Greta Van Fleet Imagines

alltimeblackparade द्वारा

These are just all my imagines from my tumblr. I just moved them over here अधिक

You're The One (Jake Kiszka)
You're The One Part 2 (Jake Kiszka)
Autumn Leaves (Danny Wagner)
Distraction (Sam Kiszka)
White Lie (Sam Kiszka)
Cheers (Danny Wagner)
Anxiety (Danny Wagner)
Always There (Danny Wagner)
Hurt (Jake Kiszka)
Hurt Part 2 (Jake Kiszka)
Hurt Part 3 (Jake Kiszka)
Study Buddy (Josh Kiszka)
Memories (Danny Wagner)
Cop Car (Sam Kiszka)
Home For Christmas (Josh Kiszka)
Songbird (Danny Wagner)
One Day At a Time (Danny Wagner)
I Hate You, I Love You (Danny Wagner)
So Sweet, So Fine (Danny Wagner)
Quarantined (Josh Kiszka)
Secret Love (Sam Kiszka)
Dating a Chronically Ill S/O (Danny)
Dating a Chronically Ill S/O (Josh)
Dating a Chronically Ill S/O (Sam)
Dating a Chronically Ill S/O (Jake)
Tiny Dancer (Danny Wagner)
Champagne Problems (Josh Kiszka)
Girl At Home (Jake Kiszka)
Last Kiss (Danny Wagner)

18 Forever (Danny Wagner)

471 3 0
alltimeblackparade द्वारा

You always hated driving. The traffic, the bad drivers and not to mention sitting in one spot for hours on end sometimes. So, you were ecstatic to see the familiar sign that read "welcome to Frankenmuth."

This was the first time you were coming home since graduating from college nearly 2 years ago. And despite being away for so long the town barely changed at all. It still looked the same, like a small Christmas wonderland.

Coming home was always hard for you. This town held so many memories and they seemed to be plastered on every street corner. Slowly, you pulled up to a stoplight and glanced out your window. You quickly regretted it when you saw Greta Van Fleet posters and shirts hanging in the front of a record store. Sighing you directed your attention to the light in front of you, praying that it would turn green.

You haven't spoken to the boys since you left for college almost 6 years ago. Life just became too busy for everyone. They were constantly on the road, and you spent all your free time in labs on campus. It's natural for friends to drift apart, right? Unless two of those friends were in love with each other and one of them left to be a world-famous band member while the other one left to be a nurse.

You couldn't help but turn back to that window display and stare at Danny's face printed on the poster along with their latest tour dates. It wasn't until the car behind you blew their horn that you realized the light had changed. Slowly you made your way home, not even really paying attention to the road.

The house was quiet when you entered, and you sort of enjoyed it. With your parents at work, you had time to settle in before you were bombarded with questions. You made your way upstairs to your bedroom at the end of the hallway. The door was still plastered with posters and stickers of various bands.

Upon opening the door, the room looked the same. Posters littered the walls, and your old record player was still set up on a table in the corner, but you knew it was different. The air was different and so were you. You were no longer the carefree 17-year-old that was going to travel the world with her friends. Now you were a 23-year-old nurse with student debt who hadn't seen her friends in years. You weren't sure you'd even recognize them anymore.

After taking a moment you decided to unpack. Since you were staying here for the foreseeable future you were not going to be digging through a suitcase every day. You had just hung up your last shirt when you sat down on the floor in the middle of your closet. You glanced around at all of your clothes stopping at one particular dress, your prom dress.

Sighing you thought back to the spring day when you picked it out. Your parents couldn't afford an expensive prom dress like other girls in your class so you told them you would wear one you already had, and it was up to Danny to help you choose.

"Why do I have to be here for this?" Danny complained from your bed.

"Because you're my date. And whatever I wear you have to get a tie to match." You yelled from inside your closet. "Now what about this one?" You asked making your way into the room.

"No offense but you're not 13 anymore. Is this the dress you wore to our 8th grade dance?" Danny questioned.

"Yes." Walking over to the mirror on your wall you noticed what Danny meant. You had to have grown 5 inches since 8th grade and you would not be able to sit in this dress. "Okay next." You yelled making your way back to the closet.

"Did Sam ever find a date?" You asked as you unzipped your dress.

"Yeah. He's going with Hannah." Danny yelled back.

"Hannah? From biology?" You unbuttoned the new dress and pulled it on.

"Yes. He told her Lindsey needs a Stevie so will you go to prom with me? I still think she had no idea who he was talking about. But you know she likes him so of course she said yes."

"That's kind of cute actually." You made your way out of the closet and turned your back to Danny. "Do you mind buttoning me up?"

