Second Chances.

By SakuraRamroop

It's been Five years after the war, Sakura was now a strong, independent, intelligent and beautiful woman, sh... More

Chapter One.
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Fifteen

697 34 3
By SakuraRamroop

"Sakura-Nee."

Sakura hummed in answer wincing as Tenten rubbed her calf a bit to rough.
"Ow, Tenten." She huffed.
"A little gentler please."

"Well forgive me." Said girl replied, slapping Sakura's kneecap.
"But who was the one that caused herself to be bedridden for almost a month?."

"...Me." Sakura muttered, puffing her cheeks out.
"But still, it hurts damn it."

Tenten shuddered mockingly, like a cold wind just passed by her.
"Oh god, you're starting to sound like Hidan."

Sakura smacked her on the shoulder, causing Tenten to laugh as she turned to face the quiet Hyuga.
"Come in and close the door, Hanabi."
She called beckoning the girl in.
"What's up?."

Hanabi took a seat next to Tenten, watching the movements of the older girls hands as she collected her thoughts.
"What...what if Hinata.... does something bad tomorrow?." She asked, her head snapping up to look at Sakura,  a worried frown on her young face.
"What if it doesn't work out and.. and."

"Relax, I'm sure it will be alright." Tenten said cutting her off gently.
"We have also taken that possibility into consideration, Hanabi. "

"Let's not worry about it tonight, yeah?." Sakura smiled, a grimace pulling at her lips as the muscles in her leg protested when she tried to move it. Man staying one place for such a long time really does suck.
"I don't want to see grey hair on someone so young."

Hanabi huffed out a breath, watching as Tenten poked Sakura on the cheek, to which Sakura whined at. It was extremely cute and sometimes Hanabi wished she could be that close with her sister.

"Can I ask another question?." She asked, gaining the attention of the two older girls before her.

"Sure, what is it?." Sakura asked, smiling at her softly.
Sometimes, Hanabi wanted her to be her sister so badly.

"Sakura-nee.... How did your feelings for.. for Sasori begin?."

Said girl seemed a bit taken back at the question, clearly not expecting to be asked that. She smiled never the less, sighing as a hand came up to ruffle her hair, a habit she picked up from Naruto.

"My feelings huh." She murmured, looking off to the side, eyes lost in the memory.
"When they began you asked?." She laughed softly.
"To be honest, I'm not sure when they started myself.  The thing is, on the mission to save Gaara I didnt know what to expect, fighting that bastard wasnt on my agenda but that's how it happened." She snorted.

"He thought I was a push over, a small girl going up against the likes of him with his aging grandmother. I might have thought the same if I was in his shoes" She grinned.
"The first time I could tell I impressed him was when I developed an antidote to his posion in no time when it would taken others years. And the other time." She paused, raising herself up slightly, to pull her shirt up, showing off the small scar there in the shape of a  jagged line.
"Was when he stabbed me straight through and I healed myself with the sword still there."

"Pretty incredible, wasnt it?." Tenten said nudging the gaping girl in the side.

"I think they started then, I have never had anyone praise me or acknowledge my skills more that he did in that moment." Sakura sighed, letting her shirt slip down once again, not before she felt the cold touch to her skin.
"He was an arrogant, narcissistic bastard, but in the end, he told me everything I needed to know, eyes never leaving my form as he talked, and when he did go, I found myself missing him strangely."

"No surprise there." Tenten snorted, tilting away from Sakura's weak swipe.
"Talk about a tragic love story eh?."

"After Grandma Chiyo's funeral, I bumped into his grandfather.  He told me so much stories of his grandson, who was a rebellious brat even to the age of Sixteen." She laughed, even as the cold touch brushed against her cheek, he must be waiting for her to fall asleep so badly, Hah, she's going to make him wait a bit longer.

"And that's when your feelings grew?." Hanabi asked, eyes wide in awe.

"Yes, that's when my heart ached for him, when I started missing him like I missed no one before." She shrugged.
"By then the feelings I had for Sasuke were disappearing, I knew that he would never look in my direction in that way even if I was the last option left."

"You're being a bit harsh on yourself, Sakura." Tenten pointed out, settling on the bed next to Sakura.
"Besides, it was Sasuke who really didnt deserve you, not the other way around." Looking back to that time, Tenten really should have comforted Sakura instead of Ino when the news had gotten out, man if there was a way to go back in time and smack her past self, she would gladly take it.

