Darkest Temptation (New York...

By NightTime_Storiexs

She the heiress to an empire and his darkest temptation. He's a ruthless attorney and her darkest addiction. ... More

Aesthetics
1| Diamonds
2| Family
3| Life
4| Gone
5| Distraction
6| Selfish
7| Heist
8| Secrets
9| Attorney
10| Jail
11| Favor
12| Eyes
13| Perfect
14| Party
15| Wife
16| Stolen
17| Sunshine
18| Investigation
19| Manipulator
20| Trail
21| Accomplice
22| Mine
23| Safe
24| Photograph
25| Signed
26| Storm
27| Mercy
28| Exception
29| Worth
30| Forget
31| Stay
32| Rescue
34| Touch
35| Moments
36| Control
37| Burn
38| Warning
39| Lost
40| Murderer
41| Princess
42| Ending
43| Drowning
44| Crave
45| Power
46| Unravel
47| Sunday
48| Sinking
49| Lies
50| Shattered
51| Gone
52| Distance
53| Found
54| Flowers
55| Memories
56| Closer
57| Reality
58| Lose
59| Epilogue
New Series!!!

33| Untouchable

13.9K 739 334
By NightTime_Storiexs

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Untouchable

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 33: Untouchable (Stella's POV)

I didn't remember when or where I fell asleep but I was almost certain it was on the couch and not in this bed. Yet somehow, it happened every time and I'd wake up in bed. 

Releasing a sigh, I stretched in bed and went to rub my eyes, wincing in pain as my fingertips pressed against my left cheekbone, drawing that pain to the surface all over again. "Motherfucker," I mumbled. 

Isn't it lovely to start my day with 'motherfucker'? 

Groaning, I stood up and headed to the bathroom, squinting under the lights for a few seconds before I finally got a glance at my reflection. The bruise on my cheekbone had reached a lovely shade of crimson with a hint of purple and the busted lip had dried blood stuck to it. 

"Beautiful," I said to myself sarcastically before I freshened up, brushing my teeth and washing my face gently. 

Last night, Rhys handed me his clothes for bed and then disappeared somewhere to answer a phone call... 

I think I was asleep on the couch before he got back. 

With sleeves flowing way past my hands and flapping everywhere and sweatpants that got tangled up under my feet no matter how many times I rolled the waistband, I wandered downstairs and into the kitchen where I found Rhys peacefully chopping up veggies with his back to me. "What are you making?" I asked, popping up beside him. 

He merely glanced at me as if he knew I was lingering around him. "Lunch." 

I blinked in confusion and searched for a clock nearby but couldn't spot one. 

"It's noon," he added, "you slept in, Sleeping Beauty." 

"Cut me some slack," I huffed, "my head was pounding even in my sleep." 

Pausing, he diverted his attention to me and tucked his knuckles under my chin, tilting the bruising side of my cheek until it faced him. "Let me see," he mumbled, "luckily, it's not a nasty bruise." He withdrew his hand. "It'll simmer down in a few days." 

I watched him for a few seconds as he continued cooking. "Did you put me to bed?" I questioned. 

"Who else would put you to bed when you fall asleep on my couch?" His eyes shifted, glancing over my attire. The ghost of a smile tugged at his lips. "You can lose the pants before you trip over them, you know." 

"Why?" I questioned, staring at him, my eyes raking across his face. "Do you want to see me in my underwear?" 

His eyes cut to mine. "That's a very dangerous question, Ms. Almonte." 

"Is it? Well, I work with a strict give-and-take rule in life. You get some..." I paused to glance down at his clothes, "you lose some." 

He held my gaze, an amused smirk playing on his lips. "Are you flirting with me, Doragaya?" 

"No, just returning the favor," I replied casually, pulling myself onto the counter, safely away from the stove. I hesitated, tucking my hands under my thighs and rocking my legs back and forth as I pondered over my question. "Did my father call?" 

"About a dozen times." 

"Did you answer?" 

"Not once." 

"I wouldn't put it past him to show up." 

"We have security." He glanced at me. "And I have my own." 

"Like what? That gun I see you carrying in a holster once in a while or the dagger you slipped into your vest that one time?" 

He chuckled softly, keeping his eyes on the knife in his hands. "You're quite observant, aren't you?" 

"Only for you, I'm afraid," I mocked, using his words. 

"I have a few," he revealed, "you need one too." 

"I'm against gun violence." 

He shot me a blank look. "Save the morality for when your life isn't in danger. I'll even help you advocate." 

"Hmm, tempting," I teased. 

"I have a spare pistol." 

"How many do you need?" I asked, genuinely curious. 

"That depends on where I go and who I meet. For you, there are only two people you need to worry about." 

"And they are...?" 

"Nico," he sighed, "and your father." 

I went still for a few minutes. "You want me to learn how to use a gun on Nico and... my father? Just in case?" 

"Just in case," he nodded. 

"Who's going to teach me?" 

"I am," he announced, "today. Eat up and then we'll practice." 

"Practice? Where, exactly?" 

"The Veil." 

I frowned, "Isn't that a gentlemen's club? I thought they had a strict no women policy unless there's an event." 

"They do," he replied. 

"Then how exactly will you take me inside?" 

"They won't stop me," he shrugged. 

"Why not?" 

He lifted his eyes to mine. "Because I own the club." 

I blinked once, twice. "What?" 

He picked up a slice of cucumber he'd cut and slipped it into my mouth. "We'll stop by your apartment so you can change. For now, just wait for lunch to be served." 

