All Shades of Blue

Per TheQuietHufflepuff

Nora Mendez moves back home after a sudden tragedy. But she's not alone. The young mother returns to her hom... Més

Aesthetic
A Small Note
01
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48

02

828 15 1
Per TheQuietHufflepuff

In the locker room, Stiles asked, "Did you apologize to Allison?"

"Yeah," Scott replied.

"Is she giving you a second chance or-"

"Yeah."

"Yeah! All right. So everything's good."

"No."

"No?"

"Remember - The hunters. Her dad is one of 'em."

"Her dad?"

"Shot me-"

"Allison's father?"

"With a crossbow."

"Allison's father-"

"Yes! Her father! Oh, my God."

"No, Scott. Snap back. You okay? Hey, all right? He didn't recognize you, right?"

"No. N-no. I don't think so."

"Does she know about him?"

"Oh, yeah. I don't know. What if she does? This is gonna kill me, man."

"Okay, just focus on lacrosse. Okay, here, Scott. Take this." He handed Scott the lacrosse stick. "Take this, and focus on lacrosse for now, okay? That's all you gotta do, yeah?"

"Lacrosse."

"Here we go!"

---

They made their way out to the field and Coach yelled, "Let's go! One-on-one from up top! Jackson - take a long stick today. Atta boy. That's how you do it! Greenberg, take a lap. Let's go. Faster, Greenberg! Let's go. McCall, what are you waiting for? Let's go. Hey, McCall. Hey, McCall!"

"You sure you still want to be first line McCall?" Jackson asked snidely.

Coach began stammering. "My-my grandmother can move faster than that -- and she's dead! You think you can move faster than the lifeless corpse of my dead grandmother?"

"Yes, Coach," Scott replied tightly.

"I can't hear you!"

Scott gritted his teeth. "Yes, Coach."

"Then do it again! McCall's gonna do it again! McCall's gonna do it again! Let's go!"

"Scott? Scott, you okay?" Stiles asked worriedly.

"Yeah, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!"

Jackson rammed into Scott, injuring his shoulder, and Scott looked to his friend and said quietly, "I can't control it, Stiles! It's happening!"

"What?" Stiles asked, alarmed. "Right here? Now?"

"Come on, get up. Come on. Come on."

Stiles led Scott to the locker room.

---

"Come on, here we go," Stiles said, making sure Scott was okay. "There. That's it. You okay? Scott, you okay?"

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" Scott roared.

Scott started attacking his friend and eventually calmed down after Stiles used the fire extinguisher on him and asked in a dazed tone, "Stiles...? What happened?"

"You tried to kill me," Stiles panted before his voice took on a grim tone. "It's like I told you before -- it's the anger, it's your pulse rising. It's a trigger."

"But that's lacrosse," Scott said tiredly. "It's a pretty violent game, if you hadn't noticed..."

"Well, it's gonna be a lot more violent if you actually kill someone on the field." He sighed. "You can't play Saturday. You're going to have to get out of the game."

"I'm first line-"

"Not anymore."

---

Along the line, Stiles called over Skype and Scott answered.

"What'd you find out?" Scott asked.

"Well, it's bad," Stiles replied. "Jackson's got a separated shoulder."

"Because of me?"

"Because he's a tool."

"But is he gonna play?"

"Well, they don't know yet. Now, they're just counting on you for Saturday."

The computer connection glitched at the screen froze, preventing Stiles' further statements to get cut off. As soon as Stiles realized, he switched to typing. He sent a message.

IT LOOKS LIKE

"What?" Scott asked. "It looks like what?" He groaned. "Come on, damn it! What?"

SOMEONE'S BEHIND YOU

"Scott?" Stiles called. "What's going on?"

Scott ignored him and Stiles watched through the screen as Derek spoke to his friend and left.

---

Math began and the class started working on math problems. Lydia and Scott were at the board.

Scott groaned. "God..."

Lydia glanced at Scott and asked snidely, "Why is there a rumor going around that you're not playing tomorrow?"

Scott sighed. "'Cause I'm sort of not."

"I think you sort of are -- especially when you brutally injure my boyfriend by ramming into him."

"He brutally injured himself by ramming into me."

"Jackson's gonna play tomorrow... But, he's not gonna be at his peak... and, I prefer my boyfriend at peak performance."

"Okay..."

"I date the captain of the winning lacrosse team. And, if they start off the season losing, I date the captain of the losing lacrosse team. I don't date losers."

