The Alpha's Mate

By NeonSkies95

Presley had it all, a loving family, great support, a great pack behind him. One thing he didn't have was his... More

The Alpha's Mate Main Character Bio's/Pack Hierarchy
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
OMEGAVERSE CULT DISCORD SEVERAL BIG AUTHORS
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
INKSGIVING
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Special Chapter
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue

Chapter 29

10.6K 524 30
By NeonSkies95

Charlie

I tore the sheets off of our bed. I felt betrayed, pissed off, and upset. I don't know why Mateo even felt like it would be okay to get into a mated omega's bed. Let alone the alpha's bed.

This time I didn't know what was going to happen. The last time Presley was so upset, I was too. This time– This time, I looked guilty... I was just so exhausted after this morning that I wasn't in any position to deny the help to bed.

I expected him to leave after he had gotten me into the bed and tucked me under the covers. I also didn't like that he had started to bad mouth Presley. Presley hadn't done anything wrong this time. We had an open line of communication at all times. Presley gave me all the attention that he could give me and then some. I wasn't starved for my mate like last time. I was perfectly happy.

I threw our sheets into the washer, pouring vinegar over them to hopefully kill Mateo's scent. I put laundry soap inside and started the machine.

I lit a candle and sat down on the couch. Waiting for Presley to come back home.

About an hour after Presley had left, the door to our apartment opened. His face was neutral, and he didn't say anything to me. He just went straight to the bathroom.

I took a deep breath and bit down on my bottom lip, trying to keep myself from crying. He had to know that I didn't know that Mateo would do that. If I had, I would have kicked him out as soon as possible.

All of the emotions I was feeling only exhausted me. I curled up on the couch and closed my eyes, suddenly exhausted from the confrontation, or lack thereof.

— — —

"C'mon, angel. It's time for bed." Presley shook me awake.

"I don't want you mad at me," I slurred, looking up at him with half-lidded eyes.

"We can talk in the morning when you're rested."

"The sheets are in the washer," I sat up, rubbing my eyes sleepily.

"Don't worry. I put them on the bed already." Presley reached his hand down and cupped my cheek in his hand. "I'm sorry it took me so long to cool down." My mate apologized.

"It's okay. I would be just as frustrated, and I was just as frustrated. Let me correct myself. When I could smell another's scent that wasn't meant to be inside our home." Presley closed his eyes, nodding in agreeance. "I promise you, Pea, I didn't ask him to stay. I was feeling a bit nauseous after my morning run this morning, and he helped me to bed. But I swear to the goddess above that I did not ask him to stay."

"I believe you," Presley softly smiled. "Do you think we need to see Miles? We can go together in the morning."

"Only if I feel the same tomorrow morning." I nodded in agreement.

"Good." He leaned down and kissed my cheek.

"Did you eat dinner?" I asked.

"Hadn't thought about dinner, to be quite frank with you. Are you hungry?"

"I honestly could eat a little something. The only meal I've had today was breakfast." I got up off the couch, stretching my arms and legs before going to the kitchen.

"Hey baby, why don't you let me make us something to eat?" Presley hugged his hands around my waist, placing his head on my shoulder.

"I have the inkling you don't know how to cook food at all because of you not having any food inside your apartment when I arrived." I placed my hands on his.

"Look, I know how to make a mean bowl of chicken ramen soup. I can also add a boiled egg to make it fancy." He chuckled. "I think we still have some of that rotisserie chicken left. I can add a little bit of that too." Presley's breath tickled my ear.

"Typically, I disagree with that for dinner, but it sounds pretty good right now." I hummed, leaning back into my mate's chest.

"Now let me make it for you, baby. Go sit down and watch your alpha do his thang." Presley chuckled, then kissed me on the lips.

"I guess I can let you make dinner this once." I turned around in his embrace, and he hugged me to his chest. I tucked my head under his chin, releasing my pheromones to scent him. It felt needed.

Presley kissed the top of my head lovingly. "Now go rest. I'll bring the food to you. Maybe we could watch a movie together?"

I looked up and smiled. "I like that sound of that." Leaning up, I closed my eyes and pressed my lips to Presley's.

My mate hummed, putting his hands on my shoulders, breaking the kiss. "I'll be in there in a little bit, okay?"

