Hourglass [Quintessential Qui...

By Kiriyarin_

Each of them has their own stories, their own choices. A lot of new characters, new choices and new events, t... More

Chapter 2 - The Beyond
Chapter 3 - Trouble Divided Into Five
Chapter 4 - Butterfly Effect
Chapter 5 - Stars Collide
Chapter 6 - Reflection
Chapter 7 - Encounter
Chapter 8 - All Sides
Chapter 9 - Trickster (Ⅰ)
Chapter 10 - Trickster (Ⅱ)
Chapter 11 - Preliminary
Valentine Special - Foudre
Chapter 12 - Ignite
Chapter 13 - Crisis Management
Chapter 14 - Siren's Song
Chapter 15 - Promise
Chapter 16 - Echoes of Betrayal
Chapter 17 - Confession and the Charming Maid (Ⅰ)
Chapter 18 - Emotions and the Forgiven Maid (Ⅱ)
Chapter 19 - Trouble in Paradise (Ⅲ)
Chapter 20 - Cast Away (Ⅳ)
Interlude Chapter - Friends All Over the World
Chapter 21 - Queen of Hearts (Ⅴ)
Chapter 22 - New Beginnings ( Ⅵ )
Chapter 23 - Someday in the Rain
Chapter 24 - Make a Spell
Chapter 25 - Darkness Falls, a Star Is Born
Chapter 26 - Calamity Fortune
Chapter 27 - Tales of Snow
Chapter 28 - The Melancholy of Nakano Nino
Chapter 29 - Lost & Found
Chapter 30 - Break a Spell (Ⅰ)
Chapter 31 - Break a Spell (ⅠⅠ)
Chapter 32 - Connection
Chapter 33 - Operation: True Love
Chapter 34 - A Few Mistakes Ago
Chapter 35 - Dandelions
Chapter 36 - Heartstrings
Chapter 37 - Through Rose-Colored Glasses
[Part 1 Finale] Chapter 38 - For Whom the Bells Toll
Chapter 39 - Begin the Offensive
Chapter 40 - Roll Like We Used To
Interlude Chapter - Whims of Fate (I)
Chapter 41 - The ABC's of Live
Chapter 42 - Trouble Multiplied By Five
Chapter 43 - Calliope (I)
To You, The Worthless Excuse
To You, The Absolutely Worthless Excuse
To You, Who Awaits The Snowmelt
To You, What Hidden Behind Your Eyelids

Chapter 1 - White Memory

2.7K 31 7
By Kiriyarin_

𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 [ 𝐒𝐢𝐱 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 ]

Third Person POV:

''I really love winter. Doesn't it make you feel alive?''

As the sun began to set and the chill of the snowy evening descended upon the bustling streets of Tokyo, three figures were walking with cups of hot coffee in their hands.

''I'm not sure, Asuka. It's kind of you to invite me over for coffee, but you know we have exams coming up.'' said one.

''We don't often have holidays, so take advantage of it, Fuutarou. Every now and then, even you need a break-off.''

Saying this, the blond teenager smiled and sipped his coffee. His name is Asuka Shoji. A freshman at Asahiyama High, though they're almost in second year now that their school term is almost over.

''Unlike some of us, I care about my grades, Asuka. Although I haven't seen you fail a course yet...''

Uesugi Fuutarou, A student who is really concerned about his academics and notes. He had come to buy coffee today at Asuka's urging. Normally, his plan was to stay home, study and maybe spend time with his sister. Asuka and Fuutarou have been great friends since elementary school. In their childhood, Usually Asuka was the troublemaker due his energetic personality, Fuutarou was trying to fix it. They had such a relationship.

''Oh, you say so? Aren't you the one who copied me by dying your hair blonde, teehee~?''

Fuutarou's cheeks turned slightly red with embarrassment with this answer.

''I thought it was cool back then...But it never fit me in the same way it did you. Isn't your face the reason you're so popular at school? What was the term in that Otome games...Ikemen?''

''I wouldn't say it that way Fuutarou. I'm just a normal student living a normal high school life.''

''Bruv, Are you kidding me? Nineteen girl asked you out for a date last week? NINETEEN.''

''It truly reeks of sweet sweet jealousy.''

''OUCH!'' As Asuka was in the midst of speaking, Fuutarou scooped up some snow from his jacket and tossed it at Asuka's face.

''Well deserved.''

''Rude as ever, my my.'' Asuka gently chuckled, brushing off the snow from his nose.

