this isn't our first time aro...

By aireexoxo

[SLOW UPDATE] Jungkook dreamt about this particular scene every night since he was 15. The dream eventually s... More

Author's Note
000: Prologue
Intro
101: Jeon Jungkook
102: Lalisa Manoban
103: The Encounter
104: The Life We Left
105: Airport Club pt. 1
106: Airport Club pt.2
107: Big, Bigger, Biggest
108: Brother Issue
109: Wasted

110: Never Not

18 2 0
By aireexoxo

Jungkook rubbed his face frustratingly. Seriously? It's the third this week. This whole dream-drama made him feel like he's not sleeping enough, went to the office with dark circles and more cups of coffee everyday. It's been exactly a month since the first day he dreamt again, and although he felt adjusted to this routine he's still wishing he could stop being somebody else when he sleeps.

Plus falling in love with a woman he didn't even know makes him feel like a joke because it always feels real and sincere whenever he closes his eyes and thinks about her. He knew he remembers exactly how she looks like when he was in his dream, but when he woke up he couldn't even recall what color the dress she wore. All that was left was memories of the scenes and some weird instincts that went nowhere, growing a paranoia inside of him.

The dream today was no different. He could still hear the loud banging and someone yelling outside, while he packed his clothes in a shabby bag that contrasted with the whole room. Anxiety that crept over his shoulder felt like forever, his eyes were warm and blurred from tears. He knew he was betrayed.

Jungkook shook his head. No. This weekend he's not gonna let anything ruin his mood. He's leaving for Busan today to visit his father, and he's going to stop thinking about it.

Should I get a haircut? Jungkook wondered as he slicked his hair back. It's getting longer and becoming harder to style, but he grew on it, it felt a little nice actually. But Seokjin already pointed it out and told him to cut it short to keep it professional, although that was ironic because his own hair was longer than Jungkook's.

Maybe that man was joking, he always said some nonsense in the middle of a serious conversation and laughed at his own joke. It wasn't even funny, but because he's the boss and he's smart as hell everyone tolerated it somehow. Although Jungkook would chuckle whenever he remembered those dad jokes Seokjin threw at him, at real-time Jungkook never found it amusing. It ruined the moment sometimes, but that old man didn't care.

Seokjin was careless and having fun, Jungkook strangely adore that guy.

-

Jungkook tidied up his long coat, stepping out from the elevator. He glanced at a couple of security guards that stood in front of the entry door, refusing to let someone in. They were strict and thorough, really dedicated to keeping the apartment buildings quiet and safe. That guy they declined to go in may be an ex of someone in the apartment, trying to have his way to the block. He brought a big bouquet of flowers and a huge Gucci bag.

Almost all of the security guards were young and still pretty bright, they were kind and friendly to the residents. Only one on the apartment block was pretty old, maybe 68 years old. People called him Yongji-ahjussi. He's been working in the area since the 80s, and the manager decided to keep him around. Although the parking gate on the other apartment blocks already have all-automated parking service, in this block there was still a human-operated post which Yongji-ahjussi worked at.

Jungkook sometimes visited Yongji-ahjussi's post after he went to Busan to give him some food he brought. Yongji-ahjussi lived alone in the nearby neighborhood after all of his children had their own family. They were pretty close, every time Jungkook went through the parking gate Yongji-ahjussi would have something to tell him, like shocking news or gossip in the community.

"Jungkook-ssi, I heard the unit next to yours was finally rented. You know, the one that got a very bad reputation because someone killed herself last year? Someone rented it, finally. A very nice and pretty lady." Yongji-ahjussi said while scanning through Jungkook's card.

Jungkook nodded and smiled politely. This news unsurprisingly makes Yongji-ahjussi excited because he's been struggling to market the unit since the manager asked him.

