Just us // Jay Kelso

Bởi Forevernx

Aurora "Rory" Stokes never really found the amusement of doing the same things but what happens when a new gi... Xem Thêm

Before we start!
Epigraph
Playlist
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22

CHAPTER 1

5.3K 82 27
Bởi Forevernx

⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳

"Before everything"

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

I'm bored.

It's been a few days since summer began. I've been dying to do something entertaining, and when I mean entertaining I mean something my friends and I haven't accomplished before.

Usually, by now, I would be at Gwen's house down the street bothering her and her half-brother Nate. But I woke up late today and didn't feel like waking up until one. It's currently 1:30 and I have gotten up and done my morning routine.

I make my way to the kitchen and examine my cabinets and what a coincidence! Nothing good to consume at the moment.

Sighing I grab an apple and make my way out the door. The walk to the Runck residents isn't that distant so it didn't take me long to get there.

I had finished the apple already and I make my way up to the door. I notice their mom's car is gone. "I guess it was fixed" I mumble while inviting myself in.

I go to the kitchen to throw away the apple but then make my way toward a hallway.

It's not a surprise that I just walk in, it is something all of us have gathered a habit on.

"Hello?" I make my route through the hallway to Gwen's room. I doubt she heard my shout since she usually has her headphones on listening to music.

Unexpectedly I hear shuffling to my left and see Nate coming out of his room. "Rory? I didn't know you were coming over." the boy's face of confusion wipes away when he realizes it's just me.

I turn around to look at him, "I never really announce it, but I just arrived," I informed the boy Runck's sibling.

"Oh, yeah! You're right, you do just come over." he starts to walk away into the kitchen while chuckling to himself.

I amusingly stroll away too but to Gwen's room.

"Boo!"

The curly-haired girl leaped at the sudden opening of her door. "Damn Aurora, you can't keep doing that shit."

I giggle and walk into her room shutting the door behind me. "My bad didn't mean to scare you."

"Yeah, mhm sure."

Aurora walks up to Gwen's bed and commences to get comfortable by sitting down by the headrest.

"So, what are we doing today?" I questioned the girl that's concentrating on trying to find a song to play.

She looks up at me barely, "I don't know, I know Nate and Nikki have a date. I have no clue what Jay is doing, probably being weird."

I roll my eyes at the comment of the Kelso boy. There was something that constantly annoyed me about him. Perhaps it's the way he always tries to flirt with girls or the way he makes the worst jokes at the wrong time.

Even his hair. I can't stand his hair.

Everyone says it's his best feature. I don't think he has one at all. He just Irks my soul. The way he attempts to tease me when I dismiss him makes it even worse.

"Let's chill with Ozzie today." Gwen starts to speak again which wipes me out of my thoughts.

I glance up at her, "Yes! I miss his grouchy self." I excitedly get up and walk up to her desk which has a bunch of papers.

"You gonna call him or am I?" I ask while peeking at the random papers.

"I'll do it," she declares before heading to the kitchen to use the phone there.

I wander back to the bed I was once comfy on and try to get that feeling back.

I start to think about things that we could do but nothing good is arising in my head except going to the lake.

To do what? No clue.

Kinda wanna see if the trail has new flowers growing, they were pretty before. I wonder what kind of fish are in that lake. I know there is fish in there I've seen at least one while I was swimming in it.

Should we swim in it today? Nah I don't feel like changing.

I dart my attention to the door once I hear striding outside.

Gwen arrives back inside the room and sits next to me on the bed.

"So basically, it's 2:30 right now and he'll be over by 3:00. What should we do when he gets here?" She asks me while pushing her pillow.

"I was thinking we could go to the lake. We haven't gone in a while, and I don't know anything new around here." I grunt the end out.

She looks at me with a thoughtful expression, "yeah we can go to the lake, I found this random seed on the ground yesterday while I was coming home and I wanted to see what would happen if I planted it."

"I don't even wanna know what goes through your head sometimes." I laugh at her plan.

"I didn't know where to plant it so the trail would be perfect! They would never know it was me and just assume it blossomed itself if it turns out bad!" she looked very pleased with her idea which made me laugh more.

I smile and look at her, "fine we could grow your seed, even if it may take a while."

"Yeah, see I knew you'd be down!" she grabs my hands and starts to excitedly shake them.

I get up from the bed once again, "alright let's wait for him outside so we can head straight over after."

She nods her head and gets up too. She makes her way to her paper-covered desk and moves some around.

She opens her drawer and moves more stuff around until she finds what she's looking for.

The damn seed.

"Come on!" she walks to the door, opens it, and strides to the front door. I follow behind her but I close her bedroom door and the front door.

I don't get why she would pick up a random seed from the floor. A SINGULAR SEED.

After waiting for a few minutes Ozzie finally arrives at Gwen's house. We told him the plan and walked to the trail that leads to the lake.

Once we make it there Gwen starts to walk a little faster than us to find a good spot for the random seed.

"That seed has probably seen so many things that I would never wanna see," Ozzie says in a matter-a-fact way.

"I don't even wanna know what part of town she found it in," he goes on.

I agree with the shorter boy next to me but I was distracted by looking around for new flowers I'd never seen.

They all either looked the same, were old, or were just not eye-catching.

There was a beautiful blue one that I laid my eyes on though. It was a few steps ahead of us but I could still make it up.

