Guilty Pleasure

By gmaeewrites

18+| We are enemies. We didn't know. -|Book 2 of Sicilian series| Can be read standalone- More

Aesthetics
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26

25

276 3 1
By gmaeewrites

There is a moment of silence from the men being interrupted before the door knob starts to turn. I grip my gun into my hand , keeping it behind my back. The door creaks as it opens. A man stares at me questionably as I stare back with a smile.

In a quick motion , my hand moves from behind my back to where the barrel of the gun is pressed to the man's forehead. In my perepherial vision I see the two other men reach for their weapons on the table , meaning the man whose head is currently pressed to my gun is unarmed.  

I grab his shoulder and turn him around to face his friends and dig the barrel of my gun deeper into his scalp.

"Put them down," I direct my hand towards the table where they had picked up their weapons.

Reluctantly, they set their guns back down and step away from the table. 

Swiftly, I move my gun to point at the man on the right. Pull the trigger. Point to the man on the left. Pull the trigger. And, now my gun is back to guy's head that is standing infront of me.

"Sidorov!" I call out. The three guys come out from their spot and look into the room. 

"Check them for identification," I tell them. Alek and Kai walk around me to the corpses, digging into their pockets.

"Aaron Carter," Kai says, reading from a wallet.

"Pedro Ramsey," Alek says after.

I take my gun and put it in my waistband, looking up to the man infront of me. A long scar runs from the side of his nose acrossed his cheek.

"ID?" I ask him.

He sighs and reaches into his back pocket to grab a leather wallet and hands it over to me. The name inside reads Romeo Vitale, age forty- three. My eyebrows raise, "Romeo?"

I try my best to see if I recognize him as the Romeo I vividly remember as a child, but I don't.  

"That's what it says," his accent is laced with italian, he looks as if he is trying not to roll his eyes.

"You worked for my father, Lucian," I inform him.

His eyebrows draw together, "Donatella?"

I nod, "You- how could you betray your own family," my anger rises.

Romeo grinds his jaw, looking off behind me, "Sidorov...you tell me I betrayed family, look at who you are teaming with."

I clench my jaw so tight that I feel as if I could break through my teeth. 

"Guys, there's some people heading towards your room. Both ways," Aria says into our ears.

Damien, Alek, Kai, and I all make eye contact before I speak up, "Do not let Romeo get out of sight." 

A second later both doors open and all our guns are aimed at either entrance, which are now fill with men who are also aiming guns at us. 

You do not need to count to tell that we are outnumbered. My gun's barrel lowers slightly , now pointing at a guy's knee. 

I should probably think this through...

I pull the trigger.

Bullets fly through the room as bodies drop to the floor. My gun moves person to person take one and then another out until there's no one alive in either doorway.

I check to see Romeo is still here and that Damien and the guys are okay , which all is good.

I see a smile rise up on Damien's face but then suddenly it stops, his whole face drops. His eyes go down to his stomach where red is staining through his shirt. 

I rush up toward him and try my best to catch him as his body gives out on him. My hands shake as my hands hold over his as they cover the wound.

"Donatella!" my body is yanked off Damien and I scream trying to get away.

Kai's hands hold me tight and now I see the man in the doorway with the gun who had shot Damien. 

Damien coughs on the floor and I try to pull away from Kai but he just pulls me away. The man and a few others go towards Damien. I try to fight harder, wetness pours down my cheeks as I beg Kai to let me go. The men pull Damien out and a trail of blood follows.

"Let go of me! You can't just leave him!" I cry , as he drags me out the building.

I can hardly see through the blurry film blocking my vision , but the next thing I know, I am shoved into the car. 

My body shakes and I can hardly breathe as the unfamiliar tears choke me. A hand touches my back , rubbing making it slightly easier to breathe.

 I look up to see Alek. "How can you just leave him there?"

He sighs , looking almost regretful , "He gave us the order that if anything happens to him, to get you out of there."

My head throbs and my body aches as I wake. Subconsciously I go to move my hands but I can't due to the fact my hand are bond together by some rope.  Suddenly everything rushes back to me , getting shot , being taken away , and then everything went black.

I look down and my shirt is still wet from the blood. Each breath I take hurts making me not want to move. 

The room is like an unfinished basement , concrete floors , walls , and a staircase up to a door. My blood stains the floor around me and leads up the stairs in a trail like they dragged me drag not caring at all. 

The door creaks as it opens. One man followed by two others comes down. I can not really make out their faces as my eyes can hardly stay open.

The first man stops infront of me looks down on me , "Sidorov."

His voice is familiar but I can't match it to any face off the top of my head.

"Care to explain why you were with a Sicilian? Because, I know if any of my men were to go off and allie with an enemie you would kill them on the spot," he says.

"I-" when I start to talk my body shoots up in pain. If I had been standing I would have fallen to my knees.

"Should I get med?" a younger one asks.

"No," he answers without hesitation.

"I don't need to explain myself to you," I see with clenched teeth.

He shrugs his shoulders , "Fair enough."

He then punches me in my gut causing me to cough . Blood comes up and lands on his black leather shoe. He then whispers something to the two others and then the three of them leave up the stairs , leaving me alone.

I silently beg for Donatella and my men to find me and hopefully quickly. I don't know how long I can last like this.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Hours pass before they come downstairs again.

"Donatella is not coming for you," is the first thing he says since he has came back.

"She will kill all of you," I say bearing through the pain.

He smiles , "She would if she had a reason to. She doesn't need you."

That makes my breathing go faster, knowing eventually that will be true. She won't need me. She can't love me. It hurts so much to know how much I feel for her and she won't ever meet me there.

"You do not know the reason we have allied," I ignore him

A girl opens the door , "Boss, we have an issue."

"No! Do not go tell me to go 'sleep on it' . Who knows how much blood he's lost , I don't even know if he's alive!" I shout, slamming my hands on Alek's desk.

"We are trying to figure out a plan and where Damien exactly is . Trust me , we are trying," he assures.

I roll my eyes , "It can't be that hard , there is literally a trail of blood leading to him in that building. You are wasting time that he does not have."

Alek stands up , "I promise, we'll be leaving in a few hours to get him. Just go get some sleep."

"Fine."

I don't understand why nobody is rushing or actually trying to do anything. It's like they are letting him die. They have Romeo locked up in the basement, but they haven't tried to ask him anything.

I head over to my room, but not to sleep. I grab my gun and Allegra. Quickly I brush through my hair and toss it up in a ponytail

I rush over to the elevator and hit ground floor . When I get outside I signal for a taxi . I tell him the address , hoping Damien is okay. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 4.1K 40
Book 1 of 2 When two of the biggest Mafia's are threatened, they are forced to work together to defeat the enemy. Anna Giovanni, a cold, ruthless and...
893K 14.7K 50
|18+| Tatum Kingston, daughter of the leader of the Red Bloods Mafia forced to look for a hand in marriage only at 19. She crosses paths with Sicilia...
47.6K 1.1K 44
Book 2 Siempre. Always. That's how I thought it would be. That's how I thought we would be. But we weren't, because she was gone even before our sto...
1.7M 44K 54
Olivia is soft hearted innocent soul that has been dealt a dirty hand in life. Her father is a rich business man that would rather spoil his wife and...