"I agree." Hanabi nodded.
"That sounds sweet though, "

"Sasori isnt a sweet man, he's a bully." Tenten stated, eyes going wide open seconds later when the familiar icy cold touch brushed against her cheeks.
"Ahh! Stop pinching me, it's the truth isn't it, you're bullying me right now!."

"He's.... here?." Hanabi asked, her eyes glancing all around the room, as of she could see Sasori's spirit if she looked hard enough.
"That means he heard everything we were just talking about!." She gasped as if that was the main issue.

"Who is he going to snitch to? Himself?." Tenten scoffed, sending a mock glare around the room.
"He already knows how much Sakura loves him. That bully."

Sakura closed her eyes with a laugh.
"Ahh, never gets old with you, eh Tenten."

"You should know that by now." Said girl smirked.
"Hanabi, wanna sleep with us tonight?."
The younger Hyuga visibly lit up like a christmas tree, nodding her head in affirmative so quickly, it made her look like a bubble head.

"I have some clothes that'll fit you, go get changed." Sakura said pointing to the chested draw at the corner of the room, Five minutes later, Hanabi was cushioned between Sakura and Tenten, eyes drooping as sleep slowly took her over.

Naruto was fidgeting, not a rare occurence, but this time his fidgeting was getting on Sasuke's nerves. If the blonde didnt stop that annoying habit, Sasuke was going to kill him.

"Oi." He gritted out, smacking Naruto behind the head.
"Fucking stop that already."

Said blonde whined, lurching forward to drape himself all over Sasuke, who snarled as he tried to push Naruto away.
"Mouu, we havent even left yet and I'm already nervous, Sasuke-Chan."

"What the fuck did you call me?!."

"..Sasuke-chan. " Naruto repeated, a mega watt grin appearing on his face.
"What's with the scowl, Sasuke-chan?."

"You bastard. " Sasuke grunted, shoving at Naruto's face.
"I'm going to kill you."

And that's the sight Sakura and Shisui came down to see, Naruto and Sasuke, rolling around on the floor, trying to get the upper hand on each other like a pair of undisciplined toddlers.

Well it did work to stop Naruto and his fidgeting.

"People ask if you know them, say no." Shisui deadpanned. Sakura snorted, he speaks as if everyone doesnt know who Uzumaki Naruto and Uchiha Sasuke was.

"Come on Naruto, let's go already, I want this to be over as soon as possible. " She called watching as said guy paused in pushing Sasuke off, only to flop back down with a huge sigh..

"My stomach hurts." He moaned.
"I wanna stay home."

"You aren't in school, idiot." Sakura huffed, nudging his side with her toe.
"You are a grown ass adult, now get up "

All plans were ruined though, any sort of confrontation they were planning was instantly blown to smitterins. As soon as that open the door, the sight of Hinata Hyuga standing in front of Sakura's apartment had both her and Naruto blinking in surprise, but the sight of Yamanaka Ino right behind her had their minds blanking out.

Oh for fuck's sake.

"See, I was right wasnt I?." Ino bragged, she looked a bit deranged, looks like she was definitely losing sleep over Sakura's business.
"Why would a guy who already has a girlfriend, be coming out another women's house. "

Sakura stared blankly at Ino, was this girl that vindictive? Sakura didn't know that Yamanaka Ino was this petty. Was she trying to cause a commotion here and now, if so, Sakura was going to bite back three times harder than she was bitten.

"Are you serious?." Naruto scowled.
"Ino, what the hell is your problem?."
There was a flash of red in his eyes as Kurama started to react as Naruto grew annoyed.

Hinata was still silently staring at them both, seemingly trying to decide what to make of this situation herself.

"Well, what do you have to say for yourself?." Ino said crossing her arms over her chest.
"What are you doing in Sakura's house then, when you're dating Hinata?."

"I dont see how that's any of your business, Yamanaka. " Sasuke said appearing behind Sakura and Naruto, a glare on his face that would cause grown men to flinch.
"Trying to cause problems already?."

"Sa..Sasuke-Kun." Ino stammered, thrown off loop at see the Uchiha rhere. She gaped for a few silent seconds before her eyes turned vicious.
"Another man in your house, Sakura,  I didn't know you were such a slut."

