Keeper of Remnant (English)

By AirwindFel

Descend, quite literally, to Remnant, to follow a particular protagonist while he unveils the mysteries of a... More

1. Remnant
2. Questions
3. ...interesting
4. Initiation
5. The first day
6. Good intentions.
7. Forever Fall
8. One foward, two back
9. Black and White.
11. Planning the heist
Data entries No. 1: Keepers
12. Spiral
13. The best day ever

10. The truth

18 0 0
By AirwindFel

The weekend was sadly over, and with it the beginning of a new week. After what happened at the docks, the whole team was back together, Weiss had accepted without problems that Blake was a faunus, for his part Fel received an epic scolding from Sagira and Alyssa.

Now, in the morning, team RWBY was walking through the halls of the academy as their first class was with Professor Goodwitch. As they walked, Ruby was telling her teammates about what seemed to be a dream.

"It was weird, I think I remember...I was on some kind of mountain, snowy, I'm not sure where exactly, though it didn't seem like anywhere in Remnant, it was like...another world" Explained the team leader.

"There was also someone..." Ruby remembered "He was weird, he had some kind of white and gold armor, and a somewhat long cape...apparently he was watching the sunrise, I didn't see his face but...I felt like he was seeing that view...it was like he was thinking how to talk...it's hard to explain, but I didn't really know more, when I got close enough he turned to look at me, his eyes glowed and then I woke up" Ruby finished saying, while the others analyzed her.

"Maybe it means something" Blake said, a bit of a believer in her stories.

"Yeah, maybe..." Fel said quietly.

As they walked down the hallway heading to their first class, they had run into the JNPR team.

"Hi girls!" Nora said, cheerful as always.

"Ahem."

"And boy" She added.

"Hi Fel" Pyrrha said, with a friendly smile.

"Hi guys" Fel said, greeting the JNPR team "And Nora!"

"Hey! what does that mean?" Nora complained pouting slightly.

he turned to see Jaune and Pyrrha "Umm, sorry if I didn't get to train with you guys over the weekend, the cat got lost and almost got killed, aaand if you like we can still in the evening" Fel said giving a summary in a nutshell of what happened the previous chapter.

Pyrrha just thought it was a joke, "I'd love to" Said Pyrrha kindly.

"Sounds good to me" Jaune said amicably.

Soon they all arrived at Prof. Goodwitch's class, as usual they sat together, while the teacher was in the middle of the arena, Fel greeted her from afar to which Glynda responded with a slight smile, until finally it was time for class to begin.

"Good morning students, I hope you had enough time to rest over the weekend" Glynda commented, as always, with a calm but serious attitude "Today we will resume the fights between students, as well as how to use the Aura to take advantage in a fight."

Some, like Nora and Yang seemed quite happy with the idea of fighting, Fel for his part could only smile at this, it might be something he is adept at.

"Let's get started, then."

"Excuse me, Professor!"

Before Goodwitch could continue, she was interrupted by Pyrrha, who had stood up and was raising her arm.

"If it's not inconvenient, I'd like to be the first to participate."

That got a lot of people talking among themselves, after all so far no one had seen Pyrrha fight, plus she had the nickname Invincible Girl so she had attracted quite a bit of attention.

But they were even more surprised when they heard what Pyrrha said.

"I'd like to fight against Felwinter."

"Eh? me?" Fel was surprised.

"It's okay, right?"

Pyrrha for her part showed to be happy and excited, hoping that Fel would accept her little request to fight, after all, it was just a friendly fight.

"Very well, I accept then" Fel said, sharing the redhead's excitement.

For her part, the teacher took a few seconds to think about it until she decided to give her approval "Alright, go get ready."

Both Pyrrha and Fel nodded and soon headed for the lockers, while teams RWBY and JN(P)R were left confused at what had happened, wondering what Pyrrha wanted to accomplish with this.

"Why would Pyrrha have asked Fel to fight?" asked Jaune, curious.

"Maybe she just wants to have a friendly fight with him" Ren suggested.

"This is going to be great" Yang said with a smile "I bet 20 lien on Fel".

