MCYT Oneshots

By RowenaRaven665

Just a book where I dump all of my MCYT related ideas that are too short to be full on stories and probably t... More

The Bard - Scott & Oli
A Defendant - Flower Husbands
Go Your Pace - Scarian
Stardust - Hex
Playground - Scarian
The Bully - Scarian & Xisuma
Tumble - Ranchers
Bruises/Tumble Part 2 - Ranchers
Mario Kart - Ethubs & Doc
Regrets/Tumble Part 3 - Flower Husbands
Chopsticks - Ethubs
No One Deserves to Hurt/Tumble Part 4 - Ranchers & Flower Husbands
Late Night Walks - Ethubs
Hospital - Team ZIT

Confessions - Hex

578 14 6
By RowenaRaven665

Shipping warning: Hex (Hels x Ex)

No major tws, just a few minor bits of swearing.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xay was never going to live this down.

If it hadn't been for their one little slip, Grian wouldn't have found out about their secret.

And they wouldn't be about to lose a friend.

Why, why, why did I tell him? Grian, of all people?

Xay stood in the nether hub just outside of their portal, replaying the scene in their head.

Grian and Iskall stood with their heads together, whispering about something. They stood outside of The Barge, both with varying degrees of crooked grins on their faces. Xay walked out of the shop and overheard a bit of the conversation.

"Hels... Xay... ship them... they're so cute..."

"Um, hi guys," Xay said a little too loudly, announcing their presence.

Grian jumped and his eyes widened. "Oh! Uh, hi Xay."

Iskall smiled. "Hallo!" he said cheerfully.

"What are you guys talking about?" Xay asked, one eyebrow raised.

"Uh, um, nothing-" Grian stuttered as Iskall simply said, "We think Hels likes you."

"Oh, good," Xay said without thinking. Their eyes widened as they mentally caught up to what they'd done physically. Oh, shit, this wasn't going to end well.

It'd been no secret, really, that the Watcher had had a crush on the Nether Knight for a while. Or at least, Xay was pretty certain they'd been pretty obvious. But Hels didn't seem to know. Xay had wanted to keep it that way, but they were a little tired of having to hide their crush on the perfect, handsome HelsKnight.

"What?" Grian asked, voice cracking to a much higher note than originally intended.

"Was it not obvious that I like him?" Xay asked quietly, intentionally whispering almost inaudibly.

"Was it- huh- what did you say?" Grian asked again, even more confused. Iskall grinned in confusion.

"Bye!" Xay said, backpedaling and taking off with their elytra, zooming towards... well, they didn't really have a destination.

"Xay, wait!" Grian yelled, his voice fading into the distance.

A few minutes later, Xay got a message on their communicator.

<Grian> do you like Hels?

Xay sighed, swooped down to land near Grian's mansion, and quickly typed a response.

<EvilXisuma> was it not obvious?

<Grian> i really had no clue

Xay paced back and forth, debating whether to go to their base or to move to Alaska, change their name, and hide from everyone they'd ever known.

Their communicator pinged again.

<Grian> can i tell him?

Xay stood there staring at their communicator until the message faded away. Then they stared some more. Xay would rather tell Hels themself, but with their low self-confidence and social awkwardness they'd just make a mess of it.

If Grian doesn't do this now, it'll never get done, Xay told themself as they typed a response.

<EvilXisuma> yes

And now it was the next day, and Xay was still considering moving to Alaska.

They hadn't heard from Hels all day. Which they supposed was normal, it's not like they talked every day.

Just some days. Okay, more than just some. Try most. Fuck, maybe all of them.

Xay was officially past the point of panicking and was now solidly at an existential crisis.

Their communicator pinged. They waited a good minute or so before looking at it.

<HelsKnight> can we talk?

Xay wasn't sure if they were happy Hels was still speaking to them or downright terrified for the conversation that was about to ensue. They decided it was both and replied to the message.

<EvilXisuma> sure. where?

<HelsKnight> spawn?

<EvilXisuma> i'll meet you there

Xay took a deep breath. And then another five. Then they flew through the nether hub to the portal to spawn, took another three breaths, and walked through.

After the swirling purple faded from their view, they saw Hels. The Nether Knight paced back and forth, the slight breeze blowing the red plume of his helmet back and forth. A few locks of blonde hair had fallen out of the inside of his black helmet, and his armor gleamed in the sunlight.

Stop staring, Xay chided themselves, running a hand nervously through their white hair.

Hels looked up. "Hi."

Xay tried for a reassuring smile but was sure it looked more like a terrified grin. "Hi."

"You know you can, like, step further away from the portal. I'm not going to hurt you."

Xay laughed slightly, stepping a few steps away from the portal. You wouldn't hurt me physically, at least.

There was a long span of silence. Eventually Hels took a deep breath and spoke. "So. Yesterday happened."

Xay nodded. "Yes it did."

"Do you wish to elaborate on any of it?"

Xay licked their lips nervously. Why was their heart beating so fast? "Um, which part exactly?"

Hels spread his hands. "All of it. Any of it. Who, what, when, where, why, and probably how as well."

"Well, I, um, Grian and Iskall found out yesterday. As you know," Xay said with a nervous laugh.

Hels snorted. "Okay, well, really, I want to know why."

"Why they told you or why I like you?"

"Second one."

Every bit of ambient noise seemed to go dead silent as Xay formulated their response.

"Well, I mean... you're witty, and sarcastic, and smart, and a good fighter, and a good person, and you make me laugh..." Xay shrugged. "Why would I not?"

Hels frowned slightly. "I guess those are good points."

There was another span of silence. Thankfully, the ambient noises had kicked up again.

"Do you like anyone?" the words were out of Xay's mouth before they could stop them. "I-I'm sorry, it's none of my business, you don't have to answer if you don't want to-"

Hels held up his hand and stepped closer. His smoldering orange-red eyes met Xay's terrified ruby ones. "I'll let you figure that out."

He closed the gap between the two and kissed them. Xay couldn't explain in words how good it felt. Partially because they were now a puddle of happiness on the ground at spawn.

Hels pulled away after what felt like an eternity. A glorious, wonderful eternity, mind you, but an eternity nonetheless. "Does that answer your question?" Hels whispered with a small smirk.

Xay nodded, speechless, with a huge grin on their face. They leaned forward and stole another kiss.

"I love you, Xay," Hels said quietly after they pulled apart.

"Love you too, Hels."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We love Hex fluff :)

I wrote this way past my bedtime and it probably shows.

Word Count: 994 

Hope you enjoyed, see you in the next one!

~Ax

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 208 17
includes: - life series -- MAINLY haha [ third life, last life, etc ] - new life !!! [ maybe some after life as well :) ] - empires [ s1 and s2 ] - h...
39.8K 983 53
These will probably be short as heck but yeah. If you have any ideas/requests, please put them on the request chapter! Any ships will be okay but my...
51 4 7
This may never see the light of day but oh well.. This is a Hermitcraft, life series, Empires 1 & 2, Witchcraft, Rats mess all smashed into one stor...
47.2K 1.2K 32
NOT UPDATING ANYMORE!!! - read the title :) - cover art is mine - i ship their minecraft personas, not real people, and this will be taken down if th...