Dangerous Desires | PJM 18+

By BangtanBae33

Mia Scott had been married to her husband for half a decade but as time goes on, love and desire dwindle fart... More

ONE: PROLOGUE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-EIGHT

TWENTY-SEVEN

1.9K 115 101
By BangtanBae33

Walking into Mia's office building unexpectedly earned me a lot of curious looks - some even a bit too... appreciative as if I wouldn't notice. Especially from the older women walking by with their cups of coffee and pantyhose-covered legs. Grinning to myself and avoiding as much eye contact as I could, I silently continue on my path, adjusting the bouquet of azaleas, calla lilies, and begonias, each a shade of pink. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know that pink was her favorite color, just a man who prides himself in taking notice of the small details when it comes to someone he loves.

"Bonjour," a young woman around my age cheerfully announces from behind a desk as I walk by. "May I help you? Are you from a florist?", she asks, switching to her best heavily-accented English. Thank God! I probably should have been more diligent about learning the language than swooning over Mia.

"Huh?" My brows furrow with confusion but then I quickly chuckle at her assumption. "No, no. I'm here to see Mia Scott. My name is Jimin... her boyfriend," I state as I peek over the wood separating us, watching the words she's writing down on a small notepad.

Handsome man! Boyfriend? ...Jimmy?

"That's Jimin. J-I-M-I-N," I correct her and flash her a smile that makes her try to hide one in response.

Scratching out Jimmy, she replaces it with the edit and stands to her feet, adjusting her pencil skirt so that it's not so high up on her hips. "Mia is currently speaking with someone, but you're welcome to have a seat outside her door. Would you like any water? Tea? Coffee, perhaps?"

I shake my head and step aside so that she can walk by. "No, thank you."

Sitting down, I unbutton the top of my dress shirt and push up my sleeves after carefully placing the flowers on the empty chair beside me. I take note of the muffled conversation coming from inside her office and fiddle with the rings on my fingers as I wait patiently for her to be done.

It was definitely a man she was speaking to. A client possibly or even her boss. Overthinking my showing up out of the blue like this, I begin to bounce my leg in anticipation. The last thing I'd ever want to do is get her in trouble or inconvenience her at work.

Just as I'm considering leaving the flowers with the receptionist, the door to her office opens and my joyous facial expression falters as I see Cameron walking out looking as smug as usual.

I still loathe that man.

"Ah, Jimin, was it?" he announces as he holds his hand out to shake mine and I stare at the gesture for a second before meeting his gaze, not accepting his offer.

His eyes bore into mine, neither one of us breaking the stare as the corner of his lip raises in an annoying smirk that makes me want to backhand it off of his face.

At the sound of my name, Mia walks out with a beaming smile that completely erased any feelings of annoyance I had. Walking over to me, I stand to my feet and wrap my arms around her waist, holding her tightly as she tucks her chin onto my shoulder. My eyes open before we pull apart, noticing how envious Cameron looked at our genuinely happy interaction.

Ha!

"I didn't expect to get to see you until later tonight," she lovingly grinned up at me. Her chocolate brown hair was pulled halfway back with two wavy pieces framing her gorgeous face, making my heart thump erratically for the smallest reason. God, could I be any more head over heels for her? "You left so early this morning, I was sad I didn't get the opportunity to say goodbye."

Cameron clears his throat and we both ignore his presence entirely.

"I'm sorry, baby. Early mandatory meeting this morning. I meant to tell you last night but we both were so... occupied that it slipped my mind." Another clear of Cameron's throat, this one a bit louder.

We ignore the one as well.

...Why is he even still here?

Reaching down, I pick up the bouquet of assorted flowers and smile so big that my eyes disappear when Mia lets out an enthusiastic squeal and claps her hands excitedly. "So, I wanted to bring you flowers to make up for leaving so early this morning and take you home today. Maybe we could go out for dinner if you'd like."

"Oh, Jimin," she gushes as she lovingly looks at the bouquet, sniffing its bright floral scent. "Thank you! Should I change first?"

My eyes scan her body slowly, taking my time to appreciate not only the curve of her breasts, waist, and hips but to admire the effort she put into her appearance today. As if confessing our love gave her another spike in confidence. Something her ex tried so hard to dim, but I'm so incredibly proud of her for being so resilient with everything. It's just one of the many things I love and respect her for.

