Two worlds apart

By LeMayora07

When Jiang Cheng and his family moved to a new house to start over, he was expecting to have a peaceful life... More

The Attic, The Book and the The Mirror
I Met The Main Character!
The Suspicious Love Interest
A new chapter and new discovery
Unlocking A New Character
Beware Of Spoilers
Introduction Of The Younger Brother
The Plot Twist
When the roles are reversed
The Unexpected Crossover
Cigarettes and kisses are a recipe for disaster.
Oh, What happened to the righteous ones?
A parting gift from the ex love interest
Have I always been part of this story?
Unlocking a new location, Lanling Jin
The lost wanderer is finally found.

Am I The New Love Interest?!

1.5K 110 73
By LeMayora07

Jiang Cheng blinked stumbling back and he found himself in his attic, thankfully this time he was able to manage his steps and did not land on his ass.

He... Returned?

His gaze shifted on his reflection in the mirror and he slowly moved his hand to touch his lips, the scene earlier flashed on his mind again, The feeling of Lan Xichen's lips against his own is still burning, his soft and warm lips.. Jiang Cheng could not help how his ears felt warm and the color is slowly travelling on his cheeks. He was so caught up in recollecting the act that he wasn't able to hear the upcoming footsteps until the door in the attic slammed open and Wei Wuxian's head popped into view.

"Jiang Cheng! You Hoe!"

Jiang Cheng turned around to see the shit eating grin Wei Wuxian had on his face, and he knew that the gremlin will tease the living daylights out of him from this moment forward. True to his prediction Wei Wuxian showed him the book and inside it is an illustration, a clear image of him and Lan XiChen doing the.. the..

If Jiang Cheng’s face earlier is slightly flushed now it was turning as red as the tomato, he stomped forward and grabbed the book before shoving Wei Wuxian's head down

"Get the hell out of here you little shit!"

"Wait! Hey! Ill fall!  What the hell--"

Wei Wuxian's protests died down once Jiang Cheng successfully pushed his head down and immediately shut the door he sat on top of it while Wei Wuxian continued banging underneath “Jiang Cheng! Let me in! it wasn’t that bad okay! Come on!”

“Fuck off!”

“Fine! But you cant lock yourself there forever~”

Taking a deep breath he started fumbling on his robes, hearing Wei Wuxian’s footsteps receding the staircase he managed to take out his lighter and cigarette, placing the stick between his lips and while he was trying to light it his gaze landed on the book that was lying on the floor, his cheeks heated up once again and he groaned. "Why is this happening?" it was a genuine question, because what the actual fuck was that?!

He stood up and successfully lit his cigarette taking a deep drag of nicotine to calm his nerves though that did not stop him from pacing and running his fingers through his hair. Shaking his head, he suddenly chuckled.

“Alright calm down, that was not real.. just a character from the book no need to be so affected by it”

“I mean He is not real.. Lan Xichen is not real , just a character! a kind , understanding and very handsome character that had a very nice pair of eyes… and ..soft lips..”

Jiang Cheng shook his head and continued circling around as he smoke.

“No! no ..nope don’t think about that! Calm down just.. finish your smoke then get a grip of your life"

So after finishing two sticks he deemed himself calm enough and picked up the book when he finally decided to come down stairs to face another challenge, namely his siblings. He sneaks down to his bedroom to changed into a more comfortable clothes and hid the book, secure the evidence.

But he knew he could not stay in his bedroom forever so with a deep breath he prepared himself to face the battle and went downstairs.. he is thirsty as fuck too! Once he arrived at the dining area, Wei Wuxian and Jiang Yanli looked at him with knowing smiles and before any of them can say something he already gave them a pointed look

"Dont!"

"Aww come on dont be shy! Look we weren't expecting it too! Even A-Jie squealed so hard!" Wei Wuxian grabbed his wrist guiding him towards the table, of course leave it to Wei Wuxian being nosy, Jiang Cheng can feel a headache forming.