Ah, Sakura thought absentmindedly.
The words of a woman who didn't get want they wanted, honestly Sakura  wasnt even bothered, it made no sense to bite Ino's bait.
She was about to say so, when an arm wrapped it self around Sakura's waist, as another draped itself over Naruto's shoulders.

"Well, you will find me guilty, I'm an absolute slut for my Hime." Shisui's voice purred over their heads, and it was quite satisfying to see Ino take a step back.
"I've been waiting to meet this so called Ino for a while now, and look at that, you've brought along the girl we wanted to see." He pressed a noisy kiss to Sakura and Naruto's temple before he pushed them gently aside, reaching out to grab Ino by the collar of her shirt, he dragged her inside, he completely ignored her protests and threats.
"Come along now." He turned to look at Hinata over his shoulder, Sharingan bleeding to life in his gaze making Said girl reel back.
"Let's not make a scene at the front door, if rumors start, the one who started it will be dealing with me."

Hinata nearly stumbled as she hurried inside, the door closing shut behind her sounded like a jail cell.

"I must thank you for bringing Naruto's girlfriend here instead of us going to find her." Shisui remarked cheerfully, he pushed Ino onto the sofa none to gently as he took a seat opposite her.
"Let's get down to business shall we, what the fuck do you think you're doing?." He snarled, tomoes spinning wildly.
"Is it fun to You, torturing my Hime?, certainly isnt fun for me, for the rest of us."

"..Umm." Hinata spoke up, making him whip his head in her direction.
"..Who are you?." Wasnt Sasuke the last Uchiha alive? Who was this man?

"Me?." He asked, poking himself in the chest.
"Uchiha Shisui, Sasuke's cousin."

"...But..arent you supposed to be dead?." She slapped a hand over her mouth at that, it was extremely rude of her to say that.

"That's what I have been trying to tell you Hinata!." Ino yelled, jumping to her feet.
"Sakura has been bringing murderers back to life, she brought that bastard back, the son of a bi-"

"Could someone shut her up?." Tenten called from where she was making sandwiches in the kitchen, smacking Deidara on the hand as he tried to sneak a piece.
"She's getting on my nerves, for fuck's sake."

Hinata's head snapped in that direction at once, watching as the brown haired girl walked out of Sakura's kitchen, as if it was her home as well.
"What are you standing for? Sit down, he wont bite."

"He'll bite you." Sakura sing songed.

"Shut up, Sakura, Naruto go share breakfast." She huffed, plopping down  besides Shisui, who immediately leaned over to take a bite out of her sandwich, she scowled, smacking his shoulder.

"Go get your own."

"Why would I? You're right here." He said with a charming smile, Tenten smacked him again.

This was all so bizarre to Hinata, she had no idea what she was looking at, how can Tenten be so comfortable bickering with a man that was said to be dead, decades ago.
She slowly eased herself down next to Ino, who was scowling at the two.

"What the fuck Tenten?." She cursed.
"You knew what Sakura was doing?."

"Not only her." Sai yawned as he passed by the sofa, ruffling Tenten's head as he passed, making her hiss at him.
"Naruto, Tenten, Kakashi and I knew way before the others found out."

Where the heck did Sai come from?. Hinata blinked in surprise at seeing him there, she didnt know that they were all this close.

"Hyuga Hinata." Tenten called, a cold tone to her voice.
"What the hell did She tell you?."

"..That Naruto-Kun was with Sakura, she told me that she would show me proof." She said, twisting her fingers together.

"And you believed her?." Tenten snapped.
"Did it slip your mind, that they are teammates, they share a close, sibling bond. Why the hell would you believe Ino when you know Naruto is dating you." She was getting fed up with that annoying blonde.

"...I.." What could she say? Was she being to greedy now that Naruto was with her.

"Furthermore." Tenten huffed, smacking Shisui on the arm as he snickered
"Ino is a jealous, petty bitch, she always puts Sakura down when she couldnt beat her at anything, it's funny to me that when it comes to anything that concerns Naruto,  you dont fucking think."

"Dont be so harsh." Nagato said appearing behind the sofa to place a kiss on Tenten's forehead before he wandered off to the kitchen, huffing when Naruto latched onto his arm.

Hinata wanted to know who was this red haired man.