"You're welcome, beautiful," I say lowly, nibbling on my bottom lip and looking back up her frame slowly before meeting her eyes, making her giggle as if she was sixteen again. "You're perfect just how you are."

A sharp and quick clear of Cameron's throat resounds along with a shuffle of his feet.

Mia rolls her eyes and turns around to face him, being sure to keep my hand around her waist as she takes a step back and softly pushes her ass into my groin. "Cameron, if there's nothing else then the receptionist can help you find your way out in case you've forgotten how to leave."

His eyes zero in on my hand sprawled out on her abdomen and like the little asshole I can be, I start to caress her with my thumb as I wait for him to answer. "No, I think we had a good discussion today. I was just waiting to give you a proper goodbye. See you at therapy tomorrow, wife."

I do my best to hold back my amusement at his attempt to rattle me, but it becomes much more difficult when Mia snorts out a laugh of her own. Gripping her side, she lets her head fall back on my chest while she tries to calm herself down.

"We're in the middle of a divorce, Cameron," she giggles through the words. "I... you know what? I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of an argument. See you at therapy."

The receptionist stands from her desk and walks around to greet Cameron. Catching onto the fact that he's no longer welcome, he thankfully starts to walk away while he still had an ounce of dignity intact.

And his face.

"I'm sorry for that," Mia turns to look at me with rounded puppy-like eyes. "He's..." she sighs in defeat at the loss of a word she wishes to describe him as.

I could name a few.

Running my finger under her chin, I kiss those rosy pouted lips I've missed every second of the day. "Don't apologize. A baboon will be a baboon whether it's in the zoo or not." Chuckling at that, she smiles brightly and my heart sings at her uplifted mood. "Why was he unfortunately here anyway?"

"Ugh, talking about therapy and trying to convince me that it'd be best if I moved out of your apartment. I told him that I wasn't trying to make anything work between him and me and that I wasn't going anywhere. I also informed him that you and I are now official and that I'd like for him to be respectful of that. Needless to say, he wasn't exactly happy."

My heart flutters at the fact she told Cameron. Also explains why he stuck around. Probably wanted to see for himself. Damn, I'm glad I got here when I did.

"So, shall we?" I ask as I step aside and gesture to the exit.

"Yes, let me just..." she looks into her office, trying to find something to put the flowers in.

"I'll take those and put them in a vase for you, Mia," the receptionist suggests. "Go! Have fun. It's getting late anyway and I can't leave until you do."

Handing the flowers to the young woman, Mia grabs her purse and cell phone before turning off her office light, "I'm going to run to the restroom. Would you mind holding my things?"

Watching her walk off with a pep in her step, I affectionately stare at her for a little longer than necessary until I sense the receptionist eyeing me from behind her desk while placing the flowers into some water. Feeling my cheeks heat up from being caught ogling, I adjust her purse on my arm and start to awkwardly stare at the artwork on the walls until the vibration of Mia's phone in my hand catches my attention.

Cameron:
You seem happy with your
little boyfriend. I won't tell him about what you talked to me about today.
Don't worry.

Staring at the text, a lump in my throat began to form. Mia told me what she and Cameron discussed today, but was that all she talked to him about? Was there something else that she's not wanting to tell me?

The insecurities in my mind swiveled around as I began to hope and pray it wasn't her reconsidering us starting a relationship or her wanting to try to work things out with him. It never crossed my thoughts before but what could she have discussed with him that she would even be worried he'd tell me about?

Hearing her heels clack against the tiled floor, I slip her phone into her bag and brush aside my worrying subconscious, reminding myself of who Mia is and what we share together.

"Ready to go?" she announces as she steps up to me with her wavy brunette hair bouncing one last time and taking hold of her bag.

Kissing her lips, I ignore the insecurity one last time for the night, "Ready."

Holding onto my hand, she proudly walks with me to the exit while those curious eyes from when I first arrived observed me once again and I look down at her fondly as my heart filled with her love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 21.9K 78
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
1.1M 61.6K 38
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
576K 20.9K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
123K 3.4K 54
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...