Your love will be the death o...

By SirenFn

"Your love will be the death of me" Those were the words of the madman. - - - - - - - - - - - - ◇ - ☆ - ◇... More

A/N
0. PROLOUGE
1. The Madman
2. Unwelcoming
3. The List
4. The List (Part 2)
5. Annoyance
6. Long Walk
7. The Doctor
8. Pleasant Surprise
9. Assistant
10. Meeting
11. Malfunction
12. First Week
13. Preperations
14. Debt Collecting
15. Café
16. The Harbingers
17. Prime
18. Love?
19. Lab Work
20. Busy
21. Clones
22. Il Dottore
23. Confusing
A/N
24. Too Early
25. Departure
26. Dreams
27. Comfort
28. The Next Morning
29. Relaxing
30. Relaxing (Part 2)
31. Relaxing (Part 3)
32. Rumours
33. Confessions
34. Complications
35. INTERLUDE
36. Catching Up
37. Caught
38. More Clones
39. Return
40. The Letter
♡ 100K Special ♡
41. Breakfast Together
42. Assasins
43. The Doctor's Heart
45. INTERLUDE
A/N
46. Waking Up
Valentines Day Special
47. Working Together
48. His Room
THE CLONES
49. Ruin Graders and Sweet Words

44. The Doctor's Heart (Part 2)

4.4K 194 439
By SirenFn

|Prime POV|

"That is quite tough," Signora said whilst cleaning my wound, "I still can't believe you went to Pulcinella," She laughed.

"He's more likely to keep it a secret than you," I retorted, "Not to mention he was here the whole time. Fuck. Can you not poke it?" I slammed the desk with my left hand to try to distract from the strange feeling of Signora's hand in my flesh.

"You're telling me Scaramouche did this to you?" You've let yourself go, Doctor," She mused, cleaning the area around the cut more carefully than before.

"He wanted me and the assistant dead, I was focused on not letting him get to them,"

She fell silent. She was right, I had let myself go, if it hadn't been for the assistant I could have killed him easily, but my mind was too preoccupied with them.

"Nevermind that now, it's in the past, why don't you tell me more about today?" Signora said with a smile on her face and pity in her eyes.

"Well, I barged into their room at three in the morning, they only woke up at four, they kicked me out while they got ready and I decided to say 'you're lucky I love you.'"

"Dottore, you are officially stupid,"

"It gets worse,"

"How can it get worse than that?"

"Well they said 'first you can crochet, then you can bake, what next?'" My sentence trailed off, I was lucky they didn't hear what I said, but it was still embarrassing to admit it out loud, "I said 'I can fuck'. Thank Her Majesty they didn't hear that because how could I have explained myself?"

Signora was nearly in tears from holding back her laughter, "You most certainly have outdone yourself Dottore," she said, wrapping my waist in bandages.

"Oh and they have seen me shirtless, I tried to forget about it but the way they looked at me... I don't think I could ever get enough of them," I buried my face in my hands, my heart was racing and my face was flushed.

Signora put a hand on my shoulder, "I've never seen you like this for anybody, so I'll share some of my best advice with you Dottore, you don't need books or a scientist to tell you what love is, it's different for every person and the best thing you can do, is speak to them."

"How would I do that after today, they watched me nearly decapitate several agents with a chair and I've just basically told them I'm not good for them,"

"I'll send some gifts down, you choose what you're going to put in, and you can deliver it to their room,"

I lifted my head from my hands, looking at the Eighth Harbinger, "Thank you, Signora."

|Y/n POV|

"Ocean you don't understand, I kissed Il Dottore on the lips!" Your head was buried in her lap as her hand rested on your back.

"Did he enjoy it?"

"Capitano, not the time," Ocean reprimanded him, Sidwell raised his hand, "No you can't comment either Sidwell,"

The Jester's assistant lowered his hand slowly, you were currently in your room and Ocean had called Capitano and Sidwell in to help comfort you, Sonya was supposed to come as well but she was attending a meeting with Pulcinella.

Ocean was the only one who was comforting you at the moment, both Sidwell and Capitano sat next to each other trying to communicate without Ocean lunging at them.

