Dirty Dancing with a Goddess

Por Ar040394

"Hello mortal, I'm (Y/n), daughter of Hades and Persephone," He squints, blinking slowly and rubbing his eye... Más

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18

Chapter 17

106 17 8
Por Ar040394

Your POV:

Jimins look of wide-eyed panic is something I've grown accustomed too, but this time it actually feels good to see that expression on him.

"Uh, guys?" Namjoon unsurely calls, the alarm in his voice increasing with each word "-why can I see her, and why is she glowing?"

Jimin glances down to the familiar checkpoint achievement glow, completely unfazed by it now. Huh, maybe I should've kissed him sooner.

However, our hands are no longer touching. Not even grazing past since we pushed each other away after the kiss. But Namjoon can see me?

"How many fingers am I holding up?" I ask, just to check.

He looks to my hands and confidently answers "three."

Jimin nearly falls over as his disbelieving gaze bounces back and forth between Namjoon and my three held up fingers.

Well, I guess thats that.

Jimins phone rings, that same song which I can only assume is his favourite, plays at the loudest volume imaginable.

"Sorry, I have to take this," he mumbles as his finger slides across the screen.

It's honestly disorienting to understand each word as he speaks rather than only a beat later understanding his words.

He leaves the living room for his own bedroom to have the coversation in private, leaving me alone with Namjoon now.

His widened eyes bounce around the room and his foot taps on the floor repeatedly.

"Do you have something you want to ask me?" I ask.

He sharply turns my way, looking absolutely animated, like this 70 year old kid I met once in the underworld who reunited with his dog who'd passed away years before.

"Oh god yes," he blurts out "...sorry is it rude to say 'god' in your presence?"

Finally, someone who pays attention to my status.

"Not at all, ask away."

He leans in a little closer, excitement brimming every feature on his face.

Yea see, this is the type of reaction I expected upon introducing myself to Jimin.

But then his excitement falters. Huh, maybe I spoke too soon.

"To tell you the truth... I worry about Jimin alot. Our group is filled with meticulous workaholics, but Jimins the hardest on himself yet he'll always say he's fine."

I could see that. Clearly, if it wasn't obvious enough, Jimin isn't one whos very open about the difficult feelings in life.

Constantly being under the publics scrutiny and needing to keep up the celebrity image doesn't make it any easier either. Sort of makes you wonder where exactly the line between work and rest lies. Or if there even is a line anymore.

"After getting our own places, y'know I worry even more that he'd let his thoughts consume him. For awhile it seemed my theory was correct but then somewhere over a month ago he started to change a little."

A month ago? Like, when I arrived in his room month ago?

Namjoon chuckles to himself, "he showed up frazzled, his hair was all over the place and his shirt on backwards." Namjoon scrunches up his hair in an attempt to recreate Jimins burnt bedhair look.

"He was a mess," he sighs as a famillial sort of warmth washes over his features"-But for the first time in a long time, Jimin complained about his life and vented about how tough it gets sometimes."

His gaze meets mine, still holding the same fondness.

"I assume your presence may have something to do with that change, so whatever it is you need to do... don't hesitate to reach out to me if you need help dealing with him and his stubborn ways."

Damn, why am I getting emotional? Aren't these guys supposed to be just colleagues?

"I will... actually theres something I do need to ask."

"Ask away."

"Jimins ex-girlfriend Heeji, what exactly happened between those two?"

His face pulls a blank, not one that was clueless but one that was hiding. He didn't want to give anything away through his expression but hints of deep-rooted regret and fear peeked through the cracks in his mask.

"Okay, I know this sounds really contradictory since I just said I'll help you with anything but... it doesn't feel right to tell you that. Jimin should be the one, but please go about it gently when asking."

It seems the ex-girlfriend here is a source of pain for more than just Jimin.

"Does he still love her?"

He drew in a deep breath before glancing at the entryway to ensure Jimins not around.

"Only he has the answer but I can assure, he definitetly used too. He was like a lovesick puppy, he'd die because of her."

'Because of her'? Not, 'for her'?. Slightly odd word choice.

The sound of shuffling footsteps from the hallways prompts me to put my questions aside for now.