Danny jumped off the bed and made his way over to you. When he was done you turned around to face him. "What do you think?"

"That's the one." Danny smiled.

"You think so?" You asked, making your way back over to the mirror.

"Yes. It fits you perfectly. I love the color and the sparkles. And I actually think I have a navy tie from my cousin's wedding last year."

"Then it's settled. This is the one. Now just don't embarrass me with your dancing." You laughed.

"Oh, you mean this?" Danny grabbed your arm and aggressively spun you around before pulling you back into him. Only you slid on the hardwood floor and knocked the two of you to the floor. Laughing hysterically, you rolled over on your back and stared at the neon green glow in the dark stars you and the boys stuck to your ceiling one summer. Your laughter quieted before speaking.

"Do you think you'll ever make it?" Danny's laughter abruptly stopped, and he turned his head to face you, but your gaze was fixated on those stars.

"I hope so. Our shows here are almost sold out and we've been playing some fairs in nearby counties. So that has to count for something."

"And what happens to us if you do? When you're traveling for more than half the year?" You weren't sure you wanted to know the answer to this question, but you had already asked it.

"You can come with us." Danny answered as he reached over and grabbed your hand.

"And what about school?" You already knew you wanted to go to nursing school and had begun looking for the best programs.

"You can stay here and go to school if you want. We'll have to come home eventually. Until then we can skype and facetime. It will be alright. Don't be scared of anything. We don't even know what's going to happen yet." Danny squeezed your hand for reassurance.

"Yeah. I guess you're right." You leaned over and gave Danny a quick kiss on the lips.

The sound of the front door shutting broke you out of your daydream. "Y/N, are you here?" Your mom yelled downstairs.

"I'm upstairs mom." You yelled back. You decided you have spent enough time sitting in your closet, so you got up and made your way downstairs.

"Hi mom." You spoke as you entered the kitchen.

"Oh, there's my little girl." Your mom exclaimed as she rushed over to wrap you in a hug. "I missed you. How are you? Are you excited to be back home? How was Chicago?"

"Woah. One question at a time please." You sat down at the counter as your mom poured a glass of water for both of you.

"Chiago was fun actually. I really liked the city. Until they decided to fire me." You sighed.

"Oh, honey I know. But don't take it personally. You were the newest one. They weren't going to let go of people that have been there 25 years. You'll find another job I promise."

You absentmindedly ran your finger around the rim of your glass as you spoke. "Have they come home yet?"

Without even saying their names your mom immediately knew who you were talking about. "Yes. They've been home a handful of times to visit family."

"Have you seen him?" You asked, referring specifically to Danny.

"No, I haven't. But I saw his mom, Lori, at the grocery store a few months back. She said everyone is doing well. Danny does have a girlfriend." Your mom hesitated on that last sentence. She wasn't sure if you wanted to know that information.

"So, the rumors are true." You had been keeping up with the boys online but there were so many different stories that you weren't sure which ones were real.

You were quiet for a moment, taking in the news your mother just laid on you. Suddenly you had a great need to get out of the house. "I'll be back." You spoke standing up and grabbing your keys off the counter.

"Where are you going?" Your mom asked, concerned.

"Out. I need to get out for a bit. I'll be home later I promise." You made your way out of the house and got in your car. You backed out of the driveway with no destination.

The sound of the music in the background was not enough to distract you from your racing thoughts. Who knew coming home again would unearth so many emotions.

You made your way down a side street and noticed the familiar park up ahead. Slowing down you turned into the dirt parking lot and shut off the car.

This was the same spot where you and Danny had your first real fight. You and Danny used to fight all the time. But Sam said it was more like an old married couple, not serious in any capacity. Except for that fall day your senior year of high school. That time was different.

You and Danny had been driving around all afternoon listening to music and trying to find something to do together. Suddenly Danny lowered the radio and gripped the steering wheel, you knew he was about to drop something heavy on you.

"We got signed." He stammered quickly.

"I'm sorry what?" He was talking so fast you weren't sure you even heard him.

"We got signed." He repeated himself. "Greta Van Fleet is a signed band now."

"Oh wow. Congratulations." You were almost too shocked to say anything else.

"They want us to do a tour next year. In the fall. But that means going to LA to film a music video, record an EP, and finalize our shows." Danny explained.

"Okay. I can go to school out there. I still haven't accepted any offers yet." You had applied to some safety schools out in California in case something like this happened.

"No." Danny huffed, not moving his eyes off the road.

"What?" You were confused by his outburst. "I don't care where I go to school."

"Maybe I don't want you to follow me." Danny yelled.

"Excuse me?" This was the exact opposite of what the two of you have been talking about for years.

Suddenly Danny jerked the wheel and pulled the car into the parking lot of a nearby park you were passing. He put the car in park and turned to face you.

