A Protective Light In The Dar...

Par betheyes

A darkness comes to Emerald Hills intending on getting revenge on the ones who defeated them! A small hoglet... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 - The End
Chapte 29 - Bonus Chapter

Chapter 13

18 1 0
Par betheyes

Back to the present… 

Sonic couldn’t help but glare at Mephiles as they worked side by side taking down the enemy, the two wondered just what the hell was Shadow’s plan? Dash and Silver suddenly appeared confused in a green light.

“Dad! Where’s mother?” Dash asked, speeding around taking out any robots trying to sneak up on the twin foxes. 

“It’s complicated” Sonic responded, using his spin-dash to take out the enemy. Infinite glared at the purple chameleon who disappeared again, the jackal looked around for a clue and then smiled when he spotted a trace of blood. Using his powers he was able to track the injured chameleon, Espio gasped when a hand wrapped around his throat and lifted him off his feet. 

“Caught you” Infinite teased as Espio fought back for control, the ninja grabbed a nearby weapon and plunged it into Infinite’s eye, the jackal let out a scream and let go of him. Espio gasped falling through the air, he tried to slow his fall and was sure he was going to hit the ground hard when someone actually plucked him out of the air. Looking around he noticed a smiling Silver, who gently put him on his feet. Espio nodded in ‘thanks’ as he destroyed the nearby robots only to feel lower pain. He dropped to a knee as pain spread through him. Silver was so concerned he dropped beside the one he called uncle. “Espio, what’s wrong?”. Looking up, Espio noticed how concerned the white hedgehog was, “It’s nothing, just an old injury” Espio replied, accepting Silver’s help. 

“Espio, don’t lie to me please. I’m sick of everyone lying to me, you have told me the truth all my life. Don’t start now. Ignore them, you can’t help your past. I just know now, you are here because you love us enough to protect us” Silver explained, pulling Espio behind a nearby building. The chameleon sighed, “Silver. You can’t tell anyone but I…I think I’m in labour” Espio grunted out, Silver’s eyes widened not expecting that response. 

“Want me to get Mighty?” 

“No, he needs to protect you. Not me, I can survive. I’ve counted it, I’m not ready for another eight hours, I will be fine” Espio explained, pushing himself to his feet. 

“But..” 

“Silver, please. Just do me one favour” 

“Anything” 

“Find your mother before it's too late” 

“But…he…” 

“He isn’t the reason you're unable to have kids, Shadow came to me when he and Sonic started dating. His alien dna could have killed Sonic so he asked for something. I provided it for him and then he could have children but after you, he was at a very high risk. You see his dna tried to kill you all and without my interception it would have. Sonic thought it was because he was infertile at first but it turns out whatever Dr Robotnik injected Shadow with made sure he would be a weapon and that was it. Shadow’s ability to manipulate time helps which is why you all grew up quickly, it was either you died or your life sped up a bit. It was one of the reasons why Sonic and Shadow argued so much when he was pregnant with Dash. It’s not your fault Silver, I can help you but you must understand, the process is painful and you need some other donor” 

“Are you saying you can get rid of the black arms blood?” Silver asked, Espio nodded, “I can but it comes with dire consequences especially if the other isn't one of chaos energy” Espio pointed out, he took a deep breath as he stitched up his side. “What type?” “You could lose your chaos abilities or it could backfire and separate you from your mother” Espio gritted his teeth. 

“Anything to have kids, it's a risk I’m willing to take” Silver said as Blaze appeared beside the two. 

“Or the other option is Shadow does it himself which means you keep your chaos energy and you lose the bond with your mother. Which means when he’s in pain, you won’t know about it. But, Shadow must agree to this and Sonic would be the one who would give you pure energy to save your life. It would also mean you couldn’t feel Shade or Dash unless you created pure bonds before you lost the dna” Espio explained, hoping it would make sense. 

Silver and Blaze shared a look, “Does it hurt him?” Blaze asked, “Shadow or Silver?” “Both of them, does it hurt either of them?” Blaze pushed the question. Espio frowned, “Silver no, Shadow yes but the ultimate lifeform has performed this before once”. 

“Oh has he!” Mephiles' voice broke through their conversation, Espio whipped around to see Mephiles the dark stalking in their direction, “Where’s ARLO!?” Mephiles demanded lifting Espio off his feet and shooting up into the sky. Silver cried out as he and Blaze floated above after the chameleon who had saved their lives countless many times. 

