The Package

By 1Up0Down

Honey's expecting a package.. but instead she got Syd.. More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Epilogue
Not An Update

9

6.9K 296 101
By 1Up0Down

the same night
omniscient

Picking up the phone, she dialed Honey's number while making her way toward the house.

She didn't answer, which Syd dismissed while paying attention to traffic. Once she pulled up, she shook her head at the sight of the dodge in her driveway.

She called Honey again, still not getting an answer so she got out and made her way to the front door. She knocked while yawning, stretching a bit as Tray answered the door.

"What's up." He stepped aside to let her in. "Yo." She replied, glancing at Damien who was on the game. "Let me go get her." He stated, she nodded while glancing at the screen, Damien was playing Call of Duty.

She watched as he got a few kills, seeing that he was decent at the game as he talked into the mic. A few minutes later, Honey came down.

She went and stood under Syd, stepping back as she inhaled the smell of liquor and cheap perfume. "What?" She asked, getting an attitude.

"I came here to eat and watch them stupid ass shows with you, so put your shoes on so we can go get some food." Syd told her, Damien pulled off his headphones at the sound of food.

"Food?"

"Give me a minute." She said, Syd nodded and watched as she made her way back upstairs. "Where you coming from this late at night?"

"Out."

"Out where?"

"You ask a lot of questions, lil dude." Syd scratched her head, he smacked his lips. "I heard you bought Tray them shoes, where mine at?"

"You don't hoop." She shrugged, he shrugged too. "So? I'd love to have a pair of dunks."

"What you telling me for? Make it happen then." She stated, he frowned. "Man, fuck you." He told her, she gave a thumbs up, listening to the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs.

"You remember this, Ight?" The dude asked Honey, she nodded while walking him to the door. "And I will, now leave." She held the door open, he walked out, slamming the screen door as he got in his car and made a scene pulling out the driveway.

"Lord give me the strength.." She mumbled, fresh with an attitude. "Let me grab my purse." She went back upstairs and went for her purse.

Once she came back down, they finally left out the front door and got in Syd's truck. Honey said nothing the entire time, which let Syd know that she was mad.

She turned the radio on to kill the silence, pulling off the curb as she made her way out of the neighborhood. She pulled up to a red light and began pulling her flannel off.

"What's up with you?" Syd finally broke the silence, Honey glanced over at her, not being able to see the brownskin much since the streets were dark and not too many cars were out.

"Nothing."

"Stop frowning then, let that shit go." Syd insisted, she sighed. "I can't."

"Then it's definitely something up, so you gone tell me or keep wolfing about that shit?" Syd asked, Honey crossed her arms.

"I'm trying to be patient with him, but it's getting hard. I just can't explain it, Syd." She sighed, Syd turned left onto a Main Street.

"Try."

"I can't, shit is just off. One minute I like him, the next he can die." She shook her head, getting irritated all over again. "Why? What he do?"

"Syd, I don't wanna talk about." She sighed. "Stop frowning then, you mugging the fuck out of me and I just wanna spend time with you." Syd told her, she glanced out the window before crossing her arms.

"Ok."

"And that means?"

"It means ok, don't piss me off, Sydney." She huffed, Syd nodded. "Yo, you need to fix ya' fucking attitude." Syd grew irritated along with her, Honey sighed loudly while turning toward the window.

Syd shook her head while pulling into a lot, she put the truck in park before turning it off, sliding out her seat as she closed the door behind herself. She made her way to the door and held it as Honey walked in.

She tried her best to keep her eyes up, but they just kept falling below Honey's waist. She shook her head and followed her up to the counter, letting her order first.

"And for you?" The waitress smiled at Syd, Syd glanced over the menu before settling with a number 13. "Will that be dine in or to go?"

"To go."

"All orders together?" Syd nodded, pulling out her card. "Alright, your orders will be here shortly." She spoke after getting everything situated, handing Syd the receipt.

"Sin?" She turned to meet the old familiar face, furrowing her eyebrows. "Girl where the hell you been?" She asked, pulling Syd into a hug.

"Around, ducking your crazy ass." Syd admitted, the girl rolled her eyes. "Well you ain't doing a good job since I found you."

