The Commander's Daughter (Sab...

By kamalinsofiya25

Nadia Brodén, who is born to her father with Viking ancestry, Commander Joakim Brodén aka The Steel Commander... More

Author's note & Characters list
Prologue
CHAPTER 1: WALL ROSE
CHAPTER 3: ENLISTING THE ARMY
CHAPTER 4: THE LEVI SQUAD
CHAPTER 5: THE STRANGE FEELING
CHAPTER 6: ALLIES OR THREATS?
CHAPTER 7: RESTRUCTURE THE SQUAD
CHAPTER 8: THE 104TH CADET CORPS
CHAPTER 9: PROTECTING EREN
CHAPTER 10: THE FATAL MISSION
CHAPTER 11: CHAOS IN THE WALL
CHAPTER 12: FRIENDSHIP WITH LANA
CHAPTER 13: WHAT LIES BENEATH
CHAPTER 14: COMRADE'S BETRAYAL
CHAPTER 15: NO REGRETS
CHAPTER 16: THE FATE CHANGER
CHAPTER 17: THE NEW ERA OF PARADIS
CHAPTER 18: RECLAIMING WALL MARIA
CHAPTER 19: SACRIFICE
CHAPTER 20: ENEMIES BEYOND THE SEA
EXTRA: UNCOVER THE SECRET
CHAPTER 21: MARLEY ENCOUNTER
CHAPTER 22: AWAY FROM PARADIS
CHAPTER 23: THE WAR RAGES ON
CHAPTER 24: FATHER & DAUGHTER DUTIES
CHAPTER 25: SINNER OR SAINT?
CHAPTER 26: FRIENDLY FIRE
CHAPTER 27: MARCHING TO APOCALYPSE
CHAPTER 28: FOES TO FRIENDS
CHAPTER 29: TAINTED PROMISE
CHAPTER 30: GOODBYE, PAPA...
CHAPTER 31: REVENGE FOR THE LOVED ONES
CHAPTER 32: BELLUM TITANUM
CHAPTER 33: HUMANITY SAVIORS
CHAPTER 34: THE PEACE UNFURLED
CHAPTER 35: THE UNFORGIVABLE TRAUMA
CHAPTER 36: NEW LIFE BEYOND THE WALLS
CHAPTER 37: THROUGH THE GENERATIONS
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S AFTERWORDS

CHAPTER 2: THAT BLOODY TRAGEDY

64 0 0
By kamalinsofiya25

NADIA'S POV

It's 840 and I was 12 on that year

5 years after Mama's death and I have to do daily chores to replace Mama.

At first I have to wake up my siblings who are still sleeping. My younger brother, Audie turned 10 on that year and Petra (my younger sister) turned 8. As the eldest sister, I have to held my responsibility to take care after my siblings.

Then, I would go downstairs to prepare breakfast for them. I actually woke up early because Papa had to get to work early alongside Uncle Erwin.

I made open sandwich and hot chocolate for them which Mama usually made that same meal for me before her passing. The siblings also went downstairs as they noticed that I made breakfast for them.

"Where's Papa, sis?" Audie asked me

"Oh, Papa had to go for work early. He said that it's urgent so he had to rush early to work," I explained to him shortly. He nodded as he understands my statement.

"Petra, don't be so picky! Just finish that sandwich," I scolded her just because she rejected the veggies on the sandwich I made. I think I'm just like my mom, giving advice to my younger sister but my sister didn't change even she still treated me the same.

"Yeah, I got it! But you're still not the same unlike how Mama did advice to us, Nadia!" I sighed, I tried to carry this responsibility to replace Mama but Petra still being rude to me as her older sister.

"Petra, please don't bring Mama to this topic! Mama is long gone and it's not my fault to let Mama being like this!" I scolded her again but this time but it's getting serious.

Audie stared Petra seriously, his finger impaled on her waist. I know that Audie would always trust on me and he understands that I was innocent for involving Mama's death.

