Admit it||Wenclair

By GayWriter6002

Ever since the night of horror, Enid and Wednesday have grown closer. They've grown closer in a way Wednesday... More

Chapter 1: That night
Chapter 2: The Addams Family
Chapter 3: Love or Hate You?
Chapter 5: Jealousy
Chapter 6: Best Friends?
Chapter 7: What Are We?
Chapter 8: Caught
Chapter 9: Wolf Out
Chapter 10: Date or Fate?
Chapter 11: Addams Code
Chapter 12: An Eye For An Eye
Chapter 13: Wolf Ache
Chapter 14: Sinclair Vs Addams
Chapter 15: The Quiet Raven
Chapter 16: Raven or Rav'N?
Chapter 17: Death Beyond the Grave
Chapter 18: Snap Back to reality (oh there goes gravity)
Chapter 19: You'll always be a dumb blonde.
Chapter 20: Thanks to you
Chapter 21: For You? Anything.
Chapter 22: Reading to the stars (Final Chapter)

Chapter 4: Put Your Records On

13.1K 246 869
By GayWriter6002

Enid's POV:

The whole archery thing with Wednesday left me feeling things I wasn't used to feeling. It felt like I had a whole cluster of butterflies crashing around in my belly. So maybeeee Ajax was a little right...I may possibly have a little tiny itty bitty crush on Wens. No big deal right I mean this is probably just a stupid little phase of my life and I'm just confused or something, right? Plus it's not like she's gonna feel the same about me. Although she did admit to me making her blush. She'd never admit she likes me back though if she even likes me back that is. That's just not who Wednesday is. No love, no emotions, no feelings.

After I tried to hit the target a couple of times on my own (I did not hit it a single time after Wednesday helped me) she lead me to this beautiful graveyard. I know, me, calling a graveyard pretty is like the last thing that you would expect but it's the truth. There were black and red rose bushes planted all around and the gravestones looked very elegant. I'm starting to see why Wednesday likes graveyards so much seeing she grew up around this one.

She lead me to a grave that said 'Nero' with a scorpion on it. This must be her pet scorpion's grave she told me about.

Wens knelt down in front of the grave and patted the grass next to her, telling me to sit. I sat next to her and crisscrossed my legs. The look on Wednesday's face was one that I don't believe I've ever seen before. She seemed like she was longing for something. Probably for Nero to be here with her.

"Today would have been ten years since he was brutally murdered. I wish I could have gotten revenge on those ignorant assholes." She says softly as she places a black rose on the gravestone.

I put my hand on her shoulder signaling that I was there for her. I'll always be there for Wednesday no matter what happens. When I left for those three days a part of me kept wanting to be there for her so I kept going back to the dorm using the fact that I forgot something as an excuse.

Wednesday is an intricate person with an obscure way of doing things which makes most people not understand her, but she makes perfect sense to me. Emotions don't come naturally to Wednesday as it does for most. Where someone might feel sad about failing their exam, she wouldn't connect the failure to sadness and instead connect it to working harder and more so it doesn't happen again. I know she feels emotions it's just that she doesn't know how to express them or know why she's feeling them. This fact among her lifestyle makes people see her as different and people don't like different. I would know.

"I'm so sorry Wens. I know Nero meant a lot to you. Those boys are lucky I don't hunt them down and bring them to you. Nero sounds like he was a really great friend to you. Can I give you a hug?"

She pauses and looks at me. I can tell she's thinking about what I just said. Wens is so cute when she's thinking.

"I loved Nero which I can't say for many things or people. He was and still is very special to me. I have to admit you are growing on me like he did, Enid. Somehow with all your bright colors and loud music, you manage to make me feel like I can talk to you about things. It's weird. I don't quite understand it, but I don't entirely mind it. You're different Enid. I like that about you."

The way my face turned redder than a tomato when she said that to me. She just admitted to me that she feels safe around me. That's like even bigger than her saying I love you. I'm glad that I make her feel safe though. That brings me joy to know I make my favorite person feel safe.

