it still called 'Old Corona?' Or is it called 'New Corona?' Oooh! Maybe 'New Old Corona?!'" Lance suggests, listening as the words roll off his tongue. "It seems kinda strange for a town that's brand new, don't you think?"

I notice Quirin standing in the center of the town, directing people as they worked. The four of us walk over to him, and he smiles when he sees us. "Let me tell you, this place is looking better already!" Eugene compliments.

Quirin nods his head gratefully. "Thank you, but I can't take all the credit. None of this would be possible without the good people of Corona." He turns to my sister. "Thank you for rallying the people together for this, your highness."

Rapunzel grins. "Oh, it was my pleasure. Anything to help a friend."

"Speaking of friends," I pipe up. "Quirin, do you know where Varian is?"

He smiles at me. "He's at the edge of town bringing supplies from our shipments to the workers. Maybe you could give him a hand?"

"I would love to!" I happily say. "Thank you, Quirin!"

"Of course, princess."

I dash off to find Varian, eager to see him again. As I weave around people, I keep my eyes peeled for the freckled alchemist. Suddenly, my eyes catch sight of him, loading paint buckets into a wheelbarrow along with Ruddiger. I dart over to him as quickly as my legs can carry me. "Varian!!" I call.

Varian glances up from his work when he hears my voice, and his blue eyes begin searching for me. His lips curl into a big buck-toothed smile when he sees me. "(Yn)!!" He exclaims, running over to meet me. He quickly pulls me into a loving embrace, and I happily hug him back. "I've missed you, Angel." Varian softly says.

"I've missed you too!" I reply. "I wish you were closer to the castle so I could see you more often." I sigh.

"It's weird to not be in the castle anymore. I honestly kinda prefer being there than here." He says the second part a bit softer.

I pull out of our hug and stare at him. "What? Aren't you happy to be here with your Dad?"

"Of course I am!" Varian quickly speaks. "I'm glad to be home...I just don't think that anyone else is." He sheepishly scratches the back of his neck.

"Oh..." I frown. "They still aren't over the whole battle thing, are they?"

Varian shakes his head. "I also just miss you a lot. I like having you around...you make me feel like I'm more than my mistakes."

I gaze at Varian with a sympathetic look. Rapunzel, Eugene, Lance, Quirin, and I all know that Varian has a good heart, but I suppose I can't say the same for the rest of the kingdom. I can't seem to find the right words for him; my mind can't come up with any ideas to fix this problem. I suck in a breath. "Well, I'm here now." I offer with a faint smile. "How about we ignore all the people who are still stuck in the past and just enjoy ourselves? Let's not let their resentment ruin our time together."

Varian smiles at me and nods. "I-I'd like that."

I beam at him, and I suddenly realize something was different about Varian. Instead of his usual teal shirt and dark brown apron, he is now clothed in a long-sleeved crème colored shirt and a burgundy vest with gold buttons. A leather belt, boots, and gloves adorned his body, and his signature goggles rested on his head. I blush a bit. I feel taken aback by his new look, and I can't help but find Varian handsome. I quickly try to suppress the feelings. "Wow, Var. You look great! I love the new outfit."

Varian's lips form into a dorky grin and he chuckles. "Heh...thanks. My dad gave it to me." He then notices my new outfit, and his freckled cheeks turn bright red. "Y-You too."

Rapunzel gifted me with an outfit she bought for me while she was on her journey, and I love it. I am now wearing an off-shoulder (fc) blouse with long flowing sleeves, topped with a leather under-bust corset that gently hugs my figure. The corset is being held up with two buckled leather straps that loop over my bare shoulders. I wear a matching pair of high boots decorated with buckles, along with a (feel free to choose a skirt or a pair of pants :)). To top it all off, I had my necklace with the key from my compass around my neck, my quiver of arrows and my wooden bow, and Varian's red bandanna pulling my hair into a ponytail.

"Sweet mother of Demanitus..." Varian mutters under his breath, staring at me in awe. "Y-You look amazing." His cheeks grow redder by the second, and my cheeks quickly become pink as well.

"Thanks..." I softly say, trying to hide my blush. I quickly change the subject. "So what can I do to help?"

:-:-:-:-:

Varian and I had only been working for about a half hour before Rapunzel runs up to us as though she was being chased by a wild animal. "(Yn), we have to go."

"What? Why?" I frown. I wasn't ready to leave yet! I hardly got to spend any time with Varian.

Rapunzel's eyes fill with worry. "There's a werewolf on the loose."

Varian looks at my sister like she is absurd and saves his hand, dismissing her claim. "Psssh, werewolves aren't real, Rapunzel. As a man of science, I can say with 100% certainty that it's impossible."

I cross my arms over my chest. "That's what you said about ghosts, too." I look at my sister. "How do you know there's a werewolf?"

"It's been terrorizing local farmers, we found giant paw prints that are way too big to be from any other creature, and even a beast hunter has showed up claiming that there's a werewolf on the loose." Rapunzel lists off on her fingers. "We need to get back to the castle to come up with a strategy to trap it."

I sigh, feeling annoyed that a werewolf decided to show up right when I finally get to spend some time with Varian, but reluctantly agree nonetheless.

"What's this I hear about a werewolf?" Quirin asks, approaching us.

"We think there's a werewolf on the outskirts of town," Rapunzel replies. "But don't worry, I'm going to take (Yn), Eugene, and Lance back to the castle so we can come up with a plan of some kind to trap it as soon as possible." She quickly assures him. "Would you like to come along? I'm sure we could use your help."

Quirin shakes his head. "If what you're saying is true, I want to be here for my people. If you don't mind, however, would you please take Varian back to the castle with you? I'd like to keep him as far away from this threat as possible."

Rapunzel smiles. "Of course. He'll be safe with us."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 132 18
What if, instead of kidnapping Princess Rapunzel, Mother Gothel had instead helped raise her alongside the King and Queen of Corona? What if Rapunzel...
13.7K 477 15
[Newsies Crossover] Visiting the kingdom of Neserdia in France, the king and queen of Corona finalize trade deals with King Joseph and Queen Erica of...
177K 4.9K 44
Complete! I Hear A Symphony βœ”- A Varian X Reader Story As the younger sister of Rapunzel, your parents were strict. Your sister had been taken as a...
146K 4.1K 130
Hey! This is my first story so I know it's not that great! I don't own any of the tangled series character! This is a story about a young witch beco...