"I have to." She said.
"Does it look like anything will get through to her if I say it nicely?."
She settled her gaze on the two once again.
"And yes, its true that Sakura is bringing back the Akatsuki. " She ignored Hinata's gasp.
"Quite frankly, it's none of your business, I'm  only telling you because of Hanabi and Neji. "

Hinata felt her heart skipped a beat.
"..Neji?." Did she hear correctly.

"Yes, I said Neji. Sakura brought Neji back." Tenten repeated.
"Look Hinata, I dont have a problem with you, although I don't particularly like you, you have never given us any trouble and I dont want you starting now." Blunt, wasnt she?.
"He, however is spending time with Hanabi at the moment and had
refused to come downstairs until you have left the house."

Why did that hurt Hinata so much?.

"Quite a predicament. " Shisui snorted.
"Tell me, Hyuga Hinata, if you have the same mindset like Yamanaka Ino, if you had rejected all of Sakura's beliefs, if you have rejected your friendship and had given Naruto the tough decision of choosing,  who do you think he would have chosen?."

She wanted to say that it would be  her so badly, but if she did, that would be the furthest thing from the truth.

"I see you have come to the realization by yourself." He stated, already knowing what she was thinking.

Naruto wouldnt have chosen her.

"What crap are you two trying to pull?." Ino hissed, she still havent sat back down, looking like she was going to lose it any moment now.

"Crap?." Shisui asked, tilting his head to the side.
"I wouldn't call it that, protecting what is ours has a much better ring to it, dont you think?."

"Protect?." Ino laughed nastily.
"What's so good about that sl- "
She suddenly stopped talking, both her hands flying up to clutch at her throat, a choking sound escaping through her lips.

Hinata jumped in her seat at that  hands flapping uselessly in the air, not sure what she could do to help.
Ino's face was starting to turn a bit blue, and the room was starting become a bit chilly.

"Ahhh, was wondering when he was going to snap." Shisui sighed.
"If he didnt, I was about to."

Tenten snorted, turning her head in the direction of the kitchen.
"Sakura, a little help here." She sounded so used to this already.

Who were they talking about?. Hinata wanted to know, her eyes lit up as Naruto poked his head out the doorway, took one look at Ino and started snickering, he ducked back into the kitchen then the entire room was exploding in laughter, making her jump once again.

What was so funny?.

Hinata watched as Sakura entered the room once again, the sweater she had on earlier discarded somewhere, it left the bite mark on her neck on full display, making Hinata feel a bit flushed at the sight. It looked like someone had tried to take a huge bite out of her flesh.

Sakura sighed, rubbing her bare arms, the cold making goosebumps raise up.
"..I'm a bit cold." She muttered, knowing fully well that he would hear her.  And as she predicted, the temperature dropped once she spoke.
"Besides, dad wouldnt like that you killed one of his citizens even before I bring you back."

What was Sakura taking to?. Wait... Bring back... Hinata's eyes widen.. A spirit?!. Her guess was correct seeing how the next second Ino started couching as her airways opened back up.

Sakura scoffed as she turned back around to head back into the kitchen, her small nose pointed into the air.
Tenten laughed, shaking her head.

"I wouldnt sleep tonight if I were you." She called.

Sakura stuck her head back out with a mock grimace on her face.
"And keep him waiting? That would actually be the worst." She shuddered.
"I had enough last night." And then she ducked back in where more hoots and catcalls could be heard.

"What...the..fuck was that?." Ino coughed, glaring up at them from were she was slumped against the sofa.

"That was Sakura's pet." Shisui said, the cold brush of air against his forehead told him that Sasori was trying to smack him.
"Aye, you know it's true, all you need  now is a leash." He snickered at the other brush of cold air against his skin.

"If you really want to know. The entire story and the truth Hinata." Tenten said, deadly serious.

You need to decide who to believe in, Ino or Sakura?."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 38 1
⚠️trigger warning : Abused/ mental illnesses,drug and alcohol abuse included read at your discretion⚠️ Basically a long oneshot Sakura is the quiet k...
149K 6.2K 24
Sakura Haruno had heard nothing else but bad rumors and nasty things about her. What did she do wrong? Is there something wrong with this blessed kun...
266K 9.7K 33
She was Sakura Haruno; a friend, a medic, a kunoichi, a lover. A girl who had high confidence in herself to be a better person. But that thought, th...
56.6K 2.1K 26
The war was successful, and they won. Sasuke returned to the village, and Naruto and Sakura both made their dreams come true. They had families, and...