The Tarantera Telepath in The...

By Rentellectual

A 10 year old girl, Anya Forger moves into Privet Drive with her family. After developing a friendship with t... More

A New Start
Talton? Hogwhat?
Diagonal, I Mean, Diagon Alley
Damia-? Nevermind, That's Draco Malfoy.. Wait, There's Damian!
New Classes, New Impressions
Broomsticks Go Brrrrr
"The Midnight Duel"... Or Whatever
Spooky Month, Baby!
Magical Aerial Soccer
Ashe's Motherly Love
Discontinued (╥﹏╥)

Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall

30 2 0
By Rentellectual

A/N: This thing still gets reads? Color me surprised. Anyways, after 5 fucking months, I have resurrected myself from the dead to give you people this very, very, VERY, late update. I was occupied by massive amounts of schoolwork. That and I'm too lazy to write. Don't get me wrong, I love writing  this book, I'm just, like I said, too lazy. Anyways, let's begin, shall we?

Chapter 11

Christmas was coming. One morning in mid-December, Hogwarts woke to find itself covered in several feet of snow, the lake was frozen solid, and the Weasley twins got punished for bewitching a dozen of snowballs to follow Quirrell around, bouncing off the back of his turban. The few owls (including Chimera) that had successfully managed to battle their way through the stormy skies to deliver post had to be nursed back to health before they could fly out again. Anya had received a whole package that included snow clothes, snow gear, a handful of pocket warmers, and a box of Loid's hot chocolates, now turned into a powder mix, compressed into little packets. The package was dropped infront of Anya at the great hall when Anya had many questions buzzing in her mind; does she have the Teretta parasites and not the Tarantera? What exactly happened to her mother and did she find a cure to the parasites? How popular of a researcher was her mother in the Wizarding world? What about her father? Was her father also a wizard? All of the questions she pondered was shut down after the large package dropped, startling the little girl.

"What's that?" Harry asked Anya.

"I dunno" Anya says, opening the parcel. "Let's see..."

As the others watch Anya open her package, Malfoy strolls in.

"I do feel sorry" he says. "For all those who has to stay at Hogwarts because they aren't wanted back home"

Harry was fine with staying at Hogwarts since going back to the Dursleys was the last thing he wants to do this Christmas. Anya, on the other hand, considered going back to Privet Drive. She missed the Forgers so dearly and wanted to tell them everything that she knows.

"Oh it's alright!" Harry shouted over the loud cold wind; They were traveling to the greenhouses for herbology.

"Really?!" Anya shouted back.

"Yeah!" Harry yells. "The Weasleys will also be staying at Hogwarts!"

"Oh!" Anya yells back. "Okay!"

"Are you staying here for the holidays?" Anya asks Damian as they make their way down the corridors of the castle.

Damian shakes his head.

"You?" he asks.

"I'm going back to Privet Drive" she answers. "I miss my mom and dad"

Their conversation ended abruptly as they found a large fir tree blocking the corridor. Two enormous feet sticking out at the bottom and a loud puffing sound told them that it was Hagrid behind the tree.

"Hey Hagrid!" Anya greets. "need any help?"

"Nah, I'm alrigh'" he answers. "thanks, Anya"

"Would you mind moving out of the way?" Malfoy's cold voice, snarled.

"You know there's a way down there to the left, right?" Anya replies.

Malfoy's lips curl before he, Crabbe, and Goyle follows Anya's directions.

The edge of Anya's lips moved upward.

"You led them right towards the dungeons, didn't you?" Damian asks.

"Thank Becky for teaching me the layout of the school" Anya says, still smirking.

"Yeh Goin back to Privet drive fer the holdays, Anya?" Hagrid asks, his head poking from the side of the large tree.

"Yup!" Anya says, gleefully.

"Alrigh' then!" Hagrid says in a jolly voice. "I'll accompany Yeh back to London"

"Thanks, Hagrid!" Anya replied.

"How many days are left till yer holidays, anyway?" Hagrid asks.

"Just one" Damian answers.

"I see!" Hagrid replies, once again in a jolly voice. "Merry Christmas, both of yeh!"

"You too, Hagrid!" both of them say in unison.