''Our classmates only know you from the outside. You ain't telling them you're actually a certificated weeb and gaming addict at home, are you?''

''And what's the problem in that? I've always enjoyed playing games since like...forever and you know that well.''

Asuka, known as the charismatic captain of the Asahiyama High soccer team, had an undeniable charm that made him popular with the girls. His looks and athleticism made him an unattainable figure and a treasure.

''I know I know. Don't you have... Like a gazillion or so games in your Steam Library, geez. I wish you would take care of your lessons a little bit. You can prioritize your lessons over other things sometimes.''

''They're not bad. Actually, they're pretty good. It's just that yours are unnecessarily high, Fuutarou. I have no intention of cutting back on my social life yet.''

''I have a social life...'' Fuutarou mumbled silently.

''When was the last time you talked to a girl?'' Asuka quirked an eyebrow before taking a sip of his coffee.

''Yesterd-''

''Raiha-chan doesn't count.''

''Two days a-''

''Girls who ask you for help with math and formulas don't count either.''

''Fuck you.''

''See?''

As the conversation continue, the group arrived at the seaside. Snow continued to fall in all its grace, covering the world with a white blanket.

Asuka leaned lightly against the beach's fence and gazed out at the sea and the snowfall. He wanted to spend his holidays with his friends. The final exams were soon to begin, so he wanted to seize this opportunity.

Fuutarou sighed and leaned against the fence as well next to Asuka, and they smiled each other.

''Are you two really straight or just messing with me?''

A third voice that didn't belong to either of them broke the silence. Silent from the beginning, he finally spoke.

''You don't have to be that grumpy, Kazu-chin.'' Asuka said.

''Come on Kazuma...'' Fuutarou followed with a sigh.

''You dragged me this far, Asuka, at least keep your secret yaoi relationship a secret.''

Kazuma Kurosawa, also attends the same high school as them, but his presence casts an eerie and unsettling feeling over their once familiar surroundings. 

''I said we were going for coffee, and you didn't even buy any." Asuka sighed in a soft tone.

''I'm just not in the mood for coffee.''

Unlike Fuutarou and Asuka, Kazuma made a single leap onto the fence that they were both clinging to. He then grab a beer can from his backpack and turned his to face the water.

''Seriously...?! We'll have to carry you if you get drunk on the road...'' Fuutarou looked at Kazuma with his sharp eyes yet gave up.

''You know I have high alcohol tolerance, this isn't the first time I'm drinking with you two.''

''B-but...!''

''Don't tire yourself, Fuutarou. You know he never listen. That's what make Kazuma our friend after all.''

Kazuma's a boy who can be described somewhere between existing and non-existing. A boy who always disappears and no one knows where he is until class he wants to be found.

Yet, Asuka's grades were nowhere near the level of the other two. His academic performance was just little above average.

''Well, I guess the view from here isn't that bad...'' Kazuma said while sipping the can beer he bought from nearby market.

''I told you it would be worth our time, didn't I? That's why I asked you to come, hehe.'' Asuka take a look at his half-filled coffee and talk.

''Asked? You kept knocking on my door, and when I didn't answer, you just sat there. At my door, in the middle of a snowstorm. If I hadn't opened the door and let you in, you'd have froze to death.''

''Don't get too caught up in the details!...''

Meanwhile, Fuutarou had taken out his phone and checked the weather forecast while other two argue. ''We should head home quickly...It seems like the snow is becoming stronger.''

''Maybe we should—''

''Onee-chan~ Me and my friend have an idea~ How about you come to our house we'll take good care of you...~''

His words were abruptly cut off by the intervention of a thick and disgusting voice. Two street punks, probably drunks, had pinned a high school girl against a wall a few meters away.

''At this hour—?'' Fuutarou sighed.

''I'm calling the police. This thing has started to become often around here, tch.'' Asuka exclaimed in an angry tone and reached for his phone but before he even had a chance to pick up his phone, a shadow passed by him at almost the speed of light. ''Kazu-chin!''

''Kazuma!''

.

.

.

''So, whaddya say onee-chan?
~ We just want to have fun~ ''

An unknown hand touched the shoulder of one of the men who was harrassing the poor girl. The man began to shout and felt disturbed by the cold touch.

''Do you have a problem with me, you litt—GH! ''

Without uttering a single word, the sound of pain reverberated through the air, sending shivers down the spines of anyone within earshot. The man's face contorted in agony as he clutched his leg, trying to process what had just happened. He had barely any time to react before Kazuma closed the distance between them with lightning speed.

