The Package

By 1Up0Down

Honey's expecting a package.. but instead she got Syd.. More

1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Epilogue
Not An Update

7

6.8K 322 67
By 1Up0Down

syd's pov
December 5th

I glanced at the clock that read 1:45 PM as I rolled out of bed and grabbed the bag that I had packed earlier, I stood and made the bed before grabbing my bag. I walked into my living room and threw the bag strap over my shoulders while I went and got a body armor out of the fridge. I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my keys before I made my way to the door.

I clicked on my nephews contact before calling him, making my way downstairs to my truck. "Yo, I'll be there in 15. Be ready." I informed him before hanging up.

After I picked him up, we made it to the gym and parted ways. I suggested that he come get a workout in but he was so focused on fixing his shot, I could've done that for him.

I played basketball from 6th grade to 12th, I even coached a few teams before I started to work for UPS. I thought about starting back up, but then I'd have completely no time in my schedule and that's definitely not what I want at all.

But I still come to the gym every 2 weeks with my nephew, get a workout in and bust his ass in 1v1s. I made my way into the weight section, not knowing what I was gonna get into first.

I slipped my AirPods in and went to a random playlist, hearing Die For You by The Weeknd as I made my way to the barbell.

Sliding on my preferred weights, I placed my hands at a distance before I went underneath and got settled. After I was comfortable enough, I stood up and grunted lightly before taking a step back, positioning my feet I took a deep breath and made sure to keep my core tight as I squatted.

🎶You know what I'm thinking
See it in your eyes 🎶

I listened to the sweet melody as I counted each squat, making sure to keep my feet flat and my posture straight.

"8." I counted, setting the bar back on the rack as I took a quick break.

After my break, I started back up and finished my reps, feeling a little dead on the last set but I pushed through and got them done. I wiped the sweat from my forehead and took a deep breath, taking a sip of my body armor as I situated my wife beater which was becoming sweatier by the minute.

"I usually love sleeping all alone.." I hummed along to the song, wondering if I clicked on my The Weeknd playlist instead of a regular one. I removed the weights from the barbell and slipped on some more after I got it down.

I took a deep breath and continued to hum with the song while I prepared for my RDL.

After I was done weightlifting, I made my way to the gym area, seeing a few kids around my nephews age running a game. I took the last sip of my body armor and trashed it before I glanced around, spotting Honey who was already looking at me.

Damn, I see shawty everywhere.

Going over to the bleachers, I changed into my basketball shoes and stretched a bit, not needing to do much since I stretched after my lift. "Let's run a 5v5!" My nephew suggested, standing next to me.

"I'm not playing with y'all, y'all kids man." I stated, he huffed. "Not them two, he said he's 23 and he's 25." He pointed to two men with beards who were shooting around. "We down to play." One of them spoke, I glanced over after feeling a glare on me.

"Besides, lil dude still want his lick back after that game." My nephew teased Honey's... son? Whoever the lil guy was. "What I tell you about that." I mumbled to him, thumping his ear and he just shrugged.

"Come on, I'm shooting for captain." He stated, running onto the court. I followed behind while watching as he shot and made it. I grabbed the rebound, bouncing the ball a few times before I went out to shoot, missing hard.

One of the grown guys grabbed the rebound and shot, making it. "That was quick." Honey's son stated. "Shoot for first pick." He insisted, the guy shot and made it, instantly picking the older man next to him.

Kevin picked me, then the guy picked a tall lanky boy, which resulted into Kevin picking a shorter one, then the guy picked Honey's son, so Kevin picked the tall guy who looked in his mid teens.

Only 2 were left, the guy picked the taller boy, which left us with the fat one. "They got a super team over there." Kevin stated, I glanced over at the 5, Tall, Tall, Short, Tall, Tall.

"Don't mean shit. He got first pick we get first ball." I told him, they discarded the other balls and the chubby guy went to take the ball out.

"I want you to run the offense." Kevin gave me the ball, I chuckled. "Nah, that's too easy. You do it." I bounced it back to him, jogging off down the court.

"Yo, 12!" The older guy yelled, leaving only one of them confused as he stood in the middle. Kevin brought the ball up, swinging it as he cut through, I fake drove around the baseline, dribbling around in the corner which caused them to double me, so I lobbed the ball overhead to the fat boy who went up and got fouled, missing the layup.