"Was it good?" Capitano asked quickly, Ocean staring at him after he finished his question.

"That's the problem! It was really good, I mean like I kissed him first, but he wrapped his arm around my neck and Gods above I fell hard. I thought I liked him before, but this, I mean, who wouldn't like him after... that." You explained.

The three sat in silence and exchanged a look, the sudden quiet caused you to raise your head and look at the three of them.

"She's playing matchmaker,"

"One hundred percent."

"Definitely."

"Well shit. What do I do now? Just wait for Signora to wave a magic wand and suddenly he likes me back?" You sat upright completely and flailed your arms around as you spoke.

"Kind of," Capitano shrugged and sounded sure of himself when he spoke.

"Capitano for the love of Her Majesty please stop talking," Ocean said.

"No, what do mean kind of?" You questioned putting your hand in front of Ocean's face.

"Well when I told Signora I liked Ocean she gave me some tips on how to ask her out, I was too bashful to use them and ended up just blurting out everything in front of Ocean, but if it wasn't for Signora I wouldn't have ever got to that stage," Capitano explained, he was normally rather secretive about how he and Ocean got together, but he explained in some detail how it happened to make you feel slightly calmer.

"I remember you throwing a bouquet at me screaming 'I want to eat with you' and running into a wall," Ocean laughed.

"It did not happen like that," Capitano spluttered, you could practically see him blushing inside of his mask.

"Sorry to interrupt but if you and Dottore were a thing, would you also be with his clones?" Sidwell asked, confusion and intrigue painted over his face.

"Oh my God's would you fuck his clones?"

"Capitano. Please. Stop talking." Ocean said, burying her face in her hands.

"Capitano I love you, but I'm with Ocean on this one,"

"There you go! Say that to Dottore, and you've got yourself a Harbinger,"

"They've known each other for a week!" Ocean sighed, "Just, stop. The both of you sit there in silence unless you have something important to add,"

Capitano raised his hand, "If it gets to a certain stage, use protection, none of us can deal with more Dottores running around,'

Your mouth fell agape and you stared at the Harbinger. Ocean laughed with disbelief and Sidwell shrunk into his chair. You went to reply to Capitano, but you were interrupted by knocking at your door.

Ocean helped you hide behind the door, whilst Capitano opened it, "Ah Dottore, Y/n you have a-" his sentence was cut off and Ocean jumped next to him and leaned on his arm.

"Good afternoon Lord Harbinger, please excuse Capitano here, he's been napping for the past half hour,"

"It's quite alright, is Y/n there?" Dottore asked.

"I'm afraid they left for the staff room, however, I should warn you they said they wanted twenty minutes where nobody talked to them. They asked us to wait here for them to return," Ocean was quick thinking and Dottore seemed to believe her lies.

"Ah, I see. When they are back and are ready to talk, please, let me know." Dottore's voice sounded defeated and his steps were slow as he walked away.

The door shut and Ocean burst into laughter, she had to wipe tears away from her eyes as she grabbed you by your shoulders, "He has a bouquet and a gift basket for you,"

"Don't fuck with me," You shook your head placing your hands on hers.

"I wish she was," Capitano said from beside her.

Ocean rested her head on you as you stood still in shock, Sidwell pulled a bottle of wine from behind him and brought it over to you.

"You're going to need this," He said putting it in your hands.

You opened it and took a swig, relaxing into the wall and sliding down it. You hummed along to an old training song.

"No limit,
We push the limit,
That's what She taught us.

You don't want to go to war with a soldier.

We're going to kill somebody
We'll leave them bloody.

No limit,
Push the limit,
That's what She taught us.

You don't want to go to war with a soldier."

The lyrics strung together in your head as you took another swig of the wine.

"God's above stop being depressed," Ocean said, prying the bottle from your grip.

"No, I won't, did you forget just how dangerous Dottore is? What if that bouquet is filled with poison and that gift basket is a handful of cicins?" You theorised and gripped your hair in your hands.

Capitano sat next to you, he provided a warm comforting presence, akin to that of an older brother, "Ask me anything, anything at all." He stated.