"I'll bet 20 on Pyrrha" Nora replied.

"Nora, no" Ren said.

"Nora, yes!" replied Nora.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry if this may be sound selfish."

Pyrrha mentioned as she and Winter left going into a hallway to go get their weapons and equipment.

(I'm going to have a hard time distinguishing between Fel and Weiss's sister by first and last name x'dd)

"Don't worry, I was planning on sleeping through the whole class anyway, come to think of it why did you want to fight me?" the Guardian asked.

"Truth be told...you look like someone strong, I wanted to know what you're capable of" Pyrrha said, though it was only half the truth.

"Hmmm, I thought it was for revenge, for not training, hehe." Fel said jokingly.

"That'll be why too" Added Pyrrha with a chuckle, and a slight blush on her face.

Soon the two of them were on their way, each heading to the men's and women's locker room. A few minutes passed but it was Pyrrha who finished first while Fel took a little longer, until he was ready with his armor, which I will baptize as Tacet Ventus, or Tacet, just as that, it should be noted that he wore a kind of cloak but this seemed smaller and was as short, but still entirely covered the helmet of the hunter.

Both fighters were in the arena, outside the circle in the middle was Glynda supervising everything, and the students had their scrolls recording everything, why?

On the one hand, Pyrrha was quite famous, in Mistral she won several tournaments and never lost any fight, because of that she was called the Invincible Girl, besides she was a very beautiful girl, but above all a great fighter.

On the other side was Felwinter, a Guardian whose abilities had been the bane of gods, having saved humanity and that race known as Phoenix many times, being the Guardians seen as almost gods by the Lightless, and besides that he kept a secret even deeper than being a legend, but of course, they didn't know it...yet.

By now, Fel had gained a certain fame among the students, this due to the fact that he is the only male member of team RWBY, plus he kicked Cardin's ass and epically humiliated his entire team after they bothered a faunus girl.

This, almost inevitably, generated scorn from some guys, both jealous and racist, but on the other hand the girls quite liked the idea of a guy who saw everyone as equal, especially among the faunus girls.

"Ready?"

Fel materialized his staff, taking a couple of turns with it and thrusting it into the ground, while his right hand held the staff his left was behind him, giving a certain air of superiority.

Pyrrha on the other hand had her javelin weapon and her shield.

That was the answer to Goodwitch, both ready for combat. It was then that she spoke a single word.

"Begin!"

Pyrrha leapt up to approach Fel from above. For his part Fel swung his staff preparing to repel the attack, taking it with two hands and placing it horizontally he blocked Pyrrha's javelin, the impact of weapons caused sparks to fly, Fel dodging quickly moved away.

But Pyrrha was already halfway, and Fel decided to take the initiative, moving to where Pyrrha, but Pyrrha was quick and threw her shield, to which Fel jumped slightly making a front dodge, rising just enough to dodge the shield, to which, at a safe distance, he began to attack Pyrrha with spinning blows that she had a hard time dodging, until her shield came back behind Fel, to which he dodged again doing a back flip, and took the opportunity to kick the shield, causing it to gain more momentum than necessary hitting Pyrrha, before she recovered it properly using her Semblance.

It was then when Pyrrha switched to using her sword-shaped weapon, starting to attack Fel, the Guardian started to use his staff spinning and blocking it, hoping to confuse her with the fast swings of it.

Every time they clashed their weapons, sparks flew, Pyrrha for her part at the moment of launching the next attack made a feint, quickly changing the direction, so she aimed at the Guardian's stomach.

Fel for his part was trying not to go over the line and hurt Pyrrha seriously, it could be said that he was not going so seriously, this did not go unnoticed by Professor Goodwitch.

Fel managed to grab her by the wrist avoiding the attack completely, to later hit Pyrrha with the staff in the chest making her fly away from the Guardian, then she stabilized and landed safely, she used her weapon this time in the form of a rifle, but what she did was to prepare a bullet with fire Dust.

She fired. The bullet was going straight for Fel.

And upon impact there was an explosion.