"Foul!" We all called. "Man we ain't doing that shit, let's play ball." The older guy insisted, I smirked. "Ok."

"Kevin press up! Orange shirt go help. Black shirt, you take away any pass once the ball dead. We staying back here to protect the rim, Ight?" I asked the chubby one, he nodded.

I watched as the boys did as said, they ended up breaking the press though and Honey's son came through for the floater which I grabbed out the air, pushing the ball down the court I watched as the floor spread out, dribbling back up to the top where Honey's son picked up.

"Nah I don't need no screen." I stated, rejecting it. He began to reach so I began backing up, dribbling between my legs as I did so before I blew by him and drove right, picking the ball up I jump stopped in the post and got the easy floater off the glass.

"2-0."

"That's a bet."

"We picking up?" Kevin asked, I nodded and he sprinted up the floor along with the other guy to trap. Honey's son ended up getting through them with the help of a screen, driving towards me he drove before dribbling under his leg where he stepped back for a pull up, making it.

"Nice move." I stated, Kevin elbowed me in my back as I chuckled. He took the ball out and I turned around to see Honey's son already there. Ima just call him Nike since that's what shirt he had on.

"Please run the offense."

"You just want me to score, build your game man." I insisted, giving my nephew the ball back and he sighed as Nike picked up on him, swinging it to me which I gave it back.

"Dribble the damn ball, make a move and go past him!" I grew frustrated with him, he attempted to but Nike picked the ball and went for a layup which I blocked and sent a hard chest pass to my nephew.

"Man dribble that damn ball, keep doing what you doing, don't let up on his ass." I told Nike, watching as my nephew attempted to get past him but he got another steal, going all the way which I blocked again.

"Take your ass down the floor." I told him, he did so while going to the wing. I did a double crossover, driving right before I did a BTB wrap and drove with my left hand, dropping the ball off to my nephew who attacked the gap and pulled up for the midrange.

"Good shot boy!" One of his friends on the side yelled as we got back. "Iso!" The guy called, Kevin stepped up and wiped his shoes off while the rest of us stepped out of the way.

He brought the ball up, but Kevin wasn't pressing up so he pulled up and drained the 3. "5-4."

"What we going to?"

"30."

I took the ball out, giving it to one of the short guys on our team to which he could actually handle the ball and get past Nike, he went all the way for an And1.

"Man pick up, y'all constantly letting them attack these gaps. Pick up on D!" One of the older guys yelled, I bumped the other as he cut across my face and the first one pulled up, boxing him out I got the rebound and pushed the ball up the court.

I went all the way for the regular layup and jogged back, listening as the first two argued, Nike sat with a frown, and the other tall guys just stood idle. There was another missed pull up, which resulted into me getting the rebound and launching it down the court to our shifty kid who went for the reverse lay.

"Man can y'all pass the ball and stop pulling up, we're losing." Nike informed them, attempting to get the ball but the guy just waved him off and waved me forward. "Iso!" He called, I stepped forward, getting down into a defensive stance as I stared at his hips.

He jabbed right before coming back left, wrapping the ball behind his back, he attempted to hesi but I didn't bite so he did two between the legs and ripped through, attempting to pull up on the side but I jumped up and blocked it, grabbing the ball I went all the way for the AND1 since he pushed me into the pad.

Chuckling I made my way back down the court as he called another iso, this time he got down to the paint, attempting to baby me but all I did was wall up when he attempted to shoot, getting another block I took off down the court and bounce passed it to the chubby boy who turned it over but it was all good.

"It's cool man, way to branch out though!" I stated, stepping up again since he kept calling me out, this time I got the steal and waited for them to come down but Nike back tapped me and went all the way, Kevin went and hawked him down for the block, getting the ball he launched it to me.

The guy already in my face as I stood in triple threat, analyzing the floor. I ripped from my left side hard, making sure to get somewhere with my dribble as I pulled up in the open space.

"Cash!" I called, backpedaling as the shot fell through the net. "That lucky shit."

"Call it what you want."

"Bring your ass."

"Stop calling ISO's, you keep getting clamped!" His friend yelled, they began to argue which gave me the opportunity to steal the ball and get a fast break layup.

