soulmates |on going|

By bubbleybunnies

Arranged marriage of Manan More

Character sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 13

750 118 10
By bubbleybunnies

Hours of shuffling through the closet Nandini sighs and crossing her legs sat down. She took phone out and thought of messaging her best friend who lives New York but went against and throws her phone.

She looked very confused deciding what to wear when she heard Ishita's voice who comes inside and looks at the mess in the room. Ishita sighs and went to Nandini sitting beside her. Nandini looks at her.

Nandini : amma I don't know what to wear. Please help me out. I will lose my mind like this.

Ishita chuckles and smiling at Nandini stoop up and moves to closet. She looked through and picked a beautiful South Indian saree out and shows Nandini whose face brightens up seeing the saree.

Nandini stood up and ran towards ishita taking her into bone crushing hug. Ishita chuckles out and hugs Nandini back and patted her head lightly.

Nandini broke the hug and kissing Ishita's cheek grins so widely taking the saree in hand.

Nandini : amma you are the best. You solved my problem just in few seconds. I was going mad thinking what should I wear. I love you so much.

Ishita smiles and cupping Nandini's face placed a soft kiss on her forehead and asked her to get ready.

Ishita: I love you too princess. Now quickly get ready and come downstairs, they would be arriving anytime. I'll go and check on foods.

Nandini nodded her head and smiling at ishita last time rushed inside the washroom to change. Ishita chuckles at her childish behaviour and walks out of the room to check on the refreshment arrangement.

Getting dressed in a saree Nandini walks out of washroom fixing the pleats of the saree and headed towards the mirror. She glanced at herself in the mirror and looked so pleased choosing the saree.

Taking jewellery and make up out she sat down and starts getting ready. Abhi and Raman were sitting in living room and chatting about this proposal when the door bell rang. Abhi stood up and towards the door.

He opens the door and smiles brightly looking at Neyonika and Raj and bending down touched their feet. They blessed him before Raj hugs him.

Abhi looks behind them and found Mukti. He winks at her and welcomes them in. They all start walking in and greets Raman who stood up hugging Raj.

Ishita also comes out of kitchen greets them hugging Neyonika and Mukti. They all sat down.

Raman : did you have any trouble getting here? Where is Manik? Isn't he coming?

Neyonika : he is coming. You know how Manik is regarding his work. He's taking a call outside.

Raman nodded his head and began talking to Raj when Neyonika asked about Nandini. Ishita stood up and went to get Nandini. Ishita enters inside and looks at Nandini who was almost ready.

She went towards her and placed a hand on Nandini's shoulder grabbing her attention.

Nandini: thank god Amma you are here, please help me this. I am not able to do this.

Ishita nodded her head and took gajra and wrapped it around Nandini's hair. Ishita turns Nandini around and cupping her face placed a kiss.

Ishita : you look absolutely beautiful princess. They have arrived and is waiting for you.

Nandini's cheek starts warms up and nodding her head follows ishita. Her head down as she starts fiddle end of the saree as she walks behind ishita.

Her heart was thumping so fast and didn't how to control her head around all this. Her eyes lifted up and glanced around the room finding everyone talking expect him.  She quickly looked down and stepped down the stairs went towards them.

She first bend down touching Raj feet who immediately stopped her and took her into a hug.

Raj: my blessing is always with you beta. You don't need to bend down touching my foot. You are like my daughter. Your place is in my heart.

Nandini smiles and nodded her head moves to Neyonika and hugs her as she watched Neyonika opening her eyes to wildly. Neyonika patted her head and breaking the hug cups her face and smiles.

Neyonika : you look absolutely stunning beta. I just know you're the one for my Manik.

Nandini blushed and looked down making the rest smile. Mukti comes forward and hugs Nandini.

Mukti : you look so gorgeous Nandini. I didn't thought my brother is going to die before his marriage. At least feel pity on him.

Everyone burst out laughing on Mukti whereas Nandini looked so flashed on that statement. Her whole body shivers up as she looked at Mukti who had teasing smile on her face.

After a little laugh everyone sat back down and starts talking to Nandini when they heard Manik's voice. Nandini slightly turns her head around and glanced at Manik who had his hand shoved in his pocket and talking over the phone.

She really  found him extremely hot and attractive when he walked through the door talking over the phone and didn't giving damn about his surrounding.

Her eyes met his before she looked away and blushed getting caught by him. Manik who had to receive this important call from his client then Arjun thought to call him and annoy him.

Manik was getting pissed at Arjun and was so close firing him but couldn't because he's the best Pa he can never get. Manik ended the call looks around and smiles making his way towards him.

He didn't fail to glance at Nandini and smirked when he caught her ogling at him. Manik chucking his thoughts greets her parents and apologised.

Manik : I'm so sorry. I had to take this important call. I couldn't leave it unattended. Hope you understand.

Raman : it's okay. We totally understand you Manik. No need to stress.

Manik smiles and looks at his mother who didn't looked pleased with his answer but knowing his mother he thought to pacify her later.

Manik glanced at Nandini who looked absolutely mesmerising and breathtaking looking an angel. His heart stops beating a for second as he stares her who didn't even dared to look at him.