"Do you actually know who Childe is?"

"Yes, I just pretend not to because it's funny and he annoys me. Another question,"

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

"Well, Ocean is my favourite person in all of Teyvat, she says that you are one of the nicest people she has ever come across. If Ocean likes you, I like you, it's as simple as that," Capitano whispered, there wasn't any reason for him to lie to you, and you knew Ocean was always looking out for you.

"Do you think Dottore likes me?" You were uncertain of the details, but you knew you enjoyed him, and you enjoyed that kiss.

"He is a hard one to read, however, I have never seen him so upbeat at the idea of speaking to someone and so defeated when he couldn't. If Signora is doing what we think she is doing, it's fair to say, he wouldn't do anything she suggested, unless he liked you." Capitano said looking towards Ocean for approval of his little speech.

Ocean on the other hand was deep in thought, "You said you found books about love with your name written in them. In his office. Could you remind me why you are scared again?"

"Oh, right I forgot about those."

"Did you really?" Ocean feigned surprise.

"But! Scaramouche is jealous so I have every right to be nervous,"

Ocean groaned and Capitano laughed, Sidwell shook his head with a small smile on his face.

"Let's go get The Doctor then,"

"Best of luck Y/n,"

"Remember, use protection!" Capitano added as he was pulled out of the room by Ocean.

You began to pace around the room, your heart picking up speed with every step you took, thoughts swirling around your head and you began to feel light-headed as you waited for Dottore. At one point, you tried to plan out how the conversation would go and you ended up covering your face from embarrassment.

You attempted to distract yourself from the anxiety building up in your stomach by fiddling with the items on your bedside ta- KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

Shit.

"It's open," You called out, your back facing the door.

You heard the door creak open, and cautious steps crossed the threshold of your room. You heard the steps retreat slightly and heard your door close, but you could still feel their presence in the room.

"Y/n, hi," The Doctor said, his voice weak and quiet.

"Dottore," You turned around to face him and when you did, he was rubbing the back of his neck and his head was angled at the floor, "Hello,"

His head lifted for a moment, but he was quick to look at the floor again, "I just wanted to tell you," His sentence trailed off into incoherent mumbles, to which you raised a brow.

He threw his head back in annoyance before looking around your room, "I'm not angry about what you did, far from it, I just- I wanted to talk to you, face to face, not through clones or letters, just us talking."

"Yeah I understand, I'm sorry about kissing you so abruptly," You said, a nervous smile on your face as you looked away from Dottore.

He took a step forward, "It's fine, really it is. I don't think how I feel about you is much of a secret anymore,"

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that as well,"

"What do you mean? It was my fault for trusting The Harbingers with my secret,"

Oh wait, he doesn't know about the books yet?

"I- well, about that," You began, "I may have found some books in your secret room behind your office, and curiosity got the better of me,"

His face bloomed red and he brought a hand up to his mouth.

You smiled at him "Surprise?" You waved your hands in the air.

Dottore looked at you in disbelief before shaking his head, "It's fine, what I'm more concerned about is, you could hear my thoughts when we kissed," He hesitated before saying 'kissed' and his free hand reached slightly for you before he stopped it and hid behind his back.

"You want to experiment with a kiss?" You questioned.

He nodded slightly, his face growing redder by the second.

From Archons know where, confidence suddenly filled your body, and you moved forward without warning, causing Dottore to stumble back slightly before his movement ceased and he grew curious about what your plan was. You reached for his hands, taking them in yours before placing them on your hips, bringing your arms up to drape them around The Doctor's neck. You played with the strands of hair falling from the back of his neck. He pulled your hips against him, moving his arms to wrap around your waist, and your head moved to the crook of his neck, laughing against him, which sent shivers down his spine.

Dottore brought one of his hands away from your waist and caressed your cheek, still keeping you closely pressed against him. You leaned into his touch, revelling in the warmth of his gloved hands. You were still close enough to reach his jaw without his hand leaving your cheek, a mischievous grin spread across your features as you laid short kisses against his jaw and down his neck, Dottore blushed deeply and turned his head away from you, exposing more of his neck which you took the opportunity to place loving kisses all over.