In no time we won the game.

"Reshoot for captains man." Nike stated, shooting the ball he ended up missing. "Give me that, I don't even know why you shot." Kevin teased him, I took a sip of the Gatorade that I had gotten from the vending machine before I went and got the rebound from Kevin's shot.

Standing in the corner, I shot, making the 3. Soon enough the shifty lil guy from the other team made one, and then he began to pick first.

Teams ended up being me, Kevin, the chubby boy, the tall one, and last picks were the grown dude or Nike.

They picked the grown guy which left us with Nike. "Hell no!" Kevin stated, I frowned. "Man shut your ass up, go take the ball out." I threw it to him, he frowned at me and I pointed to the baseline.

He sighed before going to take out the ball, attempting to throw it to me but I gave it to Nike. "Right here." He asked for the ball, but lil man just took it up the court, Kevin followed behind.

After Nike scored he ignored Kevin on the way back down, picking up on the ball. "Bro what're you doing? Stop chasing the ball, stay with your man." Kevin kept complaining, I got a steal on the corner and tossed it out ahead for the fast break. Kevin caught the ball and went and made the layup.

Him and Nike began arguing about who was gonna pick up on the ball, both of them ended up doubling which lead to the swinging the ball. I couldn't be 2 places at once so they ended up making a 3.

I sighed while taking the ball out, inbounding it I made my way up the floor and watched as they argued about who would run the offense. "Y'all need to kill all that Shit and just play ball!" The tall boy stated, I nodded in agreement.

"Tell him to give me the ball."

"Work for it." I stated, Nike began attempting to drive but he got blocked, I recovered the ball and backed out. Pushing them out as the chubby boy set me a screen for a 1 dribble pull up.

"I got him!"

"Her*." I corrected, backpedaling down the court as the guy got the ball. I picked him off and went all the way for the layup, he didn't get the ball back after that since I had him on lock.

Meanwhile the other guy was just shooting Kevin's lights out. "STEP YOUR ASS UP AND PLAY SOME D, YOU KILLING ME WITH THAT SHIT MAN!" I yelled at him, frustrated with his ass.

He sighed and stepped up, cutting the guy off as he drove around, I got the block and gave the ball to Nike. "Until you play D, your ass ain't touching the ball. I told him, he frowned and started to say something but I gave him a look.

"He ain't no better, he keep missing. He can't do shit but floaters. We're down by 8."

"Well work to get back up, quit fucking complaining Kevin. Crying like a bitch, I don't wanna hear that shit." I told him, he said nothing else, just sprinted back after we scored in the other end making it 14-20.

He stepped up and attempted to play defense, letting the guy blow by him as he attempted to get the block but it didn't work. He took the ball out and gave it to me, I gave it to Nike, to which he turned it over and got discouraged about it since it was his 3rd turnover in a row.

"I don't wanna play no more." He stated, going over by Honey. "Shit it's your fault we losing."

"Nah it's your fault, you can't play no defense."

"Nigga i clamped you—."

"—shut that shit up man!" I huffed, now irritated. "It's both of y'all fault, but instead of trying to fix it. You want complain and you wanna quit. The fuck is wrong with y'all?!" I stared between the two.

"He—."

"—He Shit, we on a team! Y'all can't take turns sharing the ball, it ain't about who better. We're in a gym, ain't no fucking scouts in here. And y'all damn sure ain't getting recruited with these attitudes, don't no coach want a player who gives up after every mistake, and don't no coach want a player who bitch and moan about everything. PLAY THE GAME! Get your fucking reps in." I stated, the gym being dead silent.

"I don't wanna play no more, fuck that game."

"So that's what you do when it gets hard, you quit. You gone tap out, because we down by what 10? You supposed to be the PG, run the floor. Shit ain't gone go your way every time but you can't cry about that shit, make up for it. 10 points ain't shit but 5 layups. You got 2 post players, and 2 that can rebound. You can't do all that shit by yourself. Get out your head, man. Ain't nobody here to take shit from you, play ball."

"I tried to—."

"—there you go again, come on. Get your soft ass back out here. You can't hide under the titty when shit gets tough." I grabbed his shoulder, pushing him back onto the floor.