"Aww Wenss, you care about me?"

"Don't get cocky Sinclair, but I suppose I what you would say care about you. Tell anyone and I put dynamite in every single one of those little stuffed creatures of yours and blow them up. You can give me that hug now but make it quick before I change my mind."

I lunge at her wrapping my arms around her cold body. She may be a very cold person physically and emotionally, but she makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Every time I touch her I feel like I'm on top of the world and no one can touch me. Like if anyone lays a hand on me they are going to regret it. Every time I look into her big brown eyes, I see a world of love and growth. Every time we talk I feel like I could sit there for years and talk with her without ever getting bored. She's the person I turn to when I feel overwhelmed and sad. She makes me feel seen and loved in a way I've never felt before.

Fuck. Ajax was right. I do have a crush on Wednesday. This can't be happening right now. I can't have a crush on her. What will my parents think? What will my friends think? What will Wednesday think... I can't tell her. This will all brush over in a couple of months...hopefully...

This hug was different from most of our hugs. It was more sensual and relaxed. The hug after the...incident, was more relieved and passionate. Now I've had two hugs with Wednesday that have felt rather...romantic and not platonic. Love is so fucking confusing.

You know, now that I think about it, why am I scared to be gay? It's not like my parents really even talk to me anyway and most of my friends are gay too. As for Wednesday, I can just never admit my feelings to her and we can all just live happily ever after. I'm pretty sure Wednesday and that Xavier guy are going to end up dating or something maybe and then I can just stay single or something and everyone will just be happy. Well everyone but me I guess, but I'm great at faking being happy anyway so all will be aye okay!

"What are you thinking about Sinclair? I can tell you're in deep thought." Wednesday says breaking our hug.

"Oh um, nothing really!" I lie.

Wens was about to say something when her phone went off. I'm surprised she even carried that thing out here with her. I must be rubbing off on her!

"You answer it. Xavier texted me and I don't want to talk to him right now. He keeps acting rather weird and it's making me nauseous." She hands me her phone opened up to Xavier's message.

Xavier: Hey Wednesday! Just wanted to check in on you and see if you were doing okay. I miss you🖤

I read the message, rage, and jealousy filling my body. This feeling sucks ass! UGH. Why can't I just be straight and keep dating Ajax? Things would be so much easier and better for everyone...

"He's flirting with you Wens!" I say through a nervous laugh.

"Disgusting. I think I've been rather clear that our relationship was strictly acquaintances. Have I not been clear Enid?" She seems rather confused about this.

I look into her eyes. Yeah, she's been rather clear to him, but not to me...I wish she would be as clear as she's been with Xavier with me. I'm starting to see why Wens doesn't deal with emotions and feelings cause they are SOOOOO complicateddddd! Ughhhhhh.

"I'd say you've been pretty clear to him. But boys are kinda stupid so you have to like spell it out for them a lot of the time." I say laughing.

"Then tell him because I think I might have romantic feelings for someone else. I don't want him getting the wrong idea."

She likes someone else?!?!?! WHO???? Great! Another person I have to deal with. I hope they fall down a flight of stairs and break their arm. UGHHH.

Wednesday: Hey it's Enid! Wednesday wanted me to say that she likes someone else so all this flirting you are doing is kindaaaaa useless 🤷‍♀️

That was kinda fun to tell Xavier off like that. God, I'm such a jealous person. Then again I am a werewolf and we are very territorial so I mean...

I hand Wens her phone back and smile brightly at her. She slightly moves the corners of her mouth. This made me smile even bigger. She has such a grip on me it's not even funny.

Today has been quite the day. Not only did I learn I'm gay but also that I'm in love with my dark brooding roommate. What a character arc for Enid Sinclair! Whoever is writing my life better make my life less complicated cause this is getting out of hand for real now.

(A/N Her life is only gonna get more complicated🤭)

"Let's go back inside now. My parents will get worried if we aren't back in time for lunch."

"Oki!! Thanks for today Wens! It's been super super amazing so far!"