"I don't need my girlfriend following me all over the country. Do you want to come on tour with us too?" Danny snapped.

"It's just what we've talked about. I thought you'd be happy that I want to come with you." You couldn't believe what your boyfriend was saying.

"No. It's what you talked about. The band is my thing. I don't need you breathing down my neck every day while we're out there. Are you worried I'll cheat on you?" Danny's hands were flying, and his face was turning bright red.

"I might be. But I really just want to be out there to support you." Your voice was beginning to crack, and you felt the tears line your eyes.

"Maybe I'll find someone less psychotic out there." Danny breathed.

That was the final straw. The tears you had been holding back overflowed and began running down your face. You had supported the boys from the start, going to every show no matter how few people were there.

"No. Come on now. Don't cry." Danny tried to reach over and grab your hand, but you yanked it away.

"Don't touch me." You barked.

"Look Y/N I'm sorry." Danny's voice was much softer than it had been previously. But you weren't sure you believed him.

All you wanted to do at that moment was leave. Even if it meant walking home in the cold fall air. You unbuckled your seat belt and were just about to open the door when Danny cut you off.

"Fuck this." Danny yelled. Suddenly the car was thrown into reverse, and you were speeding out of the parking lot.

"Where are we going?" You cried.

Danny didn't answer at first, so you asked again louder this time. "Danny please where are you taking me?"

Again, he didn't answer. And you weren't going to lie, you were a bit scared. After what felt like forever Danny pulled off the side of the road almost by the woods. You watched as he jumped out of the car and ran over to your side, swinging the door open.

"Where are we?" You hesitated.

"Just trust me. You'll see." He extended his hand out to you. Wearily you took it and followed him to who knows where.

The more you tramped through the woods the more you realized where he was taking you. After a few more minutes you stopped on the top of a cliff.

"Do you know where we are?" Danny looked over at you with pleading eyes.

"Yes." You smiled. "This is where you brought me on our first date. We walked up here together and then I fell going back down and twisted my ankle. You had to carry me all the way back to the car." You laughed at how ungraceful your fall was that day. "And then you asked me to be your girlfriend."

"You remember." Danny smiled proudly.

"Of course, I do."

Danny spun you around, so you were face to face with him. "I'm sorry for what I said back there. I don't want you to uproot your life just because I'll be in LA for a few months. Go to school where you want, not where I'll be. Besides I'll only be in LA for a few months then I'll be gone on tour anyway. No matter where we are, we'll be okay."

"Are you sure?" You weren't sure if he was just saying this to make you feel better.

"Yes. I know how much you want to go to Chicago. So, go. I'll come visit when the tour is over."

"Alright. I'll call the school tomorrow." You smiled up at your boyfriend.

You snapped out of your daydream and knew immediately where you had to go. Throwing the car in reverse you pulled out of the parking lot and made your way down the familiar route. Was this the best idea you've had? Definitely not. But you knew it was what you needed to do.

You turned on to the street you drove down a hundred times before. Usually, you were happy on this road. But this time you were scared, and you had no idea why. You didn't expect to see anyone. You weren't even sure if the boys were home at the moment.

As you got closer you noticed that the house looked the same. You stopped for a minute. The same trees were still out front even if they were covered in snow now. And Danny's car was parked in the same spot in the driveway. You wondered if he was home or if he had left his car here when he went to LA.

Suddenly the front door to the house opened and out came Danny. He had a girl following behind him and you assumed that was his new girlfriend your mom had told you about. You couldn't see her face. All you could make out was her winter hat and curly hair. But you knew she was probably pretty.

You watched as both of them made their way down the front sidewalk and over to the car. Danny rushed over and opened the door for her, something he always insisted on doing for you too.

After his girlfriend was seated you watched him shut the door and look up. The smile on his face dropped and you knew he saw you. A part of you wanted to get out of the car and walk over to him. But you couldn't do that. He had a new girlfriend; fuck he had a whole new life. And he looked happy.

Following your staring contest Danny made his way over to the driver's side and got in. The car engine revved and slowly he made his way out of the driveway and down the road opposite the way you were coming. It was at that moment you knew it was truly over. There was no reconnecting and maybe working things out. All you'd ever be is a part of each other's pasts. I guess you can't be 18 forever.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

560 1 16
Miscellaneous One Shots pulled from my tumblr. Much love 🫶🏻 DISCLAIMER: I do not know Greta Van Fleet or any of the members personally. This is all...
116 0 5
These are all imagines from tumblr i will list the account at the start of the imagine
548K 5.3K 120
Because I just can't get enough & because I'm insane. **Started July 2019, still going in 2024. Thank you all so much for reading <3**