Three Bad Musketeers

By AlmondHerserys

Alyssa, Ashley, and Adelina have been best friends for years. They've been in the foster system majority of t... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 27

74 3 0
By AlmondHerserys

I was wandering around the hospital to see if I can find that lady that was involved in Sean's accident. I head back to Sean's room and see him and Alyssa's conversation. I walk in as they turned silent.

"I'm back".

"We have eyes, you don't have to announce yourself," Alyssa mumbles under her breath.

"I'm sorry what was that?" I ask her with a grin. "Nothing," She huffs out.

"Why don't you guys like each other?" Sean chuckles at our argument.

"Because he's a sexist," Alyssa says first, "She has an attitude problem," I remark to her.

"I will go over there and beat you a*s" she claims to remove her blankets.

"Relax," I throw my hands up in defense. She rolls her eyes.

"Did you find what room she's in?" Sean changes the subject.

"No, I've looked and haven't found anything."

"Let me try, Jacob, get my wheelchair," Alyssa suggested and demanded. I stand there wanting her to say please at least. I cross my arms looking at her. She gives me a death stare.

"Alright! Would you two just stop? Jacob, please get her the wheelchair." Sean says frustrated.

"Fine." I stomp over and get the wheelchair over to Alyssa. She hops in, "We'll be back." She gives Sean a kiss before we leave. I take her down the hall, "Where are we going?" I whisper to her because some patients were sleeping. "Take me to the nurse's desk."

"They aren't going to tell you anything it's patient confidentiality."

"Shut up and go with it."

"Fine."

We get to the nurse's desk and there was only one nurse there, Alyssa starts to talk about how her stomach has been hurting and she's not sure if it's because of the birth. The nurse asked her why didn't she use the call button instead. Alyssa of course found an excuse that it wasn't working. The nurse then says she'll send a doctor. Alyssa looked disappointed.

"Alright, we'll go wait in the room," Alyssa says, she signals me to push her back slowly. "I saw a file next to her, I think it's hers. It has the same last time as your mom's maiden name. Now when I make a distraction go over and see what room she's in." She whispers to me as we a quarter way down the hall, not too far from the desk.

"OOO my stomach. I don't feel good." Alyssa begins yelling, I turn and see the nurse get up. "Sir, please get her to the room before-"

She didn't get to finish because Alyssa threw up. What the f*ck. Ew. The nurse comes over to us rushing. Alyssa proceeds to throw herself on the floor. I wanted to laugh so badly but I had a mission. "Sir, can you get me some towels?" The nurse says to me. I just nod my head and run over to the desk instead. I look at the file, name: Lila Rose Spake. Yes! I look up and see the nurse kneeling down to help Alyssa back up. I look back down and see room number 315. I close the file and look around grabbing some towels.

"Here you go, ma'am." I hand her the towels, she grabs the towels irritated. "Please take her to the room. I'll send someone to help her change into a new gown." I nod my head and begin to push Alyssa. We're almost at the room and I whisper to her, "How the hell did you throw up?"

"I wasn't lying." She starts laughing. "Oh my gosh, I thought you faked it or forced yourself."

"No, I was being serious. Now I smell like throw up. Did you get the room number?"

"Yes, room 315." We walk into the room and Sean's face was in disgust seeing Alyssa's gown. "Do I wanna know?" Sean asked and all we do is nod 'no'. About fifteen minutes later a nurse and doctor come in and help Alyssa out. As soon as they leave we help Sean into a wheelchair.

"You sure you can walk?" I ask Alyssa again. "Yes, just because I gave birth doesn't mean I'm handicapped."

"If you feel like you can't walk anymore, sit on my lap." Sean offers with a grin. She chuckles, "I'll consider it."

I push Sean out the door and Alyssa walks behind us. We walk around the looped hallway looking for the room.
"310..313...315!" Sean says loudly as Alyssa and I shush him. He mouths 'sorry' and we chuckle at him. I knock on the door and we heard a 'come in' in response. We went inside and saw Lila sitting up in bed and she smiles.

Jacob sets me up next to Lila and Alyssa sits next to me.

"I was wondering when you were going to visit me." She tells us before I can speak a word to her.

"Sorry, it took so long we had to find your room," Alyssa says to her. We ask how she is and she says she's feeling better.

"Lila, we need to know if you knew who attacked you," I say as she's taken back a little.

"If you want my statement I gave it to the police." She shuts the conversation down before it even started.

"Lila, come on don't be like that."

"I'm done talking about this, I am internally traumatized."

"Lila, can we see your necklace?" Alyssa asked changing their subject.

"Sure." She takes it off and hands it to her. Alyssa shows me as we look at it. "This might sound crazy but my mom has the same exact one. She told her her necklace was one of a kind."

"That's impossible, my necklace is an original."

"No, it's not. There were only two made and both were sold to the same person." Alyssa said handing her back the necklace. Lila looked nervous and stared at her necklace.

"Lila, I think you're my grandmother and you know it. My mom's name is Annette and her maiden name is Spake. She told me her dad bought her and her mom the same necklace when she was little." I admit as her eyes widen. She sighs before breaking into tears.