“LET HIM GO!” Silver shouted, throwing his powers at the dark being who created a shield around Espio and himself. Silver pounded on it, Sonic looked up above only to gasp. Espio! Nudging Knuckles, the hero got the guardian’s attention who gasped just as every black arms creature dropped unconscious to the floor, surprising them all. Doom gasped feeling a pain like no other as Eclipse appeared beside him. The Ark above them all exploded into smithereens and a green light like no other spread through the sky knocking everyone to the ground. Silver managed to catch Espio and float down while Mephiles found himself hitting the ground hard. Smoke rose up from the ground as Dr Eggman turned his fans on when he found his robots scattered in pieces everywhere. The freedom fighters had never felt so confused as Infinite watched from the sidelines, his eyes searching for a particular chameleon. 

“No! The Black Arms, Father!” Eclipse yelled as the creatures disappeared in yellow streams and faded from sight. Eclipse turned to his father who only faded in front of him. “NO! Show yourself! Whoever you are!” Eclipse screamed in anger walking towards the dust cloud only for a hand to shoot out and grip him tightly. The dark fur was very distinctive as were the crimson eyes. 

“Shadow! How!” Eclipse gasped out in shock as he was slammed into the ground, as the ultimate lifeform was glowing a red aura. Sonic’s eyes widened as Silver and Espio moved to the front and the ninja of the group cried out, “CHAOS SHIELD!” Espio slumped to a knee as he said that and Silver stood in the way of his body, blocking him from view. Violet gasped using her own energy as the shield flickered what the hell was wrong with her mother. Shadow looked back only to smirk as he glowed a red colour like no other, Eclipse tried to escape. 

“But! I’m your brother! You're flesh and blood! You can’t kill me! What about the code! Black Arms don’t kill other Black Arms!” Shadow only smiled, spawning in his favourite weapon of all time, Sonic groaned seeing the familiar pistol in his partner’s hand. Eclipse waited for it only to gasp when Shadow backed away holding his head as Doom reappeared trying to control the black and red hedgehog. Shadow fought violently for control as he looked over at the shield for help, Espio got his message. 

“Drop the shield” 

Violet did just that as her mother ran for Shadow who nodded in thanks, Violet was quick to put the shield back just as Espio’s hand connected with Shadow’s a cry of “CHAOS BLAST” echoed across the valley as Shadow tucked around Espio’s body keeping him safe from the pure energy rippling through Emerald Hills. Trees swayed as the energy returned after being gone for so long. Flicky’s flew into the sky avoiding the pure energy. 

A cloud of dust and smoke rose into the air as Eggman and Infinite used this as their escape, the freedom fighters moved once Violet had dropped the shield. Sonic wasted no time in speeding over to where his partner was. There he found a kneeling Shadow holding Espio close to his chest while his pistol lay forgotten on the ground besides Doom's dead body, Doom was gone and Sonic hoped for the best as above them something exploded in the sky which turned out to be the rest of the Ark and the Black Arms comet. 

“Shadster?” The ultimate lifeform looked up at his name, Shadow glared at them all holding Espio tighter, the chameleon had passed out from the constant pressure physically and mentally. 

“Is he alright?” Knuckles asked, kneeling down besides the to. 

“He would be if…” 

“SHADOW IF YOU DO NOT…!” Mephiles was cut off by a gunshot, “Shut up and wait there” Shadow growled at him, Mephiles only crossed his arms like a little child as he was stuck chained to a post by pure chaos energy. 

Shadow turned his attention to his little brother in his arms, the chameleon who looked to have been through hell and back whether it was physically or emotionally. Shadow at this precise moment didn’t care as he scooped Espio into his arms and stood up. Sonic watched as Shadow walked over to Mephiles with Espio in his arms and tapped the enemies head with one finger and the next Mephiles had disappeared only to appear in a hut in the middle of nowhere to find himself in front of a startled Arlo who pulled him close. Shadow smirked looking down at Espio who was starting to wake up. 

Espio blinked his golden eyes open only for them to connect with concerned crimson ones, almost like that day years ago when Espio revived Shadow. 

“You okay?” Shadow whispered, Espio could only nod, “I’m gathering you found it” Espio gritted out through his teeth, Shadow nodded materialising a black chaos emerald. “How do I access it?” Shadow asked, Espio only groaned inwardly as he swayed, Shadow wrapped an arm around him to help steady him. Espio nodded, “Are the seven chaos emeralds nearby” Espio asked leaning further into Shadow who looked over at the shocked freedom fighters. 

“Well…” 

Sonic turned to Knuckles who nodded as they pulled out the seven chaos emeralds, even the green one which Shadow frowned at it noticing another crack. “It will be fine” Espio reassured, “I need you to lie down and the emeralds to surround you” Espio explained, stumbling slightly, Silver reached out to steady him. Espio nodded in thanks. 

“Anyone who holds chaos energy in their bodies should hold the emeralds, it will speed things along” Espio said, ignoring the pain in his head. 

“Wait! What’s going on?!” Sonic asked holding the blue emerald above Shadow’s head, “I’m returning his powers so you two can live” Espio bluntly answered as he shook his head to clear his vision. 