"Please Petra, don't make sis losing her patience on you, understand?" Audie gives his advice to her. She knew that she couldn't handle her ego but she gave up despite her uncontrollable words.

"I'm sorry, sis. I know I shouldn't say that although Mama is gone," she then apologize to me. I then smiled as she apologize.

"Alright, apology accepted," I tried to cheer her up and pat her head. We would have breakfast together and we would follow Aunt Floor to Wall Maria.

On there, she would led us where Papa would take position on Wall Maria. We went there by steam cruise. I can't believe that the distance between Wall Rose and Wall Maria were really far away.

Finally, we would arrived at Wall Maria. At Wall Maria, people were really crowded than in Wall Rose. The surrounding in Wall Maria was same as in Wall Rose but it had to be secure as Wall Maria might be the last wall surrounding Paradis Island.

We would continue our journey to find Papa. He must be with his colleagues right now.

COMMANDER JOAKIM'S POV

This can't be. Our comrades are in high stakes. Some of them didn't make it home due to Titan attack. As I got informed by Keith Shadis, our defence in Wall Maria is getting worsen day by day. I was waiting in front of the wall, waiting for Erwin and his squad.

I also got informed that Floor also bring my children along here. I actually don't want left them behind so I can always take care of them.

As I can see Erwin and his squad, his arrival doesn't seem satisfied as he didn't smile. The result? Our battle against the Titan was a defeat this time.

"Erwin, how's it going now?" I asked my close friend. He sighed. "This time was not as we expected. This Titan attack is twice more deadly. Some of our comrades were mauled alive by Titans and so on," Erwin rubbed his forehead with his depressed face.

I pat his back. "Don't worry, buddy. I know how to figure out to solve this battle. I promise," I motivated Erwin so we could fight against those Titan scums one day. He could only smiled to me.

Me and Erwin had to the medical tent to check out our injured comrades. The conditions are so brutal: some of them lost their body parts which they got amputated due to damaged body parts.

Some of them who were injured were luckily alive and gave an advice to them. I know they can't give up like this. They almost losing their hope in this battle.

Suddenly, I got encountered by a doctor which long brunette hair with glasses on. "Excuse me, Section Commander Joakim? Can I speak with you for a while?" he asked my permission.

"Dr. Grisha Jäger? What is it?" I was clueless. Me and Dr. Grisha had to talk outside the medical tent for a while.

NADIA'S POV

The city in Wall Maria was quite big. Only I know place in Wall Maria is Shiganshina District. Aunt Floor knew about that place. She led us there.

Suddenly, I saw Papa was talking to someone. I ran to him and call him as usual, "PAPA!" he saw me and raising me high in the air , "My little Viking girl!"

"I miss you, Papa! How's the work going?" I asked him in his hug. "Oh, the work does going well. I'm sorry that I might being busy for a while," he would kiss me on my cheeks and forehead. I would smile.

"Papa, who's the guy with Papa?" I ask him and know the guy with Papa. "Oh, I forget! Nadia, this is my colleague, Dr. Grisha Jäger. He usually works in medical tent to take care of my injured comrades. Say hi to Dr. Grisha!" he introduced me to Dr. Grisha.

I waved my hands to him, "Nice to meet you, Nadia! You must be so young than I expected. Your father always talked about you to me. And, it seems that you have father's gene in you," said Uncle Grisha.

"Floor, thanks for bring my kids here. I couldn't bear myself to leave them behind," said my Papa. "No problem, it's also my job to take care of your kids," said Aunt Floor.

"I'm sorry, Nadia that Papa might be busy for this time. I want you to do me a favor to follow Uncle Grisha to stay with his home for a while?" say Papa. "Hmm," I only nodded and agree with his permission.

"Ok, let's go. Follow me and let your father do your work, ok?" Uncle Grisha would handle this simple duty from my dad. We would only follow him to his home. At least he was a nice person I ever seen.