Since his neighbor committed suicide last year, the price of the apartment units on the floor Jungkook lived in dropped so much, it could even be rented by people with low-to-middle income rate now. Even Jungkook got a full 30% discounted mortgage since he lives next door to the unit where the incident happened. But that unit still hasn't been sold until today, even with the irrational price (lowered to 75% from normal price) a lot of people weren't interested in renting it.

Jungkook peeked to the rear mirror to check if there were any other cars behind him before talking, "I'm going to Busan today, Ahjussi. I will be back on Tuesday, and on Monday my secretary will send something to my unit. Can you keep it until I'm back?" Jungkook reached for his wallet, handed him some money. Uncle Yongji smiled widely and nodded. "I will bring you your favorite hotteok." Jungkook winked.

-

It's been 5 months since he came here, making him feel a little bit guilty. Jungkook already called his father last night, and today even before his father sees his car he has already opened the gate.

Jungkook's smile widened when he saw his father grinned jokingly. With that plaid shirt tucked inside his smooth black pants, his father still looked like how he was in his younger days.

Jungkook's father, Mr. Jeon Ilsung, was an early-retired, rich architect. He was so successful and famous back then, both in Switzerland and South Korea. The community knew him so well that he made it to the local newspaper when he got divorced. Mr. Jeon was known to make presentable and iconic buildings across Europe and East Asia, with his humble personality and charismatic nature he could easily be admired by people wherever he went.

Jungkook has been refusing to be acknowledged as his son since high school. He knew he was pretty different from his father in their way of marketing themselves to people, as Mr. Jeon loved attention and presenting his works while Jungkook was more interested in enjoying the work and meeting new people he worked with. Although not as experienced, Jungkook was as brilliant as Mr. Jeon. Jungkook's taste was more into functional and minimalistic designs, not so similar with his father who prefers something to be luxurious and majestic.

Mr. Jeon patted his back, laughing happily. "My son, finally you came after a thousand years not visiting me." He leaned to take some of Jungkook's bag inside. "You brought a lot of baggage today."

"Yeah, I brought some of your favorite ribs and meat from that store. And it's only been 5 months Dad, I'm sorry I didn't come more frequently." Jungkook chuckled, pretending to be annoyed.

Mr. Jeon felt relieved. He lived alone in this big mansion and although he had friends come or invite him to events and sports clubs, he still felt lonely sometimes. There was still a difference between friends and family, no doubt, that's why Jungkook coming home always made him excited.

He smiled widely, "so, do you want pasta or rice for dinner?"

"Rice would be good, I miss your cooking." Jungkook closed the door with his foot.

-

"So how's work?" Mr. Jeon asked as they munching through the food. He made a lot; too much if you count the side dishes. Jungkook nodded, ate excitedly, trying all of it with every bite.

He chuckled, "sorry, your foods never disappoint Dad, these all are so good. My work? They're fine, as always. How about you?"

"What about me?"

"Well, how are you doing?"

"I'm good, and healthy too."

"You're still visiting Dr. Min regularly right?"

"Of course! Why wouldn't I."

Jungkook squinted his eyes, "oh, oh! You're suspicious now Dad. you really went to Dr. Min's last week right?"

"Yeah." Mr. Jeon grinned.

Jungkook quickly caught the act. "Dad! Didn't I tell you to keep visiting him every month? You need to be checked up regularly!"

"I know, I know." Mr. Jeon reached for the radish. "But I really hate the smell of the hospital! I prefer staying at home taking care of Gureum."

Jungkook glanced at the maltese in question, who curled up comfortably in front of the TV. He sighed, folding the kimchi, "But Dad, you should go check up still..."

"Okayy okay, I will, I will. But I prefer you to take me there."

"Okay, fine. But next month you also have to go too, okay?"

Mr. Jeon grumbled dramatically, "Okayy."

Jungkook stopped eating and looked at his father with guilt. "Should I move to Busan?" He asked. Jungkook could tell that his father is bored and lonely. From what Jungkook heard, he rarely called his driver to go anywhere except for architecture seminars that he taught twice a week and grocery shopping twice a month. He doesn't even go to the golf club anymore.

