Finding Freedom

By Astra-Luna

Vigilante benchtrio The rewrite of my vigilante duology Tommy ducked into a back alley as the flashing lights... More

City Files
Chapter 1: Astin
Astin: pt. 2
Chapter 2: Icarus
Icarus: pt 2
Chapter 3: Vespa
Vespa: pt 2
Ranboo: Pt 2
Chapter 5: Tubbo
Tubbo: Pt 2
Chapter 6: Tommy
Epilouge

Chapter 4: Ranboo

126 10 0
By Astra-Luna

TW: fire, fighting, hospitals, ambulance, anesthesia, injuries, blood,
Please let me know if I missed any

Tubbo was shouting orders at the people around the burning building as Ranboo and Tommy rushed inside.

The two looked at each other for a frantic second before splitting up, all sadness, and resentment, and regret forgotten as the three slipped into an easy pace, working quickly with each other, and Rouge and Slime.

Ranboo combed through room after room, quickly evacuating the people he found.

Good news, we've got reinforcements, bad news, they're heros.

"I mean, we can't complain too much." Ranboo muttered, kicking down a jammed door.

But they're heros, so we can complain a little. Tommy laughed through the comms.

What about heros? Atlas asked.

Oh, yeah, they are connected to our comms.

Thanks for the heads up T- Vespa.

Ranboo muttered under his breath as he searched another room.

The five of you have about 10 minutes before the building collapses. So unless you all want to meet Astin, I would get out in 7.

Ranboo started the mental timer. Seven minutes, seven minutes to get everyone to safety, seven minutes to check 5 more floors. He quickened his pace, tuning out the smell of smoke and the crackly heat of the fire.

Even in the intense heat, he could feel the cold thrumming through him, slowly creeping like the coldest ice, towards his core.

His head was spinning as he made another jump, it was small, only a few feet up to the next floor, he pushed back the nausea and ran full tilt down the hallway.

Last floor, you've got 2:30 minutes counting

Guys, it's Icarus, I'm stuck on the 5th floor, the door is blocked with flaming debris, and I have a kid with me, they're too big to fly with. I'm on the north side.

Alright, I want you to smash the window and tell the kid to jump in 3. . . 2. . . 1. . . Go!

Sorry.

There was a sharp scream that cut through the air, and for a moment everything was silent.

And then the roof creaked loudly, over the crackle of burning wood.

Everyone get out. Astin, Icarus, Jubilee, Atlas, GET OUT! Tubbo shouted into the comms.

Ranboo kicked a door down and saw a little boy crying, huddled in the corner. He crouched down, and the little boy scooted further back.

'It'll be okay' he signed with one hand. The boy shook his head.

Astin! I know you can hear me, get the fuck out.

The wood cracked, and the world stood still. Ranboo pulled the boy into him, and the roof collapsed.

Enderians could only teleport so much and so far before having their pearl shatter from the pressure of the interdimensional travel.

But Ranboo was one for pushing limits, stretching his ability out so much, that a fatal jump for most would only knock him out for a few days.

That doesn't mean he doesn't have a limit, he's mortal after all.

Jumping with a person is already dangerous, and his energy was already zapped from going so fast. The shout from the comms was quickly cut off as he made the jump.

At some point in his life, he had a whole lecture about Enderian teleportation. The idea that you were sucked into a vacuum was correct. But it didn't crush you instantly. No, it went on, and on, and it dragged. Sucking everything out of Ranboo.

But there was also the boy. Ranboo pushed himself too far, and he, and the boy were being warped out of existence. The interdimensional space time slowly ripping them apart. And he can't let that happen.

He can not let that happen.

He pushed hard against it, fought as he felt icy fire shoot up his veins and over his pearl.

Can't shatter it, push on, but don't shatter it. If he did, they would both die.

And then lights and air came back, and, thank fuck voices, and everything came back in a big whoosh. He let go of the boy, who promptly threw up, and lied on the ground for a moment. Everything filtered in warped, and his ears were ringing, but he was alive. He, and the boy he saved, were alive.

Sparrow walked up to him, and he stood up, eyes narrowed and teeth bared in a threatening, don't you fucking dare.

"Why'd you do it?" He asked.

'Pardon?'

"Why'd you go back, why'd you save him?"

Ranboo furrowed his brow.

"Like, he was the only one left, the minority, so why'd you risk your life?"

It was a genuine question, and Ranboo blanched.

'For them.' He gestured to the newly reunited family. All soot-faced and smiling.

'I did it for them, so they could see their boy, and raise him to become a man, so they didn't have to have a funeral for a boy who only began life.' He signed when Sparrow looked back.

"But what if the last person was an older person, who only had a few years left to live?"

'Then I would've done it for their kids, their grandkids, anyone whom they cherished and that cherished them.' He replied simply.

"Why? They'll die eventually. What if that boy dies in a car accident tomorrow?"

'Then let them have that one more night together, every week, every day, every second counts.'

Sparrow looked like he wanted to say something else, but Tubbo just about shoved him away.

"Astin! You are the stupidest son of a bitch to ever live!" He yelled before hugging him tight enough to break a rib.

