Mr. Bodyguard Nim | A Taekook...

Par yoursonlybambi

Being the bodyguard of a teenager is hard. Being the bodyguard of a bratty teenager is harder. But being the... Plus

AUTHOR NOTE
|PROLOGUE
|Characters
|Of Bodyguards With Girly Grins And Thick Thighs
|Fart And Bumhole, With A Bit Of Chillie Powder Pt.1.
|Fart And Bumhole, With A Bit Of Chillie Powder Pt. 2.
|How Fish Pee?"
|Unidentified Invading Emotions
|Kim Taehyung Is A Talking Hazard
|Birds Of A Feather, Taehyung And Trouble!
|In A Bit Of A Slippery Situation!
AUTHOR NOTE.
|One More Reason To Despise
|How To Train A Taehyung
|Like A Flutterby Pt-1
|Like A Flutterby Pt 2
|Fifty Shades Of Pale
|Birds Of A Feather, Taehyung And Trouble- Repackaged
|You Are The Reason for My Pain And Pleasure|
|Heart Laid Bare In Your Hands
|The Tale Of One-White-Shirt
|Strictly (Un) professional Relationship
How To Handle This Much Happiness ༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ
How To Handle This Much Happiness X2 ༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ

|My Heart Beats The Rhythm Of Your Heart

2.9K 122 829
Par yoursonlybambi

Ik, that pic up there is gonna haunt you that's why I've put it there, cz I'm evil(⁠⌐⁠■⁠-⁠■⁠) that being said, credit goes to the rightful owner.

Also, I don't have anything to say except the 11898K words chptr which is mostly filler except some story progress so...

Letsgeditt!!

•●||My Heart Beats The Rhythm Of Your Heart||●•

Morning had broken through the night, beckoning the sleeping life of Seoul back to another day of busy hustle bustle. The tranquil air smelt of fresh grass, dew drops and an early summer, accompanied by the soulful chirping of morning birds that wandered about with their own business.

Faint streaks of light filtered through the window, painting Taehyung's room a golden hue. He stirred to consciousness when the soothing warmth of sunlight kissed his sleep blotched face.

Creaking his eyes open he lazily glanced at the digital alarm clock on the nightstand that proudly flashed 7:44 am in bold red digits.

Sixteen minutes until Taehyung's first period in school.

Yet, he wasn't already springing up nor scrambling around the room and rushing here and there to make it in time- for he knew all too well that he wouldn't be attending school today. Considering the events of yesterday, there was no way he would be allowed to.

With that thought in mind Taehyung groggily rubbed at his eyes to rid them of this sticky feeling of dried tears gathering around the lashes, his eyes- a bit puffy, a little red around the rims due to crying himself to sleep last night.

His heart was restless, mind numb. The lethargy of last night finally caught up to him, the stress he had endured now rebounding to take a toll on him so much so that getting up to go wash his face and do his morning routine felt like a tiring struggle. So pulling the blanket further up till his nose he buried himself deeper in the bed as the sleep engulfed him almost immediately.

-his bed that besides being oddly warmer than usual that the warmth perfused into his caramel skin through the fabric of his top, also felt like steadily falling and rising with a rhythmic flow.

Before he could give it any further thought a hand snaked around his abdomen pulling him until his back snuggly moulded into a chest.

He went stiff like a brick, eyes blowing wide and breaths freezing in his lungs.

A fleeting thought crossed his mind.

Seokie hyung cuddled him sometimes.....It could be Seokie hyung.

And the most plausible one since Hoseok had stayed with him last night until he felt asleep.

But his Seokie hyung never held him this tight, and his chest wasn't this sculpted and his hair weren't that ticklish over Taehyung's nape and Hoseok for sure as hell never spooned him from behind!

Play the music, my soul will come for u if you effing don't *knives*
https://youtu.be/L7VmKzZLQP4

Another second, and a warm pair of lips pressed into the shell of his ear, breathing out a puff of hot air against his skin as the arms around him tightened, further pulling him back into a bare muscular torso and oH GoDDD!!

Taehyung could never mistake that smell of cigarette smoke and perfect lips he had fantasized about one too many times in his imagination.

There's no way!

No way it's HIM!!!

NO FRIGGING WAY!!!

Taehyung broke into a panicked sweat.

Tugging his lower lips between his teeth he willed his eyes to chance a peek at his own torso, instantly finding a very much familiar, stark naked, tatted arm clamped around his waist in a death grip, a meaty thigh worming its way between his own legs.

Taehyung howled a soundless cry of panic in his mind registering it was indeed Jungkook's hand around his waist, it was Jungkook's half naked body pressed into his, Jungkook's lips exhaling into his ear, Jungkook's thigh sandwiched between his legs and Jungkook's soft snores.

He was definitely ok!

It was just cuddling. Just his bodyguard cuddling him after a night full of bad events!

Fine, mhm! Totally fine with it!

Not like his heart was somersaulting itself crazy or his stomach twisted into knots or his throat dried up like a sandpaper!

Taehyung was absolutely fine with Jungkook cuddling him from behind, in his oWN BED!! THAT ToO ShirTLEsS !!!

!? @#&#+/!;*"?wHaAaAAt ThE FuCkkkk!!!

A shaky sigh left his quivering lips.

Caged within two strong arms that belonged to his bodyguard Taehyung laid there with a straight face, blinking robotically, all normal except nothing was normal about his heart and his mind and his insides that seemed to be waging an internal war, jolting up and down, left right, forward backward, inside out...

Rest in P I E C ES, his entire body!

Taehyung was torn apart between wanting to press deeper against the man's gentle warmth and cherish the blissful feeling or scramble up and dash out of the bed. But the temptation to just turn around and be lucky enough to see Jungkook's sleeping face- something he doubted he would ever get a chance to see again, won over every other thought.

He could scramble up and dash out of the bed later.

So, Taehyung carefully placed his hand on top of the ravenette's, mindful to not disturb Jungkook's beauty sleep and let his fingers envelope the other's hand.

It fit so perfectly.

His hand over Jungkook's tattooed one, his fingers interlocking with the other's like two pieces of jigsaw puzzle, perfect and secure.

Slowly lifting the hand up to loosen it's iron grip on his abdomen Taehyung turned around, still embraced between the arms as he came face to face with the man.

It didn't matter how many times he had witnessed it, Jungkook's beauty hit him anew every time he looked at the man. But seeing it, being this close that the bodyguard's warm breaths spread over Taehyung's lips, their noses at a hair's breadth- watching him sleep without a care with his mouth slightly parted and snorting lightly-

-Jungkook and his beauty came out in a whole different light.

He was handsome, no doubt.

Taehyung had seen him angry handsome. That look of irritation which brought his chiseled features out in a manly kind of way, sharp jawline, creased eyebrows, glaring eyes, flat lips.

A look that challenged fucking try me.

But this??

This was different.

Felt different.

And hit differently.

That soft kind of handsome with a tinge of gentleness in his morning face, unblemished skin glowing a beam when the sunlight washed over it in golden flickers. His raven hair spread around his face like a crown, tangled and messy. A few of the bangs had dared to venture down the broad expanse of his forehead and cling to his eyelashes. His cheek squished against the pillow, rendering his lips pucker out in a pout, his bambi eyes draped shut, hiding who knows what behind them, perhaps a peaceful dream?

Taehyung wondered since the man slept with such oblivious serenity.

Unwilling to miss even a second of the beauty, his curious eyes wandered on their own, enthralled as if hypnotized with a spell by the man's charms as they skimmed from bambi eyes to the sleek nose and flitted downward even more, halting to admire the view laid in front of them before they finally rested their gaze over the mole under Jungkook's lips.