"You're right." She confesses to us. My mouth drops and I look at Jacob.

"Why did you hide it? All this time you knew we were her kids. How does she not know you're alive?" Jacob presses questions.

She takes a deep breath before speaking, "I faked my death, I feel like a coward admitting it out loud."

"Why?" I ask her and her eyes shift to mine. 

"Your mother will never forgive me. When my past husband, your grandfather was diagnosed with cancer I was heartbroken. I knew he didn't have long and I couldn't bare seeing him die so I left. Faked my death so I didn't have to go through the pain. But when I heard he died it made things worse. I fell into alcohol and had to go through several years of rehab. When I decided to reach out it was too late. Your mom was successful and living her life I didn't want to ruin anything. I've only bumped into her once at the store but she didn't recognize me."

I sit in silence thinking of what to say next, I was left speechless honestly.

"You're selfish," Jacob says to her, she looks up at him. "You left your daughter alone to deal with her own father's death instead of being there for her." Jacob raises his voice at her.

"Jacob," Alyssa says to him and he just ignored her.

"I don't want you near my mom." He says to her before walking out of the room. I turn back to Lila and she just sighs. "Lila, I'm not sure how I feel about you at the moment but you need to tell my mom before I do. She has the right to know" I say to her before asking Alyssa to push me back to the room. We walk in and Jacob was getting off the phone.

"That was the investigators," He says to us. "Well, what did they say?"

"They told me they think these hits are connected. The guy they have in custody has the same tattoo as the other guys do from the break-in."

"This is all on purpose. It's all connected, it has to be. They're targetting each of us." Alyssa said before sitting down. "Text Adelina or the group about it," I tell Jacob as I see him start to type away.

Dean's dad opened the door and I could see two officers.

"How can I be a service officer?"

"Hello sir, we're wondering- the officer got cut off by Dean's mom yelling.

"Honey who is it?" Jessica yelled from the kitchen. "It's the police, honey." Jessica comes over to the door with her apron dirty. "Hello, may we help you?"

"We're wondering if you know who Adelina Williams is?"

"Yes, I know her. She's dating my son" Dean's dad replied.

"Well, do you happen to know where she is or your son?"

"I have no idea where she is but my son staying with his grandmother for the week". Dean's dad did all the talking while Jessica stood to him.

"You sure you don't know where she is?" One of the officers crept inside a bit to look around.

"I said I don't know. May I ask what this is about?"

"That's classified, sir".

"Well if it involves my son I think I have the right to know."

"Sir, just let us know if you see her. Thank you for your time".

Dean's dad closes the door and scoffs. He watches the police officers drive away from the window. The floorboard opens again as they come back down.

"You guys are going to hide my car and Ruben will take his motorcycle. We'll both leave at the same time but take different routes because the cops parked down the street. They're watching the house." Jessica tells us.

"You think the cops are involved with this?" Ethan asked and Jessica shakes her head 'no', "Those weren't real cops."

"How can you tell?"

"The patches on the uniforms were off and plus the badge number wasn't even complete. They must be from whoever is doing this."

"Sh*t, I got a phone call from an unknown number calling about Ethan's parents."

"Do you still have it?"

"Yeah, here" Ashley hands her phone to Jessica. She types it into her phone. "I'm sending this to my sister, she's good at tracking these things down."

All of our phones buzz and we all look at each other before taking out our phones. It was a text from Jacob all of us were in a group chat, he was updating us.

Jacob: Hey we think these attacks are connected by one person. The investigators told me the guy they have has the same tattoo from the house break-in the other night.

"We need to find out who's doing this," I say as I cock my gun and putting it on the side of my leg. We all go into the car and leave first, we hide so it looks like it's only Jessica in the Lamborghini. It was really tight in the car.

We arrived at the garage but we parked further away so we get a view. Sean's parents were already parked waiting for us. Ruben showed up as we were getting off the car.

"There are about five guys outside, two in the front, two in the back, and one on the rooftop. We split up into two teams. Adults will take down the outside guards. You, kids, get on the roof and inside to see how many guys are inside. Here are your earpieces." He hands us all the earpieces. We go on foot ducking behind cars so we aren't seen.

We see the guards outside starting to fall on the floor as we run toward the side of the building ladder. We go up and as Ethan opens the door a dude comes out. Ethan tackles him down and Dean shuts the door so no one inside hears. Ethan had a gun to his head.

I take the mask off his face, "Who's your boss?"

"It's you." He laughs at me. What the f*ck?

"I said who's your boss?" As I grab the back of his head and pull it. He spits in my face, "F*ck off." I wipe off the spit and rip his sleeve to see the same tattoo.

Ashley punches him in the face, "Look a*shole, answer the question we don't have much time."

"I'd rather die, but you're right you don't." He continues to laugh.

"What does that mean?"

"Tick-Tick Boom." My eyes widen, "We have to hurry up, there's a bomb."

I shoot the guy before walking towards the door. I felt no remorse, I wanted to kill whoever was doing this. Hurting the people I love most.

