Caffeine Rush (Avengers Fanfi...

By TheDragonWitch22

Jesse Sharpe is just a normal barista working at a hole-in-the-wall coffeeshop, at least that's what it looks... More

Chapter 1: The Offer
Chapter 3: Introducing Rush
Chapter 4: You Didn't See That Coming?
Chapter 5: The First Taste
Chapter 6: Green Team Unite!
Chapter 7: The Origin of Lokitty
Chapter 8: Homesick
Chapter 9: Record Setting
Chapter 10: What Took You So Long?
Chapter 11: Better Call Gandalf
Chapter 12: Strange Lies and Lightning Strikes
Chapter 13: CASS Explained
Chapter 14: Making Headlines
Chapter 15: Progress
Chapter 16: Not that kind of Doctor
Chapter 17: Lokie Dokie
Chapter 18: Speedsters Aren't Known for Patience
Chapter 19: To Those We've Lost
Chapter 20: Coping, I Guess
Chapter 21: An Unexpected Snow
Chapter 22: The Things I Do
Chapter 23: Dream of Me

Chapter 2: Meeting the Avengers

1K 29 1
By TheDragonWitch22

Tony smirked and floored the gas, rocketing back to Avenger headquarters in upstate New York with no regard for the speed limit. I also had no regard for that number. A normal billionaire and a multiversal speedster, what a pair of speed breakers we were. I quickly sent an email to my boss, saying I wouldn't be coming back—ever—and giving the plethora of reasons why, adding a screw you to the end—the guy didn't even know what was in an Americano, the easiest drink in the coffee business. "You better not change your mind because I am officially unemployed."

"Until tomorrow." Tony commented from the driver side. A newfound excitement bubbled up inside me, I knew I was impulsive but not this impulsive, except the one time that got me stuck in a time loop, but what could possibly go wrong with being employed by the Avengers? Ooh right, that was me forgetting that I had superhuman speed to keep from them.

Tony pulled up to the front door and tossed his keys to a valet. I grabbed the ice cream again and followed him into the lobby, well aware that I stuck out like a sore thumb. I was still wearing my work clothes, that is coffee stained jeans and tee shirt, I was carrying a three gallon tub of ice cream and I was walking and talking with Tony Stark as if I was supposed to be (I probably wasn't). Not to mention that my hair was literally white with blue roots—I told people I dyed it but it was all natural, if I didn't vibrate at such a high frequency, it would just be blue, but with the speed thing, it bleached most of my hair white because of the speed at which it moves through the air. Yeah, I was not gonna go unnoticed. Cue the fourth wall sigh.

Tony walked through security, but when I tried to follow, I was stopped, but he called back, "she's with me." Like a juvenile, I stuck my tongue out at the security guard as I went after him. Stepping into the restricted hallway, he said, "FRIDAY, look into getting security clearance for Jesse, I don't want her to have to get an escort every time she comes and goes."

"Of course, sir." A British robot voice said in the walls. I would've jumped but I was kinda expecting it, the Tony Stark doppelgänger in my world had something similar named CASS, he said it stood for 'Consult All Stark Shit', it always made me snicker when I thought about it.

"Nice to meet you, FRIDAY." I said, looking up at the ceiling.

"Welcome to Avenger Headquarters, Miss Sharpe." FRIDAY greeted, causing a smile to light my face.

Tony led me into an open concept communal living room, kitchen, and bar. The place was huge, easily three times the size of my apartment and this was just a single room. I gazed around wide eyed, speechless, this was so much better than the Shack and I hadn't even started yet.

Tony took me on a quick tour of the floor, showed me where everything in the kitchen was (where I put the ice cream away), and finally introduced me to the bar. "I was thinking that I would set you up here, and you can finally show me your skills with alcohol."

I laughed as I acquainted myself with what he already had. A whole wall of alcohol, a small sink, shelves of different types of glassware, an ice chest and maker—currently filled with canned beer, no doubt for Steve or Clint—beverage garnishes in a small cooler, bartender equipment (shakers, jiggers, juicers, blenders, mixing glasses, etc.), but nothing that was barista specific. Glancing over to the kitchen, there was a single coffee maker that looked like it had never been used.

Tony stood there expectantly with his arms crossed over his chest as I did a quick assessment of what he had and what I needed. "I'll make a list for FRIDAY. Starting with an espresso machine, I'm thinking this is a good spot for it." I gestured to a stretch of counter space that didn't have seating on the other side. "And that canned beer has to go."

"I agree. FRIDAY, give Jesse anything she needs." Tony authorized. "You wanna stay for lunch?"

"Absolutely, what're you makin'?"

"I was just gonna order pizza for everyone."

"Oh, I love pizza, I'll eat any kind, but I need a whole pie to myself. Maybe more than one." I mused, salivating at just the thought.

Tony snorted, "what, do you eat like an Asgardian?" Fifteen minutes later, when ten pizzas had arrived, he snorted to himself upon realization and commented, "you really do eat like an Asgardian. How do you fit nearly two whole pizzas in that little body of yours?"

I paused before answering semi-truthfully, "insanely high metabolism, if I don't eat at least three thousand calories a day, I start fainting. My normal range is five or six thousand." I explained around a slice of pizza.

"That's why you asked to provide snacks for you." Tony remarked, not judging. All of the Avengers were basically considered top athletes, the enhanced ones more so, he was probably used to it. I nodded, my mouth filled with pizza. "I'll make sure you don't have to worry about a low calorie intake."

