Invisible, Not Invincible

Od lowkeyloveloki7

Shy reader, gets even shyer. If that's even possible. Will She work up the nerve? Více

Chapter 1: Not Good at being Sneaky
Chapter 2: Trust
Chapter 3: Progress And The Unknown
Chapter 4: Disappearing Act
Chapter 6: Panicked Winter Puppy
Chapter 7: Unlocked
Chapter 8: Surprise
Chapter 9: Elevator Ride
Chapter 10: The Drop
Chapter 11: Physics Bitch
Chapter 12: Big, Green, And Misunderstood
Chapter 13: He Didn't Miss
Chapter 14: Green with Worry
Chapter 15: Viewing Room
Chapter 16: Happiness
Chapter 17: Hi Doll
Chapter 18: Puzzle Piece
Chapter 19: You're Staring
Chapter 20: Unanswered Questions
Chapter 21: A Sight To See
Chapter 22: Autopilot
Chapter 23: Hot Coco
Chapter 24: The Beginning
Chapter 25: So Fucking Wrong
Chapter 26: Waking Up
Chapter 27: Screams of the past
Chapter 28: Reigniting
Chapter 29: Why?
Chapter 30: The Raft
Chapter 31: Different and Alike
Chapter 32: No More Hiding

Chapter 5: Confirmation

4K 99 8
Od lowkeyloveloki7

Buckys POV:

It's been about a week since I arrived. Being in the compound was definitely different. It is taking me a while to adjust.

If it had been back before the way, Old Bucky would have adjusted pretty quickly to being a 'hero.' But now, I just don't see myself that way.

I am trying though.

I am trying to actually talk to people, to be a part of this family.

But one thing that has mainly been on my mind, is that girl.

Who is she? Why did no one bat an eye when an empty elevator opened, and a few minutes later was called back to the floor?

It was like, to everyone else, this was just a normal thing.

I really kept thinking, maybe I am losing my mind.

But then I remember seeing a sliver of a figure while the doors closed, that image kept me grounded, telling me, no I was not crazy.

"Steve?" I said as I walked into the kitchen, seeing Steve looking over some files.

"What's up, Buck?" He said while lifting his eyes from the document he was reading.

"How many people live here?"

Steve scrunched his eyebrows at my question, he shot me a quick look of confusion before returning to looking at the paperwork.

"Like in general? Including regular agents? Or like, the team?" He said as he licked his finger and flipped the page.

"Um, the team I guess."

"Some people only stay here when they work late, but I'd say... about 8?"

"So, who exactly?"

Steve put the papers in his hand down, looking at the ceiling, seemingly in thought.

"Well Clint only stays after a long mission, so he's not here all the time. Wanda and Vision. But I don't exactly know if Vision is classified as a person or not, so I don't know if he really counts. Peter's stayed a few times but his aunt prefers him to go home. There is me, you. Nat and Bruce. Tony stays here a lot. And... Yeah, that's about everyone."

I shook my head in understanding.

"Okay, thanks," I said while turning around to leave.

"Oh, and y/n," Steve said.

I don't think I have ever turned on my heels fast enough.

"Her!"

Steve seemed startled at my sudden reaction and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yea? What about her?" He said with a confused tone.

"Anything?" I said like he should have understood my confusion.

"She's.... Nice?" He said it as if he wasnt sure what I wanted to hear.

I rolled my eyes.

"Have I seen her?"

"I don't know, have you?"

"No, I wasn't even fully sure, until just now that she actually existed."

Steve let out a little laugh.

"Oh, my bad man. I guess I've just gotten so used to it that I didn't think about how confused you must have been."

I just blinked my eyes at him.

"Yeah, she does this sometimes. She's a very shy person. She can turn invisible. Though, she wasnt doing it around us anymore for a while. She's probably just a little nervous because you are new. She'll come around."

After that conversation with Steve, I kept seeing glances of her. Just flashes.

It's been another week and nothing.

I was talking to Steve again.

"Still nothing?" He said, regarding meeting you.

"No. I am starting to think it's me. Do you think I scare her?"

I was afraid maybe she had encountered the Winter Soldier and was afraid that I was still him.

Steve let out a breathy laugh under his breath and shook his head.

"How do you know?"

"Y/n is shy, but trust me, Buck, she isn't afraid of many things," Steve said this as if he knew from experience.

Just as I was bout to question him more.

"Quinjet, 5 Minutes."

Steve gave me a look and we both rushed our separate ways to get our things.

I walked onto the Jet, lost in thought about my first mission, blankly staring at my feet. I glanced around the jet, everyone was in their gear, scattered around the seats.

I silently observed everyone.

Wanda was sat on the other end of the Jet, with Vision standing near her but talking to Sam.

Wanda was talking to, seemingly, herself.

I don't know why, but this might be my only chance.

I got up from the seat I had taken, and walk towards Wanda, taking the seat directly across from them.

When I sat down, Wanda's eyes looked at me, stopping mid-conversation, a slight smirk on her face.

I tried my best to give her a smile. I know Y/n was there, I had to try to look approachable.

"Hello Bucky," She said my name with, maybe I would describe as mischief in her voice. She glanced at the seat next to her.