"You're welcome, Enid."

We head towards her house. I admired her with every step she took. She's just so beautiful!! Like how can someone be this pretty? Mr. and Mrs. Addams genetics must be extraordinary!

Finally, we made it into the house where food was already laid out on the table. It looks soooo good!! IT'S MY FAVORITE FOOD TOO!!!! KIMCHI AND DUMPLING NOODLE SOUP!!! HOW'D THEY KNOW????

(A/N what it would look like)

"This is like my all-time favorite food!" I say excitedly.

"That's why I had it made," Wednesday said looking over at me.

She knows me so well. Wednesday really does always pay attention to details. It's quite amazing actually.

"Awww! Thank you so much Wens!"

"You're welcome, Enid."

It was just her and I at the table since everyone else had already eaten. She sits next to me which I find odd since there is an entire table yet she chose to sit next to me. Not that I mind of course! I like her company.

"Wednesday?"

"Yes, Enid?"

I want to know who this other person that she likes is. So why not ask? I'm so stupid for this but ehhhhh.

"Who's this person you like?"

She looks at me, grabs her bowl, and stands up, "Wouldn't you like to know." She slightly smirks at me as she walks away.

That was attractive I'm not going to lie...What I would give to kiss her right now.

"Yeah, I would like to know 'cause we are best friends and best friends tell each other this type of stuff!" I yell into the kitchen.

The short black haired girl walks back into the dining room. We make eye contact which I hate but it isn't so bad when it's with Wens.

"We aren't average best friends, Enid." She says with a low raspy voice.

Is she flirting right now? No, I'm probably just looking way into this right now.

Wednesdays POV:

I walk back into the dining room. I've decided to try something my mother does to my father. Talking in a low raspy voice. When my mother does this my father goes feral. This is my chance to see if I may be this girl Enid might have taken a romantic liking to.

"We aren't average best friends Enid."

Her eyes go a bit wide and her face turns a crimson color. My instincts would be correct. I'm the girl Enid has taken a romantic liking to. Isn't this fascinating? We are polar opposites yet we've taken a rather strong liking to each other. Just to further prove my theory I want to get more personal with her. She's the only person I would ever even think about doing this with. Like I've said before, Enid makes me feel, and she makes me feel like I can trust her and be 'vulnerable' with her.

"Let's go to my room."

She nods instantly, getting up from the table smiling at me.

I lead her to my room. She followed me like a lost puppy. Cute. What has love done to me? I'm turning all..soft. It isn't entirely bad I suppose. There are perks to this whole love thing, for example, I always have someone I can talk to that I actually tolerate, and there is always someone there for me when I need to be accompanied to something or when I do my experiments. Perhaps I also like the attention and affection that she gives me as well...

We walk into my room where she goes and immediately sits on my bed. Typically I would see this as an act of invading my personal space, but it's Enid so I don't see a problem with it. I notice that her eyes make contact with my record player. She seems to perk up and get that look in her eye when she's excited. 

"You have a vinyl player!?!?!?" She exclaims happily. 

A vinyl player? Does she mean a record player? 

"You mean record player, correct?"

"Record, vinyl, same difference silly!" 

I give her a blank stare. I tend to forget that this new-age bullshit is a thing. Why must people take things that are perfectly fine as is and change it all up? I hate change. 

"I prefer to call it a record player. But, yes I do have one."

"Can we play some music? It doesn't have to be my type of music, I know you're not a fan of it." 

She's so soft-spoken and caring about her words. I find it captivating that she'd make such a compromise for me. 

"That would be ideal. I'll put on my favorite record. My favorite song called Faure: Elegie is on the record." 

"Oki! I can't wait to hear it!" 

I put the record on and put the needle down for it to start playing the music. A cello begins to play amongst the piano and violin. It's so relaxing yet exhilarating. You can feel the story the music composer is telling you. 

My eyes gaze over to Enid where I see her swaying side to side with her eyes closed humming the melody of the song. She doesn't know the song, yet she hums the melody perfectly like a Nightingale. 