"Just in time because I will reheat our dinner" Jiang Yanli chuckled as she stood up and went to the kitchen just behind their table so she was still able to hear their conversation.

"How long was I gone?" Jiang Cheng asked looking at the clock.

"Er... Probably five hours or so" Wei Wuxian shrugged.

Five hours huh? Jiang Cheng felt like he stayed there longer than he should, Jin Ling handed him a glass of water and he gave the kid a small pat on the head and thanked him before finishing the glass, damn he was really thirsty.

"Sooo... How was it?" Wei Wuxian smirked leaning closer to him acting like a nosy neighbor who wanted all the tea they could get.

"How was what?" Jiang Cheng of course turned to the most Jiang Cheng way of answering, play pretend, deny and deny till you make it

"You know the.." Wei Wuxian pursed his lips and started making kissing noises. Jin Ling laughed at this because Wei Wuxian looked stupid and Jiang Cheng would make fun of him if the gesture is not directed towards him, so instead of mocking him his face betrayed him because his cheeks flushed red and he decided kicking his brother on the knee under the table will be sufficient enough.

"Shut up!"

“Ow!”

“ A-Xian stop teasing A-Cheng..” Jiang Yanli quipped behind them and Jiang Cheng made a small sigh of relief, God bless his sister for saving his ass.

“.. look, his face is as red as this tomato Im peeling he might explode soon” She added with a small laugh.

Jiang Cheng wanted to take it back! His sister just threw him under the bus! He had no one on his side in this house! The betrayal!

"On a serious note, though, it seems that Lan Xichen fell for you... Quite hard if I must say" Wei Wuxian replied as he stood up and helped prepare the dishes on the table.

"We just met how is that even possible? Maybe he is confused?" Jiang Cheng shrugged, cause honestly that was way too fast! Also there is still Meng yao .. did he really fucked up the story?

"Confused? Why would you kiss someone if you are confused? Lan Xichen doesn’t seem to be that type of person. Besides he was so jealous of Nie Mingjue he broke his chopsticks with his bare hands!" Wei Wuxian shook his head and Jiang Cheng raised a brow at that.

Lan Xichen was jealous? When did that happen? What the fuck.

"But some protagonists from novels sometimes fell in love on early chapters too right?" Jiang Yanli asked placing the food on the table and sat down beside Jin Ling filling his small plate with food.

"A-Jie had a point unless its a slow burn but this might not be the case. This book had a very few chapters and Lan XiChen did not fall that fast to Meng Yao so.. Theres that and like you said it might be totally unfinished, there are things we didn’t know yet. So many plot holes A-Cheng" Wei Wuxian added.

Jiang Cheng frowned and looked at his food as he took in the words of Wei Wuxian, if there were plot holes from the original novel now that he messed things up everything became thrice as complicated as it is, he technically became a character in the book too and if  that’s the case then..
"Would that mean Im... gonna be his partner?"

"Seems like it or the second lead, Meng Yao is still there and he is the original love interest even though we knew what he did to Lan Xichen, So Jiang Cheng! Do your best to steal the main character in your arms!" Wei Wuxian replied.

“Shut it! That doesn’t work that way! At the end of the day they aren’t real..”

Wei Wuxian and Jiang Yanli exchanged gazes, seeing that the sad look that flashed on their little brother’s face.

“But you never kno—”

"By the way boys, I will be start working next week" Jiang Yanli interrupted and slightly shook her head when Wei Wuxian looked at him, She did not want to push the conversation further seeing that it seemed to put Jiang Cheng in a sour mood. "A-Ling will be back to school next week too, and I can’t stay on leave for too long"

"No problem, I’ll take care of A-Ling since I work from home it will be easier for me anyways. How about you A-Cheng?" Wei Wuxian glanced at Jiang Cheng.

