Halstead Sister One Shots

By oneChicago2000

This is a bunch of one shots following the life of Gracie Halstead. She lives with her brothers Jay and Will... More

Forbidden Party Part 1
Forbidden party part 2
Homework
Thunder Storm
First Period
Mugged
Not An Update! Requests!
AN help!
Judith
Skipping School
Followed
Bedtime Tantrum
A Bit About The Halsteads
Aesthetics
Bullied
The Friends Of Firemen Barbecue
Mothers Day
Bored
Smoking
Pretending to be sick
Halstead Apartment
Gracies Seventh Birthday
The Car Incident
Gracie gets caught
A Regular Day In Lockdown
Gracie Gets Sick
Kidnapped
Scared For Jay
Football Watch Party
Arrested
Fainting
AN Requests
A Date?!
A Date?! Part 2
The Bank Robbery
Gracie Needs Glasses
Jay Gets Shot
Gracie Makes a Run For It
Shoplifting
Broken Bones
Swearing
Jay and Hailey What?!
Fire Alarm
Grocery Store Tantrum
Dyslexia?
Smoking Again?!
I Hate Her!
Pregnant?!
The Zoo
Mothers Day Picnic
Ruined Homework
Supply Teacher
Not Fair!
Introducing The Boyfriend
Missing Money
A Not So Secret Admirer
Adam Babysits
The Audition
AN-Opinions!
Running Away
Instagram
Instagram Part 2
Instagram Part 3
Medicine
Opening Night
Tooth Fairy
Abused
But What Does It Mean?
Fighting
Gracies First Breakup
Trick Or Treat
Stella's Birthday
That Time Of The Month
Late Nights And Bad Attitudes
The Break In
Instagram Part 4
Instagram Part 5
I WANT IT
Nightmare
AN
Do You Love Me?
To Old For Spanking
Broccoli
Sneaking Out
The Dress
Christmas Eve
I Don't Wanna Go To School
Scraped Knees And Bandaids
The Playground Mega Tantrum!
Instagram Part 6
Expelled Part One
Expelled Part Two
Overtired
Truth or Dare
Anxiety?! Part One
A Six Year Old In Lockdown
Car Theft
CPD Family Picnic
A Weekend Away and A Lost Bunny?
Instagram Part 7
Instagram Part 8
Hawaii Part One
Hawaii Part 2 (Final Part)
Aprils Birthday Surprise
Bad Advice
Hit By a Car?!
Nine Going On Nineteen
Prom
Hormones
How It Started
Fathers Day
Hailey Puts Her Foot Down
Instagram Part 9
Instagram Part 10
Instagram Part 11
Toothache
Hyper
Fake ID
The Crayola Adventure
Reading
Trouble At The Diner
Instagram Part 12
Instagram Part 13
Monsters
Allergic Reaction
Bathtime Tantrum
Chores = Allowance
A Day At 51
Instagram Part 14
Instagram Part 15
Instagram Part 16
Instagram Part 17 (Disney Edition)
Christmas Party Tantrum Part 1
Christmas Party Tantrum Part 2
NOT AN UPDATE! HELP!
Updated Halstead Apartment
Skipping School 2
Christmas Day
Running In To The Road
Sick At School
The Evil Dance Teacher
The Ice Cream Fit
Wedding Reception Disaster
Instagram Part 18
Shots
Will Doesn't Spank
Push and Shove
Homesickness
Instagram Part 19
You Better Be Sick
Quality Time
Mood board/ AN
Cheating

Stage Fright

2.8K 61 15
By oneChicago2000

Gracies POV (7 Years Old)

"Gracie" I heard Will call from the kitchen "c'mon or we're gonna be late" he insisted.

"Coming" I replied as I switched off my bedroom light and met Will in the hallway.

"Ready to go?" He asked as he zipped his coat up and I nodded. We walked out of our apartment and made our way to my school where Jay was already stood by the doors waiting.

"Jay" I exclaimed as I let go of Wills hand and ran over to my other brother who was quick to pick me up.

"Here's the star of the show" He greeted as he planted a kiss on my cheek "are you ready?" He asked and I nodded nervously.

"I think so" I shrugged as he placed me back on the floor.

"Of course you are" Will encouraged as he gave my shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

I took hold of his outstretched hand and we all walked in to the school and over to the hall which had a small stage set up at the front.

"Good luck sweetheart" Will said as he gave me a kiss on the top of my head.

"You've got this Gracie" Jay assured as he copied Wills actions before leaving me with my teacher.

It was around ten minutes or so of waiting in the classroom before the teacher had us all line up and walk out in to the hall. I searched the crowd and soon located both of my brothers sitting on the third row back from the front, along with Hailey who had arrived late.

I sat down with the rest of my classmates on the stage, watching and applauding the soloists and singing as a class. As the time came closer to my solo I could feel the nerves begin to build up in my stomach. What if everyone hates it? What if I mess up? What if everyone laughs at me?

"And next up we have Gracie Halstead singing 'part of that world' from the little mermaid." I heard my teacher announce.

I could hear the sound of everyone clapping as my teacher turned to me with an encouraging smile. My eyes widened as the clapping died down. I shook my head making my teacher frown slightly. I locked eyes with Will in the audience and he gave me an encouraging smile and mouthed 'you can do this'. But...I don't think I can. I stood up from my chair and ran off the stage with tears in my eyes.

