Watching Her Journey

By jean5ette

Their eyes were dazzled by the flash as the Emperor Claude's eyes were focused on his daughter-- Athanasia la... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12

7

3.5K 119 11
By jean5ette

  Leaves danced through the wind, as the Princess continued her thoughts. 'My Place he says? Then could that mean… This palace that's more humble than Ruby Palace…'

  '...Is the one the Emperor uses?'

  Claude rested his chin on his palm and hummed in agreement.

  The princess shivered in  realisation. 'Nine-year-old Athanasia entered the Emperor's Palace because it was this close!'

  The Emperor who's still carrying the princess, flinched when she noticed that the Emperor glanced at the golden statue that she bit earlier. 

  "Man… I wish I was there to watch this scene." Lucas said shaking his head, well he's watching the scene now so what's the difference?

  The Emperor looked back at Athanasia who was sweating. "Maybe she thought it was a toy." The red-haired knight said.

  The princess shouted in her mind. 'Are you going to kill me? Am I dead for trespassing?' 

  Tears on her eyes, 'Am I gonna die because I left bite marks on your statue??!'

  'If I wanted to kill you, I could've done it the sooner I caught you biting my statue.' Claude thought.

  "Another ridiculous reason to die." Lucas shakes his head.

  "She must have wandered off during play time." The Emperor unexpectedly tossed the princess to the red-haired knight, shocking the both of them. "Felix. Carry her." Athanasia ang Felix stared at each other in confusion.

  "How… How could the Emperor tossed away the princess? He could've handed her gently to the Knight…" Jennette worriedly said.

  The Emperor continued. "I should have some tea with my guest." He then walked away from his Knight and the princess 

  "Hmm… I wonder how the tea will go?" Anastacius said.

  "I think it would be awkward especially for the princess, considering the situation." Ijekiel replied in a low tone.

  The sun was shining brightly, the table full of sweet desserts, and the sweet aroma of the tea. 

  Jennette stared in awe. 'I wish I could have tea together with the Emperor and the princess…'

  'What is going on here?' Athanasia thought to herself.

  She glanced up to see the Emperor who was sitting in front of her. His jeweled blue eyes staring directly at her causing the princess to look away, avoiding the Emperor's eyes.

  The Emperor broke the silence as he spoke up. "I didn't know you couldn't speak." The princess squeaked. 

  Anastacius almost felt bad for his niece. "What's up with the tension?"

  Claude closed his eyes, leaning back, chin rested on his palm. "Well, this is boring." This caused the red-haired knight to sweatdropped.

  The princess looked down. "...Does that mean,'

  'That I'll kill you because you're not entertaining?'

  Claude sweatdropped at the thought of his daughter. Why would she think that he would kill her because she's not talking? Oh, he did try to kill her when was an infant. 

  "Not much of a talker?" Finally, the princess responded. "Athy can talk." She forced a small smile on her face.

  "Finally, I get to hear your voice. Why did you stay silent until now?"

  Duke Alpheus shook his head. "He really can't read the atmosphere, can he?" He said in a low voice.

  The princess remained silent, not knowing what to say. The Knight came to notice, he leaned down to whisper something to the Emperor. "Pardon me, Your Majesty, but little girls around the princess' age are known to be shy."

  Jennette nodded, agreeing to what the knight said. 'Ijekiel often says that to me too.'

  "Is that so?" Claude said.

  'Y,yeah you jerk! Kids can be a bit shy! Even a grown up would fall silent in front of you!' The princess cursed her father on her mind.

  "Jerk?" Claude said in irritation, he's still not used to his daughter calling him names. No, he would never get used to his daughter calling him names. 

  The princess forced more of her smile as if she wasn't dying inside. 'Yes, yes whatever you say, just let me go.'

  A lot of them felt really bad for the princess, but still curious about how the tea would end.

  Claude leaned even more further to his seat. As the two royals had a staring contest an image of a golden golden. The screen switched to the princess, who looked like a trembling rabbit.

  "Felix." Claude called for his Knight.

  "Yes, Your Majesty?"

  "Leave us." He ordered.

  The red-haired knight was about to say something but he didn't want to make the Emperor mad, so he kneeled before walking away.

  Before opening the door, Felix glanced back with a worried look on his face. Athanasia begged for the knight to not leave her alone in her mind. But her thoughts were not heard as the knight left.

  Felix felt guilty and sorry for leaving the princess alone with the man she despises the most.

  Seconds of silence, Claude finally spoke up again. "Athy, is it? Must be a pet name." The princess flinched, not expecting the insult.

  "Athanasia." The Emperor closed his eyes, as if he was sleepy. "What a name."

  The princess looked down. 'Ah.' 

  "Do you know the meaning of that name?" Claude continued.

  Athanasia clenched her fists. 'This is bad.' She then tilted her head and smiled, playing innocent. 

  "I'm really surprised how the princess can keep up a forced smile…" Jennette said.

  'My name, the name of the King, Athanasia.' She explained on her thoughts.

  "To dare give her own child such a name, and a girl at that. She would have had her limbs ripped off if she had survived the labour." The Emperor said.

  Jennette flinched by what the Emperor said. 

  'Would you really do that to Lady Diana? I highly doubt it.' Lilian stayed silent. Felix glanced at the Emperor beside him. 'After being one of the people  who witnessed His Majesty's love for the passing Lady, I really doubt it if he can.'