"I'm still on leave, I have two weeks left, I can probably pick up A-ling after my shift. for now since I’m free I can drop him over school too" Jiang Cheng continued eating as he glanced at Jin Ling giving the kid a high five.

"What about the Lan Xichen matter?" Wei Wuxian asked and Jiang Cheng shook his head.

“Well I suppose I have to finish this book before my work starts and if not.. then that’s fine, you guys are my priority after all”

“Alright, thank you A-Cheng” Jiang Yanli reached out and gave his hand a gentle pat “lets continue our dinner boys”

.

.

After their dinner and washing the dishes Jiang Cheng bid good night to them as he headed to his room, he was tired and he just wanted to plop into a comfortable and soft bed so he could think properly so once he arrived at the room he did exactly that he lay down and opened the book as he started reading the contents. Just reviewing it, any case he missed something that he did not see while he was there. Though most of It were written exactly how it happened except it was all from Lan Xichen's point of view and reading it now feels weird because it felt like he was invading Lan Xichen’s personal thoughts, add the fact that most of it is about him.

‘Jiang Cheng’s eyes reflected the sunlight and it made Lan Xichen appreciate the beautiful blue orbs the longer he stared at it’

‘Lan Xichen is impressed, his companion is a fast learner, Jiang Cheng is not only beautiful he is also smart and full of wits , had a very unique way of speaking and thinking that did not seem to bother Lan Xichen, as a matter of fact it added to his alure that he could not look away from him’

Jiang Cheng’s face started to heat up and he closed the book as if he was burnt, he could not go through reading it any further. The hell! The hell!! Why is this like this? He didn't even know what to feel..

Embarrassed, pleased, disbelief? There are so much going on right now.

Jiang Cheng knew he doesn’t look that bad, he does have a few admirers here and there but usually those people gets turned off with his straight forward attitude and rude mouth. It was weird knowing someone who describes him so poetically, then again Lan Xichen is that kind of person. He sees the best of people and very genuine with his care. Just thinking about the man made Jiang Cheng reach out to trace his lips with his fingers, but before it made contact he paused and placed his hand on his forehead instead.

“Get a grip Jiang Cheng, They aren’t real. Don’t get too attach”  he murmured before closing his eyes, he was hoping Lan Xichen would give him a break even on his sleep.

.

.

.

Jiang Cheng woke up early in the morning, took Jin Ling to his school since Wei Wuxian is still asleep and he had nothing better to do so he volunteered taking his nephew.

It was his first day after they also transferred Jin Ling to the nearest elementary school so Jiang Cheng wanted to make sure he will be taken care of while his sister went to the market.

While Wei Wuxian took care of getting their new house he was the one who went to look for a nearby school, he was thankful that the place they found to settle in is near his work place.

When he came back to the house Wei Wuxian already prepared their breakfast and they had a small chat about their next plans of renovating the house. So far some paint and woods is needed but other than that they already settled and took care of the leaks and yard outside.

When n they finished Wei Wuxian asked if Jiang Cheng will visit Lan Xichen today, to be honest he was a little skeptical on returning but Wei Wuxian urged him to go if he wanted to. As much as he wanted to not meddle there any longer he could also sit still knowing what will happen to Lan Xichen, that he will be in danger, he didn't want him to die so he decided to return.

Jiang Cheng changed again on the robes that Lan Xichen lent him but this time he also bought a bag with him, inside is a lunch box Jiang Yanli prepared for Lan Jingyi after all Jiang Cheng promised the brat some fried chicken and he is a man of his words so the kid will get his damn chicken. He also took few essentials with him and also.. his gun. Well just in case you wil never know when trouble would occur, better to be safe.

He placed his palm on the mirror and the familiar ripple of the surface indicates that the door had been activated, Jiang Cheng stepped in and as he travelled through the portal he stumbled outside the mirror that was in the Hanshi, Jiang Cheng had to steady his footing and he was actually getting a hang of dimensional travel now, not landing on his ass is an achievement after all. He started to look around and it seems that Lan Xichen is nowhere to be found he was probably called in a meeting,  seeing that there was a unfinished tea and some brushes that are neatly placed in a holder. There are also several documents and a canvass in the table that was covered with a soft cloth.