Mr. Jeon shook his head, "No, it's okay."

"Okay. But I'm so worried Dad, Mr. Yoo said you stopped going to the golf club."

"Well, I don't wanna go. They all keep talking about business and investing when we play, I'm done listening to all that."

"I understand, but you must be pretty bored at home, you used to work 5 days a week but now you only went out 3 days, at most."

"I know right? I secretly hate being retired, but these eyes cannot compromise anymore." Mr. Jeon fixed his glasses.

Still at a productive age, his father was only 64. But his eyesight was getting worse 5 years ago, making him stop accepting any job ever since. Jungkook took him to the doctors in Europe and Japan, but they told him that this condition was permanent and there's nothing much they could do without risking him going blind. Mr. Jeon finally settled in his hometown, Busan, while Jungkook decided to stay in Seoul a year later.

"So, have you met any woman you're interested in these days?" Mr. Jeon asked as they washed the dishes.

Jungkook chuckled, "no, why would I?"

"Why would you? You're 27 Son, it's time to have a girlfriend."

Jungkook rolled his eyes, "it's not Dad, you were 34 when you had a girlfriend, why would I have a girlfriend now?

Mr. Jeon laughed. "It was late, you know? I should have had a girlfriend when I was 25, gotten married at 27, then have a son at 30, so I'm still young when my son gets married."

"Dad! You're still young, what are you talking about."

"It's not! I should have been a grandfather now, oh my God I'm so old."

Jungkook laughed out loud, his father was so funny and annoying.

-

"Dad, this is too much don't you think?" Jungkook pushed the box a little more into his trunk. There were 2 boxes containing food, fruits, meat and fishes inside. Mr. Jeon was so excited and proud of his purchase, looking at the overcrowded trunk with a bright smile.

"This is too little, you know. You should have bought a bigger car so I could fit all 5 boxes to your trunk. Bigger car can also fit a lot of people too, so all your children could fit inside without feeling cramped."

"My children??? Dad I don't even have a crush right now." Jungkook grunted. Since he stepped foot into this house 3 days ago his father always mentioned girlfriend, wife, marriage, kids, and everything related to it to him every single day without missing a beat. He was wondering the reason why his father all of a sudden gotten so excited about him having a significant other, but when Mr. Jeon turned up the TV and watched the rerun of Business Proposal on Netflix he was no longer confused. His old man was obsessed with romance! This was bad because K-drama addiction is no joke.

Mr. Jeon patted his back. "It's okay, Son, I always prayed for you to meet someone soon. I know you will. And if you meet her don't forget to call me!" Jungkook nodded, he was fed up, his father looked so playfully-serious.

"Okay, okay Sir, I will. So now may I go?"

"Sure, sure. But don't forget to call me if you want to marry her, okay?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes. Ugh.

-

Jungkook rushed to the elevator after he heard from Yongji-ahjussi that the package had not been sent to him yesterday. What the hell Yeri-ssi. He should have called her yesterday but taking his father to the hospital made him forget everything else for the whole day.

Someone dropped their grocery bag when Jungkook arrived in front of his door. He looked to his left and found those pair of eyes again looking at him.

"Lisa-ssi?"

2069 words

Published 28 January 2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.1K 1.4K 34
This is the sequel to Found Myself Dreaming so if you haven't read that yet, please do so! -------------- You are an American actor who fell in love...
210K 5.6K 115
Everyone knew Jeon Jungkook so well. In this world, there would probably be no female creatures that could enter his heart. Even the most beautiful g...
112K 3.3K 35
Cover made by: @LaLizzzie (Check out her account!) Lalisa Manoban, a 17 year old girl thought her life was perfect. Good grades, good friends and wo...
9.6K 186 39
"Are you even the same Lalisa who'm I fall Inlove with years ago?" He blink faintly, staring at her with his hooded eyes.. "I don't know. What do you...