That mole-... that pretty little mole has had his sanity as blacked out as the very color of it.

Black.

Taehyung stared at it like a child in fascination of the world for the first time.

That creation of God humans know as lips. Jungkook's were a perfection on their own. The upper one a little thinner than the lower, altogether, neither too thin nor too thick- the exact proportion of plump and full, blooming the shades of pink and crimson in a blend that Taehyung concluded was enough to rival that of a beautiful, flushed rose. A little rough and chapped, indicating Jungkook must like nibbling on them.

Taehyung had this rebellious urge to let his finger tips gently glide over Jungkook's lips to confirm his fantasies-

-if they were soft like they looked or hard- like the man himself.

He did try to. Tried to touch the lips but the courage within his teenage heart to do so withered like smoke just as quick a it had gathered.

He immediately drew his trembling fingers away from the buzzing warmth, them unknowingly skidding down the bare chest of Jungkook in a teasing touch, not quite there yet just enough to leave a tingling sensation on the man's skin. As if he had flipped a switch Jungkook sucked a shuddering breath in, his embrace getting tighter around Taehyung, pulling him flush against himself while the boy once again froze in his state.

Taehyung was losing himself, losing his control over his own hands, his heart had long ceased listening to him, his mind at a war with itself, his thoughts dominated by his bodyguard and he let himself feel all of it.

Feel Jungkook against himself.
Feel Jungkook's hot breaths caressing his lips.
Feel Jungkook's searing touch where their skin remained connected, the warmth of it.
What he smelt of the man, his woodsy scent driving him into an intoxicating haze.

Abort! Abort!

He needed to retreat from the man before things get out of his hands.

It was only when Taehyung shuffled with an intention to roll out of Jungkook's embrace that he froze.

He must have sensed something.

Looking up, he was met with Jungkook's inky black eyes gazing at him in watchful silence.

Silence.

Absolute- Dead - Silence.

SHIT DOWN, SHITDOWNSHITSOWN!!

Taehyung's voice collapsed in his throat so pathetically that he couldn't even bring himself to scream in panic, only internally freaking out, his brain malfunctioning at the current predicament.

If a mere eye contact could have the ability to combust this would be it because Taehyung's face heated up, beet red until he practically felt his ears burning with smoke all the while Jungkook just stared at him as if he were bewitched, a glint so unreadable deep rooted in his eyes that Taehyung's breaths trapped in his throat.

Lord have mercy!

With Jungkook's gaze so intensely focused on him, with Jungkook's arms wrapping him close into a bare chest, with Jungkook's scent seizing his ability to breathe properly, Taehyung was ready to happily shrink and disappear for good.

Resisting that urge to hide away from the man's gaze Taehyung kept his eyes glued to the wall behind Jungkook in hopes that it would give him the courage he needed to utter the half naked man's name but truth be told, he was feeling weak to his knees.

"J-Jungkook."

His meek stutter did it for Jungkook to come to senses.

The man recoiled away from Taehyung as if he were a thousand volt high voltage cable and had just stung him with a current, sitting bolt upright and attempted to clamber out of the bed apparently forgetting in his panicked haste that his legs were tangled with that of the boy's and he resulted in performing an ungraceful faceplant with the floor.

Thud!

Taehyung winced seeing Jungkook's perky ass sticking up in the air like a sore thumb.

Talk about a sore face instead!

Jungkook released a pained groan, his sleep driven raspy voice coming out in one gutteral growl and the sound drove mad tingles down Taehyung's spine.

The honey haired crawled over to the other side and sneakily peeked down the edge of the bed, pursing his lips to bite back a laugh as he did so because WhAt!!

His bodyguard's face legit looked like a mashed potato.

Cheek squished against the floor and mouth wide open like that of a gaping fish as the always composed bodyguard was reduced to an awkward mess of tangled limbs as he laid sprawled there.

Taehyung couldn't help the giggle that slipped out of him despite knowing Jungkook would probably stake his ass for laughing at him.

"A-are you alright, Mr. Bodyguard. Nim?! Do you need hel- oofffff!!"

An outstretched hand was hurled in Taehyung's direction that Jungkook might have miscalculated the speed and distance of because instead of stopping merely an inch away the palm of his hand slammed straight into the boy's face and Taehyung jumped back, a strangled noise escaping him as he was left clutching his aching nose.

He glared at the mess of limbs named Jungkook, caressing his nose that had been victimized only moments ago.

"Is this how you treat every helping hand?? By smashing noses and what not, huh?! I literally just asked if you needed hel-"

"Shut up!"

"No. Youuu shut up!"

Feeling wronged, Taehyung aggressively pointed an accusatory finger at the man who had succeeded in standing up on his wobbly legs by then and HEAVENS!

He had to release a feathered breath, the words dying in his throat after witnessing the wide expanse of milky white chest that stood in front of his eyes in all it's naked glory now. It didn't help that Jungkook was bathed in sunlight from head to toe and that only made his Adonis of a body stand out even more. His pecs shimmering, his abs glimmering, his muscles glittering.

Taehyung forgot he had an aching nose to mull about.

"Take a picture. It'll last longer. "

Jungkook's gruff voice jolted Taehyung out of his staring reverie and he cleared his throat, probably to regain control of his wayward thoughts before shuffling over to the nightstand and plucked his phone out of the charger.

"What are you doing?!"

Eyes blown out wide, Jungkook exclaimed witnessing Taehyung hold the phone up in his direction.

"Taking a picture for it to last long- WHAT THE HEL!!?"

Jungkook had never dashed as fast as he did now and snatched the phone from the boy's hand and subsequently Taehyung gasped, wasting no time in following Jungkook's trail to retrieve his Ippi as he lunged at him but the man only held his arm higher, away from Taehyung's reach and shoved his free hand into the boy's face, restraining him as if he was a rabid zombie.

"Gimme my... phone--- backkkk."

Taehyung uselessly flailed his arms like a penguin in hopes to succeed against his bodyguard's strength.

From having his sanity eaten up by the boy to feeling unbidden emotions about him, Jungkook didn't know when these childish banters become a thing that indulged him!

Then, as if opting to fuel things up, his hand abandoned Taehyung's face.

The aftermath came the only way that it could because of the uncontrolled momentum Taehyung had-

-him tumbling down the bed face first and landing beside Jungkook's feet with a reverberating thump

Talk about a sore face again!

Taehyung's eyes snap up to glare at Jungkook with a look of betrayal on his face.

"What was that for?!"

"I did not ask you to take a literal picture of me, smartass. "

"She-dog!" The honey haired discreetly mumbled amidst caressing his nose earning a bug-eyed look from Jungkook as he gawked at him.

"Did you just-"

"Yes, you're the B word that ends with a CH, has a T in the middle and before that comes the I. You're that! Now gimme my phone back."

Taehyung stuck his hand out to Jungkook demanding for his phone but the man only stepped away with a resolute no.

"Not unless you behave, Kid. "

A frowning crease settled between the boy's eyes.

Since Jungkook was out of the reach of his hands he did the only other thing that could work as a little bandaid on his wounded pride-

-driving the heel of his foot straight into Jungkook's shin and the man yelped with a seething hiss, clutching his tortured leg as he hobbled on the other.

"The FUCK, Taehyung?!"

"Haha! Serves you right, B to the I to the T to the CH!

Jungkook just gave him a pissed off glare as a response with his tongue poking the side of his cheek, that wicked glint in his eyes, a mad look on his face, deathly silent.