Was Lan Xichen painting?

Curiosity got the better of Jiang Cheng and he looked around again to make sure he was alone before he slowly reached down, using his thumb and index finger he slowly peeled the cloth to take a peek behind the canvass only to see a painting... Of himself. He marveled at it for a moment, breath hitching as he observed the art.

Damn it, is this what Lan Xichen was doing while he was away?

Jiang Cheng placed the cloth down covering it again and to calm himself. Just pretend that he didn't see anything and ignore it as usual. he started looking around pretending he didn’t see the canvass and deciding to wait for Lan Xichen. He took out his pack of cigarette, slipping a stick between his lips he was as about to light it.

However he heard footsteps approaching the vicinity, at first he thought it was only Lan Xichen but it seems there is another person with him, he could faintly hear their voice which is a little surprising considering they are still some distance away. Well it doesn’t matter because the other person seems to be Meng Yao.

Jiang Cheng immediately moved and looked around only to spot a cabinet sliding it open he was assaulted by a familiar scent, he realized that it was Lan Xichen’s wardrobe all his white robes were carefully hanged inside. With no time to waste he stepped in, curled into a ball and slid the door shut just in time the door in the Hanshi opened, the room was immediately filled with their voices and footsteps.

"Xichen, its been almost a week and there is still no sign of young Master Jiang?"

"He will be back, that’s for certain.. he had to leave in hurry last time... Tea?" Lan Xichen asked.

"Yes, thank you" Meng Yao replied as he sat down "All I’m saying is that, we barely knew this person.. They appear and disappear out of nowhere isn't that suspicious already?"

"I understand your worries A-Yao but I assure you Jiang Cheng meant no harm." Replied Lan Xichen as he went to reheat the tea he had been brewing earlier before he got called by his Uncle and met Meng Yao on his way back.

"Xichen.. You have been bewitched by that person, even Lan Wangji is getting worried" he stated.

Jiang Cheng made a small offended noise after hearing that and rolled his eyes, he was definitely not seducing Lan Xichen in fact he was helping the man hook up to Meng Yao and he was being accused of seducing him?!

Excuse fucking me! the urge to come out and throttle this midget is really tempting.

Why is he hiding in the first place like he was some sort of a mistress?!

There was a small sigh from Lan Xichen as he replied "I shall talk to Wangji then to assure him.. I can’t say much about Jiang Cheng, his circumstances are a little... Difficult. But I do trust him"

"You trusted a man you barely knew?"

"Yes.. Just like how I trusted you before" Lan Xichen stated and that made Meng Yao pause for a while he before he responded.

"... I just want you to be careful, you are important to me Xichen"

The way Meng Yao said it made Jiang Cheng curious, there was softness in his voice and he slowly pushed the doors just a small crack to see what was going on and boy it made his brow twitch, making him curl his fist.

On the table they sat across each other and Meng Yao is cradling Lan Xichen's hand on his own stroking it, Jiang Cheng almost pushed open the door but he halted.

Wait! Why is he getting mad? Isn’t this perfect? The love interest is making a move! The story will progress to its original plot, he shouldn’t get mad about this. Its his goal to get them together and save Lan Xichen, so it’s a win win situation!

"Thank you A-Yao.. You are important to me as well… just like Wangji and Mingjue I want you all not to worry about me, Jiang Cheng is a good man” Lan Xicheng replied as he gave Meng Yao’s hand a gentle pat before standing up to fetch the pot of tea.

It seems that the answer is not what Meng Yao had  in mind as he sat there staring at the canvass that was covered with cloth, just like Jiang Cheng the man also got curious and made a small peek inside before Lan Xichen arrived.