"Clearly." Syd replied, about to walk away. "Why you acting so different, what happened to the old Sin?"

"She's gone."

"Well she needs to come back, I miss your crazy ass." The girl whined, Sydney hummed before pulling the girl away from Honey who just walked out of the restaurant.

"That's your new piece?" She asked, Syd shook her. "Well, since you're single. Let's fuck one more time." The girl asked, Syd shook her head.

"I'm not Sin anymore, it's Syd. And I don't want pointless sex with you." She admitted, the girl sighed. "You gonna make me get some new dick, when I been craving yours for months."

"Yeah, life goes on Lana." She stated, the girl hummed and walked away. Syd sighed before making her way outside to where Honey was standing.

"Here." Syd gave her the keys to go sit in her truck instead of standing in the cold air. "Turn the heat on, I'll be out in a minute." Syd instructed while going back into the building. She watched from the door as Honey walked to her truck and got in.

Once inside, she started the truck and sat with her hands in her lap, waiting for Syd. After Syd came out with the food, she grabbed the bags and allowed her to pull off.

A few minutes later, Syd's phone was ringing. She glanced down at it, reading the group chat's name as she held her phone with her right hand and drove with her left. She answered the FaceTime call.

"Yo." She answered, stopping at a red light, giving her the opportunity to set her phone up. "What's Goody, Sin." Nico spoke, a few of her other homeboys going by the same name.

"Shit, in traffic."

"You working tomorrow?" One of the other guys asked, she shook her head. "Tuesday."

"What's the move tomorrow then, let's fuck up the city." Nico suggested, she chuckled. "Teddy just got kicked out the city, i doubt they letting him back in." She stated, making everyone else laugh.

"For what?"

"Touching on a dancer."

"That nigga a straight menace to society." Nico commented, everyone else agreeing. "I'm surprised Sinnie ain't right with him."

"It's saint now." She joked, making the boys laugh. "Well we gone need Sin back tomorrow night, if that's cool with you, Saint."

"What time? We ain't going nowhere to drink or smoke, I'm not being the only one sober."

"What the hell we gone do then? Play golf?" One joked, she chuckled. "Tennis."

"Netball."

"Alright man, I don't know though. We'll just have to find something." She stated, turning left. "It's a bet, hit you later, sibling." She heard, humming before she hung up and pulled into Honey's neighborhood.

"I hate this long ass street." She sighed, speeding up a bit and a few minutes later, she pulled into Honey's driveway. Putting the truck in park, she turned it off and grabbed the bags from Honey before getting out.

She followed her up to the front door and stepped in when she unlocked it, kicking the door closed behind herself. She sat the bags down and let Honey situate the boys food before she followed her upstairs into Honey's room.

The sweet smell of Honey's room being something that Syd had never smelled before, she glanced around after Honey turned on the light. Her Queen sized mattress sat against the wall in the middle of the room, a few feet away were creme colored dressers that matched her comforter and walls.

A deep brown colored night stand sat next to her bed with a lamp, phone and watch charger, and whatever other accessories that Honey placed their. On the other side of the room was a makeup vanity, sitting next to a giant armoire that matched the nightstand.

Her closet door was white, matching the fluffy white carpet that sat in the middle of the floor on top of the dark castle wood oak floor. Her TV was mounted into the wall which looked about 70 inches, underneath it was a stand that was also mounted that had a record player, DVD player, speakers, two remotes and a few books.

A giant mirror covered the 4th wall with the most space, beside the mirror was a window with white colored curtains lying on top the shades.

The ceiling fan hung from the ceiling, starting up after Honey turned on the light. "You look so amazed." Honey snapped her out of her trance.

"It's kinda what I expected." She shrugged, about to sit down but Honey pushed her back up. "Don't get in my bed with your outside clothes."

"Alright, but don't eat without me."

"Hurry up."

~

"Give me a fry." Syd told Honey, who was busy digging into Syd's wings. "Hm." She slid the container over, Syd used her fork to gather a few fries before eating them, humming lowly.

"This shit good." She stated, eating more. "Don't eat all my fries with your big foot ass." Honey frowned at her, she chuckled.

"Girl you already ate 3 of my wings." She reminded her, Honey shrugged. "You got 15."

"They boneless."