Then he marched towards Taehyung before bending down and grabbed Taehyung's both wrists in his tattooed hand, hauling the boy up to his feet and threw him on the bed like he weighed nothing. Before Taehyung even had the opportunity to fight back Jungkook was back on top of him, tattooed fingers clutching his wrists and pinning them above his head as he threateningly muttered,

"Mind repeating yourself, sweet cheeks? Something about me being a B-word. Am I a B-word now, hmm?"

Taehyung could only shake his head, swallow nervously then shake his head again, too stunned to the core to function properly seeing Jungkook lean in, close enough for him to feel the inferno of hot breaths brush over his lips when the man exhaled a minty breath.

"And you want your phone back. Don't you, pretty?"

Taehyung nodded in silence, holding his stare with the ravenette's unblinkingly as the phone was held in front of his face.

Jungkook inched even closer and Taehyung felt warm lips torturously smoothening over his ear, the deep morning voice falling into a hushed whisper only melted Taehyung even more.

"Then take it. I'd love to see you try. "

Wide doe eyes further widened when the reality sunk in Taehyung's mind, the words and their current position....

Take it?!!

TAKkKEee ITT?!?!?!!

How was Taehyung supposed to take his phone back when Jungkook had both his wrists pinned above his head!

That man!

That sneaky, scheming macho of a man knew exactly what he was doing- and he was very much enjoying it all if that treacherous smirk on his face was anything to go by.

And that habit of Jungkook, Taehyung had no idea if it was impulsive or the man did it on purpose but being called with sweet names by his bodyguard left Taehyung breathless, he himself never knew his heart could beat that fast at simple endearment terms.

Plus this was physical assault, borderline harassment and non-consensual touching- three different categories of offenses against a minor and Jeon Jungkook was still living unarrested!

WHhhYyyy?!!

Propping a free hand by Taehyung's side the ravenette gently pulled back, welcomed by a sight that not only squeezed his heart into twists but undid him in the worst possible ways, pearly teeth nervously digging into lower lip and pink dusting the apple of Taehyung's cheeks, a mesmerizing contrast against his golden skin, a sight more beautiful than the word beautiful itself.

Needless to say something else twitched down there where the sun doesn't shine.

He had to breathe in deeply to keep himself restrained and in doing so his milky chest rose and fell like ocean waves snatching Taehyung's attention and the boy was reminded again that Jungkook was shirtless, leaning on top of him, had cuddled him in his sleep and spent the night in his room.

Taehyung was reminded of the eyes that looked at him in that way but something had changed, something feral, something predatory overtook the depths of Jungkook's eyes, a look Taehyung had never seen before. A look that made Taehyung want to crawl and hide away from being subjected to such fervent gaze, yet, the shivers that delved into his skin and the warmth that embraced his soul- Taehyung found himself craving to be under that undivided attention just a minute longer before rationality ripped this little moment away.

A look so hauntingly powerful that made the man's eyes appear ten times more enticing.

And Taehyung liked being caged within their hold, the suffocation itself a delightful burn in his lungs.

Not being able to withstand the fierceness of the onyx eyes anymore Taehyung lowered his face, his own wandering doe orbs avoiding to look at the man above himself and instantly, there were fingers under his chin, pulling his face up as if the bodyguard didn't want him to look away.

When their eyes met time ceased existing-.... but the pace of Taehyung's heart kept going faster and faster, louder and louder the more he gazed into the seamless abyss of Jungkook's obsidian eyes that seemed to suck him in like a black hole.

Looking at Jungkook and keeping his mind sane were the two things Taehyung couldn't do at the same time therefore, he dodged the dark gaze, but the man didn't let him.

Gripping his chin between the thumb and finger, the ravenette steered Taehyung's face to his level.

"Look at me."

Jungkook demanded softly and Taehyung had to summon every resolve in himself to resist the urge to do so, keeping his eyes roaming everywhere but at the man.

"Taehyung, will you please look at me?"

Devastated.

Taehyung felt devastated- at the plea, at the fact that Jungkook, the epitome of composure, seemed as if he had lost control over himself in front of Taehyung.

"Why?"

The phone had long been forgotten- forgotten was the world, any and every care of it as Taehyung questioned in the faintest of voices.

The answer came in an equally quiet whisper that traced the dips and lows of his cherry lips.

"Just look at me... please."

Raw emotions, laid bare in mere words, a thousand had already been said through their eyes still, a thousand more needed to be said- how the doe eyes moved up to lock onto bambi ones left nothing to imagination, pure, unadulterated emotions- yet said nothing at the same time, leaving them both clueless as to what they even wanted from each other.

Behind the quivering lashes peeked a hesitant glance, a teenage wonder- a part of Taehyung that had been hurt beyond repair last night. One that he wasn't able to ignore anymore now that he had taken a look this close at the eyes that had bore into him with anger yesterday.

"You s-said that I was a waste of your fucking time."

His pillowy lips wobbled slightly when Taehyung forced himself to repeat the words that had bruised him, words that left Jungkook blinking.

That much!

The words had hurt Taehyung that much that he barely held the stinging tears back, not willing to break down in front of his bodyguard yet he couldn't help the complaining, like a child who longed to feel a touch of love but was too conceited to ask for it.

"Did you really mean it, Jungkook?"

A delicate whisper claimed Taehyung's trembling lips- scared to know the answer it might bring.

The golden rays of sunlight drifted across the black of Jungkook's eyes and Taehyung watched, with still breaths as they gravitated downward, supposedly riveted in a trance by his words to latch onto his lips.

Taehyung didn't need to know what Jungkook had said in the heat of the moment was far from the truth.

And Taehyung didn't need to know exactly what ran through Jungkook's mind.

No.

He didn't need to know how Jungkook was hooked onto that one flashback that was slowly begining to unfold in his mind, from a hazy sight of a pair of soft lips to lips over lips, like fog cleared by the warm rays the blurry image of lips transformed into the tip of a nose adorned with a mole on top of it.

A nose that looked oddly similar to that of Taehyung's.

Lips that resembled his own...

Slotted over lips Jungkook could draw the shape of with his eyes closed.

The thought hit Jungkook like a bucket of ice-cold. His expressions morphed into one of confusion, brows knitting together and eyes distant as to rake his brain for any explanation.

Something drastically changed in the air the moment Taehyung's next words rolled out of his lips.

"It's not right that you say one thing and do another- tell someone they're a waste of your time then you waste your time cuddling them the whole night, shirtless... You're cruel, Jungkook."

Silence ensued over them. Only the two of them and alot to be explained.

Jungkook sucked his cheeks in. He looked as if he wanted to say something but any word that he conjured eventually ended up clogged in his throat.

What was he going to say anyway?

How was he going to explain their current dilemma?

What possible excuse did he have for being half naked, and spending the whole night with him and his charge in the same bed with an utter lack of distance between their bodies because that is certainly not what bodyguards do!

Had they been friends, things would have been easier to explain because friends do cuddle.

Had they been something else other than friends spending the night together wouldn't have mattered because Taehyung often spent his night with Hoseok.

But bodyguard and his charge?! Jungkook was damn sure whatever else happened within that professional relationship never included cuddling half naked the whole night, hence the reason why he had been avoiding the topic ever since he woke up to his body tangled with Taehyung's until the boy himself voiced it out and that was the moment he realized he had fucked up big time for he was now accountable to the doe eyes innocently peeking up at him.

"Can never trust you enough to not bolt in the middle of the night now, can I?"

Anything would do as long as Jungkook could come up with words to speak out, even a half-assed, shitty excuse to bullshit his way through too and he was countered with a question Taehyung pulled out of thin air.