"Ok, why don't we go straight on to our next talented performer, Benjamin who I-" I could hear my teacher continue but I blocked out the rest as I ran back in to the classroom and began to pace around in a panic. I'm in so much trouble. I can't believe I just did that!

"Hey, what happened out there?" I heard a voice ask and I turned around to see Jay walking over to me making my tears increase.

"Please don't be mad at me I got really scared and I didn't know what to do but now I'm in trouble and I don't get to do my song which I wanted to do but I got to scared so I ran off an-" Jay cut me off before my rambling could continue.

"Gracie Gracie Gracie" He soothed as he pulled me closer to him "Take a breath. You're not in trouble" he assured.

"But I ran off and everyone saw me" I cried as my brother continued to rub soothing circles on my back.

"I know, but that's ok" he replied "everyone gets scared sometimes" he reminded "most people wouldn't even be able to stand up on that stage" he said. Just then there was a knock on the door.

"Sorry to interrupt" my teacher, Miss Adams, said as she slowly walked in to the room "are you ok Gracie?" She asked as I rubbed the tears away from my eyes.

"I got scared" I hiccuped and she smiled sympathetically making my tears increase once again.

"Hey, c'mon" Jay said as he lifted me on to his lap "you where really looking forward to this Gracie" he reminded.

"If you would like to, you can still perform for everyone" Miss Adams offered and Jay looked down at me.

"Do you want to have a go?" He asked me and I shrugged.

"What if I get the words wrong?" I asked nervously.

"Gracie, you've been singing this song around the house since you could talk. You know the words" He assured and I looked down at my fingers nervously "hey" Jay said as he lifted my chin up to look him in the eyes "you can do this Gracie. You can do anything you want to. Sure it might be scary but you're brave. That means you push through the fear and smash it out of the park anyway" he explained "I know you Gracelyn Halstead and if you let this get the better of you then you're gonna regret it. Huh?" He asked as he squeezed my arm lightly. I nodded my head in reluctant agreement "so you're gonna go out there and blow everyone away with that beautiful singing voice of yours and you're gonna have the time of your life" he finished "Okay?" He asked and I nodded once again; more assuredly this time round.

"Okay" I agreed making my teacher smile at us,

"Amazing" She said "I'll give you five minutes to sort those tears out and when I see you side stage you can do your song" she explained before leaving.

Jay took me to the toilets to wash my face and blow my nose before we both walked to the side of the stage. Miss Adams turned and smiled at us both before turning back to the audience.

"Now, to finish our show we have the wonderfully brave Gracie Halstead singing 'part of your world' from the little mermaid" she announce. The sound of claps and cheers from Will and Hailey could be heard coming from the audience and Jay gave me one last reassuring squeeze of the shoulder.

"Go on, you can do this Gracie" He encouraged. I took a deep breath before walking out on to the stage and stopping in front of the microphone. The music began to play and I looked over to Will and Hailey who where beaming with pride.

"You got this Gracie" Hailey shouted and Will cheered making me smile.

A few minutes later

"Wish I could be. Part of that world." I sang the last note and seconds later applause and cheers filled the room. Will and Hailey where on their feet and I looked over to Jay in the wings to see him smiling from ear to ear and clapping along with the audience.

"That was amazing Gracie" Miss Adams praised in to the microphone "take a bow" she said and I did a quick little bow before running off the stage in to the arms of Jay. He lifted me off the floor and span me around making me giggle.

"I did it Jay" I exclaimed energetically.

"I'm so proud of you sweetheart" he said making my heart swell "you where absolutely amazing" he praised.

After a few more moments of talking from my teacher the show was finally over and I was quick to go and locate Will and Hailey in the audience.

"Did you hear me singing Hailey? I didn't get any of the words wrong!" I exclaimed making her smile proudly.

"You where beautiful Gracie" she praised. I turned around and Will picked me up, planting a kiss on my cheek.

"I'm very proud of you kiddo" he said making my smile widen,

"I could hear you and Hailey cheering over everyone else" I giggled.

"Of course, you where the best one up there" Will replied "just like a real princess" he added.

"I think you'll find, with that voice, that she is a real princess" Jay added.

"I can't wait for another show so I can do more singing" I said making everyone laugh.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself" Will said as he placed me on the floor and helped me put my coat on.

"Are you coming to our house for a sleepover Hailey?" I asked as she also put her coat on.

"Well I was planning on going home bu-" I cut her off before she could continue.

"Pleaseeeeeeee" I pleaded, putting my best puppy dog eyes in to action.

"How can I say no to that face" She said with a light sigh making me smile,

"YAY" I exclaimed as I jumped up and wrapped my arms around her.

"C'mon then. It's getting late and you've got gymnastics in the morning" Will reminded.

I grabbed hold of both my brothers hands and swung so my feet left the floor as we walked out on to the street, beginning the short walk back to our apartment feeling very proud of myself.

AN! I hope you all enjoyed a fluffy Jay! It's a bit of a short one but I think it may be one of my favourites! What do you think?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 259 25
What if Jay and Will Halstead has a sister?
105K 1.3K 24
Jay and Will halstead are happy for their baby sister to be back in Chicago, but maybe she isn't telling them everything. - Halstead Brothers •highe...
98.4K 1.2K 45
Hailey and Jay had been married a month and were settling into that life well. There were still a few bumps they experienced as they grew accustomed...
152K 2.5K 32
A series of Chicago P.D. themed one shots from my Tumblr account (+exclusive content for Wattpad only). Stories range from 1,000 to 3,000 (at most) w...