My Best Friends Brother ~ (NO...

By lxverrrrr

"Oh come on you can't honestly say you didn't enjoy what happened last night." He says. His arms are hugging... More

authors note :)
characters aesthetics <3
one - the betrayal
two - before the truth
three - orange juice and it's perks
four - the truth?
five - the call
six - the party
seven - parties & desires
eight - u matter
nine - family issues r so fun lol
ten - lola's kitchen
eleven - ?
+
twelve - the tiger
characters !
thirteen - malibu barbie doll = maggie
fourteen - dramaaa
fifteen - infatuation
sixteen - all parties aren't that great
eighteen - 800-656-4673
nineteen - 18, but still 16
twenty - happy birthday me
twenty-one - the aftermath
twenty-two - graduation day

seventeen - his

1.7K 23 1
By lxverrrrr

AARONS POV

Since the day that I moved out, my mind does nothing but think of Cassandra. It feels so wrong too.

When I was younger, Maggie and Cassandra, were just little freshmen's at the time, I would notice Cassandra look my way.

More than enough to know she had a crush on me. I'd never told her I knew because I didn't want her to embarrass herself. And myself.

I also had a crush on her, but I was little more discrete about it. I also never told her because she was my sisters best friend and I knew enough about Cassandra to know that she was going to do great if she had nothing to distract her.

I didn't want to ruin that for her. I'd rather ruin my chance with her forever than ruin her chance of her being the best she could.

I sit on Lorenzo's couch, scrolling through each and every channel. Enzo comes out of the bathroom with a huge grin on his face and dripping water all over our floor.

"What's with that?" I tease. Enzo has been non-stop texting Cassandra's new friend, Meredith. He said ever since I sent him to pick up my clothes at my house, she's got him wrapped around his little finger.

Enzo was never one for the women. Or at least the women he met. They'd just want to sleep with him and he doesn't want that.

That's where Enzo and me are similar. We both want someone who wants us for us. Not because of what they think we can give them in bed.

Meredith has him whipped because all he does is type on that phone and nothing else. "Guess who's gonna see Meredith after two weeks of non-stop texting?" He grins like a child with a lollipop, "I am."

"You know you look stupid right? She's got you wrapped around her finger. And doesn't she not do dating? Isn't that what you told me?" I make an excellent point. Lorenzo's my brother , and I took my long to realize that blood doesn't equal family.

I've seen Lorenzo get his hopes up for a girl just for her to completely shut him down. He didn't get out of bed for a week. She wasn't there when she had to force feed him food or there to beg him to get into the shower.

I was. And I'm not a huge fan of doing it again. "Your girl told me that she wasn't open up for dating? Yes she did. But she also and I quote said it never hurts to try. So—"

"First off she's not my girl and secondly, she's wrong. Trying always gets you hurt. Don't forget that." My voice is firm and I know Lorenzo gets flashbacks to when he did get hurt trying.

He nods at me, but I know he won't stop trying to get Meredith until she hurts him or worse, she doesn't.

"See, and I was going to invite you, but now I'm not." He begins walking up the stairs to his room. He wants me to stop him. I know him well enough to know, just as he knows me too.

"Wait." Lorenzo's reached the top of the stairs and leans over the edge. "What did you get invited to?" The words basically burn in my mouth. I hate that he knows me.

He grins again like a little kid, and walks back down. "Well since you insist, I guess I'll tell you. Today is Cassandra's birthday and she's throwing a party. Or more Meredith is, but there's a party. And the girl you want to try for is the birthday girl." He looks so amused with himself.

I immediately decide I'm going and I know just what to get her. I don't know if she'll like it, but I know she's never received them so.

"Are you coming?" He asks, I open my mouth to say yes just for him to interrupt me, "Of course you are." He gives me a look and I know I can't judge him for trying to start something with Meredith when I'm trying to do the same thing with Cassandra.

-

It's 5pm. Party doesn't start until 8pm. And Lorenzo's already ready. He paces across the kitchen which didn't bother me until he started pacing right in front of me.

Staring right at Lorenzo, I realize how much he reminds me off a golden retriever. His blond hair and his whole personality. It just screams it.

That's when I remember about my own two dogs. German shepherds. Right now they're staying with another one of my friends who agreed to take care of them while I get settled in, but I think I should just pick them up right now.

Seeing as we have free time and Lorenzo is freaking me the fuck out. "Come on." I say, getting up from the couch and grabbing my keys from the kitchen island.

"Where are we going? The party doesn't start for another three hours?" He says quickly, running behind me like a little dog.

"To get your mind off the party and to get your best friends." I like to joke around that my dogs  are his best friends because he hates it. As much as Lorenzo resembles a dogs personality, he's afraid of them.

Or at least just mine. I've told him countless of times that in order to let a dog trust you, you need to lay yourself bare. As in just let everything out. Obviously not out out loud. But you need to give them something.

They need to trust you before they let their guard down.

Lorenzo doesn't get that. He gets nervous that they'll suddenly go crazy and bite him. That gets the dogs nervous. I think dogs can feel your emotions. So when Lorenzo gets nervous and scared, they do too.

It's not Lorenzo's fault though. Apparently he had an accident as a child with dogs, and he hadn't recovered since. It isn't funny to him, but to me it's hilarious.

"Oh no. No. No. They can't live with us Aaron. I swear to god." He says, refusing to get into the car. I'm already putting my seat belt on.

"Enzo get in the car before I text Meredith the picture of you that I took that one night." Immediately he knows what I'm talking about.

"You don't have her number." He argues. "You forget I met her first remember?" I pull up my phone and scroll till I see Meredith's contact and show him.