"So you cuddle me?!?"

Taehyung squawked and the grip on wrists immediately disappeared as Jungkook sat up, perched between his legs as if the place was his birthright throne.

His tattooed fingers combed through messy strands of raven hair and he mumbled a silent curse because it was valid, Taehyung's question that is. But to say that Jungkook would entertain the boy with an answer would be an overstatement so he wordlessly climbed down the bed leaving a perplexed Taehyung to stare at him in disbelief.

He shrieked, part startled, part incredulous when Jungkook yanked the blanket from under the boy and flung it around himself to cover up his half nakedness.

Feeling a tug on it he whipped his head at the boy and found doe eyes skeptically narrowing at him since the boy had clutched a corner of the blanket with his toes.

"You did not answer me."

Taehyung wished he could come off as menacing as those mafia lords in movies but his anger ridden expressions all but resembled an enraged puppy. A neglected one.

"I'm not obliged to."

He flipped a switch, swinging his entire body into a sitting position, angry flames roared through his eyes.

"NoT oBlIgEd To?!!! Gimme one reason why you are NOT?!"

Jungkook kept mum. His silence could be more terrifying than his words whenever he just glared and said nothing. The corners of his mouth twitched into what could only be deemed as irritation. Choosing not to indulge the boy's antics Jungkook promptly turned on his heels, only to halt moments later when Taehyung mumbled something under his breath.

Turning around Jungkook fixed Taehyung with a look that should have been enough to set warning signals off in his brain.

"What did you just say?"

"Nothing."

Apparently, the warning signals did not go off in his brain for he was stubbornly refusing to pay attention to Jungkook's hardened onyx eyes, disrespectfully gazing at the window as if the man wasn't just standing in his room, half naked.

That was one of the very few things that tested Jungkook's patience; being ignored.

Hurried feet stalked towards the boy and the decreasing distance between them quickly increased the pace of Taehyung's heart, making him feel smaller and smaller under that unreadable gaze. Before he knew it Jungkook was looming over him with gritted teeth.

"DON'T make me lose my shit, Taehyung. Don't make me repeat myself and DON'T FUCK with me."

With a palpitating heart Taehyung had been forced to flick his eyes at the man. He didn't have a choice. Jungkook had MADE him look into his eyes by grabbing his chin again a bit harsher this time.

"Now WHAT. Did. You. Say behind my back, hmm and abso-fucking-lutely no lies this time, clear?"

Taehyung swallowed the incessant need to let his frustrated tears free.

He couldn't-

He wouldn't break down in front of his bodyguard.

Not in front of him.

His voice trembled a little as he gazed up at the man.

"I said you can't go around sleeping in people's rooms for no reason then leave just like that without explaining yourself. It's not fair."

A smile tugged at Jungkook's lips, one that didn't light his eyes up like his cocky smirks did or soft beams shone and Taehyung didn't exactly like the way his stomach lurched and sank.

"Like I said- I'm NOT obliged to." He leaned in as to make sure the boy not only listened to his words but had them etched on his mind. "As for leaving, watch me do it, Taehyung."

Having said that Jungkook turned around and walked over to the door. He pulled it open with unnecessary force and stepped out banging it shut behind himself without sparing Taehyung anymore attention.

He was out-... just like that, leaving behind a frozen Taehyung, feet cemented into he floor, words in his throat but dying on his tongue.

Betrayal tastes sour no matter how sweetly served, that's how he was feeling. Betrayed and sour.

His doe eyes sparkled and there they were, the tears that burnt his eyes earlier now running freely down his cheeks, a choked sob hitching in his throat that he covered with the back of his hand, as if fearing someone would hear him crying.

As if he would hear him crying.

His fingers tightly fisted the pillow sitting by his side and in his distraught state he hurled it at the door, wishing the door were Jungkook and the pillow were something- something heavy that would really hurt Jungkook physically just as much as he himself was hurting.

It was stupid actually, breaking down over something while he didn't even know what that something even was, and he was aware it was stupid but he couldn't bring himself to care less if he resembled a girl on periods, one minute feeling bold, the other wanting to cry until his eyes puffed out. One second angry, the other feeling lost.

Being turned down like that? After demanding an explanation for his bodyguard's contradicting actions that greatly contrasted his words of the previous night, getting denied any sort of answer from the man only spurred his indignation. His emotions were valid at least to himself.

Wiping the tears clean off his cheeks after he had spent a good five minutes drowning in the seas of depression Taehyung slumped on the bed, his tongue darting out to swipe across the dryness of his lips and instantly a bitter taste explode in his mouth.

Since when did his own lips taste like soju did?!

His fingers instinctively moved up to press at his mouth in disbelief.

Taehyung didn't drink. Hell, he was a minor, if he was seen anywhere near things that only legal adults were allowed to do his ass would be grounded for a solid week.

Learnt that the hard way!

Nor did his tears taste like the smell of soju in case they stained his lips somehow, hence the peculiar feeling.

Confirmed, Taehyung had officially lost it.

Gone. Lost. Blowing a fuse. Going nuts and altogether feeling like a psychopath with behavioral issues that he had finally started assuming non existent things like his lips tasting like soju, Taehyung straight up blamed Jungkook for it all.

The man, his whole existence, with everything he said and did messed Taehyung into an unintelligible tsunami of raging emotions, with the only vent being his tears, that he assumed now tasted like soju because Jungkook was messing with his brai-

AARRrrrrrAAaaggGgghhh!!!

There really was no escape from his bodyguard, was it? If Taehyung had him engraved in his thoughts that baaaad to begin with, Lord help him!

You may stop playing the music now.

Annoyed, betrayed, turned down and feeling cranky Taehyung reached for the remote control on the nightstand in hopes that distracting himself might help take his mind off of Jungkook.

Wrong decision!

Life was treating him like a real example of out of the frying pan and into the fire.

As soon as he turned the television on the first thing to greet him was the news of Seokjin, after that it was Taehyung endlessly going through channels to avoid it yet they all blared with the same news.

He wasn't in the mood for anymore reminders about what had happened yesterday.

Sighing, he gave up, settling on watching a documentary about street foods in Seoul as he tossed the remote away from himself.

It was a random news channel, a random host blabbering random facts about random street foods that Taehyung would probably never have the chance to experience how it felt, enjoying it while standing on a street to eat a street food since it was way too risky for his security.

How effing great!

Taehyung hadn't felt this grumpy in a while.

The random documentary about random foods continued until a flashing red sign with the bold letters of breaking news rolled in out of nowhere.

Taehyung knew what it was about.

He hurriedly scrambled for the remote again wanting to change the channel before it ate his brain away- only, it took alot more effort than just let his finger press down on the button.

Armed robbery?!

This was----- not what he expected.

His expressions mirrored utter confusion the more he paid attention to the news.

"-reporting live from Asan Medical Center, Seoul where last night a high profile personality was rumored to have been rushed into emergency. Authorities refrained from commenting anything about it but our sources later confirmed that it was none other than the famous celebrity Kim Seokjin whereas the hospital officials were reluctant to disclose anything about the idol slash actor's condition, saying he had been severely injured and was being operated on, however, the celebrity's agency held a press conference later on, confirming the suspicion and revealing that kim Seokjin had been involved in an armed robbery the night prior and had sustained two bullet wounds. As of now his condition is still un-"

Taehyung pressed the power off button and collapsed back into the softness of mattress, blankly staring at the ceiling.

Lies.

All of it was a lie yet none of it mattered as long as his Seokjin hyung was fine.