Once Gwen found her spot, Ozzie stayed with her while I went to go see the flower from earlier.

It was a beautiful blue color. The petals were all even surprising. I don't know what flower this is but it's very lovely to look at.

"Aurora! Rory! Come here!" I hear Gwen shout from her spot.

I head over to my two squatting friends. "What is it?" I ask the two.

"We have to dig a hole but Ozzie doesn't wanna get his hands dirty." she glares at him.

"Help me?" she looks at me with a pleading look.

I didn't plan on getting dirty but I guess it's whatever, "yeah, I'll help."

I squat down beside my two friends. "Here?" I point down at a certain part of the dirt.

She nods her head and starts digging her hands into the dirt. I help right after her, trying to make the hole good enough.

"You guys do realize you need to find a way to put water on it after right?" Ozzie states that it's the most obvious thing in the world.

Couldn't he mention this before we started this? "Shit, I'll go find a way to get water. Stay here and finish the hole." I start to get up.

The lake shouldn't be far from here at all so I make my way toward the area the trail continues in.

It takes me about three minutes to get there. Fuck, what am I supposed to capture the water with?

I look around trying to find anything. I make my way to the bushes to see if the wind blew anything into them.

Looking behind a bush I notice a plastic cup.

Convenient.

I grab the cup and head to the lake. I first put my hands in there to clean the dirt off them.

Then I submerge the cup into the water to gather it.

I don't know how the cup is not broken but I'm not complaining.

I slowly turn around to head back down the trail. Slower than last time thought, I don't want anyway water to be wasted.

It took me a while but I eventually made it back.

"Look what I found" I smile at them. They must have planted the seed already since the hole was covered. I didn't think I took that long. Impatient bitches.

"Awh you buried it already." I let out a small frown but shrugged it off.

I crouch in front of the patch of dirt and pour the water on it.

"That should be good enough," I tell them.

"Yeah, we should start heading back anyway, the sun is starting to set."

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

It's been an hour and a half since that moment. We had all gone our ways to our houses but I didn't go back to mine.

I know the house was empty so I didn't think it was necessary to head back so fast.

I've gotten quite bored, though, I had looked at the town, and looked at the stars in the sky.

But suddenly I had gained a bunch of goosebumps on my back, the feeling of being watched had appeared in the back of my mind.

I look behind me and notice a shadow figure from a distance behind me.

Creeped out I start to walk faster to my house, but the person behind me starts to quicken their pace too.

Shit, shit, shit.

I should have just gone straight home. I don't know why I stayed out longer.

My house starts to come into view but the house beside mine has someone outside.

Quickly realizing it's Jay's house I speed up even more. I might dislike him but I don't know what this person behind me is cable of.

I look behind me and see their gaining on me. That's all it took for me to run.

I ran, I ran so fast to the figure outside the house next to mine.

And of course, the figure had to be jay.

I'm assuming he noticed me full-on sprinting in his direction cause his eyes widened.

"Jay," I whisper-shouted at him.

I look back and noticed the person had slowed down.

I still go up to jay and stand right next to him.

"What's wrong?" He quickly asks me noticing my distress and the state I was in.

I look up at the boy, "there was someone following me, I don't know who it was." I speak but notice my uneven breaths.

Shit.

I better not be getting a panic attack right now. I can't have one now. Shit. Just breath. Fuck, fuck, fuck, I can't. I look up at Jay and see his lips moving but I can't hear what his saying.

I start to shake slightly, I couldn't control my breathing, I can't hear the boy in front of me, and the random person is probably watching me still.

I can't, I can't do this-

"AURORA." I snap out of my thoughts and look up at the boy.

Jay puts his hands on my shoulders to stop me from shaking I believe.

"Come on, breath with me." He says

"Breathe in." He breathes in and I try to mimic him

"Now out." He breathes out this time but I still came out staggered.

"The stranger won't hurt you Aurora, he can't get to you, your okay, look see you're fine." He tries to reassure me.

I finally regain my senses and look up at the boy.

He pulls me into a hug and hugs me tightly, "I'm not gonna lie that scared me." He says to me but I just wiggle out of his embrace and look at him. "Welcome back to the world" he tries to joke with me. But I just look at him.

"You okay now? Do you want me to walk you home?" His face changes once he realizes I'm not gonna laugh.

"Please" I take a step back and look at him.

He lets out a smile and turns towards my house. "Come on" he lets me walk in front of him.

Once we made it to my front door I turned towards him, "Thanks."

"Of course." I walk into my house and he steps off my steps and heads back to his house.

I sigh and rub my face. Exhausted I head to my room and change out of my clothes.

I lay in bed but barely get any sleep that night. I kept thinking about everything that happened.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

2.6K 26 24
Mahjabeen Abdelnour, who goes by Mahja, was born in America from parents who came from Saudi Arabia. Mahja had faced so much hate for being Muslim wh...
61K 756 31
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇: two costars fall in love during a time where everything seems black and white 𝐎𝐑 kansas clarke finally finds love with her best fr...
610 0 31
This summer is goin' to be amazing. Outer banks, paradise on the Earth and here I am livin' my dreams. Hopefully... Y/n Routledge is young girl full...
153 38 9
Have you ever had to watch your guy best friend the guy you not so secretly love, fall in love, 11 times over? But it's fine cause you're popular an...