Overcome with gratitude, I threw my arms around his neck and made this ungodly squealing sound, "thank you, thank you, thank you. You are literally my most favoritest person ever, Tony."

Our little moment was interrupted by someone clearing their throat. Pulling back, I saw an embarrassed look on his face before we turned to look at who had arrived. Contrary to popular opinion, Tony Stark did have human emotions, well, most of them anyway. Turning to the new arrivals, I think my brain may have went into overdrive, the whole world seemed to stand still with my shock. The frostbit doppelgänger of Captain America, the female Widowmaker, a younger Auntie Wanda, the mechanical-winged Falcon, and the non-crime-boss White Wolf. Lord Thunder hadn't been heard from in a while, busy with off world adventures, and the Beast was probably in a lab somewhere tinkering, as for Ronin—the partner of Widowmaker—I had no idea where he was. My brain got over it's shock and returned to processing things at a normal speed. I had to remind myself of the correct names and aliases of their doppelgängers in this world. But I was curious to see if Auntie Wanda recognized me, but given I was from a different universe and I didn't think a doppelgänger of me existed in this world, it was far less than unlikely.

"Oh, uh, hi!" I waved, both excited and terrified to be meeting them. The Avengers in my universe were more celebrities than heroes, only a handful still actively participated in planetary defense, which made meeting real heroes even more exciting.

Tony burst out laughing, "you did not actually just do that."

I smacked his shoulder, then indignantly said, "yes, I did, you forget who you are sometimes, but I regret nothing." To be honest, meeting a Tony Stark doppelgänger wasn't that big of a deal for me because he had been my cool uncle and now a best friend in two different worlds—the only exception would be Superior Ironman, that guy was freakin' awesome despite being evil. I had hardly interacted with any of the others in my world so I was meeting them really for the first time.

"Care to introduce your friend, Tony?" Steve pointed out.

"Yeah! Care to introduce me, Tony?" I sassed at him.

"Not particularly."

I scoffed and turned to the Captain, "ignore him, he's an idiot." I heard a couple snickers come from behind him, "We've actually met once before, black Americano if I remember correctly."

"I'm sorry, Captain America ordered the most American espresso drink in all of history. That is just too good!" Tony started cackling.

Steve ignored him, eyes fixed on me, "how did you know that?"

"Jesse Sharpe, barista, but I guess now I'm your barista, well the team's anyway. Tony hired me, I'm officially available on the clock tomorrow any time, day or night."

Steve sighed and gave Tony a look, "why did you hire a coffee girl?"

"Coffee girl!?" I growled, a little outraged at his blasphemous words, "you have insulted the coffee gods! May they curse you with a caffeine hangover or make you bald with facial hair . . . whichever comes first."

Tony raised an eyebrow in my direction while Cap just looked stunned. I don't think anyone had ever cursed him before, with caffeine hangover or otherwise. "You deserved that one Cap, having tasted what she can do, and still questioning my decision. Besides, we're the Avengers, we get called out at all hours to save the world, wouldn't it be handy to have someone on hand who can keep us caffeinated in a snap?"

I noticed the clock and smirked, knowing I could demonstrate pretty easily. Turning around so they couldn't see what I was doing, I used my super speed to make Tony his regular smoothie. I placed the glass in front of him and watched his face light up. "Your two o'clock smoothie. Strawberry, banana, mango, hint of mint."

Tony tried the first sip and groaned, "FRIDAY, if you can get that espresso machine installed before six, I will be eternally grateful."

"Right away sir."

"There is no need to rush the AI, I'll still get you your six o'clock usual, just might take an extra minute if I have to break into my old coffee shop." Probably less than that actually, but I wasn't going to tell him that. "I'll get started on that list if you're gonna have everything by tomorrow." I thought quickly, they already had most of the equipment so it was just the other ingredients. Noticing they had started a conversation that I wasn't part of, I found a camera and started signing my list to it in ASL so as not to disturb them, "F-R-I-D-A-Y, order two cartons of each of the Avenger's milk preference along with steaming pitchers, espresso beans, the basic flavorings, you know, vanilla, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, strawberry, et cetera, and any requests from the team, I'll also need a knock box installed. That's it for now."

"The order will be here late this evening, Miss Sharpe." I sent an ASL 'thank you' up to the AI.

Tony furrowed his brow and turned to me, "what are you talking about FRIDAY? Jesse didn't even give you her list yet."

"That assumption would be incorrect, Mr. Stark. Miss Sharpe has said to order any flavors requested by the team along with her list." The AI said matter of factly.

"I feel like I missed something." Tony muttered. The other Avengers just shrugged, they had missed it too.

"Don't worry about it too much, Tony, I gotta run some quick errands but I'll be back to get you your usual." I couldn't help the smile that lifted my face at the pun in that statement. "You guys tell FRIDAY about any flavors you prefer so that she can order them for me. I'll see you later." With a wave backwards, I went back through the hall, voices becoming muffled the further I became.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 162 19
*** ON HOLD FOR A WHILE *** You are Y/N Stark, daughter of one of the most famous and rich men in the world: Tony Stark. After taking a break for a y...
91 3 12
Sequel to Space in my Head Thanos has been defeated. Tony Stark is dead. His daughter; Avalon Stark is now on her own. From being a young girl, confr...
662 55 6
Angels are the fighters of God. Their forms are different but seen as a mesh of eyes and feathers. However in this world that is viewed in the eyes o...
274K 10.1K 47
AGE OF GLORY Book One · ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ · "Pietro," Wanda whispers to him in Sokovian, "Pietro, come back. Dear brother, I need you." His vitals come b...