He had to be fine otherwise Taehyung would practically carry the weight of guilt on his shoulder his whole shitty life.

He heard the door click open and held off a frustrated groan.

A welcoming soul Taehyung might be, but this was not the right time he was looking forward to a conversation of any sort. Therefore, he tossed around- showed his back to whoever had come in and buried his face under a pillow, only to get smacked in his back with another pillow, presumably the one he had thrown earlier.

There was only one person who had the audacity to do such a thing and the said person should have been in class by now, not in Taehyung's room!

"What are you doing here?"
Incredulous, Taehyung shot out the first thing his brain thought of after the initial shock settled down.

"Good morning to you too, blobfish."

Jimin padded across the room and plopped down on the bed beside Taehyung, inviting himself as if he owned the room, well- his best friend did though and according to best friend bro code, what is mine, is mine. What is my best friend's is also mine!

"No, what I mean is, why aren't you in your class instead of my room!?!"

Taehyung clarified as he was pushing himself up to sit properly while Jimin scooted until he was sitting against the headboard and straightened his legs up on the bed.

"Being your only best friend has its perks, Tae. I'm allowed to skip school if my soulmate- brother from another mother- partner in crime, the sun to my moon, my cute little spoon and a whole bunch of dramatic overload needs me, am I not, hmmmm? "

Creepy.

Jimin looked creepy with that broad smile taking over almost half of his face but alas, even his mochi smile wasn't enough to brighten Taehyung's gradually falling expressions. He was grumpiness dropped in a person at the moment!

"Should I feel blessed to have you as my bff or should I feel lonely that I have only one? I don't know, I'm questioning my own existence right now, Jiminie."

Taehyung mumbled, slumping back into the mattress like a star fish.

"You've been blessed, Tae for even a thousand friends won't be able to fill my void."

Jimin beamed again, all glitters and happiness first thing in the morning but what he received instead was just a sad little pout from his friend.

"I'll gather one thousand one then."

Surprised, Jimin gasped dramatically, pointing towards himself.

"Why would you even want to replace this fine piece of art?"

Taehyung gave him a deaf ear, done and done and done, grumpy and cranky, maybe on his non existent boy periods. He proceeded to being a depressed soul again and staying one for atleast the next few centuries perhaps but Jimin wasn't going to have it.

He yanked both the pillows Taehyung had barricaded his face with and sent them flying east west across the room.

"You won't be needing them when you got this-" one of Jimin's hands patted his thighs, the other opening wide in a gesture of welcoming "-now c'mere and tell me, why does your face look like you cried?"

Taehyung didn't need to be told twice.

He stared unblinkingly and all but threw himself into the waiting embrace of his best friend who gathered him like you would gather a precious something. He gathered him and squeezed him closer to his own warmth, whispering words of comfort and cradled him until broken sobs ceased wrecking his shaking body.

By the time Taehyung was done narrating the whole story from waking up snuggled into the bare chest of his bodyguard, to the very bodyguard leaving just like that, his head had traveled from the mattress to laying in Jimin's lap whose fingers kept drawing soothing circles in his hair, his eyes a little less red but still puffy.

"Tell you what, Tae, men are a disappointment!"

"We're men too, Jiminie. "

Jimin could imagine the cogs turning in Taehyung's mind when he glanced down at his friend just by the way the honey haired had his face scrunching into one of deep thinking.

"See that's where you're wrong, my precious little Taehyungie." Pinching the younger's both cheeks in his chubby fingers Jimin gave them a little twist. "We're not men." His plump lips spread into a smug little grin. "We're THE BOYS!"

Taehyung's pearly whites came out on full display, a toothy smile breaking through in full swing but the red tinting his ears gave him away as he weakly attempted to swat away Jimin's fingers from his cheeks, failing miserably.

"Jiminie ah! StoPpHh!"

He whined, then gasped, squealing and doubling over when Jimin's sneaky fingers left his cheeks and prodded at his sides, poking and wriggling into his tickle prone sides.

Writhing on the bed in attempts to crawl away from chubby evil hands his low giggles of resistance transformed into screeching laughter, then breathy gasps as a tickle war ensued between the two.

It wasn't long before the teens ran out of breath. Exhausted with laughing they both fell back on the bed once none of them had any more courage left to put up a fight.

Taehyung was then scooped within the arms of his best friend and dragged for a cuddle against his body.

"Thank you."
He sighed, catching his breaths as he looked up at his best friend from within his arms.

"For what?"

"For keeping me company, and being here when I needed someone while you shouldn't be marking yourself absent in your class. I know how strict your classes are."

"Doesn't matter-," Jimin waved a dismissive hand, "-I can always catch up to them later but if I weren't right here- right now, I'd have regretted that I betrayed us, our friendship, the promises of it being there for each other. Am sorry though, for being late. I could have come see you sooner-"

Taehyung cut him off with a giggle before he could complete his apology.

"Don't fret. I still love you the same, my used tampon. "

Disgust marked Jimin's face, lips down turned and eyes bulging out while he stared down at Taehyung in clear horror.

"Eww!! Why is it used?!"

" So, you're fine with being my tampon as long as it's unused?"
Taehyung had to squirm in the older's embrace to properly take a look at his disgusted and horrified face.

"Idiot."

An exaggerated roll of eyes came from Jimin but Taehyung didn't miss the subtle hints of a fond smile on his friend's face to which he offered his own wide, toothy grin in response.

"Idiots come in two so you're stuck with me. "

Jimin pulled the latter in to securely tuck his head under his neck with a content hum as he ruffled the strands of golden hair into perfect place.

"Fair enough but if you leave me for somebody else I'll aggressively poke them with a knife and before they can die out of shock and pain I'll tear them apart limb by limb until there isn't anymore."

Sometimes, Taehyung had trouble figuring out how such a bright friend of his could say something as dark as that, let alone say it with a sweet eye smile on his face as if he didn't just talk about stabbing someone and skinning them alive. He wondered if his friend really did have the guts to pull something like that out in real. Either way, Taehyung always had something equally befitting in store to respond that proved idiots really did come in twos.

"Ess tee eff yu!"

"What!?"

Baffled, Jimin frowned at his friend to find him mouthing the same words over and over again and only then did he catch, Taehyung had told him to shut the fuck up!

He stared down at Taehyung for longer than a minute but the doe eyes batting back at him brought a smile on his face, again and he was just left to click his tongue in hopelessness.

Staying mad or disgusted at Taehyung was next to impossible.

"Why the fuck was your bodyguard being a hormonal teenage dirtbag towards you, I mean- look at you. "

Jimin uttered in disbelief, repeatedly poking Taehyung's cheek with his finger and holding no regard for the boy whose face heated up at the mention of his bodyguard again.

Taehyung whined, putting up half hearted attempts to punch at Jimin's chest as he buried his face deeper into his neck, prompting Jimin to let out a chuckle finding his younger friend adorable the more he squirmed to hide his burning face.

Amidst his laughter he watched Taehyung wiggle his way out of the cuddle and raise an index finger in the air.

Jimin's laugh sky rocketed into screeching sounds, him clutching his stomach and his body rocking back and forth knowing what that index finger meant.

"You...AHHAHAHA What kind of--- HAHAha what kind of f-flip off was thaaaaat?!! AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA."

Taehyung, with arms crossed, sat across the boy who was apparently losing his mind laughing his ass off.

"A filtered version of one finger, two words. "
Then he flipped Jimin off once again with a scowl on his face.

Jimin barked a wheezing laugh again, nearly shoving an entire fist in his mouth to stifle his laughter and with the other hand beckoned Taehyung towards himself.