He freed a hand and signed a quick 'sorry.' His head was still spinning and there were way too many stars in the sky, but he was alive.

Tommy staggered over to them, his wings singed, one of them at an awkward angle, and his hair and face were coated with soot. Grime, dirt, and blood coated his hair, matting it down so much there was no point in trying to fix it.

"Thank fuck you're alive." Tommy said, a big grin splitting his face and he hugged Ranboo too. The force of Tommy nearly made him fall over again.

Sirens were very close now, and Ranboo really just wanted to lie on the ground for a while, maybe longer. EMT's began escorting people into ambulances. They had to fight the three of them into the ambulance,

Tommy pouted over it, and Tubbo sat, stone cold, on one of the benches.

Whem they actually got to the hospital, Tommy was put under anesthesia, because he attacked any of the people who tried to set his wing.

Ranboo fought to stay conscious, but gave up when they got to the hospital, and he was told he'd be there for a while.

Flames lick your ankles, the air thick with ash as you run. Why do you run? It will catch up to you eventually. Burn coursing through your skin, it stings like alcohol on an open wound, look in the mirror red eye green eye mismatched with speckled hands.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

He woke up to Tubbo and Sparrow having a half shouting match. Swinging his legs over the side of the bed, he stood up and walked out, his tail swishing irritability behind him.

He padded down the hall until he found his brother's room. A bunch of doctors were standing around Tommy's bed, and parted a bit for Ranboo. The blond was sleeping peacefully. His hair and face washed clean.

'How long has he been out?'

"3 hours." A nurse piped up from somewhere.

"We had to pit him deeper because he would slash when his wing was touched." Someone, presumably the doctor, said.

Ranboo swept a few bangs out of his face. 'Just, don't touch his wing more than necessary.'

The doctor nodded, and Ranboo went back to his own room.

'You done with your bitch fight?'

"No! The doctor won't let us leave, and this bastard decided it was a splendid idea to take us to District 1, and now we are going to stay in the SBI house." Tubbo seethed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ranboo stared intently at the news, and did a double take as the reporters and investigators show a mark singed on the ground. A bird with four wings.

"Quite interesting huh?" Jubilee mused, "a bird with four wings, do you know what it is?" It was a genuine question.

Ranboo shot him a glare for his troubles, signing, 'If you don't know, consider yourself lucky.'

Jubilee laughed, but it turned bitter at the end. "Oh, I know what it stands for, I just want to know why they pick that as a symbol."

'Ravana is the name of a folklore demon king, with 10 heads, 20 arms, and the power of shape-shifting. They picked it to match the name.'

"And how do you know that?" He asked, a playful lilt to his voice.

'I have a life.' He signed with a mock offended glance.

"Whatcha up to Juvi? Botherin' my partner again?" Tommy laughed, before lying across Ranboo's lap. He wore Tubbo's brown contacts and his ears were still pinned to his head in avian fashion.

Ranboo flicked his ears back, and shoved Tommy to the floor, he had woken up three days ago, half a day after the fire. The doctors got an angry phone call from Jubilee.

The blond's wings were burned, and dozens of feathers have fallen out since, not much more than usual though.

Tommy grinned up at Ranboo, and Jubilee stifled a laugh. "How did you find out that was my nickname?"

"That's your nickname? I just shortened Jubilee." He looked at Jubilee with a serious face, before breaking down into giggles. "Calm down, I heard Atlas call you that."

Ranboo swears he heard Jubilee threaten to kill Atlas for that.

"Anyway, I gotta watch Vespa and Atlas spar. It'll be hilarious, you joining?"

He took off without an answer, and the other two glanced at each other for a moment before taking off after him.

The house had it's own sparring room, with padded walls and a rack of weapons.

The five each ended up sparring each other. Atlas won the initial fight between him and Tubbo. Piglins were naturally stronger, and Tubbo lacked experience. Tommy also ended up losing to Atlas, his excuse being less room for maneuvers.

Ranboo beat out Atlas, and so did Jubilee, both times catching him off guard.

In the end, having new sparring buddies wasn't the end of the world, especially if it meant their safety.

They were being hunted, and the only option was to run.

___________________________

Hello!

Dsmp is over 😥

But the stories are not!

I may end up making some og content, but I won't stray far from fanfictions.

I'm so excited for the Prequel, and I hope you like the cover I made.

We've got 2 1/2 chapters left (technically 5)

Have a great day/night my friends💙💙💙💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 9.9K 200
The Bench Trio, TommyInnit, Tubbo_, and Ranboo Beloved live in District 17, one of the poorer districts on the outskirts of L'Manburg, a major city i...
45.4K 1.5K 12
Tommy his dad Phil, and brothers Wilbur and Techno are the top 3 heroes. All he ever wanted to become was a hero, just like them. But, there's this o...
8.5K 229 41
❗️marked mature for violence❗️ Running along roof tops, avoiding the hero trilogy and beating the shit out of some bad guys? Tommy Theseus Innit was...
11.4K 689 30
Sequel to Nothing is forever. Tommy is an intern for heros who see him as a part of the family. Icarus is a vigilante who, along with his team mates...