"You own one of New York's biggest clubs?" 

"Two." 

"You own Nine Lives?" I asked incredulously, staring at him in disbelief. 

"Is it that surprising?" he asked obliviously. 

"Of course, it's no big deal for you." 

He snickered lightly, "Says the billionaire herself." 

"Well, self-made billionaires simply do it better," I shrugged. 

"Need I remind you, you're self-made?" 

"I'm half a nepotism baby, remember?" 

"You're not half of anything, Stella. You've earned it, you should embrace it." 

I watched him silently, observing every little detail about him. "You said I should worry about two people," I added, "why don't you think I should be worried about Matteo too?" 

"I don't think he was in on whatever deal your father struck up with Nico. And if he was, then it was unwillingly. He doesn't seem to want the worst for you. He actually seems worried." He continued, changing the subject. "How many times have you used a gun?" 

I almost cackled. "What the hell makes you think I know how to use a gun, Mr. Romanov?" 

He paused and then looked at me, seeming almost surprised yet somehow also confused. "You're exceptionally good with knives." 

"I taught myself all those tricks when I was a kid. Just in case my father ever tried something," I admitted, mumbling the latter half quietly. 

"You used it well when you dragged me to dinner at Logan and Zarah's after an entire day of threatening me into babysitting for you." 

"That was actually Ava's request. She likes you, weirdly enough." 

He was about to answer but stopped himself only to decide moments later to tell me anyway, "Well... I suppose she's... tolerable." 

I couldn't help but grin like a fool. "You can admit she's your favorite. She's my favorite too." 

"She's your niece, you're biased." 

"So? She's mine but so are you. Legally bound too." 

Rhys glanced at me while turning the stove on and held my gaze. 

"It wouldn't look good if my boyfriend liked my friend's nephew better." 

"And what about Rowan's nephew?" he asked, lifting a brow at me. 

I paused. "Leo is really cute," I mumbled. 

"He's a little lovestruck for Ava, don't you think?" 

I chuckled, "I think it's adorable. I can't imagine what it must feel like to be in love with somebody when you're just a kid. You don't even know what love is and as a kid, you're at such a naive age but... that kind of love is probably more unconditional than any other. 

"It's pure and whatever you know love to be, you feel it all for someone. It shows in all the little things and they don't even realize it. Childhood lovers are destined, don't you think?" I asked him for an answer. "Or do you not believe in destiny?" 

He'd stopped everything just to watch and listen to me. "I believe in destiny, Ms. Almonte," he said gently. 

"Then what do you think would happen to them if they were torn apart?" 

It felt as though my question caught him off guard. Something distinct yet unrecognizable swirled in his eyes and it... tugged at me. He held my gaze, swallowing and thinking for a beat before answering me. "I'd like to think they would meet again. And this time, make it last. What do you think, Stella?" 

"I agree," I responded softly. I agreed, so much so that sometimes it felt like I'd known Rhys forever. 

When I was younger, there was this... boy. I couldn't remember him very well now and only had pictures to keep whatever memories I had alive but sometimes it felt like that could be Rhys. He was older than me, just like the boy. And looking at the pictures often left me feeling as though I was simply looking at a younger version of Rhys. It wasn't so much a physical resemblance, just... a feeling. 

"Have you ever loved someone, Mr. Romanov?" I dared to ask the question I wasn't quite sure I wanted an answer to. 

"Only once," he replied, "and after losing her, I couldn't find it in me to take that risk with anybody else. Nobody seemed to be worth it." 

He's loved someone before... Even though he barely believes in love, he's admitting that once, he did. Could he take that risk again? If I ask him to, would he do it for me? 

"Have you? Ever been in love, that is." He stared at me expectantly. 

I didn't need to know who that young boy was to feel like I probably loved him. But all I could remember was hearing the same story from my father. He was a son of a friend and the entire family had packed up and moved. There was nothing else to it. If it was Rhys, I hoped that he would tell me. 

That is if he even remembers me. 

It wasn't fair of me to expect anything. After all, I didn't remember him. 

It's probably not even him. 

"I think I have," I answered, "I don't remember it very well but I would call it love." 

"Stella." 

"Hmm?" 

Whatever it was that he was about to say died down on his tongue and I hated it. I hated knowing that Rhys didn't feel like he could tell me everything. Unknowingly, I often found Rhys to be that person for me. I just wanted one chance to become that person for him. 

"You underestimate yourself," he decided to say instead. "You think you're fragile even though you know you're not. You think people can hurt you but you should know you're stronger than that. You'd never let that happen to yourself but more importantly, I would never let that happen to you. You're not half of anything. In fact, you're made of more than some people could ever be. Whether it be in this world, your world, or mine, you, Stella, are untouchable." 

I held his gaze as he moved closer and stood between my legs, bracing his hands on the countertop. 

"I hand you a weapon and you're even more untouchable, hmm? There's nothing you can't take." 

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked, staring down at him. 

"Because you deserve to hear it. You're powerful. And you're lethal."

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 34

It's only been 4 days since I updated but it literally felt like it had been weeks

My exams are still going on but I'm finding time in between to update so just hold on for a while pls <33

next ch: touch

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 151K 48
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
331K 10.2K 128
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ Book Contains mature language, Drugs & sexual activities Chase Hamilton & Amelia's Bennett Two different lives coming into one. Ameli...
30K 315 13
Kim Mingyu is your sweet, fluffy and innocent husband. And you decide to make things wild. --------------------------- You had only one goal for ton...
1.4M 123K 44
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...