“Lets have some tea" he placed the tray down and handed him the cup of tea, Meng Yao murmured a small thanks and smiled at him before flinching as he dropped the cup "Hot!" he hissed and held his hand.

"Are you alright?!" Lan Xichen is immediately by his side to check his hand "it was slightly red but other than that it should be okay"

"Yes thank you, I was surprised. Un.." They glanced at the canvas; the cloth that was covering it is soaked ruining the painting underneath it. "Oh, Im so sorry Xichen I didn't mean--"

Lan Xichen stared at the ruined painting before he replied "Its fine. Leave it"

The response made Jiang Cheng blink, it was a very unusual reply, cold and sharp. There was no hint of patience in it, even cutting off Meng Yao in the middle of talking which is against their rules. Lan Xichen had always been polite and even if you spilled the drink on his robes he would probably smile and assure you it was fine, but this…. There is no assurance, no smile and Jiang Cheng could sense he was pissed despite not saying it out loud.

Meng Yao probably sensed this shift as well because finally he shut that pretty big mouth of his after he purposely dropped that cup, of course Jiang Cheng knew that was in purpose like he saw the face he made when he saw who was in the painting.

"Its just something I’ve been making these past few days, It's not perfect and I ought to redo it again, perhaps nothing could really compare the real beauty, even I can’t recreate it"

"I see" Meng Yao replied coldly.

Jiang Cheng felt the tips of his ears turn red and he finally just leaned against the surface of the wood and curled in the cramp space, it would probably take some time before this two wrap up their conversation and he had no intention of eavesdropping any longer, so he decided to just close his eyes for a moment and probably just wait for them to be done.

The next thing that Jiang Cheng realized is he dozed off and he can hear footsteps approaching his hiding place which gave him a start, he immediately looked up when the door was opened and the first thing he came face to face with is a patch of skin. His eyes trailed up into those exposed skin up to a toned chest and then to Lan Xichen’s face.

"Jiang Cheng? What are you doing here?!"

Lan Xichen’s his eyes widened and so does Jiang Cheng's own as he immediately stood up banging his head on top of the cabinet, he forgot that it was not a big hiding place.

“Fuck!” he reached out to rub his head and Lan Xichen immediately reached out to place his hand on top of his head to shield him from further self-inflict injury.

“Are you alright?’

“Yeah, Im good” Jiang Cheng finally had  a good look at Lan Xichen It seems that the other man just finished taking a bath, his hair is still wet and he was only wearing his inner pants. Jiang Cheng looked away holding his back pack as he stayed still. "I was here earlier but you are talking with someone so I hid... Apparently I dozed off"

"You didn't have to hide" Lan Xichen looked at him with a small frown.

"It would be suspicious if I suddenly appeared out of nowhere and in your room no less" he shifted his gaze back at the exposed chest and looked away trying to focus to anywhere but that.

"Erm.. Your robes?"

"Oh.." Lan Xichen looked up to him and smiled "You are in my closet" he gestured at the robes that was behind him and Jiang Cheng looked back with a frown, he wanted to mentally smack his head and immediately stepped away from the closet.

"Sorry" he murmured and turned around staring at the floor to give Lan Xichen some privacy as he dressed, in the meantime he decided to place the bag on the table as he waited. He would probably have to reheat this now before giving Jingyi his lunch box.

"What’s that?" Lan Xichen asked, peering behind him lips hovering next to his ear as he fixed his robes.

Jiang Cheng’s whole body shuddered and he immediately side stepped putting distance between them.

“It’s a bag, for storage” Jiang Cheng explained showing him the item.

“It looks strange” Lan Xichen observed as he held the item turning it here and there inspecting it like a cat.

Jiang Cheng chuckled seeing the curious look on Lan Xichen’s face he finally helped the man understand the item he was holding “here there is a zipper, it is a tool used to seal the bag. It’s very easy you just pull this tiny holder and slide it through… okay yes, just like that”

“That’s very impressive” Lan Xichen murmured as he peeked inside the bag Jiang Cheng took out a plastic container, the same one he brought last time and Lan Xichen raised a brow silently asking a question what it was for.