( Nandini's attire)

( Manik's outfit)

Manik diverts his gaze away when he heard Mukti's whispers and looks at her who smirked in return. He glares her and looked at his father who was talking.

Everyone was in deep conversation like Nandini was talking to Raj and Neyonika, Manik talking to Ishita
and Raman. In between all Manik and Nandini time to time would steal glance of each other.

Neyonika : we should let them talk now. We can talk afterwards. I want to know what they think about this proposal. Nandini there is no pressure from anyone. Think wisely what you want. You have our support with you. You will be my favourite girl.

Nandini smiles and nodded her head and corner of eyes looked at Manik who looked so proud by Neyonika's words. Manik also stood up and blinked his eyes at Raj who smiles and nodded at her.

Ishita : princess, why don't you take Manik into your room. I'll send snacks for you both.

Nandini nodded her head and starts walking towards the stairs but stopped when she didn't feel him following her. She turns around and looks at him who was whispering something into Neyonika.

Manik stepped away and looks at Nandini who stopped talking. He made his way towards her and gestures her to carry on, nodding her head she walked up the stairs and this time he was right behind her.

Her heart was thumping so fast and her back was almost touching his front body sending shivers through her body. Her cheeks were coated in red and her stomach was filled with butterflies.

Nandini pushed door and quietly stood there and looks at Manik who roams his eyes around the room looking every things in hers. He found so amused.

She starts playing with her fingers and made her to the balcony and felt cold breeze touching her face. She didn't noticed when Manik came right behind her and stood beside her. She looks at them.

They both stood in silence not knowing how to start the conversation or what to say when Manik cleared his throat and softly began the conversation.

Manik : hi Nandini. I honestly don't know to start the conversation. I wasn't expecting we will land in this situation. I hope I'm not making you uncomfortable.

Nandini : hi Manik. Even I didn't imagine this day would come. No you're not making me uncomfortable. I don't know why I am nervous. Can I ask you honest questions?

Manik looks at her and nodded his head. She looks at him and thought first before sitting on a couch.

Nandini: what do you think about this situation? Do you want to me marry? What are your thoughts on marriage? Are you forced into this? I mean...

Manik looks at her who starts bombarding with him questions that he himself didn't expected. He sighs and took a seat beside. He didn't know why he wanted to comfort her. He held her hand and starts stroking it gently.

Manik : you want my honest then let me tell you Nandini. I never believed in love or marriage even though I have perfect example of my mom and dad. I never got time to date or think about all these. I was too much on my career. I have always went against seeing any girl or talk to her. You won't believe it you are the first the girl I am seeing or visiting girl house. I don't know what I feel about you. There is connection that pulls me towards you.

Nandini looked astonished hearing his honest confession . She didn't feel him lying to her. Her heart overwhelms. Her chest flushed up. Manik looks at her and smirks seeing her red cheeks.

He was honestly to give a chance to them because he knows somewhere they were destined. If this is what destiny then there is no way he will let this opportunity away. He was going to cherish all this.

He was really excited and looking forward to every day where this will take them. Maybe his love thoughts might change.

They both started talking randomly and clearing out any questions they had. They both were disturbed by a knock when Manik offered to see who was there melting her heart. Manik opens the door and looks Mukti who brought the snacks and drinks for them.

Mukti: amma sent this for you both. Here have something to eat. You didn't even eat anything before  coming here. You must be hungry.

Manik smiles and taking the tray walks back inside and placed the tray on coffee table and looks at her.

Nandini heads the conversation between the siblings and looks at Manik whose stomach slightly rumbled making him embarrassed and her chuckling.

Nandini : it's okay. It always happens with me. Do you want a coffee or tea? I can make it for you.

Manik : I would love to have a black coffee.

Nandini : a black coffee? Why? It hasn't got taste. You should try tea and trust me you will love it. Do you want to try? I make the best tea.

He looks at her who looked so beautiful and her smiles was his weakest point. He loves seeing her smiling and promised himself he wasn't going to let the smile fade away from her face.

He nodded his head because he didn't have a heart to refuse her. She smiles and starts taking the tea while asking few others questions to which he calmly answered it. This side of his was unknown to himself too. He couldn't believe it how much things he was missing.

Nandini handed him the cup. He thanks her and took a sip and looked impressed at her.

Manik: this is best tea I ever had. How did you make it? Did you put something else in this?

Nandini : I told you. You will crave for this tea now. Trust me this is best tea. My family is crazy for this tea.

Manik chuckles and took another sip and thought how amazing she is in everything. There are so many things to learn about her. He was really excited to know what their future holds.

~

Hope you liked the chapter.

Vote and inline comments.

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 5.2K 14
MATURE story! Manan arrange marriage story! But with a Mature twist Short Romantic Story
26.3K 1.3K 46
Arranged marriage/Love Senior
364K 22.3K 39
[ ❤️Winner of mystical awards...] #8 in FF 23/09/17 #5 in Oct 2017 #9 in FF 22/09/17 Copywrite @ 2018 - Smiling Girl_07 This story is from heart n...
192K 10.8K 36
MANAN: HER PRINCESS LIFE Nandini is a middle class girl who dreams of having a princess life.This is a humorous +possessive +romantic story.Her char...