As Dean opens the door for us to go in, Ethan and Ashley go in. Before I went in Dean grabs my arm, "Whatever happens I want you to know that I love you." I felt my body get goosebumps as my breath hitched. "Adelina?" I didn't know what to say, this is the first time he's said this to me. Perfect timing Dean. I shake out of my thoughts and back to the mission.

"Nothing is going to happen now let's go inside before the bomb goes off." He lets go of my arm looking hurt but just nods. We get inside and we're on the second level of the shop. We see about seven guys down on the first floor as Ethan's parents are tied up with duct tape on their mouths. These guys are literally poker as three other guys are standing near Ethan's parents.

"Alright team, everyone outside is down. We need to go in. What's going on inside?" Dean's dad asks us through the earpiece.

"I've got watch outside while the rest go inside," Sean's dad said.

"There are seven guys on the first floor and my parents are tied up in the middle," Ethan whisper reports.

"Four guys are playing poker and three are near his parents, there's also a bomb" Alyssa adds.

"Let's move quickly."

"Aye Ricky! Go outside and see why Rocco isn't responding," The guy who seemed to be in charge of this operation said to one of his minions. He didn't seem to be the main head of this gang.

"There's a guy going out back," I say giving them a heads-up. The guy walks out the door.

"Got him," Jessica replies.

"Alright, one person needs to protect the victims while the rest of us take them down. On the count of three. One..two.."

We all had a weapon in hand. "Three," Both doors from the front and back opened as the adults headed in firing. The guys stood up from playing poker and shooting. We headed down the stairs fast. Ethan goes over to protect his parents as Ashley assists him by untieing them. I shoot a guy as does Dean. Dean's dad grabbed the "leader" of the operation by the arm and held a gun at him. "Get on your knees" Dean's dad pushes him onto the floor. Ethan's dad punches him in the face. "Who's in charge and what do they want?"

"You aren't getting anything from me. But she might know." He points at me smirking. Ethan's mom hits him in the back of the head with a gun. Which I'm assuming is from Ethan or Ashley.

"Answer us a*shole!"

Blood dripped down from his mouth, "They all know him. He's coming for all of you. By the way you better hurry, tik-tik." He laughs at us, and Jessica shoots him. An explosion went off, my ears were ringing. We all headed towards the door but once we got there it was blocked. I tried to push it. "Try the other door hurry!" I yell as Ashley goes. "It's locked."

Another explosion went off as I duck. I grab the end of my gun and break the windows. As everyone starts to head out I see two guys running into a white van and speeding off. "Where's Ethan and his dad?" Ashley asked looking around. She goes back in. "Ashley no!" I yell trying to grab her arm. Motherf*cker. I go back inside to get her.

I see Ethan and his dad in the office with the safe open. "Ethan let's go!" I try to yell but end up coughing. My asthma started to kick in with the smoke. Sh*t. I felt my lungs burning and my throat slowly closing up. I tried to hold myself up against the wall. "Eth-.." I tried to say his name again.

"Dad we need all this, it's evidence of the treasure."

"Okay, hurry," I explained to him the whole story of opening the safe. We grabbed the papers. I heard my name and turn around to see Ashley struggling to stand up. I shove the papers in my pocket and run over to her. A figure from the smoke appeared, it was Adelina.

"We need to get her out of here now!" She yells as I nod. "We're gonna need some albuterol, Ashley's down and she's got asthma," Adelina says through the earpiece. I turn around, "Dad let's go!" I yell as I see him close the safe. "Go on, I'll be right there." Just as he says that the building starting to come down. Adelina and I lifted Ashley up together heading out. We get out safely and place Ashley on the floor fifteen feet away from the fire. Jessica hands Adelina an inhaler as Ashley is barely conscious.

"Ethan, where's your dad?!"

"He's not out?"

My mom's face turned pale and full of terror. She turns around and starts running back. I run after her and before we knew it the building exploded into flames. Everything was on fire the building and things around it. "No!" My mom yells and Ruben pulls her arm before she can run back. Tears filled my eyes, there was no way. A part of me is hoping he'll walk out. My mom hugs me as she sobs into my chest. Tears fell down my face as I turn her back. The only thing I could think of was I just lost everything. My dad's gone, the shop is demolished, my friends are in the hospital, I almost got driven off the road, and all my family history is gone. My chest felt this sickening pain like this isn't real it can't be. I felt more anger than sadness. I clutch my jaw, whoever did this is going to pay. I will end this. There is no return from where I'm headed.

Now, I've entered hell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245 74 11
An artist with different shades of colour had painted the canvas of Adelina's life. Red, blue, yellow, green; so many variations and tones. Yet, Adr...
133K 2.4K 35
•Hades Bronx known as Ash • Cold-Hearted impulsively Handsome And extremely emotionless + •Avery West• Soft-Hearted Impulsively Beautiful And extre...
80.4K 1.6K 27
Complete✔️ *** "Everything I said yesterday was true. You drive me crazy Adrian." Our lips are inches apart. He pulls my head up exposing my neck. "D...
5.5K 1.1K 31
*3rd Place Winner-The Writer's Award 2021* "I see bright flashing lights. Emergency lights. I'm on the pavement. It's raining. I hear voices of EMTs...