"Alrig- alright, I'll.. hahaha I'll stop. C'mere now."

No one knows, not even the author, how these two had managed to stay best friends forever since their diaper days till only god knows for how long in the future but it didn't need to be known anyway.

They were friends and that was all.

So, forgetting everything Taehyung crawled over to Jimin and immediately found himself wrapped in a warm and cozy embrace, a hand a caressing his head and a sweet voice lulling him to serenity.

"There, there. You're fine. You're ok. Pat pat. Pats you on the head. "

Taehyung could hear the smile in Jimin's words as a giggle slipped past his lips at the older's attempts of cheering him up.

A peaceful silence settled between them. One that wasn't awkward or tenses, just the two soulmates, until Taehyung called for his friend, a number of questions barraging his mind.

"Hey Jiminie, is it possible for tears to taste like soju?"

Jimin's his face grew into one of uncertainty.

"What demon possessed you to drink your own tea- no wait-... Why do you even know what soju tastes like?"

Taehyung's question had earned him a skeptical glare from the older instead of an answer.

Sighing, the honey haired clarified.

"Delirious of you to assume I'd drink soju and be let off the hook! I just guessed what it tastes like by its smell."

Jimin's plump lips rounded into an O.

"Well, no. Technically not. Tears don't taste like soju but they do taste different depending if they're the tears of happiness or sadness or frustration or pain or even-"

"You drink your tears, chim?"

Jimin choked on his spit, making a sound that resembled a strangled goose.

"What!?! Noo! Dammit, Taehyung- sheesh noo! It's proven in a research."

"That means they drink their own tears?!"

"OHMYGODDD! If you don't shut your ass mouth I'll ask Namjoon hyung to shave your eyebrows."

With a smug smile Taehyung shrugged nonchalantly .

"Namjoon hyung isn't even here to shave my eyebrows."

" About that-"

Hearing an evil cackle the boy's head perked up from the crook of Jimin's neck, curious doe eyes expectantly gazing at the older to finish his sentence.

"I bumped into him on my way to your room."

Jimin ended with a too sweet smile, eyes disappearing into crescents.

That was all he needed to say for Taehyung to bolt out of the bed startling Jimin in the process and rushed towards the bathroom as the older was left comprehending what happened.

Taehyung spent no more then five minutes in finishing his morning routine before he was throwing a baggy white t-shirt over himself and already clad in loose pajama pants.

Watching him scuffle around the room Jimin shook his head in dismal as he walked up to stand behind the boy while the said boy struggled to stuff his foot in the slipper in a hurry, hoping on one leg.

"Take a chill pill, Tae, hyung's not gonna vanish on his own."

Taehyung had swiveled so abruptly that the latter had to do a double take.

"Namjoon hyung? I know one moment he's here the next he'd be on a plane to I don't know where!"

Taehyung exasperatedly threw his arms out as if that habit of Namjoon irked him before shuffling towards the mirror and busied himself with fixing his porcupine hair.

"And you think he'll leave without meeting his younger brother?"

Jimin carried a tinge of amusement in his voice making Taehyung abruptly halt his ministrations.

He looked over at Jimin through the mirror.

"Don't know."

Then went back to aggressively brushing his hair again.

Soft feet thudded against the floor and Jimin plopped on the bed, the evil in his brain at work as he watched Taehyung.

"If I didnt know any better I'd say the man is in love with you only you two are broth- offf! "

The hair brush that was in Taehyung's hand smacked Jimin in his stomach and fell to the floor with a sad thump.

"Say one more word and I swear I'll pour cement in your wedding cake, you smelly rainbow fart. "

"Love you too, stinky toes."

=================================

"THERE. RIGHT THERE. HIT THERE AGAIN...OHhhMYGgOD. YESsS, YEssSS...,. AHHHH- oh shit. FUCKkk! HIT IT AGAIN JOON, PLE- AHHHHHHH!!!

Hand frozen mid air to knock at the door and eyes widened to an inhuman size, the two boys stood in front of Hoseok's room where the said male and Taehyung's older brother were supposedly in- doing god knows wha-

"OHHHH MY GOD YESSSSS! THERe shit shit shit, DON'T STOP!"

"Can you keep it down?!"

Taehyung could never mistake the voices of Hoseok and Namjoon that came out strained followed by a series of muffled thuds echoing through the door.

"I CAN'T- IT'S TOO BIG, OH MY GODD!! HOL' ME UP, HOL' ME UP- HOLD ME THE FUCKKK UP. YESSss PLEASE... HIT IT AGAIN, HARDER!... RIGHT THERE- YESSSS!"

Mortified, Jimin gulped, then slapped his palms over his ears that had emotionally been damaged by now.

"YESSS!! FASTER, HARDER!

The two boys side glanced each other, one with widened eyes, the other with a gaping mouth.

"HARDER JOONIE! HIT IT HARDER-.... AAAHHHHH!"

The thuds this time sounded harsher and quicker, accompanied with low growls and forceful grunts that Jimin had a clear, vivid image painting in his head.

Before him or his friend could be traumatized for life he grabbed Taehyung by his shoulder, turned him around and gave him a push in the direction of his room but to his dismay the boy refused to budge.

"Taehyung,"

"HARDER!"

Thud thud thud.

Jimin legit groaned and whined at the same time, "let's just go-, "

"But-"

Thud thud thud.

"NO BUTS. Move!"

As he pushed at his friend's back the sound of another door opening came and out of his room appeared the one and only Jeon fucking Jungkook right in front of their eyes.

Great!

"What's up?"

Jimin straightened up like a pole.

"Nothing." And vigorously shook his head. "Except the sky!"

"THERE, YESS!"

Thud.

Jungkook slightly moved his body around Jimin to take a look at the door to Hoseok's room before questioningly glancing towards the boy himself, eyebrows meeting his hairline as Jimin practically wished for the grim reaper to come pluck his life.

"It's nothing like it looks. I swear we aren't eavesdropping on any one we're just..."

Thud thud thud.

The rambling boy almost folded into himself, all kinds of embarrassed, shocked and what not while in the middle of it all, there stood Taehyung with his signature blank face that he sported on rare occasions.

Shaking his head Jungkook walked up to the door, ignoring Jimin's panicked expressions and protesting hands and pushed it open.

Jimin covered his eyes, his other hand flying to Taehyung's to cover his and the two males inside gasped loudly in unison.

The intruders were greeted by a not so graceful sight with a Hoseok clinging to Namjoon, almost falling off of his back while the other struggled to keep his balance, one hand supporting the chestnut haired ass the other occupied by a flip flop that repeatedly landed on the carpeted floor with thumping sounds.

Both males looked at the newcomers in their frozen states. Jimin peeking from behind his slightly parted fingers, Taehyung unbothered like a robot still hadn't made any move to remove Jimin's hand away and Jungkook standing awkwardly with the door hanging ajar.

Namjoon seemed too stunned to even speak while Hoseok looked sheepish in all his honesty as he offered an apologetic smile to the trio.

"Hehe. There's a big ass bug in her- OH MY GODD IT'S MOVING JOON, HIT IT HARDER THIS TIME! FINISH IT FOR GOOD!!"

Thud thud thud.

Sometimes, all Jimin wanted to do was whack himself across his own fucking face with a goddamn throw pillow!

He wished, as his lips fell in a flat line, trying to block out a chuckle by a certain tattooed raven head while an ecstatic Taehyung rushed inside the room with his arms wide open and a cry of Namjoon hyung leaving his lips as Hoseok finally met the floor in a smooch.