"So what did you really want to ask me?" I ask him once more. I doubt he solely came here to play therapist.

His animated look returns and he blurts out the first thing on the top of his head.

"Does your dad really have blue flame for hair?"

Eh?

"No? Where did you get that idea from?"

"The villain from the disney movie Hercules is meant to be your father. He usually has blue flames for hair."

Wait, wait, wait... Hercules as in cousin Hercules? And my dad is a villain? How? All he does is review soul applications of the dead¹. Maybe some other things... but thats not the point. He helps keep the undead in check, it's necessary for the balance of the universe.

"He's not a villain."

"Oh, I mean of course. It's just thats how Hades is typically portrayed in most media."

WHAAAAAAAAAT?

"What are you two talking about?" Jimin chimes in as he plops down onto the sofa. He does a double take at my exasperated look of confusion before staring at Namjoon for an explanation.

The poor guy just sheepishly smiles while pretending to adjust his permed fringe.

"Namjoon has just informed me that some preposterous little monster gremlin has been spreading false information about my father and now that is his mainstream image."

"Oh.. so no blue hair?"

"Not you too!"

After having everything I'd ever known turned upside down the three of us had dinner. Jimin cooked up some type of pasta with corn in it. He was very adamant that both Namjoon and I don't step foot in his kitchen though.

It was overall a pleasant evening that followed until Namjoon said we should exchange phone numbers. When I revealed I didn't have one he became rather cryptic.

"Ah, staying away from the modern prison... I wish I could be a free man like you but life made me a sinner."

-Namjoon, c. 2020

After that, when Namjoon left, things took a slight turn.

Living with Jimin certainly had it's ups and downs but never before had this happened, two whole days of pure blatant awkwardness. The stifling unease is tangible at this point whenever both of us were in a room. In fact our longest conversation had been when I'd asked him about the weather and he then promptly switched on the weather channel.

Rather ironic given we can finally speak to each other without any language limitations.

If we trace things back to around a week ago...

First he was angry and stormed off, then returned trying to act cool, when I bled through my pants suddenly he was sweet, then Namjoons therapy session in which I finally got a glimpse at his true feelings but he's still holding back.

Maybe it's just coincidence, the leaving early and getting back late. He did mention he had some type of group promotional events to do.

With a sigh I shove the last remaining bite of my dinner into my mouth.

Please ask him gently

Okay, theres no time for wallowing in self-pity. Thats been going on for way too many chapters. Tonights really the night, when he gets back we're addressing this once and for all. I'll have to extend the olive branch.

8 p.m. now, he mentioned he'd be having dinner with a producer he'll be working with for his upcoming single.

He should be coming back soon, maybe?

-

Jimin POV:

1.25 a.m, read my watch as I run my fingers through my damp hair and hang up my rain pelted coat up.

That dinner lasted way longer than I thought it would, the rustle of plastic from the bag in my hand reminds me of yet another reason I was out late.

I think I'll have to put those in the fridge, then maybe go through the dance routines once more before showering and heading to bed. Theres my solo plus the new comeback, the music video shoot for that is starting next week so I-

My train of thought abruplty switches onto another rail, for a second it looked like a dead woman was laying on my kitchen island.

It's just (Y/n).

The entire house is blanketed in darkness except for the one amber light in the kitchen corner she left on.

She sat on one of the high stools, upperbody slumped onto the table with her face laying on her arms. Though with her hoodie pulled up and hair spilling over over the top half of her face I can't really tell if she's awake or asleep.

"(Y/n)?"

She doesn't stir in the slightest. I dump the plastic bag onto the table and walk over to her side.

"Wake up, sleeping here's bad for your back."

Her face lolls onto the side, hidden behind a mop of hair. Instinctively my hand reaches out to her, brushing the majority of tangled locks of hair off her face.

She has the patience of the world to deal with me but none to detangle? Hm, maybe thats just how her hair is, should I get her some type of detangling comb?

As soon as I realise what I'm doing my fingers pause mid-detangling her hair.

Eh, I'm already halfway done with this one tangle.. might as well finish it.

"Wake up, you have a bed. Please, use it."

Still no response.