"And good as hell." Honey added, Syd chuckled and glanced at the TV while biting into one of the wings. They finished eating, trashing their containers before they went into the bathroom to freshen up for the night.

Honey finished wiping her face as she watched Syd finish flossing, and then she smiled, showing her pretty white teeth. Honey blushed at the action, watching Syd's every move in the mirror as she wiped her mouth and glanced at herself.

She licked her lips and pulled her hair out the bun it was in, which had Honey's stomach on fire. "You got some shit I can put on my head?"

"A bonnet." She replied, they made eye contact through the mirror. "Where is it? Your bald head ass don't need it." She stated, Honey rolled her eyes.

"Do you see this 200$ piece?" Honey asked, referring to her hair. "Remind me to never offer to pay for ya' shit."

"It's on my nightstand." Honey chuckled while shaking her head, Syd nodded. "Hurry up in here."

"Aye aye captain."

After Honey came out of the bathroom, she turned off the light and laid next to Syd who was staring at her phone with her glasses on. "I didn't know you wore glasses."

"Just to read." Syd replied, sighing lightly as she relaxed against the silk comforters. A few seconds later, her phone rang. "Yo Sin, hop on Madden real quick."

"I'm not at home, dawg." She replied, getting groans from the boys. "Where the fuck you at?"

"Nah scratch that, what jawn got you wearing bonnets and shit?" Nico asked, making everyone laugh. "Man mind y'all business, it's 1AM, we trying to sleep over here." She replied, causing their laughs to grow.

"She must be special, you wasn't wearing bonnets with them other bitches."

"That was Sin, not Saint." She replied, chuckling at her own joke. "Yeah whatever, alright man."

"Have a great slumber!" Nico said before she left, she glanced over at Honey who was already looking at her. "Don't ask."

"And why not?"

"Curiosity kills the cat."

"Ok then, let's just watch TV." Honey said, Syd nodded and laid back against the pillow, glancing at the show that they were watching.

Her phone kept buzzing beside her which made her grab it to see what the hype was about.

A few minutes after her chuckling and giving her phone every bit of her attention, Honey took it and joined the call. "Can y'all please continue this conversation in another group chat without Sydney, it's late and the only person that should have her attention is me. So please, continue this elsewhere."

Syd smacked her lips and took her phone back. "Hold on now Sin, put Miss Thing Thing back in the camera—."

"—nah nah bro, she right we blowing the act. Getting Sin in trouble and shit—."

"—you niggas mad irritating." Syd hung up, mugging Honey. "You just flat out did too much."

"Me?!"

"Yes you, 'the only person that should have her attention is me—."

"—correct me if I'm wrong but that's why you came over, to see ME. Not to be on your phone all damn night."

"Whatever girl, this shit boring anyways." She stated, rolling her eyes at the TV. "Well I don't know what to tell you, Sydney." Honey powered Sydney's phone off.

"Aggy." She mumbled under her breath. "Mhm." She hummed, scooting closer to Syd. Syd stared at the screen for a few minutes before sighing. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah.."

"How old were you when you had kids?" Syd asked, Honey choked on air. "Those are my little brothers, I've been taking care of them since like 12 or 13." She replied, Syd hummed.

"Shit my bad, I thought you were a teen mom."

"Might as well be." She shrugged, Syd nodded. "Where you from, cause I know you're not from here."

"Savannah."

"Hm, small ass town."

"Girl whatever, you?"

"Memphis." She stated, Honey nodded. "Explains the Tiger tattoos." She replied, Syd nodded. "How old are you?"

"27, I'll be 28 on April 21st. You?"

"Just turned 27 September 18th." Syd replied, Honey scoffed. "Virgo."

"Taurus."

"You're the meanest Virgo I know." Honey said, Syd hummed. "I'm not mean, just honest." She replied, Honey scoffed. "Which is mean, some shit isn't meant to be said and you say it anyway."

"Yep, I'm not lying or biting my tongue about shit, girl." She replied, making honey roll her eyes. "Do you really like me?"

"Well, I do find you annoying and stubborn as fuck sometimes but other than that, yeah." She nodded, Honey raised an eyebrow.

"Are you sure?"