"Okay," Presley pecked my lips one more time before letting me go. I crawled back into our bed, making a nest with our pillows. I cuddled myself into them and turned on the tv.

About thirty or so minutes later, Presley came into our room holding a tray with two bowls and a couple of glasses of water. Sitting the tray down on the nightstand, he waited for me to sit up before he handed me one of the bowls with a fork. I looked down into the bowl, and the soup looked delicious.

"Hmm, it looks edible." I peeked up at him.

"Hey, I have you know I do know how to cook, somewhat." He joked. "My mom taught me how to bake, though. I can make some mean brownies. How about we make some together tomorrow? If you're feeling better, that is."

"I think even an upset stomach can hold some delicious brownies." I began to mix the soup together and got a fork full. I moaned at the taste of it. "This really tastes good, baby." I beamed at him.

Presley was situating himself on the bed, expertly holding onto his bowl. He snuggled up next to me, his shoulders touching mine, his body heat radiating off of him. We watched a cooking show where the host judged people on their cooking skills with certain ingredients.

We sat in a comfortable silence, eating and enjoying our time with one another.

When we were done eating, I tried to get out of bed to wash the dishes, but Presley beat me to it. Telling me he wanted me to rest and relax. I was not one to protest him taking care of me. It made me fall for him even more. It made what Mateo did of his own accord feel even dirtier.

When Presley got back in bed with me, he pulled me to his chest. "I'm sorry again," I nuzzled my face against his chest.

"You have nothing to be sorry about, but I will admit, I got a little jealous."

"Oh, you did?" I pulled back, smirking. "Why were you jealous?" I asked.

"My omega, my mate, in someone else's arms. It's like asking to get their teeth knocked out." My mate pouted.

"Well, rest assured, babe, I promise I'd never do anything to ruin our relationship," I reassured him.

"I have no doubt you will... Now Mateo, on the other hand..." I had a feeling that this conversation was going to go down a road I probably wouldn't like. But in reality, I wouldn't blame Presley if he released Mateo to another pack.

"I think maybe he was having an off day." I tried to think of something, anything, to have Presley at least keep him in the pack. Despite his bullshit today, he was still my friend.

"Charlie, he was in our bed... He lied too, angel. I think maybe he should part ways with our pack."

I bit down on my lip. "But Pea." I looked up at him with teary eyes. "He's my only friend in the pack."

"I know he is, but I don't think he understands the boundaries he shouldn't be crossing." Presley grabbed my chin gently, rubbing his thumb across my chin. "Maybe I can see if a nearby pack is in need of a translator." He suggested.

"How about you take him on your hunt before the full moon? Maybe the two of you can talk and come to an understanding." I pleaded.

Presley sighed. "You can ask him if he wants to go on the hunt, but I don't think that that'll fix anything. If we can't come to an agreement, he will be sent to a new pack."

I beamed at my mate. "Thank you, Pea." I peck him on his lips. "That's all I can ask for. I'll tell him tomorrow."

"You're welcome, baby. Now, let's get some sleep. Hopefully, you're feeling a bit better tomorrow morning."

"If I am, we're skipping Miles, and you're going to show me how you make those delicious brownies you were talking about." I snuggled closer, if that were possible, to my mate.

"Sure thing." Presley chuckled, kissing my forehead. 

A/N: Aww how sweet, the last happiness for a hot second. I'm currently working on chapter 7 for the Alpha's Mate Special that is patreon exclusive. I can't wait for y'all to see all the sheeeit that's about to go down. Good luck besties. https://liinks.co/neonskies95

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3M 165K 41
Book #1 in the 'Mine' series Meet Ben, the omega of the Red Forrest pack. This pack doesn't treat their omegas badly because their omegas, everyone...
131K 5.4K 14
The boy is completely shut down. A broken shell is what they turned him into, his human side nearly gone, the alpha in him tortured into full submiss...
3.8M 167K 81
August Hael is an Omega in a world full of wolves, Omega's aren't treated as well as other Dominant and Submissive wolves are. In his pack, they're t...
8.9K 329 17
Noel knows nothing but abuse at the hands of his alpha. Having suffered for years, he expects it will be this way until he dies. The only thing keepi...