With a sigh I get the last few strands freed and tuck them behind her ear, edges of my fingers having grazed the curve of her cheekbone. Her glow is almost entirely gone now, only softly shimmering where the light hits her skin.

I glance over to the plastic bag filled with 'ambrosia' drinks. Since that night in the dance practice room, I searched up on that godly glow of hers. Several sites say it's caused by drinking ambrosia and I finally found a mart that carries a drink with the same name. The more I think about it, it's probably just the brand name.... I doubt it'll work.

My attention diverts back onto her skin, pushing back another flyaway from across her cheek but this time my hand lingers a moment longer. When was the last time she looked this peaceful?

.
.
.
It's time I tell her right?

As if she could hear me, she reacts by shifting slightly. Her hand goes atop mine, holding it to her face and nuzzling into it before returning a still slumber.

An exhale slips past my lips before pressing them shut together. It takes nearly every shred of restraint in me to not squish her face. People aren't supposed to be cute while sleeping, it's usually more akin to blobfish. Well, I guess a goddess doesn't really qualify as 'people'.

My attention flickers back to her, right in time for her eyes to flit open. They're a little glazed over and she's still in a daze but she's definitely awake.

"Jimin?" She mumbles, her voice a little raspy from the unuse.

Yup, definitely awake.

And that puts perspective on how little space there is between us. Panic begins to bubble in the back of my mind as I move to retract my hand but her face follows along until she's sitting up, her hand still loosely holding the back of mine.

"Don't, it's warm," she whines, still only half-awake.

With a gulp my gaze drops onto the floor. Theres alot more pressing issues to talk about and my mind decides to nosedive right into the gutter instead.

I shake away those thoughts and try thinking with a clear head.

I've already taken two days plus essentially the entire time she's been here to think things over, still keeping her waiting at this point would be flat out overkill.

She'd be thrilled, it's her whole purpose of being here after all. I should tell her about back then. Heeji, the stalker... and when I tried to end everything.

A weight falls on my chest just thinking about it, constricting it. From every corner the dark figure haunting me seems to be creeping in. Growing larger and getting closer. My past self.

I should tell her. I've already made up my mind too.

She blinks away the bleariness, finally registering my face in front of her with clarity. The slight suprise which makes her let go of my hand eventually melts down into a sleepy smile.

I have to tell her... but I can't find the words too. I can't. And perhaps maybe a minor part doesn't want too either, would her eyes ever hold the same fondness if she did?

She glances to the clock, is she going to leave? Not yet, I just need a little time putting things to words.

My breath quickens, it feels like all eyes are on me. Watching, always watching and waiting for me to screw up. I can practically feel them on the back of my neck. I have to say something. Anything.

"Jimin?"

Her voice.

"Jimin, are you okay?"

Warmth cradles my face, her hands.

She's cupped my face in her palms, angling herself so that she's directly in front of me. She's all I can see.

My breathing slows as my hands go atop hers, holding them to ground myself.

"I'm fine," I breathlessly reply while lowering her hands into the space between us. She glances at them then up to the clock once again.

"It's late-"

"Wanna dance?" I cut her off a little too eagerly. I don't know even know if she was going to continue with what I thought she'd continue with.

She blinks blankly, wondering if she'd heard correct. "Huh?"

"You're still my partner for the chorus remember? We should practice..."

-

1: Btw please take any references to greek mythology here with a grain of salt. I'm no expert, I've just done a little reading and added in some stuff for comedic purposes.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

23K 1.4K 30
❝Sorry, I didn't recognise you with clothes on. Can you take them off so I can see you better?❞ ✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧ Starting a new job as a pol...
6K 386 46
{ᴛᴀᴇʜʏᴜɴɢ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ} "You know what? I'm more than angry. I'm furious. You throw away my feelings like they're nothing. Like I'm nothing. And then you...
556K 17.7K 55
"𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘰𝘣𝘷𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘪𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘪𝘵? 𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘱𝘩𝘺- 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘻𝘦." [ EDITED AND RE-PUBLISHED]] ____________________________...
75.1K 6.1K 27
"Twinkle twinkle little star How I wonder what you are Up above the world so high Like a diamond in the sky" My dull black and white life was filled...