Not long after that, we would arrived to his house in the neighborhood area in Shiganshina District. He then greeted his family as he arrived home with us.

"Honey, kids. I'm home!" His return to his home celebrated by his children, two of them. One of them is boy and another one is girl. That one girl seems like a shy person.

"Dad!" That boy was so excited to see his father's return. He would hug his dad.

His wife was there, doing her work in the kitchen. She would even smiled at me and my siblings and she would even treated us nicely.

"Eren, Mikasa, these are my colleague's children. Three of them are siblings. This is the eldest one, Nadia and she's two years older than you. Her siblings, Audie, ten years old so same age as you two and the youngest one, Petra. She's eight years old," Uncle Grisha would introduce us to his kids.

"Nadia, Audie and Petra, these are my kids. This is my son, Eren and this is my adopted daughter, Mikasa. Actually her parents died after being murdered." he then introduce his kids to us. But one thing I noticed that Mikasa's backstory reminded me of what happened to Mama.

"Nice to meet you, Eren and Mikasa," I waved my hand to them. "Nice to meet you too," Eren would even answered but Mikasa still too shy to greet with us.

"It's nice to see three of you, kids. You can stay here for a while while your father still at work," his wife, Carla is on her good mood and would even asked us to stay here while Uncle Grisha was too busy.

As Aunt Carla prepare tea and cookies for us, I saw Uncle Grisha is giving a surprise to Eren which is a key. Maybe I assume it as a basement? He never explained a lot about that.

Everyone goes well for us. Papa having his busy days at Wall Maria. But sometimes suspicious really caught my attention on one random day.

As I finished my lunch made by Aunt Carla, I saw Eren followed Uncle Grisha to somewhere. I asked Audie and Petra to stay with Mikasa.

Eren saw me following both of them. "Nadia, what are you doing here? Why are you following both of us?" Eren whispered to me to avoid Uncle Grisha's  attention. "Um, nothing. Just being bored while stay at home for a while. Maybe this might be cure my boredom," Eren got no words and allows me to follow them. His face reaction looks really grumpy in my point of view.

Uncle Grisha would asks to stay outside the church for a while as he was busy with an appointment with his patients. He also didn't tell the reason.

Damn, it took a long time for his appointment as we waited a little bit longer. After a long time, Uncle Grisha would came out from the church. I feel suspicious on him.

He then would took both me and Eren to the woods. He feels so weird. What was actually wrong with him? He looks so anxious and terrified. I couldn't remember what was he said to both of us. Maybe he blamed himself for his sin.

Without waiting for long, he would injected us with something substance injection in us. Kinda like drug but it's not a drug.

That injection makes me feel so strange. I feel the nerves in me responded so quickly, makes me gone wild. My memory went blurred due to the injection effect and I really can't remember about it quickly. I mentally being unconscious due to that.

As I woken up from my unconscious, I feel and saw really strange situation. Where's Uncle Grisha? Where did he go?

Oh no, don't tell me Uncle Grisha had gone or I should say as .... being eaten alive? I saw Eren is in grief, holding Uncle Grisha's glasses. I was clueless but I'm still not ok as I fainted once again.

Twice I've been unconscious and I opened my eyes slowly, the first person I saw is Papa. Papa held me in his arms. "Papa...." I would call him with my weak voice. "You're alright, darling?" he asks me if I'm doing good. I would nodded. "I can't.... remember... clearly what was happening...." my words still being stuck. "It's ok, darling. You're safe now," he hugged me tightly. As I turned my head, Aunt Floor and Aunt Sharon were also beside me.

"Hold on, where's Eren?" I asked him about Eren. "Oh, Eren? He's with Uncle Keith now. He's going to be ok," Papa also knew about Eren's recent condition.

Only remaining in me is what was Uncle Grisha trying to do to us? Too many questions keep appearing in my mind. I wonder why.