Scott's tone grew frustrated. "Losing one game isn't gonna kill anyone. In fact, it might even save someone..."

"Fine," Lydia answered rudely. "Don't play. We'll probably win anyway. Then, we'll go out after, like we were planning, and I'll introduce Allison to all the hot players on the team... and Scott McCall can stay home, surfing the 'net for porn."

"Mr. McCall, you're not even close to solving your problem..." the teacher said.

Scott sighed. "Tell me about it."

Lydia sat down.

---

Stiles looked around for Scott, found him, and grabbed Scott's arm. "Hey, come here."

Scott frowned. "What?"

They made their way to where officers were standing and Stiles pointed to them. "Tell us what they're saying. Can you hear 'em?"

Scott listened in and said grimly, "Curfew because of the body."

"Unbelievable. My dad's out looking for a rabid animal, while the jerk-off who actually killed the girl is just hangin' out, doing whatever he wants."

"Well, you can't exactly tell your dad the truth about Derek."

"I can do something."

"Like what?"

"Find the other half of the body."

"Are you kidding?!"

---

Nora had gone to visit Derek as she wasn't on her shift for work.

Derek gave a small smile as she walked in, holding the baby car seat with a sleeping Mateo.

She set the car seat down. I don't know if it's safe or not for him, but I can't leave him alone.

Derek glanced at the sleeping baby. I think it's safe enough. Shouldn't you be working?

I'm on maternity leave for a little while longer.

Scott made his way to Derek's to yell at him.

"Derek!" Scott cried. "Derek! Stay away from her! She doesn't know anything!"

Derek stepped onto his porch. "Yeah? What if she does? You think your little buddy Stiles can just Google werewolves and now you got all the answers, is that it? You don't get it yet, Scott, but I'm looking out for you. Think about what could happen. You're out on the field. The aggression takes over. And you shift in front of everyone. Your mom, all your friends. And when they see you, everything falls apart."

Nora frowned. What was that?

Scott told me to stay away from someone. He doesn't realize how dangerous life is now for him and I can't talk sense into him.

He's a teenager. They're not known for listening. You and I didn't listen well when we were teenagers. Do you mind if I stay here a little while?

Not at all. I have some things to do, but I shouldn't be too long.

That night, Derek left to go somewhere alone, leaving Nora and Mateo in the house.

Nora frowned, seeing two troublemaking boys.

"Wait, something's different," Scott said.

"Different how?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know. Let's just get this over with."

After some time, Scott said, "This is taking way too long."

"Just keep going," Stiles said.

"What if he comes back?" He paused. "There are two people here."

"Then we grab them and get the hell out of here. I say we try and find out. Who's here?"

Nora walked outside and typed something. 'What are you two up to?'

"Looking for a body," Stiles said.

Nora frowned, shaking her head as she gestured to her ears.

Stiles typed the same thing he'd said.

Nora typed a response. 'You two are profoundly disturbing.'

"What if he catches us?" Scott asked.

"I have a plan for that."

"Which is?"

"You run one way. I run the other. One of us grabs Nora and the other person. Whoever he catches first, too bad."

"I hate that plan."

"Oh, stop, stop, stop."

"Hurry!"

"I'm trying. Did he have to tie the thing in, like, 900 knots?"

"I'll do it."

Nora looked between them, rolling her eyes, and knelt to untie the knot.

The three of them looked into the grave.

"What the hell is that?" Stiles asked.

"It's a wolf," Scott said.

"Yeah, I can see that. I thought you said you smelled blood, as in human blood."

"I told you something was different."

"This doesn't make sense."

Nora pursed her lips, motioning for the boys to leave.

"Yeah," Stiles agreed. "Okay, help me cover this up." He stopped.

"What's wrong?" Scott asked.

Stiles pointed to a plant. "You see that flower?"

"What about it?" Scott wondered.

"I think it's wolfsbane."

"What's that?"

"Uh, haven't you ever seen the Wolf Man?"

"No."

"Lon Chaney Jr.? Claude Rains? The original, classic werewolf movie?"

"No! What?"

"You are so unprepared for this."

"Stiles."

"Holy-"

"No. Oh, God."

Laura Hale was no longer a wolf, but instead, a girl.

The next day, the boys were back at the Hale house along with the police.

Derek was being loaded into a cop car and Stiles sat in the passenger's seat.

Stiles looked at Derek. "Okay, just so you know, I'm not afraid of you." Derek glared at him. "Okay, maybe I am. Doesn't matter.We just wanna know something. The girl you killed, she was a werewolf. She was a different kind, wasn't she? I mean, she could turn herself into an actual wolf, and I know Scott can't do that. Is that why you killed her?"