"Care to dance?" I say extending my hand out to the colorful wolf. 

She jumps up taking my right hand with her right hand and placing her left hand on my waist while I rest mine around her back. We began waltzing around to the melodies of the song. To my shock, Sinclair knew how to waltz quite elegantly. I'm quite curious to know where she learned to waltz like this. 

She spins me around in a circle bringing me back to dip over her left leg. Impressive. It is feasible that I miss judged Enid's dancing capabilities. Then again, the only dancing I've ever seen from her was that lacking performance to that k....K-pop, music that she listens to. 

She eases me back up onto my feet. Our faces were mere inches apart. I could feel my face reddening at the sight of her smooth, soft, pink lips. If I were to simply...kiss...her right now, I'd- 

"Wednesday, dear, dinner is- oh....Uhm," The color in my mother's face drained, " When you two are ready, dinner is waiting for you downstairs." 

Enid and I released each other, now standing awkwardly in front of my mother. Both of our faces a crimson color by now. 

"Thank you, mother. We will be down shortly."

My mother closes the door, leaving Sinclair and I alone once more. I preferred it this way. I want to be alone, but I want to be alone with her. 

"Well, that was awkward," Enid began to nervously laugh, "but the dancing was fun! You're an amazing dancer by the way Wens!"

I turn slightly to look at her, "Thank you, Enid. To my surprise, you are also a remarkable dancer."

Her lips curved up to form a smile. I take a moment to really look at her face. Every aspect of her face was symmetrical from the spacing between her ocean-blue eyes to the width of her button nose, and the way her lips were perfectly even. Every physical aspect of her follows the golden rules. I like this about her among so many more things.

"You really think I'm a good dancer?" She looks down at her feet, "my parents always told me I was mediocre at it so I always just assumed they were right." 

The once gleeful wolf was now despondent. I have picked up on how talking about her parents makes her rather distressed. If I ever see these people they better run before I turn them into taxidermy head mounts. 

"Enid, you are more than what your parents depict you as. There are so many things that make you tolerable and compelling. Your parents are self-loathing, ignorant, people that take out their frustrations on you because out of all your rather idiotic siblings, you are the most talented." 

The girl looked at me with glossy eyes," Thank you Wens," her brittle voice sang out"Can I hug you Wednesday?" 

"I suppose that would be okay." 

I think today I've been hugged more than I have in my entire sixteen years of living. The feeling of Enid's arms wrapped around me is growing on me quicker than a body decomposing in a barrel of acid. 

We released from the hug leaving our faces mere inches apart once more. I was going to kiss her before she pulled away leaving my lips cold and bare perusal. I've never wanted something more than the way I want to kiss Enid. It's like she's a Neodymium magnet and I'm a piece of steal. 

For fucks sake Sinclair just kiss me already. 

We walk out of my room and head towards the stairs. Enid and I were walking peacefully side by side until suddenly my eyes follow a tumbling body down my family's case. Enid fell down an entire flight of stairs. Just when I thought this girl couldn't get any more idiotic, she does this. 

I run down the stairs to go make sure she wasn't injured too badly. At the bottom of my stairs lay Enid holding her arm with tears streaming down her face. 

"I think I broke my arm Wens. This shit fucking hurts soooo bad!"

Enid's POV:

Well, This isn't how I expected my day to end. Watch this be some foreshadowing of my life or some shit. Not cool man. Not cool at all.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.2K 814 25
It's been a year since Wednesday has step foot in Nevermore Academy, due to the incidents of last year, most of the school needed to be redone, as we...
211K 3.5K 34
This story takes place of Wednesday and Enid returning to Nevermore. They meet up with friends as their relationship starts to grow they realize some...
7.2K 217 19
Wednesday and Enid start to have feelings for one another, feelings that they know aren't going to be going away anytime soon...will they embrace tho...
164K 4.4K 47
Wenclair fanfic! While Wednesday returns to Nevermore after the semester break, she tries to solve the mystery of who may be stalking her. As to be a...