"If I say it, I mean it. Vice Versa." She replied, Honey sighed before looking at Syd. "Why'd you move here?"

"Fresh start. You?"

"From?"

"My old life?"

"Obviously, why'd you need a fresh start. What did you do?" Honey asked, now invested. "I ain't do shit, my pops was a big time dope boy, made a lot of enemies but he never moved. One night, he and my moms started arguing so we left and went to my granny's. He died later on that night in the crib. We had to leave to keep safe."

"What about your mom?"

"She went back to take care of my granny, we haven't spoken since." She muttered, staring into space.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I—."

"—it's cool, anything else you wanna know?"

"Yes, what's my name in your phone?" She narrowed her eyes at Syd, Syd chuckled. "annoying ass lil girl."

"Change that shit, I'm not even annoying." She frowned, Syd chuckled. "I will later, what about you though? Why you come here?"

"Foster care."

"I thought you came from money, lil bougie expensive ass." Syd stated, Honey chuckled. "Nope, and I'm not bougie. Maybe just a tad bit expensive." She stated, Syd hummed.

"What's your actual name?"

"Honey..?" She replied, Syd raised an eyebrow. "I swear, it's Honey. I guess my mother was on drugs, I don't really know." She shrugged, Syd nodded.

"Yours?"

"You already know it."

"Sydney!" She smiled, Syd chuckled. "Why do your friends call you Sin?" Honey asked, Syd sighed. "I don't know, I use to be reckless as a kid, and my pops started the nickname then my brother carried on. Once we got here, we met Nico and my brother started saying it around him. It just stuck. Once I met the rest of the gang, that's what they called me." She explained.

"And Saint?"

"I made that up, I don't wanna be known as Sin no more. I feel like I've evolved from who that person was, so I'm now Saint, and I would like for you to address me as so." Syd stated, Honey giggled.

"We'll see, Sin."

"Girl." She glared at Honey who continued to laugh. "Why you got so many tattoos?"

"I love art, I wanted to go to school for it but I couldn't pay for it. I never thought about it anymore afterwards." She explained.

"Why don't you have any?

"I love smooth naked skin, tattoos remind me of my jailbird ass daddy." She replied, Syd chuckled at the way she said it. "What he locked for?"

"Murder."

"Damn. How long he been gone?"

"Shit my whole life, his ass not coming home." Honey shrugged, Syd chuckled at the girl. "Where you work?" Syd asked, giving her full undivided attention to the girl.

"An interior designing company."

"Word? I need to let you set up my spot when I get one."

"You have a house."

"I have an apartment, I bought some land. I wanna build my own home, but I don't know how yet. But when I decided, you gonna help me decorate?" Syd asked, rubbing her neck.

"I guess, only because I think you're horrible at designing."

"I'm not. I can draw and shit." She stated, Honey hummed. "I want you to draw me a picture of some heaven gates, clouds, everything pearly and white with me walking down the stairs. And at the bottom there's need to be people bowing down—."

"—you're funny as hell." Syd laughed, Honey chuckled. "I'm actually serious, do it for me. So I can hang it up in my front room. And everyone who comes in is gonna know that I run shit."

"Alright girl, I got you. That's gone cost though." Syd said, she nodded. "How much?"

"200000$."

"You must be out your damn mind." Honey frowned, making Syd laugh. "A little, Insane is another nickname of mine."

"Shit how many you got, that's actually scaring me now."

"What you scared for?" Syd asked, raising an eyebrow. "You got tats and you just admitted to being insane." Honey frowned, Syd chuckled.

"I wouldn't hurt you, I'm not sin anymore." Syd said, Honey hummed. "Mhm, let's make sure I never meet Sin, I've grown very fond of Saint."

The girls spent the rest of the night getting to know each other, asking each other questions as they cuddled and stared up at the dark ceiling until they both fell asleep in each others warm embrace.

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 1.4K 7
Sequel to my book: Her Sister.
41 0 28
Honey grew up around love. Her parent's loved each other, her siblings loved one another, she loved her best friend and she loved her boyfriend. At j...
16.3K 453 31
everyтнιng ι нold dear reѕιdeѕ ιn тнoѕe eyeѕ. (slow updates)
28.3K 1.6K 19
She fell first, but... She fell harder. ❤