He looked back at Honey which made me sigh. "Being a mama's boy ain't gone get you nowhere. She can't help you—."

"—I didn't say she could—."

"—then stop looking at her, her ass don't exist right now. You the player, not her. You the one out here fucking up not her, and you the one that's gone fix it. Not her." I gave him a hard chest pass, he caught the ball still while frowning before he went and sat by Honey, I shook my head.

"Give us the ball man." I stated, he gave it up. "Told you he was soft—."

"—MAN FUCK YOU!"

"CRYBABY ASS BOY—."

"—Kevin I swear you got one more time to say something and ain't nobody talking to you. You ain't no fucking better than him. Both of y'all sorry as hell. He ain't nothing but a crybaby, and you a complaining ass crybaby. Garbage asses." I stated, they both were looking at me now.

"What?! Can't neither one of y'all beat me, I don't care about whatever else y'all got going on." I crossed my arms. "I can." Nike stood up, I scoffed.

"You done crying to mama, did she make it all better? Soft ass lil boy."

"Syd stop talking to him like that—."

"—nah that's his problem, stop babying this boy. You ain't gone be there to solve every problem, he gotta get out there and do shit on his own." I finally glanced up at her, he took his shirt off and slung it onto the bleachers before coming back out.

"You done crying?" I asked, he ignored me and just took the ball out, giving it to Kevin. "22-14!"

"Everybody pick up when we head back down!" Kevin stated, dribbling up the court. He swung the ball and cut, going off the downhill screen where he popped out to the corner, I dove down for the drop off layup.

We got back on D and I picked up as directed, getting a steal where I met the big boy at the rim and dropped it off.

This time around, Nike pressed up and got a steal, getting a left hand layup which left us down to 2 more layups.

I was chasing the shooter around, tired as hell as he kept moving but so did I, and as soon as he shot, I was there to contest. Kevin grabbed the rebound and gave it to me, I brought the ball up the floor and swung it to Nike, he attempted a one dribble pull up but missed short, the chubby boy got the rebound and threw it back out and I pulled up for 3.

"Hey you good, put a lil more on it." I insisted, he nodded while getting back, matching up. "21-22."

"24-21." The short shifty boy scored. I hurriedly took it out and shot down the court for a fast break layup, getting the ball, I laid it in softly and picked up full court, getting a trap with Nike, I gave him the ball for the left hand layup.

"We in the lead."

The next few possessions consisted of both teams having consistent turnovers, causing Nike to slug behind. "Come on man! Pick it up, you're not tired."

"Stop breathing like that, y'all ass horribly conditioned. Whatever these new coaches doing that shit ain't right." I shook my head, stepping up to guard the lil shifty dude since they weren't picking up.

He swung the ball to the wing for a 3, tying us both at 27. "So y'all just gone quit, just gone give the game away?" I asked, the both of them panting like dogs.

"I need—."

"—you don't need shit, we tied at 27. All we need is 3 to win and you're both damn near on the floor dying, from what? 3 down and backs? Y'all gotta get in shape man." I shook my head, taking the ball out, I gave it to Nike.

"Pressure!" The guy insisted, causing the shifty boy to sprint toward Nike, I watched, thinking he'd make a move but he turned and shielded him off, which made me shake my head.

The shifty one picked the ball off and went for the pull up, missing off the back rim so I grabbed the rebound and gave it to Kevin, but him and Nike took turns passing it back in forth since a defender was in both their faces.

I went and got the ball from the two, getting doubled as I passed the ball to the post and cut baseline, popping to the corner for the 3.

"Game." I called, wiping my face with my now drenched wife beater. "Your foot was on the line." The guy stated, I sighed. "Alright man." I shook my head, going back down the floor.

Kevin and Nike began to pick up, and I was in the post swatting anything that came my way. I picked the shifty boy's pocket, taking off down the court with one of the grown men on my side.

I crossed half court, took one great dribble and picked up the ball tucking it, my right foot went left as I swung the ball over his head and my left followed suit as I finished with the left hand layup.

"Now what?" I asked him, he began mumbling under his breath while walking towards his belongings. I turned and made my way over to Nike and Kevin who were back court playing with another ball.

"Hey, all that 'ugh I'm tired!' bullshit is for the birds." I said, blocking Nike's shot as I held the ball so they both could listen.