"If you want me to stop all you have to do is say the word," You said, taking a moment away from him to make sure he was comfortable.

"The only thing you need stop doing is teasing me," Dottore said through gritted teeth.

"Very well then," You said pulling him closer, your breaths became one and you could feel his chest moving in sync with yours.

Your face inched closer to his, allowing him to pull away if he wished, but Dottore grew impatient and connected your lips himself.

His hands explored your body and you felt free as he deepened the kiss, one of his hands leaving your side and reaching toward his face.

Promise me you won't open your eyes.

What? Why?

Just promise, please?

Okay, yeah I promise.

You felt his mask be removed and you were finally able to kiss him fully, you could hear your heart in your head as Dottore grabbed and pulled at your clothing. There was no way the two of you could be any closer to one another.

Fuck, Dottore I need to breathe.

You heard a small groan escape his lips as he reluctantly pulled away, covering your eyes before he showed you his masked face once more. You were breathless, he was breathtaking.

He ran a finger through his hair, which had long fallen out of place.

"We should do that more often," Dottore mumbled.

You laughed as you caught your breath, tracing circles on The Doctor's arm, "We should,"

A gentle smile tugged at his lips, you only noticed how soft and irresistible they were after having them pressed against yours, but you still admired them nonetheless.

You admired each other in silence, nothing but adoration for him filled you, and although he was hard to read, the way his shoulders dropped after you kissed him needed no further explanation.

He pursed his lips, "You taste like wine, how much have you had?" Panic was evident in his tone, but you weren't sure why.

"I only had two swigs, swear."

"Okay, then may I ask you something else?"

"Of course you can," You shrugged.

"What are we? Are we a couple now? Or are we just staying as Harbinger and Assistant?"

"Well, being a couple requires a lot of communication which, in my very honest opinion, neither of us are quite ready for, but staying as just Harbinger and Assistant doesn't feel right. Maybe we are just, what we are, we don't necessarily need a term to describe whatever is going on between us."

"That is a good point, then you wouldn't mind if I stay the night here, right?"

"It would be my pleasure Dottore,"

"Merci beaucoup, ma douce colombe."

A/N

OH MY DAYS THIS TOOK ME SO LING TO WRITE IM SO SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT

ITS JUST UNDER 3K WORDS IM GNA CRY

BUT ANYWAYS THEY ARE FINALLY TOGETHER (KIND OF)

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND IF YOU ARE WONDERING WHAT THAT LAST BIT OF FRENCH TRANSLATES TO IT MEANS "Thank you very much my sweet dove" I THINK ANYWAYS MY FRENCH STILL ISNT AMAZING SO PLEASE CORRECT ME IF THATS WROMG (ALONG WITH ANY OTHER LANGUAGES I INCLUDE IN THIS FIC)

THESE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS ARE GOING TO BE A BIT MORE ABOUT FATUI LIFE AND STUFF BUT NOT WITHOUT A VISIT FROM OUR FAVOURITE 4TH WALL BREAKER FIRST

OH AND BEFORE I FORGET THANK YOU TO MY MARS, ARIA AND MAPLE FOR READING THIS SILLY LITTLE  BOOK AND HELPING ME OUT WITH IT

AND THANK YOU TO THE REST OF YOU FOR READING AND ALL OF YOUR AMAZING COMMENTS THEY GENUINELY MAKE MY DAY

UNTIL NEXT TIME EVERYONE I LOVE YOU ALL 💙💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 5.7K 20
"There is a broken contract between us. And I'm sad to say that I wasn't the one that broke it, Morax," ...
15.4K 527 24
𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐃 ➳ 𝗹𝘆𝗻𝗲𝘆 𝘅 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿 ❝ you 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 want me ❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 two members of the fatui have to pretend to be in a relationshi...
69.8K 2.3K 28
"One cannot deny your intelligence and your genius. But Doctor, I must affirm your brilliance cannot surpass mine." Thirsty for power and control, (Y...
52.8K 1.5K 24
NSFW WARNING: blood, gore, swearing You are a spy recruited into the fatui to exact revenge on one of the harbingers. It doesn't go quite to plan whe...