Hurt (Jake Kiszka)

Warning: slight cursing and depictions of sexual assault 

- - - 

The lights dimmed, and you grabbed onto the barricade rail in preparation for your four best friends to run out on stage. The guys, particularly Jake, liked it better when you watched their show from the side stage. They claimed it gave them a sense of relief to know where you were and that the only people back there with you were crew members. But sometimes you enjoyed watching the show from the crowd. It was a different experience, and it made you smile to watch the show as a regular fan.

The guys came out with the same energy they always do. Jake took his spot on the right side of Josh, winking at you as he began strumming the opening chords to When The Curtain Falls. One thing you love is that each show is a separate experience. They all had the same setlist just in a different order. And the transitions between each song is seamless.

"What's up, San Diego?" Josh screamed into the microphone as the song ended.

The audience screamed back, almost bursting your eardrums.

"It looks like we have a lovely crowd tonight," Josh smirked as he walked across the stage. "Now, who's ready for some rock and roll?" He yelled as the band started in with their next song, Black Smoke Rising.

The show was remarkable, as always. You were swaying your hips to the music and singing along, not paying attention to anyone around you. Until suddenly, you felt your hat, which you stole from Jake, lifted off your head. You turned around to see a guy who looked to be around the same age as you. He was holding a beer in one hand, and he used the other one to place your hat on his head. He bent down, so he was face to face with you, and before he even spoke, you could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"Hey, pretty girl, what's your name?" He slurred.

"Wouldn't you like to know. Now can I have my hat back?" You huffed, annoyed that this drunk was taking your attention away from the boys.

"Oh, come on. Don't be rude now." He begged, wrapping one arm around your waist and resting the other one on your ass.

You felt your heart rate begin to increase as you looked around at the people standing next to you. They were all mesmerized by what was happening on stage. None of them even paying attention to the assault that was taking place.

"Please leave me alone." You hissed faltering a bit due to your nerves.

"And why should I? I've been watching you all night, and it looks like you're here all alone. No, boyfriend?" The man asked.

"Let go of me." You yelled, ignoring his question and trying to wiggle out of his grasp.

"Not gonna happen, sweetheart." He removed his hand from your ass and roughly grabbed your wrist, causing you to yelp in pain.

At this point, you knew he was stronger than you. You figured there was no point in trying to fight him because he could easily knock you out. A couple of seconds later, the hand he wrapped around your waist dropped the beer bottle it was holding and made it's way up to your chest. You mentally cursed yourself for only wearing a bralette under an open flannel. Tears began to fall as you felt him slip his hand under the lace material and grab your breast.

"I like your feather earrings." He moaned, referencing the earrings, which were a gift from Josh on your birthday. "Are you a shoeless hippie-like the singer? Because I think that's hot." He smirked as he leaned forward and kissed your cheek.

At the same time, you felt him pull you back against his chest. You were able to feel him line his hips up against your backside and grind himself against you. Thankfully the shattering of the glass beer bottle caught everyone's attention around you. You figured the boys would be too preoccupied to notice what was happening. But right in the middle of Black Flag Exposition, Jake stopped playing.

You looked up at him with tears in your eyes, hoping he was able to piece together what was happening in the dark venue. Jake took his guitar off and threw it on stage behind him before nodding over at Josh.

Josh ran over towards your side of the stage, microphone in hand. "Hey asshole with the black t-shirt in the second row, leave the poor girl alone. We don't need dicks like you at our shows."

You began to cry even more not only because the mystery guy tightened his grip on your wrist but because of the scene you were causing. You didn't take well to unwanted attention.

Before the guy had a chance to do anything else, Jake jumped off the stage and barreled over the barricade at him. Even though he was a head smaller than the guy Jake still managed to land a punch right in the middle of his face. As a result, the guy released his grip on you. You took your new-found freedom as a chance to getaway. You ran to the railing and attempted to jump over it, faltering a bit due to the high level of anxiety coursing through your body. Some fans standing next to you assisted in your escape, lifting you up and over the bar.

Once you were safely on the other side, Josh jumped down to meet you. He wrapped his arms around you, guiding you over to two security guards. You watched him whisper something to them, but you were too distraught to pay any attention to what he was saying. The guard standing closest to you took your hand and led you backstage while the other one took off running towards Jake.

You were led down the hallway and into the boy's dressing room. The security guard left for a moment only to return with a box of tissues and a glass of water. You took a shaky sip of your water while simultaneously listening to the cheering of the crowd as you assumed security hauled the creep out of the venue.

"The boys should be back momentarily." The guard spoke.

"N-No." you stuttered. "I-I don't want to ruin the show anymore. T-tell them to keep playing."

"Are you sure, miss?" The guard hesitated.

"Y-yes. I'm sure." You stammered as you shakily set your cup down on the table in front of you.

You watched as the guard left the room and made his way back out to the boys. Danny's drumming started up again, and you knew the show was back on. You positioned yourself on the couch, wrapping Jake's flannel around your chest. For once, you were thankful for how loud the music was on stage. It was a nice way to cover up the sobs that racked your body.

Even though the show was more than half over when all of this occurred, it felt like forever until the guys came barreling into the dressing room. Jake was the first one to race over drop down beside the couch.

"Oh my god, Y/N, I'm so sorry. I wish I noticed earlier. I feel terrible. You shouldn't have had to deal with that." Jake rambled on as he took your hands in his. You were able to tell how nervous he was about touching you by the gentleness in his grasp. It wasn't until you wrapped your hands around his that he fully relaxed. Not wanting to startle you anymore, the rest of the guys decided to wait in the hallway until you were ready for them.

As much as you wanted to talk, the only sound that came out of your mouth were pained sobs. Jake sat on the floor, rubbing circles on your hand until your sobs quieted. Not only did your cries diminish, but your eyelids grew heavy as well. It was quite clear how physically and mentally exhausted you were. Right there in a dressing room in California, with Jake by your side, you cried yourself to sleep.