Talk about sore butts this time!

==============================================

The room was bland, like how an interrogation room should be.

Clean to a T and washed in florescent lights, white walls, white ceiling, minimum furniture - a small table occupying the middle of the room with a chair on either sides and another table huddled in the corner, stacked with piles and piles of papers, files and cardboard boxes. A one way mirror installed in a wall and opposite to it was the grayish, metallic door with a tiny glass opening to peek through, that too one way. A surveillance camera beeped in another corner and robotically moved about its axis, not that it had anything interesting to record though.

Jackson sat there alone with his head buried in the layers of old records of crimes and hands alternating between typing away at the laptop and flicking the pages in files for any new information. His attentive eyes absorbing everything to store in his brain like a terabyte hard drive, quick in speed, efficient in performance.

So deeply invested in his work that he didn't hear the door opening and a number of people waking in until there was a voice chiding beside him.

"Jackson, don't waste your time and move your ass back to work. C'mon. "

Jackson looked up from the amount of documents his head remained submerged in as a smile spread on his face.

"Solar. The beauty has blessed me, finally-," He chirped but then his effortless smile got wiped off just as a sauntering Taemin made his way in through the door. "-and with the beauty here comes the beast too."

Taemin had the audacity to throw him a flying kiss.

"What are you doing in the interrogation room with all this mess, huh?"

Startled, Jackson bent his body backwards to be able to look at the owner of the voice.

"Interrogating, Seojoon. I'm interrogating." Jackson replied, his fingers deftly clicking at the laptop's keyboard.

Seojoon spun around to take in the surroundings.

"Interrogating who? I don't see anyone else besides us here."

"The lady who died fifty years ago."

Having said that, Taemin hollered a hyena laugh, his whole body shaking with the force of it as Seojoon followed, giggling along whilst Solar- well, she internally questioned the mental capabilities of her team but then this was the very team that had stayed with her in rain or shine, the only down point was they came with an added dash of assholery.

Shaking her head in dismissal she turned on her heels to the door and grabbed the handle, immediately feeling another hand landing over hers.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa- not so fast madam. I need your ass here for something important." Jackson had dashed all the way from the table to the door only to hold a clueless Solar by her shoulders and steered her towards the only other empty chair in the room before pushing her down on it.

"And as for my ass- I have been moving it quiet alot actually. "

"Ahhhh! Not infront of my eyes- need- holy water," Taemin cried out, shielding his eyes as Jackson begun twerking his bum in front of his face as the former was hogging the chair that Jackson had earlier.

"Jackson, we don't need a belly dance here. "

Seojoon could barely suppress his own laughter while Jackson scowled at the two.

"Ungrateful pieces of trash, don't even know how to appreciate art."

Solar was still sitting there, arms crossed over her chest watching that added dash of extra assholery play it self out.

Her team couldn't be helped, atleast not in this lifetime!

Exhaling a defeated sigh out, she snapped her fingers to catch the males' attention and as a result Jackson finally turned to look at her.

"Oh- yeah. Sorry sorry. I'll get back to work right away."

He apologized having seen the irritation claiming the woman's face as he rounded the table and fished out a file from the stack of many others. Flicking it open he begun reading out from the page.

"Alright. So, one of our deep cover agents were tipped by an unknown source about a high value target meeting taking place several days from now. The exact day and time wasn't mentioned but they said the meeting will be held in La Macarena."

"For what? Through what? What kind of meeting? " Seojoon queried.

"It's an arms deal and allegedly the deal will be run for billions of dollars worth ammunition."

"Who provided the tip?" Solar squinted her eyes at Jackson while the man flipped through more pages before stopping at one, then raised his head to look at Solar.

"They introduced themselves as World Wide Shoulders. "

Brows tugged together in a grimace on Taemin's face. "Wakanda shit name is that?!?"

"What about running diagnostics for voice recognition?"

All eyes focused on Seojoon who had his arms crossed as Jackson shook his head in negation.

"Unfortunately, they were using voice changer so recognizing them by voice was out of question. The number couldn't be tracked either. Must have used a burner phone."

"Wait, wait, wait-," Solar held a hand up and Jackson paused to shift his gaze towards her. "How did this so called broad shouldered mysterious person know about our agent? He's deep cover for a reason."

At the question Jackson succumbed into a deep consideration, seemingly lost altogether before he shrugged, dropping the file on the table.

"No idea but at least the agent is still breathing that means he's not the target of anyone."

"Hmm. Fair point. " Seojoon nodded in confirmation.

"I say it's a setup then." Taemin chipped in with a verdict of his own making Seojoon doubt himself.

"Well- you've got a fair point too."

"No, it's not and I've solid reasons to believe it."

With quick movements Jackson scrambled to his feet and came to stand beside Solar, working his magic as he turned the knobs on a Stingray device, pushed some buttons on it and shifted towards the laptop. After a click and two Jackson straightened up as a recording begun playing through the laptop's speakers.

"Successful?"

"A little too much. I wish I could've blown his brains out right then and there."

A grim voice echoed around the room followed by another that seemed to respond to the former.

"When the time's right, ARP, when the time's right, I'll let you do the honors yourself. As of now you've to give 'em a proper welcome, then treat 'em to a well deserved meal. Uncle Han's specific orders for you."

There came a pause before the first voice sounded again, it's tone clipped.

"Fuck 'em who are gonna moniter this call. I didn't let that bastard stick his dick up my ass to end up hiding in a corner. Let 'em know Wolf is back."

"Sometimes your reckless behavior makes me wonder if you've blue balls for a brain! Do however it pleases you just- don't get killed before you even have a chance to celebrate. I don't wanna mourn over your corpse."

"Aw, mama duck is worried about me." The first voice sniggered, resuming afterwards. "Don't worry, Red. I'm not dying without taking one of them back to hell with me."

Another pause settled between them before the second voice spoke up again.

"Try not to die and await further orders. You're going fine."

And the line went dead after that.

Dead, like the silence in the interrogation room as well.

Looks were exchanged between the team members, a mix of realization of what maybe at play and of premonition as Solar pursed her lips.

"There's more and this is where shit hits the fan."

she flickered her eyes at Jackson to find him looking all serious?

If he was serious, whatever this more was had to be concerning.

Jackson shuffled towards the table that was in the corner and came back with a plastic bag in his hand, the bag containing several item as he popped it open and whipped a picture out, it's edges crumpled and worn out as the years passed. He slid it on the table in Solar's direction.

"This was among the stuff that was confiscated in a raid on the hideout of a lackey. He used to run errands for wannabe criminal groups and individual delinquents."

"It's just a picture, Jackson. "

"Not just a picture, Seojoon."

Jackson urged Solar to take a good look at it and watched her eyes turn the size of saucers when she recognized a particular face.

"Yup, that's him, exactly him, with another man who's wanted by the police."

Jackson stood straight with a proud smile as if he had just hit a jackpot, which from Solar's point of view, he had. Just- this jackpot could easily turn the tides for better or for worse.

Looking down at the picture Solar's throat constricted, chest growing heavy with an unsettling feeling as the smile, that sunshine smile beamed back at her.

"Where's the owner of this picture?"

"Bailed, gone and hiding underground." Taemin narrowed his eyes down at the picture, his jaws hanging open once he too recognized the man.

"That's not all folks." Jackson begun again, harnessing the attention of the other three as they listened to him attentively now. "We had been told that Kim Seokjin was injured in a robbery so imagine my surprise when I found out this was not the case. He had been called to the crime scene by this very man-," he taped his index finger at the man with the sunshine smile, "-and guess what happens after that."