Few days later, I slowly recovered from my trauma and I met Eren and Mikasa again but this time with their friend, Armin. For this time Audie and Petra had to stay with Aunt Carla. Four of us were having normal chat, talking about freedom beyond the walls.

But, this moment really changed all of us in a glimpse. We felt something not right. We saw a gigantic figure approached behind the Wall Maria.

"Is that a Titan?" I saw this huge Titan which Papa had told me once about that creature. It is true as Papa did tell me the truth about it

That Titan then crushed the wall, causing the damage on Wall Maria. But what was the most terrifying for me on that time is that not only Colossal Titan appeared in front of us, but the worst one. An army of Titans would even swarming in front of the Wall Maria.

An army of Titans attacked the people of Wall Maria. The Shiganshina District was the worst one being affected by the attack. I could even see brutal deaths due to Titan attack. They would even get mauled alive or even being killed by Titan stampede.

The houses and the building were getting destroyed. The soldiers were fighting against the Titans. Some of them accepted the same date as the civilians.

I would ran with Eren and Mikasa to find my siblings. I was terrified and worried about my siblings in the meantime.

"Petra!! Audie!!!" I called their names and the house has been destroyed. "Sis!!! Nadia!!" Luckily they're alive but being stick under the rubble of destroyed house as I heard their voices. Aunt Carla was also stucked under the rubble.

"NADIA!!!" Papa and Aunt Floor with his colleagues suddenly came to us right on time. I hugged him. He instantly help to get my siblings out from the rubble. After so much effort they finally made out. "Bring my kids out of here!" he commanded his colleagues and they obey his orders and brought them to safer place. About Aunt Carla? They would also do the same.

Uncle Hannes from Garrison regiment would approach to us in the meantime. He would also wanted to help Aunt Carla escape. Me and Eren together help her but the time is running out as that hideous Smiling Titan approached in front of us.

"There's no time, Nadia! We have to go!!!" Papa screamed at me but I ignored. Only I want to do is to save Aunt Carla. "Eren, Nadia, it's ok. Even I can't move my legs but I'm going to be fine," she said to both of us while tears rolling from her cheeks.

I know I can't let her go but I had to, follow her words to run away to save our lives from being eaten alive by Titans. Uncle Hannes carried both Eren and Mikasa while Papa carried me with his ODM gear on him.

I couldn't bear the sadness on leaving Aunt Carla alone. The Smiling Titan would then grabbed Aunt Carla. Aunt Carla would only resist that but she was not strong enough for this. As the Smiling Titan ate Aunt Carla alive, tears rolling out from my cheeks, shrieking in terrified due to her death. "AUNT CARLA!!!"  the second incident which I traumatized a lot still staple in my mind.

I also feel bad with Eren. Aunt Carla was his mom. I don't know how should I say but... which child who doesn't really care about their parents death? Neither do they, right?

At first, I lost my Mama, and now Eren's turn. I do feel his sympathized on him.

Papa would calm me down as I was being traumatized and soaked in tears. Audie and Petra would also hugged me in the middle of chaos.

Eren, Mikasa and Armin were now at the boat. Hope they're safe for now and I would see them in other times.

The Wall Maria tragedy would even being unforgettable bloody tragedy, scarred in our minds. One day, we would avenge Wall Maria back to our hands!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 309 7
Clumsy girl, [Name] [Surname] is a new member of the Survey Corps. One day, she breaks her legs on a tragic expedition and can't fight for a whole ha...
30.7K 662 25
Tempest(You) rescued Hanji and Levi from the depths of their despairs. She raised them up to become the soldiers they are, and they gave their whole...
144K 4K 17
You have a rough past, your father leaving you for the Scouting Legion and dying, being a assassin, living in the underground, getting caught by the...
184 9 12
Soooooo........You just joined the Survey corps, they needed you because of your amazing skills. But there has never been any other thought in your m...