Regular Pov:

When Bucky got onboard, I did what I always fucking do, poof. Gone.

Damnit. Just the sight of this man makes me panic. Wanda had gotten used to it constantly happening recently. She continued talking to me.

I resumed actually listening to her, when, to my horror, mid-conversation with Wanda, Bucky came over and across from us.

My heart was beating like crazy.

Wanda smirked.

"Hello, Bucky." She said and glanced at where I was.

I am going to kill her.

But, bless him, Bucky tried to give a smile. It looked almost painful for him to do.

And it was adorable.

"Hi, Wanda?" He said as if he was trying to confirm whether I was there or not.

His eyes glanced at me, and If I didn't know any better, I could have sworn he could see me.

"What brings you over here, Bucky?" She said his name in a teasing tone.

I pinched her arm.

"Ow!" She glanced in my direction.

Bucky raised his eyebrows at seeing Wanda's reaction. It was like he just got confirmation of my presence.

"I just wanted to say... Hello?" He said it like he was trying to convince everyone, himself included that he was trying to show he was approachable.

Wanda kept talking to Bucky, which he seemed pretty uncomfortable with in the beginning but relaxed somewhat. Wanda just had a calming presence that made even the most cautious and nervous comfortable.

I didn't even realize we had taken off, but soon enough, Steve was gathering everyone around to explain some details.

After assigning some people their roles.

"Bucky, we need you to go in, stay undetected, and get the file. Then you will meet up with us"

Bucky nodded.

"Wanda and Y/n, you guys will get to the security room. Locate the target, and Nat and I will do the rest. We need to do this quietly, too many Hydra agents out there and they cannot know we know their next moves"

Everyone agreed.

Finally landing, everyone broke off into their respective groups.

Wanda and you made your way into the building pretty quickly. It was easy when you both could be invisible and Wanda could put people to sleep.

The security room was not that far from where you entered, so we were the first team to get to our location.

As soon as we entered the room, locking the door behind us, though no one would be able to sneak up on us since we could see the hallway through the security cameras.

Wanda began doing something with the computers.

The room was very simple. A few filing cabinets, and a coffee machine. And a large control panel with a bunch of monitors showing the entire facility through security cameras.

Wanda flipped through a couple of feeds to find the target when Bucky appeared on one of the screens, he was making his way down a hallway.

Wanda tapped her earpiece and told Steve and Nat where the target was located. She helped direct them, using the building schematics that were permanently adhered to the wall next to the control panel.

After many directions given to avoid different patrols, they entered the room with the target in it. Disappearing from our sight.

Just as Wanda let out a breath, having assisted in keeping Steve and Nat away from several patrols, narrowly.

I saw Bucky come into view again.

He had just turned into another long hallway, slowly making his way to the other end.

When I saw, not only were their armed patrols in the hallway he was making his way to but there were two scientists that appeared from the hallway he had previously been in, making their way towards his direction as well.

I slapped Wanda's arm, getting her attention.

"Shit."

She began looking at the schematics of the building trying to see if there was something there to help him. But it was an empty hallway, no doors, no windows, and no vents.

I watched in horror as the people were getting closer to Bucky's location.

"He's trapped"

Panicked.

I turned to Wanda,

"Tell him to get up against the wall, and don't make a sound."

Wanda turned her head to me, confusion and surprise on her face.

"Just do it"

Wanda brought her hand to her earpiece.

"Bucky, listen closely. Get up against a wall, don't make a sound. Quickly."

We watched in the monitor as Bucky listened to Wanda's voice, and then did as he was told.

I close my eyes, focusing.

I had never made someone else disappear from so far away AND out of sight.

This is better work.

I felt that feeling, the most intense it has ever been. My body began to feel like it was on fire, I could feel the sweat beginning to drip down my forehead. I could physically feel my energy leaving my body, searching for Bucky.

Then, like a key fitting into a lock, I felt my powers lock onto him. I opened my eyes, still holding that intense power, He was gone. I was doing it.

Just then, both the scientists and the guards turned into the hallway he was in.

They silently passed each other, giving a respected nod.

And just like that, both parties disappeared in their respective directions.

I let that connection break and watched as Bucky reappeared on the screen in front of me.

"All clear." Bucky looked up at the camera, then back down at his hands. Realizing what happened. But quickly resumed his mission.

Wanda shot up from the chair she was in,
"You did it!"

My breath was still labored, I gave her a weak 'thanks' smile.

The next thing I knew, I felt my body falling to the ground as the world faded to black. 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

78.9K 2.5K 27
She was a drug, and he was addicted. The small town she was desperate to get out of seemed much more tolerable when James 'Bucky' Barnes showed up. B...
70.1K 2.5K 15
Being in a toxic relationship has never been heathy for anyone. You happen to be stuck in one with Bucky Barnes who's newly heartbroken and thinks th...
4.8K 97 10
⚠️ DISCONTINUED AS OF 8-29-2021⚠️ (May pick it back up later on but most likely not) You were just a normal girl who did everything with your best fr...
4.4K 284 24
"I'm no good at picking up dames, that's for damn sure. But no one ever made me so nervous, and that's gotta mean something, Buck, if nothing else I'...