"He gets shot." Seojoon, who had been silent this whole time, supplied and the decisive smile Jackson gave him seemed to draw the conclusion.

"Exactly.

"So you're are implying that it could have been an attempted murder?" Taemin scratched the back of his head.

"No, what I'm saying is, things just don't add up, specially if you connect the dots. Something else had gone down there last night that we have purposefully been kept in the dark about. Why? It remains a question but after seeing all of this," he extended his arms at the mess of papers and documents, "I don't have a good feeling about this. Watcha say, Solar? Hello? Earth to Solar system, can you hear me?"

"Huh?" Solar blinked out of her daze of staring at the picture. At that sunshine smile. "Well, let's not jump to conclusions without any concrete proofs-"

Because the picture alone proved nothing but it wasn't something she could sweep under the carpet either or turn a blind eye to.

"But look like we'll be calling Jung Hoseok in for a little chit chat though."

She had been around the man since she took up the job. Seen him climb his way up from being nobody to being a prominent presence within the Kim's family, witnessed him on his best behavior. If Hoseok out of all the people were to turn out to be a black sheep Solar didn't know what to believe in anymore.

She really hoped she wouldn't have to cuff the man in and watch her belief stagger in the name of humanity.
==================================================

Jungkook needed to smoke a cig or two out no of their existence to be able to think, and think straight right now for his mind was diving into all kinds of valleys, all sorts of wayward roads that led to Taehyung. It was Taehyung as the road signs and Taehyung on the billboards in his head.

His fucking face.

His goddamn body.

His Godforsaken eyes.

Bullshit blabbering.

That feisty mouth of his and those damned lips.

Fucking- everything!

And fuck Jungkook's mind that it had this memory gap where he found himself lost about what he actually did last night to wake up next to the boy, half naked.

This was by far the most unprofessional Jungkook had gone.

Perhaps it was just his dick that he needed to fuck the sexual frustration out of. He was a man for heaven's sake.

A young, fully functional man with needs and urges of his own so him thinking through his dick was reasonable, atleast.

This was as long as his heart was not brought in the picture.

His heart that had started beating a little louder, a little faster for some days now. Surely, his heart didn't have anything to do with his dick unless there was something called the art of fucking out the frustrated heart in order to make it stop from going all Usain Bolt on him whenever Taehyung was around.

What exactly was it about the boy that lured him in like a siren's song, a melodious beat, a beautiful fucking rhythm his heart had started beating on and was turning him into those cringe worthy, lovesick lovebirds too.

Always thinking about a particular someone, always, even if he should be getting ready to drop that very spawn of Satan, his older brother and best friend to hospital since it was decided they needed to pay Seokjin a visit, exclusively on Taehyung's request.

"You must be Jungkook."

The raven head flinched, having not known when somebody walked up to him as he pushed himself away from the hood of his Mustang.
He turned around locking eyes with the Kim's older son.

Kim Namjoon.

Man was handsome. Period. And oozed power and authority with his simple yet perfectly put personality.

"Don't look surprised." Namjoon's cheeks dented into two pretty dimples as he smiled with his lips pressed together. "I've ways to keep an eye back home even if I'm away so I know what's happening behind my back, Tae can be a little troublesome sometimes."

"Couldn't agree more. " Jungkook let a hearty chuckle slip out despite wanting to screech, a LITTLE troublesome? What did his mother eat before pushing him out? but thought better than to actually say it while extending his hand towards the other.

"You're Kim Namjoon, the little trouble's big brother. I don't see your security around."

The ravenette nudged his head behind Namjoon as the said man cracked another smile.

"I don't bother with security."

"So it runs in the family, huh?"

"What does?"

"The displeasure with bodyguards."

This time Namjoon burst out in a full fledged laugh, his eyes squinting at the corners while the dents in his cheeks dug deeper. Shaking his head he held his hand out and Jungkook gave him a puzzling look.

"Grab my hand."

Jungkook did as told, grabbing the man's hand and the next second found himself laying on the ground next to the tires of his Mustang. A dull ache seared through his head indicating he might have hit it as he rapidly blinked his eyes to clear his vision out.

When it did clear out a dimpled face popped into his view since Namjoon stood by his head, bending down.

"I don't despise bodyguards. I'm just capable enough to hold my own."

Not only was Namjoon handsome but seemed impressively good with hand to hand combat.

Looked like Jungkook might finally have found the way to take his frustration out.

He smiled amusedly and grabbed Namjoon's outstretched palm again who pulled him up to his feet.

He dusted his pants and was about to properly introduce himself when a chubby hand pressed itself into his back and pushed him aside.

"Move bitches, royalties coming through."

Tuning around Jungkook was met with a Jimin who fancied black tinted sunglasses on his face, one that were peculiar to bodyguards and was holding an arm out in a manner that suggested it was aimed at clearing out any unnecessary crowd in the way of the so called royalties, that being the boy- Taehyung.

Teens!

Jungkook inwardly sighed and proceeded to open the door for Taehyung like he usually did but Jimin beat him to it with a too wide, too sweet smile that totally contrasted with the murderous look in his eyes.

"No, thank you Jeon get your fucking shit together Jungkook. I'll do it for Taehyung."

It was amazing how a dozen of profanities leaving this boy's mouth didn't bother him in the least but Taehyung calling him a bitch did.

He wordlessly watched Taehyung walk past him without even glancing at him, head hanging down and slipped in through the driver's seat towards the ones that were in the back before Jimin followed suit and stepped in as well, quickly closing the door with a loud bang just as he figured the bodyguard was the next to get in the driver's seat.

Both Jungkook and Namjoon shared a look, and a braincell maybe.

Hands resting on the window sill Namjoon craned his head in and peeked at the brown headed, the rest of his body out.

"Hey Jimin, who pissed in your cereal?"

With a sass that nobody could rival Jimin flipped his imaginary hair back and looked Namjoon, replying cheerfully.

"Nobody." Then averted his eyes at the bodyguard "-but I wish I could piss in someone else's cereal today instead."

Teenagers!

Namjoon concluded too with a shaking head and pulled the door open for Jungkook as an apology for Jimin's behavior before walking around the vehicle and sat in the seat next to driver's.

As Jungkook buckled himself up his eyes met the godforsaken ones through the rearview mirror and he felt the boy gulping down, looking away with his face blooming shades of red.

And red was the color of Jungkook's lips that he bit into hard enough to turn it crimson when his heart, once more, jump started into that melodious rhythm that he had come to dislike for a number of reason, like for a number of reasons and fear for a number of reasons.

Oh, the number of reasons he knew he was fucking alot of things up for.

Well shit.

==================================================

Hahaha, *clears throat bcz the dumb author doesn't have anything to say again*

Question of the year- who's World Wide Shoulders?!

Ahem-- so you guys wanna fight me? C'mon- fight me! That is, if u r still breathing my doods, (flip those ds around and see what it means) my mind works in a dirty way lmao 😎

So, ik I'm laterrrrrr this time but that was cz there were A NUMBER OF REASONS, all unimportant to mention here but were valis enough to keep me away from writing or atleast hinder it but I've served a chptr tht legit mad wattpad app glitch bcz of the amount of words in it alnskdnekdbd I must b forgiven 🎁

That being said, drop the comments, and hit the star, feed me love im hungry for it babe,

Until next time,

Take care, much love ❤️💞

Adios my loves.

💞❤️❤️✨✨

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

1.1M 50K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
282K 9.1K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
1M 34K 61
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
342K 20K 74
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...