Soon enough those who could surrounded Shadow and Espio while the others watched from a far. Starting with Sonic and going right, those holding the emeralds were Knuckles, Silver, Blaze, Shade, Violet and Dash. The youngster was going first to make sure he could back away, Sonic would be last. Espio nodded at Dash who held the yellow emerald, once it stopped glowing Dash rushed over to Amy’s side leaving the emerald floating in the air. Espio held the black one above Shadow who remained silent watching as streams of energy flowed from the black one back to him. Silver was so worried for Espio that he forgot to let go of the crystal so Knuckles slapped him, the white hedgehog jumped back allowing Blaze to pull him away. 

Espio muttered something as once he was sure everyone was clear, he slammed the black crystal into the ground and watched it shatter, an essence like no other left it and shot straight into Shadow’s chest. The ultimate lifeform gasped when he felt the power he had missed, his eyes glowed a gold and white as his powers expanded around him. Once, it died down. Shadow went to thank Espio when a gasp left his throat, Espio had quite literally vanished. The chameleon was nowhere in sight but there was a patch of blood on the ground where the chameleon was sitting. 

“Wait! Where’s Espio?” Sonic called out coming to stand beside his partner who looked more healthier than he had ever. The black and red hedgehog crossed his arms looking at the freedom fighters who wore a mix of expressions, “Well, will someone explain to me before I have to use a more persuasive way?” Shadow said in a dark tone earning himself an elbow from Sonic. 

“There was a complication. Doom showed us something from Espio’s past and it woke the truth in us. So we kicked him out” Vector admitted, hanging his head slightly. 

“What could have been so bad that you kicked him out?” Sonic asked, holding his hands up when he was sent a range of glares. 

“I’m gathering, he told and showed you the truth about all of your parents” Shadow said leaning against a nearby tree ignoring all their looks. 

“Yes, how did you know that?” Chamry asked. 

“Years ago, I was having an ‘episode’ and Espio helped me through it. In return, we shared something with each other and he told me the truth about why he can never be part of your so-called family. At the time, I didn’t care much about your family but I did notice the spiral in Espio’s behaviour. From your response, I can tell you never learned why he did it, yes he was only eight but do you really think the average eight year old can take out a whole village. He was kidnapped from his home at the age of three and forced to train by his father who is a sadistic bastard, he deserves worse than death. Espio went through hell and back while his father held one thing against him. If he went through with the mission, Espio would see his baby sister again. So when Espio was tasked with killing another mobian, Espio couldn't and instead had to watch his father drown his sister in front of him. Espio from that moment forward was put on the spot, he was only five when he lost his sister. Espio isn’t one for sharing but you guys need to wake up. So what your parents died, yes I don’t understand call me an alien to parents but what I do understand is the dirt Espio had on your parents. Espio is the main reason why the Shinobi Clan isn’t going around killing mobians or any more echidna’s. I’m sure I can’t screw up my relationship with Sonic anymore by saying this since the blue bastard doesn’t trust me". Sonic sent Shadow a glare which the Ultimate Lifeform ignored and continued his rant. "But Queen Alena’s husband, was actually using his status to sell younglings off to the Navade clan of the chameleons and any other tribes where the kids would be forced into a world of torture. I only know this because Espio told me and I did hack into Space Colony Ark when I was up there. Turns out the Black Arms were useful for a few things” Shadow explained while fiddling with his inhibitor rings, the black and red hedgehog felt exposed he had never spoken so much in the same sentence and from Rouge’s look she was proud. Shadow could only roll his eyes as he turned his attention to the sky, he noticed something in the distance and without warning skated away. Leaving the freedom fighters to their thoughts, Silver decided now was to speak up. 

“Guys, he told me not to tell you but Espio was in labour while we were fighting…” 

“What!” Mighty roared, turning on Silver who swore he was deaf from that yell. 

“We have to find him!” Rouge exclaimed, “You do what you want, I’ve got stuff to do” Amy said walking away with Rose following. The two pink hedgehogs glaring at Sonic who only frowned. “Dash follow them” “why?” “Just do as I say” Shade whispered, Dash nodded disappearing in a streak of speed. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

40.9K 1.1K 45
COMPLETED Book 1: Jayde and the Seven Shards --- Jayde the Hedgehog; a new addition to the Sonic Team. After one of the Seven Shards connected with h...
7.2K 193 14
[Possibly Discontinued.] Project Shadow - a mystery for many decades. That is, until, a certain Ivo Robotnik rediscovers and releases this 'Shadow'...
6.7K 201 15
They/them perspective! Following the events of the first book several months have passed. You continue to work in the shadows as you get closer and c...
17K 550 40
COMPLETED Book 1: Jayde and the Seven Shards Book 2: Rising Adversity Book 3: By Your Side [A/N: definitely recommended to read the first two books t...