"Uh.. Chicken wings for Jingyi, I promise the kid I’ll bring him the best chicken wings so my sister made it for him" He will try and reheat this after all he was able to harness using his qi even just a tiny bit, enough to use a  talisman.

"Nothing for me?" Lan Xichen asked a small pout on his lips as he kept looking through the bag.

"I gave you some last time don’t be greedy" Jiang Cheng replied crossing his arms.

"That was last week, today is different. So where is mine?" Lan Xichen smiled at him and Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes.

"There is nothing yours in here"

"Yet" Lan Xichen replied, eyes fixed into his direction.

"...."

Jiang Cheng definitely knew the indication behind those words and he only scoffed, it made Lan Xichen smile as he went through the items on the bag.

The smug bastard.

“Oh what is this? Its pretty heavy” Lan Xichen took out his… gun.

“Wait! No put that down!” Jaing Cheng screeches and it surprised Lan Xichen that he stood still. “Give that to me, slowly” Jiang Cheng reached out and slowly took the gun away from Lan Xichen’s hand, he almost forgot he brought it with him!

“Alright… what is that?” Lan Xichen said, finally keeping his hands to himself, Jiang Cheng looked frightened earlier so it must be something dangerous.

“It’s a weapon. I told you im an officer, right? You have your sword we have this and one mistake of pulling the trigger you go … ” Jiang Cheng made a gesture, placing two of his fingers on his temple “Bang! Like a firework but in your head”

Lan Xichen nodded, he understood the implications of it. “Sounds very dangerous indeed, how does it work?”

“Well this thing is equip with a bullet im not going to explain what it was made of but its loaded inside so once you pull this trigger it will fire and if you get hit in the vital area then you are done for” Jiang Cheng secured the gun back to his bag.

“To think a small thing could do such damage”

“Oh trust me that’s not the smallest weapon we have, there is this one that’s called grenade just the size of my fist and if the trigger goes off then it could blow down a small building and get a lot of people killed”

Lan Xichen nodded. “Must be tough for your work”

Chuckling Jiang Cheng nodded “Yeah, My Mother was against it, She wanted me to take over our family business or just get a regular office job or something. But I always wanted to be an officer since I was young, I don’t know its just something I know I have to do when I grow up and well she slowly learned to accept it”

“No mother would want their children to work on a dangerous environment, but I am certain your Mother eventually understands that you wanted to protect her “

“Yeah” Jiang Cheng started to stroke the ring on his finger as he recalled his Mother, Yu Ziyuan is such a fierce woman and someone that Jiang Cheng admired. “She can protect herself though, she is quite skilled and taught me some martial arts, how do you think I could handle myself with you and Nie Mingjue when it comes to fist fight?”

Lan Xichen nodded “She sounds lovely, does she know you visit here?”

“She is not around anymore .. She uh died "

“Oh im sorry… “ Lan Xichen replied and slowly reached out to give Jiang Cheng’s hand a gentle pat.

Jiang Cheng looked up to Lan Xichen and shook his head, it was still hard for him but he had to be strong for his siblings and also to little Jin Ling.  “Its okay don’t worry im working my way on that but for now, do you have those heating talisman and ill give this to Jingyi”

“Here” Lan Xichen welcomed the shift of conversation, it seems that Jiang Cheng is not ready to share that story with him so he handed him a talisman.

“Thanks” Jiang Cheng reached out and stuck the talisman on the container as he channeled his spiritual energy into activating it. “Woah I think im getting the hang of it”

“That’s great, you are a fast learner after all.. Besides it seems that your spiritual energy flourish a lot ”

“ Alright ill take this to Jingyi, where is that brat anyways” Once he was done Jiang Cheng packed the container again and secured his bag into Lan Xichen’s closet where he hid earlier, he started walking towards the door and noticed that Lan Xichen is following him around. He stood by the door for a while pondering until he turned to face Lan Xichen.