Derek frowned. "Why are you so worried about me when it's your friend who's the problem? When he shifts on the field, what do you think they're gonna do; just keep cheering him on? I can't stop him from playing, but you can. And trust me -- you want to." He glared at Stiles.

Suddenly, Stiles was yanked from the car.

"What hell do you think you're doing?" Sheriff Stilinski asked.

Stiles said, "We're just trying to help."

"Okay, well, how 'bout you help me understand how exactly you came across this."

"I was looking for Scott's inhaler."

"Which he dropped when?"

"The other night."

"The other night when you were out here looking for the first half of the body."

"Yes."

"The other night that you told me you were alone and Scott was at home."

"Yes. No. Oh, crap."

"So you lied to me."

"That depends on how you define lying."

"Well, I define it as not telling the truth. How do you define it?"

"Mm, reclining your body is a horizontal position?" Stiles made a lying down position with his hands.

"Get the hell out of here."

"Absolutely."

Scott and Stiles piled into the latter's Jeep and talked.

"I can't find anything about wolfsbane being used for burial," Scott said.

"Just keep looking," Stiles replied. "Maybe it's like a ritual or something, like maybe they bury you as a wolf. Or maybe it's like a special skill, you know? Like something you have to learn."

"I'll put it on my to-do list, right underneath how the hell I'm playing this game tonight."

"Maybe it's different for girl werewolves."

"Okay! Stop it!"

"Stop what?"

"Stop saying "werewolves"! Stop enjoying this so much!"

"Are you okay?"

"No! No, I'm not. I'm so far from being okay."

Stiles continued. "You know, you're gonna have to accept this, Scott, sooner or later."

"I can't."

"Well, you're gonna have to."

"No! I can't breathe. Aah! Ah, pull over!"

Scott grabbed Stiles' backpack as Stiles asked, "Why? What's happening?"

Scott pulled out the purple wolfsbane flower from the backpack and yelled, "You kept it?!"

"What was I supposed to do with it?"

"Stop the car!"

"Okay -- Okay. We're good, you can -- Scott? Scott?"

---

Nora, who had been filling out some paperwork, had seen Derek being brought in.

She looked at the sheriff. I'll bail Derek out.

The sheriff told her the amount and she gave the necessary amount.

Derek was released and noticed Nora. Did you bail me out?

Nora nodded. Yes. I think you were wrongfully arrested. You didn't kill the girl in the woods, right?

No. That was my sister. I found her and buried her.

I'm so sorry.

Thank you. The least I can do now is find her killer.

I'll help.

Nora, I can't ask you to do that.

You're not asking. I'm offering.

He nodded and gave a small smile. I appreciate that.

---

At the lacrosse game, mid-game, Scott lost control and ran off to the locker room. Allison followed and was chased through the locker room. When Scott had calmed down, they kissed.

Stiles appeared and saw the kissing.

"Hi, Stiles," Allison said, walking away.

"I kissed her," Scott told his friend excitedly.

Stiles nodded. "I saw."

"She kissed me."

"Saw that too. That's pretty good, huh?"

"I-I-I don't know how, but I controlled it. I pulled it back. Maybe I can do this. Maybe it's not that bad."

"Yeah, heh. We'll talk later, then."

"What?"

"The, uh, medical examiner looked at the other half of the body we found."

"And?"

"Well, I'll keep it simple. Medical examiner determines killer of girl to be animal, not human. Derek's human, not animal. Derek not killer. Derek let out of jail. My dad said something about him being bailed out. I think it might've been Nora."

"Are you kidding?"

"No, and here's a bigger kick in the ass. My dad I.D.'d the dead girl. Both halves. Her name was Laura Hale."

"Hale?"

"Derek's sister."

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

1.2M 30.9K 22
[COMPLETED] ❝It was my fault for caring. I've made a habit of never doing that again.❞ All teenagers dealt with first-world problems that seemed a...
858 32 15
With a second chance at life, Kya continues her involvement in helping her friends with the supernatural beings in town. But no one knows what's to...
17.1K 367 50
Tabitha Ophelia Young has secrets not only her closest friends know. But when a resident of the small town of Beacon Hills is bit and turned into a...
355K 9.1K 27
"A boy in a jeep? What boy in a jeep? There's no boy or jeep." "Are you done? Because the non-existent boy with the non-existent jeep is waiting for...