In a split second, Kazuma's foot connected with the man's shin, delivering a swift and accurate kick that felt like an explosion of torment. The impact was so forceful that the man's scream pierced the silence, echoing off the nearby walls, a visceral manifestation of the pain he was experiencing.

Yet, he showed no signs of stopping. In quick succession, he followed up with a second blow, this time utilizing his elbow with brutal efficiency. The targeted area was the man's ribcage, and the force of the strike knocked the breath out of him and some—

*S H A T T E R*

If you listen carefully, one can even hear a few cracking sounds. After falling to the ground with screams, the man was begging for help to his friend standing next to him. However, the other drunk man chose to abandon his friend and fled without looking back.

The man lying on the ground watched his friend ran away with tears welled in his eyes.

''...AAAAAAAAHHH...!!!''

The drunkard's right wrist rightfully crushed by the boy's shoes. The crackle was so loud that it surpassed even the sound of the scream.

''A-ah, p-please h-have mercy...H-He is going to kill me. HELP!''

Kazuma raised his right fist one last time to land it in directly the man's face, but then;

''Enough!—''

Two figures from behind grabbed Kazuma's arms.

''Kazu-chin, that's enough! He's already in a terrible shape! That's overkill.'' Asuka utter while he was trying to control Kazuma's one arm.

''Kazuma, calm down. I'm sure you don't want to deal with the cops!'' Fuutarou tightened his hold on Kazuma's other arm, trying to control over. ''...!?''

"Let go of me! I'm gonna rip out this son of a bitch's heart!" Kazuma growled, attempting to free himself from the firm grips of Fuutarou and Asuka. His boots were stained with the blood, and his breaths came in ragged gasps.

...

''Tch, I was pretty calm.''

Kazuma eventually stopped resisting, and his friends handed over control of his arms back.

''You were certainly fucking not.'' Fuutarou retorted.

''Nevermind. Asuka, take care of the girl. She's trembling.''

''O-okay...''

The girl was trembling and crying in the corner while all this was going on. It was her first experience with something like this.

Asuka gently approached the crying girl who squirming in the corner. He then knelt down and stood about the same height as the sitting girl.

''Are you okay, miss? Please don't worry, me and my friends took care of the bad guys.''

The girl slowly and by one by calmed down and stopped trembling although no one knew whether it was a spell or a talent. She's looking directly at Asuka's face, eye to eye. It's always easier to get along with people when one has a perfect face that fascinates everyone, especially girls.

''How does he manage to do this every time?! Kit-Aura?'' Fuutarou mutter with a certain jealousy and irration in his voice tone and began to check upon the fainted man.

Blushes appear to form on the girl's cheeks. She mesmerized by Asuka's look and eventually her tears stop flowing.

''You shouldn't be standing under the snow like this, go home. We'll take care of the rest.'' said Asuka.

The high school girl nodded slightly and started to leave the crime scene without saying anything with blushes on her cheeks.

''What are we going to do with this guy? He seems fine, just a broken right hand. Thanks to the whodunnit person!'' Fuutarou sent a death glare to Kazuma. ''Geez.''

But he just whistled and looked away. ''Leave him like that, let him take care of himself when he wakes up.''

''Then there is nothing we can do here. Let's go back home Kazu-chin, Fuutarou.''

"Before we head home, let me treat you two to dinner.''

Asuka and Fuutarou's eyes widened in surprise. Kazuma was never the type to buy something for his friends. Both of them were taken aback by their friends' gesture.

Approaching the unconscious man lying on the floor, Kazuma wore a vague smile on his face as he reached over the man's body and took his wallet from the drunkard's pocket.

''Like I said, my treat...''

- - -

Author Note:

And so our first episode ends, It was a bit short, but the purpose of it was introducing you to our characters! Wait for the next episodes!

Also, feel free to give me advices and saying your comments for the chapters!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 284 33
Sora was 1 year old when he got sent to America. As he grew up he always got bullied and learned the truth about himself. He got upset & isolated him...
17.3K 665 14
Someone caught Bokuto's attention. He was friends with her, they were close but it's not close enough like Bokuto wants it. He has feelings for her. ...
94.5K 2.9K 61
In this story you are Y/N a normal boy who is going to have a hell of a meeting. Immerse yourself in the history of Y/N and his 4 best friends (The m...
179K 4.1K 39
One day you are asked by Fuutaro to help on a new job he just got to tutor, 5 girls? Damn that's a lot.. This is the story of love between you and t...