It wasn't a big explosion, someone with Aura would have survived that without a problem, although it would have taken a big part of it down. Where Fel was there was only smoke, while some thought that the fight was over there, the teams and Pyrrha were a bit worried.

It was not until the smoke began to disperse that they finally saw Fel, he was completely motionless, what was most surprising was the fact that at that moment he was still as if nothing, but around him there was a kind of blue energy bubble, which generated some small lightning constantly, this bubble seemed to come out of the staff, since it was stuck in the ground, and some lightning also came out of it.

What was even more surprising was the fact that Fel's "Aura" had not dropped at all after the attack, however Pyrrha's was at 56%.

Pyrrha was surprised, because she had never lasted so long in a fight, moreover, she had never fought against someone who kept his Aura intact, while hers was already close to half, she liked that, but she had to get serious if she wanted to at least lower his Aura a little, Fel was definitely not weak, his technique proved it by far, even the teacher seemed surprised at such an encounter.

The bubble of light disappeared, Fel unclipped his staff from the ground, and then began to spin it two-handed in front of him, and the staff in question began to overflow with arc light, generating a blue glow and lightning, accompanied by that typical sound of electricity, and the vibrations of it that could be felt from afar.

Fel then stopped twirling his bow staff to take up a somewhat familiar stance.

Fel began to move quickly towards Pyrrha. Pyrrha started to do the same and the moment they were close to each other they started to fight.

Pyrrha was using her spear and shield to try to land a blow on Fel, while the Guardian was using his staff to defend himself and land a blow at the same time. Thanks to the Aura Pyrrha did not feel so much the electric touches of the staff, what she did feel were the blows that Fel connected, starting to reduce her Aura.

In spite of that, their movements were quite fast, to the point that the students could only watch the fight with amazement, while they thought it was really a great show.

Fel started to increase more and more the speed of his attacks, under his helmet his eyes were glowing blue again, Pyrrha was good but she was lagging behind in speed and Fel managed to break her guard with a lateral blow, one to her hand where she held the shield, then to her right hand, depriving her of her sword and then a frontal blow with his staff, disarming her and sending her flying, this time she did not stabilize so well, falling a little abruptly to the ground, but in the end she managed to get up, with effort.

Fel was getting ready for something, starting to swing his staff once again.

"Enough!"

They suddenly heard Goodwitch's words, both turned to look at him, Fel immediately stopped feeding the staff with his energy to then thrust it into the ground, so that subsequently the weapon disappeared.

"It was an impressive demonstration of combat, no doubt about it, but by Aura's level the winner is Felwinter."

The moment the teacher said that the students let out several exclamations, some were surprised by what they saw, others complained about it. But it doesn't change the fact that it was a great fight.

"I just want to say for young Felwinter, I suggest self-control."

Fel nodded at this, then quickly made his way over to Pyrrha, intending to help her.

"Shit, Pyrrha are you okay?" Fel's helmet disappeared, exposing his face.

For her part the redhead took a while to pull herself together, Fel held out his hand to help her up, she accepted his help and lifted her up.

"You can go with your teams" was the last thing the blonde teacher said to them.

After saying that, Pyrrha with Fel's help left the arena and went once again in the direction of the locker room, only that while they were walking Pyrrha decided to talk to the Guardian.

"That was a great fight...you really are quite strong" Pyrrha said with a friendly smile.

"Yeah...sorry if I hit too hard, I-I got carried away and-"

"It was just a friendly fight, no big deal, although I'm surprised I couldn't even touch you, we should train more often" The redhead suggested.

"Y-yeah, sure, gladly" Fel answered still a little nervous.

"Shall I wait for you?" mentioned Pyrrha.

"Sure" The hunter replied.

After arriving at the lockers and changing back into his uniform, Pyrrha waited for Fel, until he came out a little later, with his uniform, his insignia scarf, his headset and was adjusting a black glove he had on his right hand.

It was then that they both soon returned with the rest of their teams, since it was a quick thing to do, they didn't say much on the way. So there they all were waiting for both students.

"That...was...AWESOME!" Ruby was the first to say that.

"It really was awesome" Yang said with a smile as she gave Fel a gentle tap on the shoulder.

