soulmates |on going|

By bubbleybunnies

Arranged marriage of Manan More

Character sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 4

971 105 8
By bubbleybunnies

His eyes stares into those gleaming brown eyes. Whole world seems to be stopped for a moments. He couldn't blink his eyes away. His mouth widen open as he deeply stared through the soul of the person.

His thoughts were broken by a soft voice. He comes out of thought and controlling his anger looks down from top to bottom of this girl who bumped to him dropping the cover all his body.

She looks so small standing with him. His eyes didn't leave the way she was muttering some words and panicking worldly. He was surprised to see her getting so worked up. 

His heart stopped beating when the soft hand of hers landed on his chest and her towering over him. He bite  his inner cheek controlling his smile.

Girl : I'm sorry. I didn't realise where I was going. I'm sorry . Let me fix it. I ruined your shirt. I'm so sorry.

She turns around and quickly grabbing tissue from the table turns to him and starts dabbing on his shirt trying to remove the coffee stains. She hadn't noticed all the attentions she has grabbed.

He looks at her before holding her wrist making her look at him. Her eyes stares into his and worriedly looked away. He looks around and found everyone staring them. He took a deep breath look at her who was still muttering something under breath.

He really tried his best not to laugh. His phone broke the trance and leaving the girl wrist he glanced at her last time and turning away he walked away.

Whereas the girl stood there and watched him walking away. As he was out of her sight she slapped her head and starts cursing herself for being so clumsy. She felt so bad and embarrassed ruining his shirt.

Her thoughts were broken by when she heard a voice. She turns around and looks at the driver.

Driver : what happened Nandini beta? What took you so long? Did you get your coffee?

Nandini looks at the cup on the floor before staring the driver again and shakes her head off.

Nandini : I didn't feel like having a coffee. Can we please leave from here? I went to go home.

The driver nodded his head and steps away giving space to Nandini to walk. Nandini was really her guilty about the encounter she had with this stranger few minutes ago.

Everyone looks so surprised and shocked seeing Manik who walks through corridor with a small smile playing on his lips. Everyone thought what happened to their boss.

Avoiding all the gazes Manik walks to his cabin and pushing the door got shocked seeing his friends sitting. His friends snapped their heads and looks at Manik.

Mukti: oh my god. What happened Bhai? How did your clothes get dirty? Did someone play cheap game with you? Bhai why are you quiet?

Manik looks at them and shakes his head before moving to his cabin room and getting changed. He comes out wearing new suit and sitting down looks at his friends who looked so shocked with his reaction.

Manik : what happened? Why do you all look shock?

Cabir : shouldn't we be asking you the same question Manik? What happened to you? You didn't even answer Mukti's question. How did you get coffee over you? And  the main question is how come no one witness volcano bursting?

Manik glares cabir and looks at the rest of his friends who still shocked with his behaviour. Even he didn't know what was happening with him. If there was any other girl or anyone who dared to spill their coffee he wouldn't have left them like this.

He was also shocked when he didn't got angry on that girl. He felt so strange acting so different with her. He wasn't able to figure out what was happening with him .

He snapped out of his thought when he heard Mukti saying something. He shook his head and looks at hers

Mukti : Bhai. We need to tell you something?

Manik :what do you need to tell me? How come you all gathered up in my office? Don't you guys have any work to do?

Cabir : not everyone is like you malthora. We are not workaholic like you Manik. How can you always talk about work? At least think of something else.

Manik : shut up idiot. Mukti tell me. What you want say?

Mukti : oh yes! I forget to tell you. Do you remember Abhi mentioning about his sister?

Manik: yes! How is this related to your conversation? Come to the point Mukti.

Mukti : Bhai, let me talk. Where was I? I was saying about Abhi's sister. She is in India. Abhi wants us to meet up.

Cabir : she's in India. Wow finally. I'll get to see her. I am so excited to see her. When are we meeting her?

Mukti who was sitting beside cabir snacks his head making him winch whereas the rest chuckled.

Mukti: watch your mouth cabir. Don't you forget you are married and going to be father. I'll tell navya if you try to hit on others girls.

Cabir : oh please! Can you both siblings stop ruining my marriage life? I wasn't thinking any like that. I heard so much about her, that's why I am excited to meet her.

Alya : when did you she arrive to India? What did Abhi say babe?

Mukti : i believe she came back yesterday. Abhi mentioned about her arrival and she wants to meet me.