Anya and Damian follow Hagrid and his big tree to the great hall where Professor McGonagall and Professor Flitwick were setting Christmas decorations.

Hagrid sets the tree down and plates started to appear, reminding Anya of something.

"Oh that's right!" Anya says to Damian. "We have half an hour before lunch, we better get to the library since Harry and the others are waiting for us"

"Tha library?" Hagrid asks. "Bit keen on working before the holidays aren't yeh?"

"Working?" Anya says. "We aren't working. We've been researching about Nicholas Flamel ever since you mentioned his na-"

"YOU WHA?" Hagrid exclaims. "Listen here, I'ave already told yeh this - Don't meddle in other people's businesses. Drop it. It's nothin' to you that dog's guardin',"

"We just want to know who Nicolas Flamel is, Hagrid" Anya said, innocently.

"OR you could just tell us who he is" Damian said with a cheeky smile. "even just a hint would suffice"

"I'm sayin' nothin'" Hagrid said, flatly.

"The hard way it is" Damian said as he grabs Anya's hand and drags her to the library.

"What took you two so long?" Becky asked with a bit of annoyance in her voice.

"We got held back by Malfoy and chatted with Hagrid" Anya answered.

"Did Hagrid say anything?" Hermione asks.

"Nope." Damian says, letting out a sigh. "Not even a hint,"

"Damn" Ron said. "Guess we gotta look for this Nicolas Flamel guy ourselves, huh?"

Anya nods.

The group splits up but they all end up in the history section of the library, scouring for the name Nicolas Flamel in any book they can grab.

"What are you doing, boy?" Madam Pince, the librarian asked.

"Nothing" Harry answered.

"Then you'd better get out!" Madam Pince exclaimed. "Out!"

Harry wished he had been a bit quicker in thinking up of a story but he ended up waiting for the rest friends outside the library.

15 minutes passed and they were all going to the great hall for lunch.

"You really couldn't find anything?" Harry asked Becky.

"Not a single thing" Becky says, disgruntled.

"Can't we just ask Madam Pince if there's a book about Nicolas Flamel?" Anya asked.

"If you wanna get questioned half to death, then sure" Damian deadpanned.

"Then what do we do now?" Hermione asks.

"You reckon there's a book about him in the restricted section?" Ron suggests.

"Restricted section?" Anya asks, curiously.

"Yeah, it's where books containing forbidden magic is kept" Damian answers.

"Don't forget about the books that contain the magic history that the ministry has been trying to cover up" Becky added. Damian nods in agreement.

"If this Nicolas Flamel person is related to the dangerous item that Hogwarts is protecting, there might be a chance there's a book about him in the restricted section" Hermione said.

"You guys will still look for anything about Nicolas Flamel while we're gone, right?" Damian asks Harry and Ron.

"We will" the two boys said in unison.

Hogwarts, December 24, 8:00 AM

The two boys had such a good time in the holidays that they almost forgot about Nicolas Flamel. They had the dormitory to themselves and the common room was far emptier than usual. The two boys sat on the armchairs next to the fireplace as they chomp down on sweets. Ron also started teaching Harry how to play wizard chess, which was similar to muggle chess but the pieces were alive so it was more like directing troops with verbal commands.

Forger's residence, December 24, 10:00 AM

"Mom! Dad!" Anya shouts with glee as she sees her foster parents once again.

She runs and embraces Loid and Yor. The Forger family is once again reunited.

"I have soooooo many things to tell you guys!" she says ecstaticly.

Anya tells Loid and Yor everything that she has learned while they prepare for the holiday; baking cookies, setting decorations, putting up the Christmas tree. As nightfall (as in nighttime is arriving, not agent nightfall) arrives, the family gather around the fireplace to watch the Bondman Christmas Special, as per requested by Anya.

Hogwarts, December 25, 9:00 AM

"Merry Christmas, Harry!" Ron says sleepily.

"Merry Christmas, Ron" Harry replies. "Well look at this! I got presents!"

There were 2 piles of presents inside the room, one for Harry, one for Ron.

"What'd you expect? Turnips?" Ron says, scrambling to put on his dressing-gown.