Weiss still couldn't believe it, Fel had beaten Pyrrha Nikos?

"really that was awesome Pyrrha" Said Jaune "You too Fel, though don't use that staff when we train please"

"Haha, no promises" Fel said laughing slightly.

"It was nothing, really" Said Pyrrha in a kind and gentle way.

"What was that? That bubble that surrounded you the moment Pyrrha shot you, is that your Semblance?" Of course Weiss was going to be the nosy one about it.

"Emm, yes, part of it" That got everyone's attention to the Guardian "My armor can amplify and store it, it's very useful."

"Really your armor can do that?" asked Blake, slightly surprised, though she had already seen that bubble in action.

"Indeed my dear Blake" Replied the hunter colloquially.

"And where did you get that armor? Who built it?" said Weiss, though it sounded more like she demanded to know.

"Calm down Ice Queen, don't be a gossip" Yang said.

"I'm not being gossipy, I'm just interested to know" Weiss replied.

"That's being gossipy" Said Nora somewhat innocently.

"It doesn't matter" Said Weiss making an "Hmph!" and turning away.

"Come to think of it, if it's not too annoying" Said Pyrrha "But where are you from? from Vale?"

"Ehh no, not from Vale..."

"Maybe you're from Atlas, hence the armor" Blake suggested.

"The truth is..."

Fel thought about it for a moment, sooner or later he would have to tell them who he was, and at some point, what he was, but in class it really wasn't the right time, even though another fight had started and the teacher wasn't paying attention to them, but he thought maybe it was time to tell them the truth, at least half of it, it was something very important to him, but he trusted them.

"All right, I'll tell them what you want to know, but it will be later, after class is over."

"Why not now?" asked Jaune curiously.

"Let's just say I don't want people to listen" Said the hunter calmly.

But that was enough for them to gain an expression of confusion about it, whatever it was, they supposed it must be something important.

But for now, the class continued as usual.

---------------------------------------

The hours passed, everyone had had something to eat for lunch and the classes were over, for the teams it had been a long day, because they were a little impatient, since Fel was planning to reveal something to them. So the best thing to do was to go to team RWBY's dorm room.

There, Fel was standing in front of what was the window of the room, while the others were in front of him, sitting on chairs, on the bed or even on the floor.

"So...what's this all about?" asked Ruby, rather curious.

"Well, umm...."

Fel began to speak, as they waited for whatever was going to come out of his mouth.

For his part he couldn't find the right words to explain it, so he decided to just blurt it out.

"Fuck it, I'll just say it: I'm not from this world" Fel said as if it was nothing.

Obviously, that confused those present quite a bit.

"What do you mean?" asked Jaune.

"That, I'm not from this world, I wasn't born in Remnant, I would be what you might consider an alien, or a being from another universe."

"Impossible! You can't possibly be an alien, you look like a human" Weiss complained.

"True, I am "human", but I am a human from my own world. The place I come from is definitely and very much different from here, let me tell you a little about my world, watch for this, and your scrolls"

Fel then threw his scroll on the shelf rest, and it projected an image of what appeared to be Earth.

"Alright, this is Earth, the place where I was born, approximately 1116 years ago mankind discovered on one of its planets, Mars, a massive spherical shaped entity, we named it Traveller."

As Fel spoke, images of man's arrival on Mars and the discovery of the Traveller were projected both on the scrolls of those present and on the hologram.

"It changed everything, terraformed our planets, technologically we advanced hundreds of years in decades, life expectancy tripled, it was an time of miracles, we discovered more and more things, and it was our destiny to walk under the light of other stars" Fel explained.

For those present, it all sounded too nice to be true, a whole solar system? it seemed like a dream come true, at least to escape from the Grimm.

"But, I wish it had all been like that, however, the Traveler had an enemy, an ancient and dark one, and yes, it is redundant but it was the Darkness, the Traveler's enemy, had been chasing him for eons, just like them".

"Who?" asked Ruby.

"Apothicons, creatures that were once pure beings, but were seduced by the dark ether, and corrupted to the point that only a millionth part of what they once were, these creatures invaded the Origin System, and the Great War was unleashed."