Dhruv: what is she like? I mean we have seen her pictures. She looks so cute and beautiful.

Mukti : yes Dhruv. You're right. I think I'll be meeting her next week as Abhi is busy this week. I can't wait to see her. I feel we will get along with others so much.

In this whole conversation Manik was quiet and his whole focused was somewhere else. He can't stop himself thinking about the girl who bumped to him at the cafe. He couldn't get her eyes off of his head.

He felt drowning into those beautiful eyes. He felt some unknown emotion rushing down his body.

His thoughts were broken by cabir who said something making the rest look at Manik. Manik looks at them and found them staring at him with a smirk on their faces.

Cabir : where are you lost Manik? In whose thoughts are you lost? What are you thinking?

Mukti : even I am noticing you Bhai? Since you have come back, you seem to be so  quiet. Did something happen that we missed? Tell us what happened?

Manik : what rubbish are you both talking? Nothing happened. Now your conversation is over then leave my office and let me work. I have so much work to do unlike some people.

Alya : stop taunting us Manik. We are leaving. Let's go guys. He's so boring.

Manik gives stern looks at Alya who didn't care but getting up walks out of the cabin followed by Dhruv.

Cabir and Mukti giggles and getting up follows them too leaving Manik to sulk himself alone. Manik took a deep breath and ruffling his chair picks his intercom and calls Arjun.

Manik : hello Arjun. Can you send my lunch to my cabin with coffee please?

He hangs up and his mind drifted back to the girl that he had encountered at the cafe. He shook his head and opening the laptop thought of getting some work done.

Leaving all the shopped in living room Nandini rushed to her room and jumped on the bed. She picks the pillow abs hugging it her chest she recalls the encounter with that the stranger.

She squealed loudly like a school girl as she recalled how handsome and most attractive man looked like. Her heart was pounding so faster and her cheek starts to feel so warm.

She hid herself in the pillow and thought who he could be. She didn't fail to notice how all the girls were staring him as he walked away. Her heart was feeling so heavy when she saw all the girls staring him.

She didn't know what was happening with her and why was she getting so possessive over a man who she doesn't even know and would never seen him again. Her heart ached on mere thoughts of not seeing him ever again.

Her thoughts were broken by a knock. She composed herself and getting up she moves to the door and opening the door she found Abhi standing there.

She got so confused and thought why was her brother at home this time.

Nandini : Bhai what are you doing at home this time?

Abhi : I was just heading back to office when I heard some squeal. I went downstairs to check who might be there when butlers told me you were home. Are you okay doll? Did you get hurt? Why were you screaming?

Nandini : I'm okay Bhai. I screamed because I saw something. I'm fine now.  Are you going office? Can I also come with you?

Abhi : okay. I can drop you office then. I'll be waiting for downstairs.

Nandini : wait! You said you will drop me office? Aren't you coming to our office?

Abhi : no doll! I have a meeting with a client and I forgot to the file that's I came come. I'm heading straight to their office.

Nandini: can I also come with you there? I promise I won't disturb you. I want to be with you Bhai.

Abhi nodded his head because he couldn't say to her. She grins and hugs Abhi. He smiles and kissed her head.

Abhi : I'm waiting for you downstairs. Come quick.

She nodded her head and rushed inside to washroom to wash her face. Abhi chuckles and walks down the stairs waiting for her.

Nandini rushing down the stairs she comes and smiles at Abhi who was on the call.

Nandini : I'm ready. Let's go Bhai.

He nodded his head and ending the call walks out followed by Nandini.

Nandini looked so amazed seeing the building of Malthora industrial. Her eyes widen as she looked around and felt so nervous when she spotted everyone dressed so smart.

Her thoughts were broken by Abhi who held her hand and smiles.

Abhi : you're beautiful doll. You don't need to worry about anything. Now come with me.

Nandini smiles and nodding her head follows him inside the mansion.

~

Hope you liked the chapter.

Vote and inline comments.

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 5.4K 36
Her calm creates chaos in him His behaviour is something she can't tolerate but they don't know when they become part of each other's life and all...
395K 23K 50
Manik and Nandini are absolute strangers but destined to marry. Manik Malhotra is CEO of Malhotra industries and Nandini murty is one of the leading...
192K 10.8K 36
MANAN: HER PRINCESS LIFE Nandini is a middle class girl who dreams of having a princess life.This is a humorous +possessive +romantic story.Her char...
45.4K 2.9K 9
A short story on Manan love life.....