Harry grabs the top parcel. It was wrapped in thick brown paper, and scrawled across it was "To Harry, from Hagrid" inside it was a roughly cut wooden flute. Hagrid obviously whittled it himself. Harry blows on it and it sounds like an owl.

He received a gift from, to Harry's surprise, aunt Petunia and uncle Vernon; a fifty-cent pence.

Ron was fascinated by the fifty-cent pence.

Next, he received a sweater from Ron's mother, Mrs. Weasley, to Ron's horrors.

"She always makes us sweaters," Ron sighed. "and mine is always maroon"

Second, he received a box of sweets - more specifically; chocolate frogs - from Hermione.

Lastly, Harry received a.. Cowl? A Cloak?

"W-Woah!" Ron exclaimed. "Is that an invisibility cloak?"

"Ron?" Harry asks, confused. "isn't this just a normal cloak?"

"Turn it inside out!" Ron yells.

Harry does what Ron said and he was right, it was invisible.

"Look at your hands!" Ron exclaims.

Harry looks mesmerized and perplexed at the same time. His hands were completely gone. Harry covered his entire body with the cloak and he heard Ron gasp.

"Look at the mirror!" Ron exclaimed. "you're completely invisible!"

Harry turns toward the mirror and stares in awe as his entire body was gone, minus his head.

"Blimey!" Harry heard Ron say behind him.

Blimey indeed, Harry thought to himself.

"There's a note!" Ron exclaimed yet again.

Harry turns to see his friend reading a note while he was busy staring at himself at the mirror.

Harry sits down besides Ron as he gets the letter from him, it read:

Your father left this in my possession before he died

It was about time that it was returned to you

Use it well

A Merry Christmas to you

Harry stood there, befuddled. Who sent this to him? Was this person close with his parents?
All these questions were whisked away from his mind as Ron drags him outside the dormitory and into the Gryffindor common room.

Forger's residence, December 25, 9:00 PM

"Are you sure this is safe?" Loid asks his daughter with a pinch of concern in his voice.

"Yeah!" she exclaimed. "Professor Dumbledore himself gave me permission"

Anya held a bag of floo powder as she and the Forgers were standing infront of the fireplace.

"How does this work again?" Yor says, confused.

"Just step inside the fireplace!" Anya mildly shouts, a bit annoyed. "I'll take care of the rest."

Loid and Yor do what Anya told them to do.

"Now," Anya says. "it might feel a little weird at first but that's nothing to worry about"

"Desmond Manor, Ostania!" Anya yells.

The next the the forgers knew, they were back at Ostania.

"Yor!" Melinda Desmond greets.

"Mel!" Yor replies.

The two lightly embrace each other as Loid and Anya emerges from the fireplace.

"Hey Damian!" Anya greets.

"Hey" Damian said, coolly.

After Donovan Desmond was apprehended by WISE, things between Ostania and Westalis have still stayed the same; peaceful. There were zero signs of war erupting between. The two neighboring countries. Although there were still some issues; When Donovan was interrogated, he admitted to funding the same project that worked on "making" Telepaths, including Anya. Not only were they "making" Telepaths, Donovan said that they were also "making" Supersoldiers in preparation for Donovan's plans. But one night, 2 children managed to escape the facility, one Telepath and one Supersoldier. The rest of the subjects were "put down" after the incident and the project was discontinued, but some of the dangerous people that worked on the project are still out there. Anya was horrified when she learned about this through her father's thoughts. All the memories returned to her at once, it was painful. That was years ago though, now Anya has a new goal, a new resolve, and that is to search for information about her real parents and more about the same world that her mother was living in.

"So?" Anya says. "you got anything on Nicolas Flammel?"

Damian shakes his head.

"Not even mother knows anything about him" Damian replied.

"I hope the others can find something, anything, about him" Anya sighs.

"Mistress Desmond," A gray haired butler said. "The Blackbells have arrived."

"Anya!" Becky greets, tackling the pink haired girl. "Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas, Becky!" Anya replied. "Have you found out anything about Nicolas Flammel?"

"Unfortunately," Becky answers. "I haven't been able to find anything at all"

Anya frowns as Melinda walks toward the center of the room.

"Well then," Melinda announces. "Let's get this Christmas dinner started, shall we?"