"That War was one of epic proportions, the Light and the Dark, the Traveler and the Pyramids were constantly attacking each other, and the Apothicons were gaining ground on Earth, it wasn't until the arrival of the Keepers."

"Keepers?" Now Weiss was the one asking.

"They were, in short, those responsible for the creation of my world, and many others. Beings of pure Light who often took human forms, but this time they had to give their all to fight for their Creation."

"In the twilight of the War, the Keepers made a great sacrifice to eliminate their enemies, using the Traveler as a channel, and the Traveler himself joining the sacrifice, eliminated their enemy, and gave life to the Ghosts."

"Very well, and...how do you expect us to believe all this? This whole thing doesn't sound..." Yang said only to be interrupted.

Next to Fel, and with a small glow, Sagira had appeared, floating over and looking at Fel, then looking at those present.

"What Fel says couldn't be more true" Said the Ghost, as those present were startled, and were beginning to believe him.

"I didn't know him that well in his life, not his past life at least, I had been inherited to him by a legend, but something special brought us together, they called him...the Traveler, and when it arrived, it changed his world forever. It was a Golden Age, humanity ascended...until it fell. An ancient enemy pursued the Traveler throughout the Universe, humanity faced extinction, but it made a decision to sacrifice itself to eliminate its enemy, and give life to the Ghosts. I am a Ghost, more important, I am HIS Ghost" He says pointing to Fel "and he, is one of the Traveler's Chosen, he, is a Guardian, chosen to fight against the forces that threaten the System, and now he ended up in Remnant, to continue his work" Explained Sagira epically, while in the hologram of the scroll the corresponding cinematic was reproduced.

"Well, now do you believe me?" Fel said, finishing his explanation.

"Wait, you could easily be using that drone with Gravity Dust!" Weiss was still trying not to believe it.

"All right then..."

Fel then proceeded to raise his hand, and from it began to come out arcs of electricity, until this same energy was channeled into a dagger of electricity, to the left of it, manifested what was Solar Light, taking the form of a ball of fire, and to the right, another sphere, but this time of Void energy, which manifested into a kind of purple energy, from their perspective, they thought for a moment he was using some trick of Dust's, but then they remembered that all their weapons and armor were in their lockers, who was this guy?

"So...who are you?" asked Ruby.

"I'm Felwinter, a Guardian of the Last City."

"What's a Guardian supposed to be?" asked Blake.

"As I said before, a Guardian is a being chosen by the Traveler, to harness the energy known as Light, this" said Fel bringing the three energies emanating from his left hand a little closer together.

"Well...think of the Guardians as Huntsmen, but who travel into space and have powers like these."

"And you're supposed to be one of them?"

"Indeed."

"And where we come from, this idiot here is a legend!" Sagira said somewhat proudly.

"Eh? A legend?" This time it was Pyrrha who asked.

Sagira then went on to explain the feats Fel has done to save the Origin System, including, but not limited to: the Black Garden, Atheon, Crota, Oryx, the House of Wolves, the Iron Lords, Aksis, the Red War, the Scarlet Keep, and a huge etc, if you play Destiny, Fel played every dlc up to Beyond Light.

Hours passed, and it was already early morning, and Sagira finished explaining also how Fel ended up here, this was...a lot of information to process, literally, years of life summed up in hours.

"Wow...it's...I really don't know what to say..." said Yang, trying to wrap her head around it all.

"Me neither...it's a lot to process..." Blake commented, and the rest of the people present were the same way, that explained a lot.

Despite everything, there were still some gaps in his story, Blake was the only one who noticed this, she thought Fel didn't want to tell them something, and so it was, but they weren't supposed to know that.

Or at least, not yet.

(Done! later I'll make separate data entries to explain Fel's history more in depth and other things I missed, for now this will be the little information I give because summarizing years of history in a few paragraphs is a brain cell consumption of epic proportions)

(This is the Keeper Airwind, signin off)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1.1M 49.5K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
204K 13.6K 19
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
142K 5.1K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...