Better discuss the elephant in the room than delaying it.

“About what happened yester—I mean before I disappeared” He murmured and Lan Xichen immediately understood what he meant and nodded at him.

“Ah that.. I would like to apologize if it made you uncomfortable”

“ No—I mean, I was surprised”

Lan Xichen moved closer to him trapping him between the door “I meant every words that I said back there” He whispered, placing a hand next to Jiang Cheng’s head “I’ve been waiting for you, I got scared thinking that you wont appear again “

“You seemed so certain, What if Meng Yao is right and im only bewitching you”

“ Then I’ve fallen for you spell” Lan Xichen reached out to stroke his cheek and Jiang Cheng grabbed his wrist stopping him.

“Im serious Lan Xichen! You can’t just possibly fall for me that fast, right? I mean we barely knew each other and I came from  a different world so it doesn’t make sense right? ”

The respond he made did not sit well with Lan Xichen and he stepped back giving Jiang Cheng the space he needed and he shook his head. “ No Jiang Cheng I am certain with what I feel. At first I thought Meng Yao is the one that is meant for me but when I saw you… I just know, its you”

“Well that’s because Meng Yao is supposed to be your love interest! This is where the story should be! And I am redirecting it! I mean for fucks sake you aren’t even real!” he hissed, and the moment that left his mouth he immediately regretted those words  because Lan Xichen looked hurt but that expression did not last because he squared up his shoulders taking a step forward again.

“Then why do you keep coming back? What compels you to keep coming back Jiang Cheng? If I am not real why are you here?” this time Lan Xichen grabbed Jiang Cheng's hand as he tugged him closer to him “I never believed your story about the book, its too far fetch and ridiculous however I could not deny that you are someone from a different world, that's more possible for me to believe ”

“Then why did you keep me here if you didn’t believe me”

“ I just had this nagging thought that if I didn’t keep you I might not see you again, besides you have nowhere to go and I cant bear to just send you away”

“ …. “

“ Jiang Cheng” Lan Xichen placed Jiang Cheng’s palm against his chest “You can feel that right? Its my heart beat, I’m here, breathing and standing in front of you.. I know I exist and not just a character that was made up by someone's imagination... So listen to it, listen to my heart beat"

Jiang Cheng looked at Lan Xichen before his gaze trailed down on his hand and the slow steady rise and fall of Lan Xichen’s chest against his palm, his warmth and his heart beat. The feeling of his body and the memory of that kiss all of it... Feels real.

Lan Xichen is real.

"Do you still believe that I'm not real?"

“No…”

That reply made Lan Xichen smile and he sighed before pulling him closer, slowly encasing Jiang Cheng in a hug, to prove him that he was real, that he is here and he will cherish this man no matter what.

“Don’t disappear on me like that again Jiang Cheng”

"I can't promise that" 

-

-------------------------------------

A/N

Hi! Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed that, I made the chapter a bit longer to make up for my absence I do apologise for the delay. There has been a lot of things going on, orginizing and attending some events and participating on Xicheng zines and exchange gifts so my hands are quite plenty, there's also work life.

I thank everyone for their patience with me and liking this story! Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 215 18
Wei Ying is living with Lan Zhan for years now in Gusu Lan. Everything went quiet good after their marriage. But one day, unexpected thing happens...
422K 18.3K 97
This story starts after Wei Wuxian was thrown in Burial Mounds by Wen Chao and other Wens. But this time, when he came back from Burial Mounds, he d...
81.5K 2.6K 14
From my aO3: qiao_wy three(3) years after Wei Wuxian's death, everyone in the cultivation world we're doing their daily life routine, until beaming l...
11.1K 435 20
Jiang cheng deep down loves his sworn brother (wuxian ) if Wuxian had every one turn thier back on him even his husband lan zhan at guanyin temple a...