  'Something that even Claude, the Emperor, couldn't receive.'

  'Obelian Emperor's are granted names that mean eternity or immortality.' As the princess continued, the portraits of the previous Emperor's of the Obelian Empire were hanging on the wall. Their signature blonde hair, wearing a luxury outfit, and different capes. 

  '... Could take the throne by force, by killing his brother, but he would never be granted the name of an Emperor.'

  Anastacius looked at his brother– Claude and gave him a smug look.

  Athanasia kept her innocent smile on her face. 'So there is a good chance that Claude may feel frustrated by my name… And, you know, maybe kill me.'

  'See, I'm harmless.'

  'I have zero interest in the throne.'

  'My ultimate goal is to live a peaceful life and die a quiet death.'

  Felix smiled bitterly at the princess' goal to live a peaceful life and die a quiet death, after a lot of things had happened before they went to this mysterious room, certainly the princess wouldn't be able to live a peaceful life at all.

  'I may have a fancy name but I'm nothing but a five-year-old glutton…'

  Most of them chuckled at what the princess had said.

  The Emperor broke the silent, "Why are you just sitting there? Go ahead and eat." Athanasia looked at the desserts, her arms trembled as she lifted it to take the fork.

  Claude leaned forward, "... I ordered them to bring out something kids would like." His jeweled blue eyes were glowing as he spoke. They looked terrifying. "If you don't eat, I will have no choice but to punish the cook." He threatened.

  Felix sweatdropped. "Your Majesty, did you realise at that time how you looked?" 

  Claude gave his red-haired knight a side glance. "Nothings wrong with how I look." He said. Felix felt like crying. "Your Majesty, you were scaring the princess." 

  "I know."

  After hearing what the Emperor said, the princess immediately snatched the fork. "Thank you for the food!" Athanasia forced a smile, still trembling. 'This jerk! He's threatening me!' Athanasia cursed the Emperor on her mind.

  "If I'd known this would happen, I wouldn't have allowed the princess to wander without any maid around her." Lily said. But it also has a good benefit though, like how the princess met the Emperor four-years early.

  'I wouldn't be able to enjoy this' 

  "What a lie." Claude said.

  Athanasia's hand trembled as she tried the dessert. 'I definitely feel a stomach ache coming on… But if I leave any leftovers, he might go on a killing spree.'

  "Going on a killing spree just because his daughter left leftovers ." Anastacius said, looking at Claude. Jennette looked back to Anastacius to Claude, confused about why do Mister Anastacius kept making the Emperor mad? Do they have a past?

  'My face must be as white as a sheet… But I want to live longer!' Athanasia took a bite of the cake.

  "Yummy!" She exclaimed, her expressions telling the opposite.

  "My princess…"

  Claude just stared at His daughter, not being ignorant of what the princess really felt.

  'I miss Lily.'

  'I'm scared of him talking to me.'

  'I'm scared of him staring at me…'

  Claude felt a spang on his chest, he knew how the princess was scared of him. But after hearing her thoughts like this… he wouldn't be able to get used to this, no in fact he wouldn't be able to get used to this.

  'What was I thinking coming into this devil's lair just for some gold?'

  "Who taught your manners?" Claude suddenly asked.

  It took a second for the princess to respond. "...Lily taught me."

  Claude tapped his fingers on the table. "I see, you are talking about Lilian York." This response startled the princess.

  Lily stiffened in her seat by sudden mention of her name.

  'How does he know her full name?'

  "Five years ago," a sudden flashback of Lily kneeling down in front of the Emperor. "She stepped in front of me, requesting that she be allowed to take care of you."

  "That lady must be still with you."

  'The loyalty that lady must have…' Anastacius glanced at Lilian.

  'Huh? Lily? She did such a thing? Stepped in front of this monstrous guy for my sake?!' Athanasia thought, shocked by what she had learned.

  "She also took charge of the Ruby Palace." Claude continued.

  'Oh, Lily…! I'm so moved!' 

  "How dare she…" Claude said, startling the Princess.

  This unexpected remark made some of them confused.

  "The only two people who survived after getting in my way were your mother and that wench." Claude said coldly. 

  Athanasia tried avoiding this cold gaze by stuffing the cake in her mouth.

  Claude opened his mouth again to speak. "As you sit there, are you aware of who I am?" Athanasia's eyes widened as she dropped her fork.

  Her terrified face looked up at the  Emperor. 'Oh.' The screen switched to Claude who was looking down at her, waiting for her response. 

  'This isn't going well…'

  Her blue jeweled eyes widened as her small body trembled in fear. 'Don't…'

  '... take your eyes off him.'

  'I thought it was odd. Why would he bring me here? It was probably on a whim… An opportunity given as a prize for drawing his attention. This is a test to decide, whether let me live longer…'

  '... Or to have me killed.'

To Be Continued.

  '...' 

  "That was intense." Lucas said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 437 9
The youngest grandaughter of the High Priest of Tรฌrvitae is met with a terrible truth. Given a revelation by the Holy "World Tree", she suddenly rem...
6.6K 209 14
This is a fanfic!! I do not own wmmap!! In this story Claude has 3 sons already and then has twin girls with Diana. Both girls are reincarnated and r...
168K 4.8K 13
Athanasia and Lucas were taking a little stroll around the palace. All of a sudden a girl bumps into them. Athanasia: Aww what a cute little girl. R...