His eyes grow wide and he turns to look at the house before getting in. "I hate you."

-

Iris and Stone. My German Shepherds. When I got them at the shelter, they were a pair. They had a sign up saying that they wouldn't sell them without the other.

They had different names back then, but I re-named them. They were babies so it wasn't that hard. They also cost me $100.

Iris was a blue german shepherd. And Stone was a black with tan.

I fell in love with them the moment I got them.

Lorenzo and me walk up to my friends house and knock on the door. A couple of seconds later, he opens the door.

Iris and Stone come crashing onto me. I almost fall back. "Sorry. I'm guessing they smelled you and Lorenzo's fear over here and came running to the door." My friend laughs.

"It's all good. I missed them." I say. He disappears into his house and comes back a minute later with their stuff.

Lorenzo and I leave after a few minutes of talking. Iris and Stone sit patiently in the back seats with their windows down, looking out of the car.

Enzo keeps looking back at them like they're planning a secret attack behind his back. "So what's with this Meredith chick? Why do you like her so much?" I say, trying to get his mind off my dogs.

"She's bold. I admire that about her. She knows what she wants and I don't doubt she can get it if she puts her mind to it." He pauses. "And she's—she's fucking great to look at. Her mind is beyond me. Her eyes tear me down. She's fucking incredible." My phone and his both get a notification at the same time.

Lorenzo checks his phone and mine.

"Speaking of, they need our help. Drop off those dogs and let's go." He hands me my phone and I see that they need us to pick up some stuff for them.

I drop off my dogs at their new home and change quick before hoping back into my car.

-

We took so many turns, but we're finally here. Arriving at Cassandra's house, I remember the last time I was here.

I look the doors to my truck and I see Enzo's already knocking. When I reach him, the door opens.

Meredith opens the door and Enzo looks stunned. Like can't move, too busy enjoying what he's seeing.

His eyes roam around her body and I look away, to see into the house.

I see stairs on the left and the living room on the right. The kitchen is also in view. With a kitchen island and a big circle table next to it.

That's when I notice that someone is coming down the stairs and it isn't long enough until I see Cassandra's face.

I don't care to look at what she's wearing when I see her. She notices Enzo and me and I can tell she didn't know we were gonna help. Or come.

She meets my eyes for a second before turning to see Enzo and Meredith. He whispers something in her ear and I see her stumble back.

My eyes stay on her. On her long wavy hair. Her dress. Her lipstick. There's a trickling thought in the back of my mind, that wants me to ruin it.

Her eyes meet mine and she looks ethereal. She doesn't seem real. She's too perfect to be real.

Except she is. She's here. She's real. She's right in front of me.

Enzo interrupts us by telling us if we'll get the stuff out of the car. Enzo and Meredith go outside. She gives me another glance before walking right next to me, following being Meredith.

And I smell her perfume. It's sweet like vanilla. Of course she smells like a fucking bakery. I slow down my heart rate before helping out.

It isn't long enough before her and I are in the same room together and there's no one around. She places the pizza boxes on the table before trying to walk past me again, but this time I grab her arm and pull her back.

I open my mouth to say something before stoping myself from embarrassing myself. She bites her lip trying to hold back her smile and I realize she's enjoying this.

She likes toying with me. Making me a fool for her. She looks like she's about to laugh in my face. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

Her face heats up, "God, you have no idea." She replies before freeing herself from my grasp and trying to go back outside.

I grab her arm again except this time her back is to my chest. She gasps. I feel her insides squirming. Waiting for me to touch her. Hoping for it.

I move her hair to one side. And I inch down, but not to kiss her. I want her to feel my breath against her skin. Her heartbeat increase as she's to scared to move.

She's yearning for me to touch her in anyway, but I won't. At least not yet. I—

I don't realize she took a step back before it was too late and her ass was pressed against my dick. Blood rushes through my dick and I swear I hear this girl laugh.

She leaves me, stunned, in her kitchen with a boner. God, she's good.

-

Enzo just punched someone in the face and went upstairs with Meredith, which I highly think they'll fuck in Cassandra's bed even though they said they wouldn't.

She sits on the couch, looking defeated. I sit next to her.

"Dark red." She says, no explanation whatsoever. "What?"

"That's my favorite color. Dark Red." I look at her. I'm intrigued. More than intrigued. I want to know more.

"There's just something about the color itself. It's beautiful and enchanting. It's all alluring." Like her.

"It gives a sense of power and danger. It's exciting." There's something that makes me inch my face towards her. "And fun." Our lips are close to connecting, and I can't wait.

Before I feel her lips touch mine, I see that she notices something at the door. I turn my head slightly to see my sister and Jackson.

Fucking Jackson. I see Cassandra smile at Maggie. Maggie looks fucking pissed and so does Jackson, but I could care less.

If they got me to touch Cassandra's lips just once? I'm all for it.

Cassandra smiles at me before our lips finally touch.

-

a/n: don't forget to vote and ily guys!!!! also two chapters in one night that's like my record right 😧😧

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.8K 3.7K 62
You all must have seen movies and read books about Love triangles. But this is not a triangle, It's a Rec-tangled. Lexi Wolf, Queen Bee of Pinewood H...
128K 5.1K 60
*COMPLETED* *EDITING ON PROCESS* "can you not be so horny for godsakes! I'm your bestfriend... remember?" I said throwing a fit, obviously panicking...
7.3K 132 26
Kendall has always lived a quiet life in a small town in Illinois with her family, friends, and boyfriend Jordan. Her life had been mostly happy othe...
7.5K 365 16
I awoke to shuffling in my room. I looked over to my alarm clock. 2:47. The hell? The shuffling comes closer to my bed and I tense when I see a shado...