Melinda and Damian lead their guests towards the dining room where a feast was prepared. It wasn't anything like the feasts in Hogwarts but Anya missed eating Ostanian food and enjoyed her meals.

Hogwarts, December 25, 10:00 PM

Harry was sitting on his bed, admiring the silver cloth in his hands. Ron on the other hand, was dead asleep, ate too much turkey. Harry slipped the cloak on and he once again dissappears on the mirror, he was always perplexed whenever it happened. Harry felt awake, the thought of Hogwarts being open to him using the cloak filled him with excitement. He crept down the stairs, out of the gryffindor common room and into the long corridors of Hogwarts. He thought about where he wanted to go, he can go anywhere with the cloak but then he remembered about the restricted section of the library, perhaps he can find something about Nicolas Flammel there. Perhaps. He set off towards the library, his heart racing with adrenaline.

The restricted section looked very old and was very dusty aswell. The books located within the confinement of this section were old and faded, faded to the point where the cover was barely readable so Harry knew he had to search for a book that's either written by Flammel or includes anything about Flammel, one by one.

Harry set down the lamp and went to grab a book from the shelf, only to put it back a second later. The book gave a blood-curdling screech the instance Harry opened it. The noise was so loud it may very well have alerted filch, so Harry immediately ran out the library sprinting back to the gryffindor common room, only to encounter filch.. And Snape? In one of the corridors.

"You asked me to come directly to you, Professor," filch was talking to Snape. "And somebody's been in the library - restricted section"

"The restricted section?" Snape said to filch. "Well they can't be that far, we'll Catch them."

Harry was filled with panic by this statement and backed into a room. Inside that room, he found a majestic mirror, his panic slowly fading away. He looked into the mirror and he had to clap his mouth with his hands to prevent himself from screaming, he looked startled and very likely, terrified. He slowly turned to once again look at the mirror, he saw himself, pale as a ghost. But behind him was a crowd of people? No, that wasn't right, Harry was the only person in the room. Was the room filled with invisible people? And that the mirror's trick was to reveal those who are invisible? Invisible or not, Harry once more looked into the mirror to see a beautiful woman standing behind him. The woman was smiling and waving. He reached out a hand and felt nothing but air. If she really was there, He'd touch her, it felt like their reflections were so close to each other, but the boy only felt air. It seems that her and the other only existed within the mirror. She was a very pretty woman. She had dark red hair and her eyes.

'Her eyes.. They're just like mine..' Harry thought.

Bright green eyes pierced Harry's own. Those pair of eyes, they looked just like Harry's aswell. But then, Harry noticed, she was crying - she was smiling bright but she was crying at the same time.

The man next to her wrapped his arm around her. The man was tall and thin, he wore glasses just like Harry and had the same hair as Harry's.

"Mum?" Harry whispered. "Dad?"

Just then, every person in the mirror looked clearer than before to Harry, bright green eyes suddenly filles the room. Harry was looking at his family for the first time in his life. They boy couldn't help but cry his heart out. His entire family, right here and then! He was so close.. Yet he was so far. Harry felt happy and at peace, but a sudden noise brought him back t his senses. He knew he had to find a way back t the dorms without alerting anyone.

"I-I'll come back" Harry said, wiping away his tears and once again dons the cloak.

------------------------------
So uh, yeah. I'm not dead (yet) and I'm doing pretty well, just couldn't find any proper time and motivation to write. Anyways, 2.8k words, almost 3k. I'll try my best to update again next week. Depends on if I'm motivated enough to keep working on this book. But as always; Peace!

I want a refund.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 4.7K 41
A fanfiction about Anya Forger x Damian Desmond based 10 years after the Spy x Family manga/anime. Anya starts to feel hopeless about becoming an imp...
1.9K 45 11
This story is inspired by @TheLunarAssassin's SpyxFamily story, so go check it out if you like this one :) The father, top level spy The mother, fier...
901 18 5
Experiment 006 Y/N. Powers: See through other's past. Now, Y/N has become a forger with her younger twin sister Anya. Will she able to help Operation...
123K 4.1K 48
A 𝐬𝐩𝐲 𝐱 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 [𝐱𝐎𝐜] story, featuring the added addition, Forger (oc). Not only is she Anya's biological older sister, she is also a vi...