"I was tired, I did most of the work." He stated, I glanced over at him. "Ok? I'm not congratulating you for doing what you supposed to." I shrugged, he smacked his lips.

"You a hater man."

"Call it what you want." I stated, giving him the ball back. "Let me see that broke ass jumpshot one more time." I requested, he scoffed.

"I can make more shots than you in a row." He stated, shooting the ball. "Not with that form." I grabbed his rebound, going back out, I shot the ball which fell right through the net.

By the time I was done messing around with them, Nike and Kevin were finally cool which was great to me. No more arguing. "I'm still better than you." Kevin told him.

"Y'all got lucky." He stated, I shook my head. "Both y'all weak ass need to be in there. Can't do a pull up to save y'all life." I shook my head, Kevin scoffed.

"I bet I can, let's go. Come on , Ne." Nike went into the room, Honey following behind him. "That's her?"

"Yeah." I mumbled, knowing he was looking at her ass. "Don't get in here and say nothing stupid, ima knock your chest in." I threatened, he chuckled. "Why you so mad today? Need your thing played with?" He asked, I shook my head at him while opening the door, pushing him in.

"You play too much." I told him, the small smirk evident as he continued to laugh. "If y'all do 10 pull ups I'll buy both of y'all those new KDs." I stated, Kevin hurriedly dropped his bag since KD was his favorite player.

"10 each?" He asked, I nodded. "Both of y'all gotta do and complete 10 though." I said, sitting my bag to the side.

"And if you do 50, I'm cutting my hair off." Kevin stated, I chuckled. "You know that's way too easy. Deal."

I shook on it with both of them. "I'm first." Kevin stepped up, he grabbed ahold of the bar and took a deep breath before pulling himself up. "1...2...3... keep going!" I counted after he nearly stopped.

He finished up, dropping with a grunt as he flexed on me. "Boy, you struggled nearly 20 times trying to do the last 2." I reminded him.

"You always hating." He told me. "I know that's right." Honey mumbled loud enough for us to hear. "Man, call it what y'all want." I shrugged, Nike stepped up to do his, I shook my head at the sight.

"What you feeding him? He weak as hell." I stated, he kicked at me which made me chuckle. "Reverse your arms, you ain't strong enough to do them like that yet." I stated, he followed my instructions.

"Deep breath, when you ready then pull yourself up." I told him, he nodded before doing so, and then he did one.

He began to struggle at 4, I watched as he started to give up but I pushed him back up. "It's not hard, keep going." I stated, giving him assistance as he stopped at 9.

"One more, come on man." I stated, he pulled himself up but struggled since his arms were shaking, I let him go and he came back down, his arms trembling.

"You got 1 left, you gone quit or what?" I asked, he took a deep breath before pulling himself up for the last one. Dropping down he began to shake his head.

"Never again." He shook his head, I chuckled. "Y'all just weak." I stated, stepping up to the bar. I pulled myself up and took a deep breath, then I began.

Counting in my head as I did each one, getting to my forties i began to slow down. "41.. 42.... 43...44...45...46..47....48...49...50." Kevin counted, I dropped down and glanced to see him smirking.

"Let's go get my shoes."

"What time is it?"

"2:34." I glanced at Nike, pulling him up off the floor. "What size you wear, lil dude?"

"8.5." He panted, I chuckled at him. "Alright." Glancing up at Honey.

"You gone keep ignoring me or what?" She asked, I could feel the eyes of both boys on us as I grabbed my bag. "We'll talk later." I stated, knowing I pissed her off as I lead the way out the door.

"What the hell are you doing?" Kevin asked, I glanced down at him. "You wouldn't know nothing bout it." I told him, he chuckled.

"That's gonna make her want you more or something?"

"Yeah, definitely." I nodded, he bursted into laughter as I chuckled and followed him out the door.

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.1K 3K 51
The sequel..
700 48 31
His hand stayed on mine as he pulled out back on the road and I could feel the embarrassment creeping up my cheeks. "I'm sorry." I said. First I was...
16.3K 453 31
everyтнιng ι нold dear reѕιdeѕ ιn тнoѕe eyeѕ. (slow updates)
63K 4.6K 92
A random story. Hope you enjoy!